Husk - Nashville
37 Rutledge Street
Nashville, TN 37210Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Husk - Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.husknashville.com/
- Phone: 6152566565
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm-9:30pm; Friday and Saturday: 5:30pm-10:30pm
Lunch and Brunch beginning on June 3rd
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Sean Brock; Chef de Cuisine Morgan McGlone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Husk - Nashville
Husk is located in Rutledge Hill—just a few blocks south of Historic Broadway, in the heart of Downtown Nashville—is the newest outpost of the Neighborhood Dining Group and James Beard Award-winning Chef Sean Brock’s renowned restaurant, Husk. Led by Brock and Chef de Cuisine Morgan McGlone, the kitchen reinterprets the bounty of the surrounding area, exploring an ingredient-driven cuisine that begins in the rediscovery of heirloom products and redefines what it means to cook and eat in Nashville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Husk - Nashville - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Husk - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
534 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (422)special occasion (346)romantic (202)neighborhood gem (198)hot spot (140)notable wine list (135)great for lunch (122)great for brunch (120)scenic view (70)good for groups (56)great for outdoor dining (53)vibrant bar scene (36)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Both the food and service were impecable. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Loved it!LeLeDined on 8/6/2014We tried to get into the Husk in Charleston last year for my birthday, but they were totally booked during our entire stay. I was thrilled we were able to get a reservation at this Husk for this year's celebration! The food was amazing! Fresh, lots of local ingredients, and all prepared with an eye for detail and flavor! We shared the shrimp and grits for an appetizer and found it to be every bit as good as we've had in our favorite low country restaurants in Charleston. My fiancé had a pork dish he said was the best he's ever eaten and my red snapper was a thick, moist filet that would put many seafood restaurants to shame. The desserts were amazing, too! Highly recommend Husk, especially to foodies and those looking for a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experiencepublisher73Dined on 8/5/2014Husk, hands down, provided our best dining experience this year. Commendable service in a lovely setting. The menu, however, is out of this world. A terrific turn on farm-to-table, traditional Southern cuisine. Could not recommend this restaurant more.Special Features:
- extremely high-quality diningHighStandardsDined on 8/4/2014Food and beverages are of an extremely high standard, among the best in Nashville. one of several great restaurants for Southern-style haute cuisine in Nashville. Excellent service. Lots of meat but always something for vegetarians. However, if you don't eat pork or shellfish, pickins' are slim.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, Southern foodcscdineDined on 8/3/2014I wouldn't call Husk inventive or imaginative with their cooking, but the food flavours are clean-tasting and fresh and delicious. The local ingredients are given a nice chance to shine on their own, with little adornment. My friend and I had the fried chicken skins (seriously addictive), the wreckfish (a lovely summer dish), the chicken with grilled peaches and bean succotash, and the chocolate pudding with bourbon caramel for dessert. All very lovely, in a nice atmosphere with quiet but friendly service. Overall I wasn't completely wowed or anything, but Husk does southern cooking really well.Special Features:
- A MUSTFoodsnobDined on 8/3/2014I would visit Nashville just to dine at Husk. The food is fresh and inventive. Every meal is balanced and cooked perfectly.....You can not go wrong. The waiters are all very knowledgeable and attentive. I just can not say enough. I've been to Nashville twice and have eaten at Husk twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingtraveldinerVIPDined on 8/3/2014Husk was a recommendation from a local and it turned out to be one of the best meals I've had the pleasure eating, PERIOD ! I've eaten all over the world and this place hands down was the best. Will travel back to Nashville just to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They think of everythingOccasionaltreatDined on 8/3/2014Much thought has gone into food, service, presentation and ambience and it makes a difference in the overall experience.Special Features:
- Good Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Our dinner at Husk was mostly delicious; two out of three entrees were excellent, although the third was not good at all. The catfish was bland and the accoutrements bitter and oddly textured. The pork chop and roasted chicken were fantastic, though, as were the desserts: Crema coffee cake, chess pie, and lemon blueberry shortbread. The service, however was negligent and inattentive. We spent most of the meal with empty water glasses, and our server was very difficult to reach. Although we didn't have a terrible experience, with so many incredible dining options in Nashville, I would recommend that diners try their luck elsewhere.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Title says it all. The food was excellently prepared and delivered. The ambiance was first rate and the feel cultivated by the proprietors fits both the style of food served as well as the location. May be the best restaurant I've been to in Nashville, not that I've been to them all, but really just blown away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/1/2014This was our fifth time at Husk. We were excited to get a reservation just before dining. The meal was a disappointment. The service was slow and aloof. The food was significantly too salty.Special Features:
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed a productive business lunch. Creative selection do sandwiches. Attentive service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OutstandingcarmicjaDined on 7/30/2014I truly think this is the first restaurant in Nashville that has reached the high level of food that typically you can only find in major cities like LA or NYC. Everything was simply perfect. Our server could not have been more attentive. This place is NOT to be missed. P.S. I also love the fact that everyone there seemed humble and happy to be there. Too many restaurants are coming to Nashville with staff that thinks we should be honored to simply walk in the door. OMG did I just say Holland House out loud?Special Features:
- Special night in NashvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/30/2014Great locale, cuisine and conversation. A memorable night.Special Features:
- Best find in yearsBobO13Dined on 7/30/2014My wife and I make eating a hobby and have dined in some of the finest restaurants all over the world and Husk is one of our best finds in years. Certainly one of the best places in Nashville. Ironically, there is not a lot of hip about this place and it is outstanding. Unlike Rolf and Daughters that hipped to ceiling and difficult to get into--then what a let down--of all four dishes not one was any good and way too salty. If you have not been to Husk put it at the top of your to do list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverfoodloverDined on 7/29/2014Great food and service! The corncake and pimiento cheese appetizer was excellent, as well as the Wild Catfish and the Gullah Fish Head Stew with okra and Carolina Gold rice. The pork dish had a wonderful succotash with butter beans and fresh corn, and the corn tasted as if it had come right out of the garden! Then a great finish with the Buttermilk Chess pie garnished with grilled fresh peaches, peach sorbet, and fresh whipped cream.Special Features:
- DjriendeauOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014Service very good, nice bar, good bartender, place looks great. Pimento cheese ok at best, Catfish not good at all. Dessert a wast of time. Dry cake dot of lemon curd. Even to the point of chipped plates. Some one is not watching what is going to the tables.
- Awesome foodtrellDined on 7/28/2014Bartenders make excellent drinks. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth itdissatisfiedDined on 7/26/2014The taste wasn't that great and the entree pairing wasn't special. You can get local food that tastes better at better prices. It also wasn't well run, we had a long wait even though we had the earliest reservation that evening. The desert was good, but not enough to be worth going back.
- Megan GaryMeg2516Dined on 7/26/2014Very special. Beautiful updated historic home. Unique and creative menu. Delicious food. Attentive, knowledgable and professional Staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Favorite Restuarantdj123Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent everything! Food, ambience, service, ingredients......GREAT!Special Features:
- Nice food, Nice serviceCATDVIPDined on 7/25/2014Four of us were vacationing in Nashville for the weekend. This city has a burgeoning food scene not to be missed. We spent our second night having dinner at HUSK. Lots of great reviews so we were psyched. Maybe too many expectations. The restaurant is in an old house which has lots of interesting rooms on many floors. The kitchen is open and fun to see. Their bread rolls were amazing and so was the butter.. We started with appetizers (jonnie cakes, chicken skins, tartar) Nice but not exceptional. Followed with the chicken, fish head stew, pork chop and steak. Again, nice but not exceptional. Service was very accommodating, professional and caring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal in a great settingFrecklesDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I have dined at restaurants for 60 years , always looking for restaurants with good food and drinks , good service and a pleasant ambiance. We've found another one ...right here in Nashville, our home. We 'the glad Husk is here. We we'll eat there again and will recommend it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall really good!HappyFoodDined on 7/25/2014The food was excellent. I have missed that quality since being there and will most definitely return. It was exceptional. The staff was attentive and offered great service. The dining area was very attractive. However, I was celebrating with a friend and we both had a little issue with hearing and two tables nearby were talkative people with loud laughter and the room's acoustics caused the sharp bursts of laughter to be a bit painful. The next time we may ask for another table location should that happen again. But overall the food experience and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014My husband and I went to Husk for a date night and weren't disappointed in the least. Our server was knowledgeable and helpful, and the food was delicious. We would absolutely go again, but it is a big pricey, so we won't be going frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!Westfall120Dined on 7/22/2014I wanted to try Husk in Charleston but could not get a reservation. My husband & I were so excited to see it open up in Nashville. We had very high expectations & Husk met every expectation we had plus exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to reputationThatbirdmanDined on 7/22/2014Seemingly simple food that is anything but. Wonderful locally sourced ingredients shine with impeccable execution. Wait staff was very knowledgable and friendly and made you feel at home. I loved how the old building and modern decor fit with the heirloom ingredients and modern preparations of the food. It's refreshing to enjoy an experience as well thought out as the one at Husk. I've had more 'exotic' meals, but none more well executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried Chicken for lunchbunkyVIPDined on 7/22/2014We went this past Tuesday to have the famous Hot Fried Chicken. It was very good. It was accompanied by mashed potatoes and green beans. The beans needed a bit more flavor, but overall, lunch was great. It's a beautiful restaurant. The last time we went we sat at the bar for dinner and it was outstanding. It was nice to see at lunch, several tables had young children...so they are obviously kid friendly during the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great luncheonnarddawgDined on 7/22/2014We went for lunch and it was very affordable and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried Chicken too spicyEdnchinaDined on 7/22/2014A big fan of Husk! This was my second time to eat there. My wife and I had lunch. At the waiter's suggestion my wife had the fried chicken. BAD Choice! It was too spicy to eat. We noticed several folks around us putting the chicken aside and ordering something else. The servers should give a warning about the heat! However, everything else was great! Will definitely go back. Southern food at its finest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trininashDined on 7/22/2014We had a party of four and everyone enjoyed their meal and ambience very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Savory Southern GemHeinz57Dined on 7/21/2014Husk is a lovely restaurant with a menu that includes several traditional southern dishes with unique flavor infusions. I suggest ordering multiple appetizers and entrees that can be sampled by everyone at your table, as there are several dishes that everyone should taste - such as the Shrimp and Grits. It's perfect for a girls night out or a relaxing date night. It's a great addition to the Nashville restaurant scene!Special Features:
- Talented chef!JohnsonPartyofTwoDined on 7/20/2014First visit to Husk-Nashville (dined at Charleston before) and it did not disappoint. The entrees were outstanding (pork feature and southern veggie plate). The drinks were very good, as well, and they have an extensive liquor list. The chicken wings we got as an appetizer were average but dinner made up for it. The wait staff is excellent and trained very well. They really know all about the cuisine and drinks they offer. It's fairly expensive so we reserve it for special occasions. I would be hesitant to bring children to eat here. The cuisine is very mature and the ambiance is calm and quite.Special Features:
- Good but was expecting bettereatingoutDined on 7/19/2014I expected a little more for the price. Food was good but again for the reputation expected a little more. The burger was good but didn't have a wow factor. We went at lunch and for a drink, 1 dessert and 2 moderately priced meals spent close to $100. I don't mind spending if you feel like you got really good different food. Maybe I just expected more. Service was great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivineMatzDined on 7/17/2014Sean Brock has brought outstanding dining to Nashville in a way that no other restaurants have. His ingredients are fresh, his cooking style is clean and unpretentious, and his attention to detail is second to none. The service is impeccable and the atmosphere is relaxing. I would recommend this establishment to anyone who wants a taste of heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CreativeeatalyVIPDined on 7/17/2014Enjoyed a good dinner. We were seated upstairs but if I went again I'd request downstairs which looked livelier and had nice view of the kitchen garden. My only disappointments were the dreary dried flowers on the table and the heavily chipped pottery that was used. It degraded the presentation of the creative food a bit for me. Overall though it was super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotLindenMartinDined on 7/16/2014Had the grilled pimiento cheese sandwich. It was delicious, and some of the best pimiento cheese that I've had.Special Features:
- Great for a DatePK2013Dined on 7/15/2014Husk is the ideal spot for any special occasion. The service is friendly and knowledgeable, the atmosphere is great, and the food is fantastic. Easily one of the best spots to eat in Nashville or any other town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have to eat here!MissBDined on 7/13/2014All I have to say is chicken skin... Yup- no pesky chicken to get in the way- just deliciously fried and seasoned chicken skin.... Everything was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Superb setting. We loved the historical setting, the appropriate additions, the garden! The food was delicious. Waiter was so so but overall a fabulous dining experience.Special Features: