Husk - Nashville
37 Rutledge Street
Nashville, TN 37210Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Husk - Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.husknashville.com/
- Phone: 6152566565
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm-9:30pm; Friday and Saturday: 5:30pm-10:30pm
Lunch and Brunch beginning on June 3rd
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Sean Brock; Chef de Cuisine Morgan McGlone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Husk - Nashville
Husk is located in Rutledge Hill—just a few blocks south of Historic Broadway, in the heart of Downtown Nashville—is the newest outpost of the Neighborhood Dining Group and James Beard Award-winning Chef Sean Brock’s renowned restaurant, Husk. Led by Brock and Chef de Cuisine Morgan McGlone, the kitchen reinterprets the bounty of the surrounding area, exploring an ingredient-driven cuisine that begins in the rediscovery of heirloom products and redefines what it means to cook and eat in Nashville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Husk - Nashville - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Husk - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
525 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (416)special occasion (338)romantic (203)neighborhood gem (198)notable wine list (135)hot spot (135)great for lunch (116)great for brunch (114)scenic view (69)good for groups (61)great for outdoor dining (48)vibrant bar scene (34)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Great AppetizersXXXXVIPDined on 8/17/2014We really enjoyed the appetizers most this trip to Husk. Our table of four each ordered a different app and they were all delicious. Instead, I opted for the Fried Chicken Leg Entrée and it was a tasty compromise.Special Features:
- A pleasant brunch overalldulcy1Dined on 8/17/2014The food was delicious. There were lots of brunch options, and the ricotta blueberry pancake with lemon sauce was particularly good. However, the service was marginal at best. Our server was lackadaisical and had to be asked multiple times for coffee refills or to bring a straw. That is disappointing at a restaurant that is usually exceptional.Special Features:
- BrunchordieDined on 8/17/2014Husk was great! The food was excellent and staff was friendly and had great recommendations. The only thing I didn't like was that our table was very close to out neighbors so it was hard to have a conversation without them knowing our business. It also didn't help that they were nosey! Great place to eat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rave review!RavereviewbrunchDined on 8/17/2014Excellent food with interesting combinations that are definitely worth trusting the chef's pallet. The flavors were layered beautifully, like a fine wine. This experience was everything I expected from my friend's experiences, and more!Special Features:
- noise levellilly3mDined on 8/16/2014this time we were seated in a quieter room. However, the bar area is very noisy, fun but noisy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/16/2014A dinner reservation may be hard to get here, but lunch is the perfect way to try it. All the food was perfect and our server was very knowledgeable. Beautiful space too!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I look forward to my next visit. It will be a go to place for when family and friends come to town.Special Features:
- Awesome!cladleyDined on 8/15/2014Everything was top notch. From the moment I arrived everything was on point. Service, food, atmosphere, all were incredible. I ended up being a solo diner, had a great time at the bar, as well as at the table in the dining room. Thank you for a memorable experience!Special Features:
- Food findNu2nashvilleVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was fabulous the deserts were huge and original. A must for foodies, casual but lovely atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!Slyp73Dined on 8/15/2014As a Nashville Native it is always nice to try the newer restaurants. My husband, 2 boys (13&11), and I went here last Friday for a birthday dinner out. The food was fantastic! I understand why it is one of the top restaurants in the country. The kids loved it. My oldest had the Wagyu Beef and the rest of us shared a ribeye with a vegetable plate. All very good minus the okra. I love okra to the point that I eat it raw but the peanut purée with it didn't go. The succotash I could have eaten my weight in. The mashed potatoes were the best I have ever eaten. Sorry mom. It was a great place. My only complaint was the noise level was way too high for a nice restaurant. We had to raise our voice to hear across the table at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding and uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014One of the best meals we have had this year. The vegetable platter was killer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Wonderful, just a bit too noisy in the main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nashville Gem!PlanepilotDined on 8/14/2014Great food with a great atmosphere! The bone in Ribeye is to die for. There are some great restaurants in Nashville. This one should be on the top of your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste bud romanceCjspaletteDined on 8/13/2014Outrageously delectable flavors and gorgeous presentation. The chess pie was possibly the best dessert I've ever experienced. I was a little disappointed in the tomato sandwich appetizer. While flavorful, I felt ripped off by the size and price. However, the rest of the meal was outstanding and I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Glad we found this place.MogulmouseDined on 8/13/2014Food was very good - excellent and a very unique dining experience. Noise level was a bit louder than we would have preferred due to conversations naturally re-bounding off the walls. One of our entrées, 1 out of 3 was slightly overcooked. Menu was unique and enjoyable and I would definitely eat there again despite the above minimal negative comments. Wait staff was extremely knowledgeable, friendly, helpful but most importantly professional.