Husk - Nashville
37 Rutledge Street
Nashville, TN 37210Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Husk - Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.husknashville.com/
- Phone: 6152566565
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm-9:30pm; Friday and Saturday: 5:30pm-10:30pm
Lunch and Brunch beginning on June 3rd
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Sean Brock; Chef de Cuisine Morgan McGlone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Husk - Nashville
Husk is located in Rutledge Hill—just a few blocks south of Historic Broadway, in the heart of Downtown Nashville—is the newest outpost of the Neighborhood Dining Group and James Beard Award-winning Chef Sean Brock’s renowned restaurant, Husk. Led by Brock and Chef de Cuisine Morgan McGlone, the kitchen reinterprets the bounty of the surrounding area, exploring an ingredient-driven cuisine that begins in the rediscovery of heirloom products and redefines what it means to cook and eat in Nashville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Husk - Nashville - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Husk - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
532 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (422)special occasion (345)romantic (204)neighborhood gem (196)hot spot (139)notable wine list (135)great for lunch (121)great for brunch (120)scenic view (70)good for groups (57)great for outdoor dining (52)vibrant bar scene (36)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Husk-great foodbarbyDined on 6/16/2013The food is excellent and price reasonable. I would highly recommend. We plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it! I've been to HuskOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013Loved it! I've been to Husk Charleston, and the Nashville version definitely did not disappoint. I will be back! Love the atmosphere and layout of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeJb34Dined on 6/15/2013First time to go to husk. Had reservations for 8:45 got seated at 9:30. Went to the bar and they have a great selections. Food was great but our server still had not hit her stride. Trouble with the menu and was slow with drinks. Even ordered a bar drink and never got it. But the place is fantastic. Service will improve with time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers and desserts standOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2013Appetizers and desserts stand out...noise level is very loud...other kinks will be solved with time...great for newly opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experiences at huskOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2013excellent food served promptly at reasonable price. lovely restaurant. excellent staff and waiters. weekend brunch is very good. the dinner is excellentSpecial Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2013This was my 2nd visit to Husk Nashville and although I will return, the noise level on Saturday was not acceptable. Our server was hesitant to omit the bun and cheese from the Husk Hamburger but agreed to ask that this be done. It was but enthusiasm to do this would have been appreciated. We made sure the other orders did not require an omission. We thoroughly enjoyed touring the gardens and were able to chat with one of the chefs briefly. We will return but not for brunch.Special Features:
- Delightful brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013This is my second visit to Husk and I loved the brunch menu. Two suggestions: those ASTOUNDING soft rolls should have been served with some local honey or preserves at that hour. And, at one point, the music became very loud, way too loud for 10:30 in the morning. Otherwise, a great meal from country ham to Monte Cristo sandwich and shrimp and grits to lemon dessert. I love the handmade plates and mugs and wooden serving trays. Exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2013Must try the fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese and an order of the chicken skins! The buttermilk pie is really good!Special Features:
- Fab all roundCh922455VIPDined on 6/14/2013We went to Husk for a late lunch one Friday. First visit. Food was delicious (finally a restarabt in Nashville that knows how to serve pork belly). Service great. Good selection of local beer in tap (most estaurabts just do bottles) and in bottle. We'll be back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Definite "Repeat"TrishDined on 6/14/2013The style of the restaurant is so appealing. Some very nice local artwork. The downstairs area is great with spacious windows and a view of the local garden full of herbs, greens and vegetables. But, most spectacular was the food itself. Shrimp and Grits is a must try! Best ever and I have been to many restaurants in Charleston (not the sister Husk) and New Orleans. Service was great as well. It was obvious that they are pacing themselves with menu and service so as not to disappoint. A wise move for longevity success.Special Features:
- Must Try!VColeDined on 6/13/2013Absolutely wonderful! If you are lucky enough to have Matt as your server your night is promised to be educational and fun! The building was a refreshing look from the normal Nashville establishments and the food was exceptional. Definitely 5 star!Special Features:
- The food was fabulous! AllMarcoX2Dined on 6/13/2013The food was fabulous! All local or based out of the South. Smaller portions, but we were stuffed by the time we left! Nice twist on familiar and unfamiliar flavors. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about the daily menu. He and the assistant were both promptly attentive to our needs. The price at dinner was a wee bit steep, but the lunch prices are much more reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and approachableHBrandt2Dined on 6/13/2013I love the uniqueness of the food. The restaurant personality could be pretentious and snobby but isn't. Which is why I'll return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2013Husk has truly outdone itself with their new sister restaurant opening. A slightly different approach, but still the same great southern vibe. I recommend going outside of your comfort zone and trying some of their really unique dishes; it's more than with the try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a lovely experience.KEE22Dined on 6/12/2013Overall a lovely experience. Our server, Trish (highly recommend her), never gave us the feeling of being rushed or too busy to go over the menu. She was pleasant and answered all of our questions, which there were many. The food was wonderful. Really enjoyed having the option of doing several firsts or just an entree or all of the above. The ember-roasted beets with the lamb quarter was amazing, as well as the chicken wings! As an entree we shared the grouper. cooked perfectly. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond ExpectationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2013After much anticipation for the opening of this restaurant, I dined at Husk for lunch 3 weeks after they opened. The space is amazing - lively, elegant and impressive. Our food was nothing less than stellar and my dining companion and I both cleaned our plates, which is rare. On this particular day we enjoyed the grouper, Benton's ham & rolls and the shrimp & grits. Our server was knowledgeable and helpful and never rushed us even though our reservation was close to the of their lunch hours. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch onlyNshvllDinerDined on 6/12/2013Everything on the lunch menu sounded great. I have had the catfish BLT and the cheese burger now. The BLT was pretty good. It was oddly refreshing on a hot day, not too heavy and a very nice lunch portion. It fell apart whole I was eating it but it was still good. The cheeseburger was just ok. It was not remarkable or memorable to me which is odd because they claim it is their signature lunch entree'. The wait staff is excellent despite being a little pretentious. One of the hostesses is down right rude and acts like you should thank her for eating there. Also reservations for lunch seem like a bit much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ACCDPnutDined on 6/11/2013The food and service were fantastic both times I've been. Best pork chop in town. Can't wait to go back once this place hits its stride. Despite having an exceptional meal with prompt, professional and personal service, all we talked about after the meal is how freezing it was throughout the entire experience. Our table was one of every other one that was on top of an ac vent which considering the obvious thought that went into the appealing layout seems to be a major design flaw. I get that it's 90 outside and the room is full and it's an open kitchen and the staff is bustling but it made our meal almost unbearable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was not great toowilsontdDined on 6/11/2013The food was not great too much "pickled juice" which was not noted on menu for fried green tomatoes and the topping on the steak. Not Good would not go back there.
- Outstanding, and ascendantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2013We sat downstairs near the window that looks out on the gardens. The service was very good, but a little obvious. The food was excellent, and I had the feeling that it will get better - that they're only getting started. My wife had the bone marrow, and the beef special. I had the oysters for starters and the chicken. It's hard to cook chicken that makes me say 'Wow', but ... 'Wow'. Charred, moist, and delicious. We shared a bottle of Bethel Heights 2009 Pinot Noir, which is a little sweeter than the 2010, but just right for our dinner. The menu changes frequently, so there's no need to go into great detail other than to say, save your money and go have a lovely dinner. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All that we expected!rbord98765Dined on 6/10/2013Upon arrival, the hostess, the seater, and the server wished us Happy Anniversary, the fact of which was printed on our individual menus. Our server was very knowledgeable about and helpful with food suggestions. We had three appetizers which were excellent, but particularly outstanding was the fried-green tomato and pimento cheese. For "supper" we had the grouper (which my wife proclaimed the best she has ever had) and the pork, which was a thick-cut, bone-in chop on this night. Dessert was an excellent buttermilk pie. The setting is beautiful and the house restoration is exquisite. Our dining room looked out over the "edible" garden, and the view from the top of the hill is impressive. Nashville has a real first-class gem in Husk!Special Features:
- FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/10/2013Had lunch at Husk yesterday and we enjoyed the experience so much that I have made brunch reservations for Saturday. The food was NOT like something I would be able to cook at home and I consider myself a good cook. Such a friendly staff and such impressive food. Love the variety of the menu! It is so nice to have a restaurant to suggest that everyone will love.Special Features:
- Lives up to the hypeQuintinVIPDined on 6/10/2013Chef Sean Brock delivers again. With that is one of the most hyped restaurants to open, Husk Nashville delivered on every level. The true farm to table nose to tail dining experience is exciting on every level. Great cocktails. Great bourbon list. Great small plates to share. Great entrees. The catfish with cornmeal tomato gravy was one of the best things I have ever tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!AdamAnytimeDined on 6/9/2013Food was amazing and the service was the best we had our entire trip. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone who visits Nashville. Truly a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!NeighborVIPDined on 6/8/2013I loved this place! The entire experience was enjoyable, well paced and something I can't wait to experience again. Go try this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/8/2013Food, service and drinks were all great. The kitchen was willing to work with my dietary restrictions even on a Saturday night. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HUSK OVERRATED!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2013Beautiful restaurant.Service was very good.Food fair at best.Steak was ok I could name a lot of places better.Chicken was fair. $10 beer was $12.45 at bar.I guess my expectations were too high.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2013We were only able to get reservations at 9:15 PM, but everything was still excellent. Showed up early to hang out at the bar. Enjoyed a fantastic cocktail, and despite the crowd, the bartender was still pleasant and happy to share her recommendations for other local places to check out (we were visiting from Chicago). Our server, Trish, was nice, fun and pleasant despite the late hour. She also provided knowledgeable and delicious recommendations. We had a great time, and loved the local touches not only in the food, but in the plates, cups and artwork as well! Oh, and we really enjoyed the music, too!Special Features:
- Excellent. We had the catfishOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/7/2013Excellent. We had the catfish and the grouper. The grouper was good but not as memorable as the catfish which was outstanding. Great wine list but need to add a malbec.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not great?NateVIPDined on 6/7/2013The buildup and anticipation may have been overwhelming such that a letdown was inevitable, but we found it less than stellar. First, we were seated at a two-top in the front dining room that was crammed up next to a corner and fireplace. Fortunately my wife and I are somewhat small/thin, or we wouldn't have been able to fit. No room for movement at all. Very cramped and uncomfortable. Next, the rolls that came out first were salt licks. Inedible, and I'm a fan of salt! The appetizers were good (ham & rolls, smoked chicken wings). The entrees were just so-so, not anything worth returning for at all. She had grouper which was fishy smelling, I had the pork dish which was just ok. Desserts were way too sweet. Hoping for improvement soon!Special Features:
- Wow!CplaysDined on 6/7/2013Unbelievably great food. One of th best of the best that we've tried. Be prepared to spend money but SO worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came for an early lunchDaleDined on 6/7/2013We came for an early lunch at 11:40 so it wasn't very busy at that time so I can't comment on the noise level. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2013I had recently eaten at Husk in Charleston, and I was so excited about having it in my hometown. I went for lunch on my birthday, and it was more incredible than I had hoped! The cocktails were delicious, and the catfish BLT and the cheeseburger were scrumptious. Thanks for a bday meal I will not soon forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too soonDeeBeeDined on 6/6/2013My husband and I have decided to give Husk another try in a few months when they've worked out the kinks. Our drinks were good, he had a gin-based cocktail and I had an old fashioned. The rolls they served were amazing. The Benton's ham appetizer was excellent and the bone marrow appetizer was lovely to look at, both came to the table quickly. We ordered the grouper and the pork belly and shoulder. The grouper dish had an overwhelming bitter mustard taste and the pork shoulder had a lot of fat with not a lot of taste, did not come to the table quickly but we were in no hurry. Did not try dessert, too unhappy with entrees. Was expecting McCrady's but did not come close.
- The newest Husk is gettingTUTTLEDined on 6/5/2013The newest Husk is getting a lot of local buzz and was just a mile from our downtown hotel in a charming restored home. We had to settle for a late reservation, but it was worth the wait. Enjoyed the downstairs bar with a huge selection and creative cocktail list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the hype!BooneyDined on 6/5/2013The food was spectacular. It was by far the best pork chop I have ever had. We tried six appetizers and they were all awesome. Our waitress, Trish, was great. She was extremely knowledgeable on the food and where the food was from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices were expensive, evenHungryJackDined on 6/5/2013Prices were expensive, even given the expectation of high prices. Food portions were not as extravagant as the prices, hence making the disparity even more striking. The food was delicious, if not all that inventive.Special Features:
- Great food and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2013Everything was better than expected. Strongly recommend that you get the hot chicken skins. Drinks, food, service and ambiance was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brentwood ResidentKatiefromFranklinDined on 6/5/2013Great food served in a beautiful setting. Looking forward to dining on one of their outdoor Terraces. Wonderful eclectic ambiance surrounds you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique culinary experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/4/2013We had a great visit once the restaurant opened. We were from out of town (EST) and were told the bar would be open at 4 pm. Unfortunately it didn't open till 5:30. But we soon found out that this was basically their first week of operation so they were still working things out. Once we got in everything was great. Food was amazing. Loved the shrimp and grits as well as the cured ham appetizer. Want to try more of the of the unique combinations of flavors. We loved the board as you enter the restaurant that listed all of the food resources. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.