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Fresh vegetables and fish, delicious meats (chicken and beef), inventive desserts and delightful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!VTGalDined on 8/11/2014We dined at Husk while attending a conference in Nashville. There were four of us, all from Chicago, and we had high expectations! We all enjoyed every item we ordered. The food was excellent and our server very knowledgable. Every dish had its own uniique take on a standard dish. The shrimp and grits appetizer as well as the pork entree were the stars! If we are back in Nashville we will absolutely visit again!Special Features:
- Amazing!cakellyDined on 8/11/2014We were in town for a conference and went here on a free night to celebrate a co-worker's birthday! My boss called a few days ahead to order a bottle of champagne for the table to my reservation and she said it was so easy to do! Our menu's said "Happy Birthday!" at the top! The food is superb, such amazing flavors I've never tasted before! Would definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastichollyhurlDined on 8/11/2014All fried chickens pale before that served at Husk! Attention to vegetables also notable. Great experience.Special Features:
- A little surprisejeffDined on 8/10/2014I was in town for a conference and Husk was highly recommended. I was not at all disappointed! The food was very good however it is overall somewhat pricey. The only Cabernet by the glass was $20. In addition, they had 42 - 48 ounce bone-in ribeye special that my wife and I split. They did not offer the price and I did not ask so I cannot blame them entirely for the surprise (read shock) when I got the bill. With it being in an old home with wood floors and high ceilings the ambiance was nice, however with all the tables filled that evening it was a little on the noisy side. I would go back, but would certainly ask the price of any special if it was not offered!Special Features:
- Best place for out of town guestsTravelbearVIPDined on 8/9/2014Our friends enjoyed Husk. Lots of fresh ingredients on the menu. Waitress was wonderful explaining all the ingredients in each entree. Drinks were unusual and very good. I found desserts nothing special. It would have been nice to have a peach pie or some other fresh fruit item on the menu. Perhaps some interesting sorbet trio?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rainy nightBluegrassDiningDined on 8/9/2014The food at Husk was supreme- top of the line everything, from first course to desert. It was heavily raining the night we dined, and the window next to our table started leaking profusely. After numerous waiters and the manager pushed behind our seats to throw down tacky towels to stop the leak, no one apologized, no one offered to move our table, and nothing so small as a desert was given. When 2 people spend $250 at your restaurant, a little respect should be shown. Other than that, the experience was great and I would recommend Husk to visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience w/ some hickupsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014The clear highlight from Husk on our brunch outing was the menu and the food. Everything we ordered was beyond delicious. The deviled eggs, pimento cheese, biscuits & gravy, shrimp'n'grits, chess pie. All absolutely divine. Our server seemed a little out-of-place and somewhat frazzled at times, but not worth seriously complaining about. The one thing that I thought was odd was that throughout our whole meal we could hear the expo in the kitchen calling for "RUNNERS." In an establishment such as this, and a beautiful one at that, I was surprised to hear so much yelling from staff in the kitchen. It was disrupting at times, but the food and atmosphere far outweighed that.Special Features:
- Highlight of Visit to NashvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2014Have been to Charleston location several times...never to Nashville. Had brunch/lunch there...meals and service were outstanding. In Nashville 2-4 times per year, certainly will be a stop every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful in every way.Chrismay95Dined on 8/8/2014Husk is a true Southern Belle. Everything to boast about, yet refined and intelligent enough not to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs more flavorLuvtoeatDined on 8/8/2014The choices change each night. The night we were there nothing jumped out at us. I had the chicken with peaches and field peas. The chicken was very moist and I loved the peaches. It needed more flavor though. My husband had the snapper. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. We did get the Johnny cakes with pimento cheese for an appetizer and it I must say was amazing. The presentation is impressive as is the knowledge of the waitstaff. The service is outstanding as well. The kitchen needs to spice it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Both the food and service were impecable. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Loved it!LeLeDined on 8/6/2014We tried to get into the Husk in Charleston last year for my birthday, but they were totally booked during our entire stay. I was thrilled we were able to get a reservation at this Husk for this year's celebration! The food was amazing! Fresh, lots of local ingredients, and all prepared with an eye for detail and flavor! We shared the shrimp and grits for an appetizer and found it to be every bit as good as we've had in our favorite low country restaurants in Charleston. My fiancé had a pork dish he said was the best he's ever eaten and my red snapper was a thick, moist filet that would put many seafood restaurants to shame. The desserts were amazing, too! Highly recommend Husk, especially to foodies and those looking for a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experiencepublisher73Dined on 8/5/2014Husk, hands down, provided our best dining experience this year. Commendable service in a lovely setting. The menu, however, is out of this world. A terrific turn on farm-to-table, traditional Southern cuisine. Could not recommend this restaurant more.Special Features:
- extremely high-quality diningHighStandardsDined on 8/4/2014Food and beverages are of an extremely high standard, among the best in Nashville. one of several great restaurants for Southern-style haute cuisine in Nashville. Excellent service. Lots of meat but always something for vegetarians. However, if you don't eat pork or shellfish, pickins' are slim.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, Southern foodcscdineDined on 8/3/2014I wouldn't call Husk inventive or imaginative with their cooking, but the food flavours are clean-tasting and fresh and delicious. The local ingredients are given a nice chance to shine on their own, with little adornment. My friend and I had the fried chicken skins (seriously addictive), the wreckfish (a lovely summer dish), the chicken with grilled peaches and bean succotash, and the chocolate pudding with bourbon caramel for dessert. All very lovely, in a nice atmosphere with quiet but friendly service. Overall I wasn't completely wowed or anything, but Husk does southern cooking really well.Special Features:
- A MUSTFoodsnobDined on 8/3/2014I would visit Nashville just to dine at Husk. The food is fresh and inventive. Every meal is balanced and cooked perfectly.....You can not go wrong. The waiters are all very knowledgeable and attentive. I just can not say enough. I've been to Nashville twice and have eaten at Husk twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingtraveldinerVIPDined on 8/3/2014Husk was a recommendation from a local and it turned out to be one of the best meals I've had the pleasure eating, PERIOD ! I've eaten all over the world and this place hands down was the best. Will travel back to Nashville just to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They think of everythingOccasionaltreatDined on 8/3/2014Much thought has gone into food, service, presentation and ambience and it makes a difference in the overall experience.Special Features:
- Good Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Our dinner at Husk was mostly delicious; two out of three entrees were excellent, although the third was not good at all. The catfish was bland and the accoutrements bitter and oddly textured. The pork chop and roasted chicken were fantastic, though, as were the desserts: Crema coffee cake, chess pie, and lemon blueberry shortbread. The service, however was negligent and inattentive. We spent most of the meal with empty water glasses, and our server was very difficult to reach. Although we didn't have a terrible experience, with so many incredible dining options in Nashville, I would recommend that diners try their luck elsewhere.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Title says it all. The food was excellently prepared and delivered. The ambiance was first rate and the feel cultivated by the proprietors fits both the style of food served as well as the location. May be the best restaurant I've been to in Nashville, not that I've been to them all, but really just blown away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/1/2014This was our fifth time at Husk. We were excited to get a reservation just before dining. The meal was a disappointment. The service was slow and aloof. The food was significantly too salty.Special Features:
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed a productive business lunch. Creative selection do sandwiches. Attentive service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OutstandingcarmicjaDined on 7/30/2014I truly think this is the first restaurant in Nashville that has reached the high level of food that typically you can only find in major cities like LA or NYC. Everything was simply perfect. Our server could not have been more attentive. This place is NOT to be missed. P.S. I also love the fact that everyone there seemed humble and happy to be there. Too many restaurants are coming to Nashville with staff that thinks we should be honored to simply walk in the door. OMG did I just say Holland House out loud?Special Features:
- Special night in NashvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/30/2014Great locale, cuisine and conversation. A memorable night.Special Features: