Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport
29 Dock Square
Kennebunkport, ME 04046Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hurricanerestaurant.com/home.html
- Phone: 2079679111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 7 days a week -11:30 am - 3:30 pm
Dinner: 7 days a week - 5 pm to 10:30 pm
Bar Menu served - 11:30 am - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brooks MacDonald
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport
Sitting over the Kennebunk River in the Kennebunkport neighborhood of Dock Square. Hurricane Restaurant offers the freshest local seafood,locally grown produce and the finest of prime meats available in the market daily. Our Chef and Pastry Chef write our menus each day based on what is the freshest and finest product. Our wine list offers over 130 plus selections by the bottle with almost 60 available by the glass and has won Wine Spectator awards for over 15 years in a row. Our service is casual with our priorities being complete guest satisfaction. Please join us soon to enjoy our wonderful food and beverages and well as our spectacular water views.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport - Best Restaurants in Kennebunkport ›
Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (59)special occasion (38)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (31)romantic (21)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (16)hot spot (15)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Old meets NewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was exceptional- well prepared and great presentation. Portions were respectfully large without being overwhelming. Service was courteous and helpful. We had a window seat overlooking the river. Unfortunately, the air conditioning was blowing on our heads so I recommend central air if possible. The raspberry bread pudding was to die for!Special Features:
- Great Night in K PortOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Great dinner at Hurricane. The fish special was well prepared as well as the veal chop. Great location for a special dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as alwaysLocalResidentVIPDined on 8/23/2014Our reviews are consistent....this is a terrific restaurant with a great staff and wonderful menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kennebunk VacamartypDined on 8/21/2014Booked the Hurricane from the recommendations on line. Was not disappointed. Staff was extremely friendly. Food was way above average, almost White Barn quality but half as expensive. Drinks where expensive 4 cocktails for $45 but were of high quality and delicious. Dessert "blueberry pie ala mode" was exceptional. We had fish and meat and both where well prepared with just the right amount of interesting spices. Definite return visit anytime that we are in the area with time. This is a no rush two hour dining experience so if your in a hurry eat in the bar.Special Features:
- Great menu of seafoodsSylofQCDined on 8/21/2014We visit Southern Maine once a year and we discovered the Hurricane a couple of years ago. We make it a date to come visit them during our vacations. Seafoods were fresh (we had the Nova Scotia scallops and the Mediterranean Lobster stew) and prepared originally. The service was excellent with a few quirk : we had to ask for additional glasses for sparkling water and the waiter forgot to bring the herb tea my wife asked for. The wine list is good and you can find reasonably priced ones as well as more elaborate and more expansive ones. My wife likes drinking rosé (blush) and they only have very sweety ones (such as Zinfandel); a nice improvement would be to have a couple of French or Italian rosé to the list.Special Features:
- Oh what a night!EileenEDined on 8/18/2014We had a great time at Hurricane's. The staff,particularly the bartenders,are amazing...friendly but not intrusive.it is a great place for conversation. We ran into someone at the bar who we hadn't seen for years(lives in a different state),and amazingly through the course of conversation realized we knew each other.That conversation was the stepping stone for a whole bar full of friendly folks joining in.If it hadn't been such a relaxed and friendly place we may never have spoken to the people sitting around us-and missed out on such an important reunion.It became a spirited and fun reunion.Special Features:
- Liked HurricaneHappytoreviewVIPDined on 8/18/2014This proved to be our favorite restaurant in Kennebunkport. The food was very good - we each had salad (one ceasar and one iceberg wedge), followed by pork chop for me and vegetarian pasta for my husband. Both were excellent. The waitress was very attentive, the location is wonderful especially if you get a table by the window which overlook the river. A wonderful view. And most importantly, the food was very tasty.Special Features:
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014This is a great restaurant. The Hurricanes Garlic Shrimp is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulLocalResidentVIPDined on 8/15/2014I say the same thing each time we dine here and share our thoughts on Open Table. Wonderful carefully prepared food. Excellent service. Willing to accommodate special dietary requests. Our only compliant is that they close for part of the winter and we miss them terribly during that time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good view, good lobster rollEaterVIPDined on 8/14/2014The view of the town and the river is lovely. Our waitress was friendly and eager to please. The lobster roll, though a bit salty for my taste, was filled with fresh lobster. The sweet potato fries were awesome.Special Features:
- Toujours délicieux!DaniliseDined on 8/12/2014Le mediterranean Seafood stew vaut le détour. Il est généreux en fruits de mer et délicat.Special Features:
- FavoriteCTyankeeDined on 8/8/2014Best in Kennebunkport by far! Seafood stew and Baked stuff lobster wonderful. Make a reservation well ahead - it's busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerweluvseafoodDined on 8/5/2014I selected the Hurricane based on a prior experience with a business client. this time it was for our 37th wedding anniversary. I placed the reservation online and asked for river view seating, which we got and enjoyed a sunset and saw the tide turn. We both love seafood. We shared some oysters. She had the seafood stew, I had the roasted garlic shrimp. All was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lobster Ever!kantroVIPDined on 8/4/2014We had a 7:30 reservation and although the place was totally packed we were seating w/in 5 mins. Service was excellent. The wait staff was very attentive, refilling water, drinks etc. I had a whole lobster; was delicious!! Husband had tenderloin, done exactly as asked and was excellent. The is located right in town. We had a relaxing dinner, we were not rushed and was most enjoyable.Special Features:
- Fine dining in the heart of KAcrossAmericaVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great dining in the heart of Kennebunkport. Great service and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining experienceMartine4reviewsDined on 8/3/2014The restaurant fills to capacity by 6pm. Would strongly recommend a reservation. We were lucky and had an excellent table with a view. Menu is varied but not too lengthy. Good wine selection. Seafood well prepared, lobster chowder best I had in the area. Service was prompt and efficient. Overall good dining experience. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than what I hoped forLoveygourmetDined on 8/1/2014Great cocktails, nice selection of wines and by the glass, too. Lots of choices for appetizers--the 1/2 oysters Rockefeller, 1/2 clams casino great. Warm bread served. Huge veal chop grilled to perfection and tender. Roast rack of lamb also as requested. Wines poured by the glass were plentiful. Blueberry pie is in a small crock with homemade crust and the lovely small Maine blueberries--not lots of filler and topped with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Great service without being intrusive. Really, a wonderful dinner overall. Will definitely go back when we return to Kennebunk. Dine here--you'll be happy you did.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatLocalResidentVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food is always well prepared and attractively presented. We appreciate their willingness to make substitutions based on dietary needs...many places will not do this but Hurricane does it without a question. The staff is knowledgeable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatRichmondDiner19Dined on 8/1/2014Went there this past Friday and the front was a bustling bar and sitting area. Bartender seemed to know several groups by name so figured that was good indicator that the locals liked the spot. From there the rest of the evening was a bit disappointing. Lobster Chowder was best thing we had: large portion but served luke warm. I had the Seafood Stew and was obvious that it was reheated: one scallop, three shrimp and mussels that were all rubbery and overcooked. Flavor was good but for the price it was nothing special. Wife's Salmon was well prepared but pretty basic. Worst was being seated 6 feet from the parking lot door. This should NOT be a table. Overall an average meal for above average price.
- Excellent meal...great experienceRichDined on 7/25/2014If you're seeking a special night out, go to Hurricane. The food was great and the service was friendly. You can make a fantastic meal out of their "small plates" if you're looking to try a lot of different things late night as we were. Their entrees offered plenty of variety as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the menu choicesrindaDined on 7/20/2014We dine at this Hurricanes every time we come to KBP. The 3 course $30 menu is the best value. Consistently delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!DebRDined on 7/19/2014We made reservations for a Saturday evening dinner (pre-show). We were seated promptly. There was an extensive wine list and an additional cocktail menu. Service was great. We were not rushed. The menu was varied--seafood, meat, and pasta--something for everyone. There was also a prix fixe menu with lots of difficult choices and well worth the money! My husband ordered one of the daily specials off the regular menu. I ordered off the prix fixe menu. Portion sizes were good. Enough to savor again the following day. The food was delicious. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Our honeymoon.ScGeoffDined on 7/18/2014We went out to hurricane for a nice dinner during our honeymoon trip to kennebunkport. I was glad to see they had lamb. The food was very good. Bread wa served with no butter. Overall a good dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great, from the moment we walked inSusanFromMassDined on 7/17/2014We had an 8:30 dinner reservations and got there a bit early, after browsing through the shops in Dock Square. We were greeting by an awesome hostess who promptly found us a seat to have a drink while we waited for our table. It was ready before our drinks arrived and we were seated at a beautiful corner, window table - beautiful views of the river! Our server was great, our food was delicious (swordfish, baked stuffed lobster) and the Key Lime Pie (with blueberries!) was the best KLP I have ever had! All in all, a wonderful experience and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the sameMainetravel14Dined on 7/14/2014As a frequent visitor to Hurricane restaurant over the last ten years or so, I can say that I've noticed a decline in the food . The raviolis of late were very undercooked in a thin cream sauce without much flavor. The service staff was average in terms of being attentive. It seems that the restaurant is attracting infants and small children. These children are usually noisy and distracting. It isn't what one would expect at Hurricane. The views from the restaurant are still wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/11/2014Seven years ago we stayed in Kennebunkport and ate at the Hurricane. We remembered the Hurricane from that visit and so we again dine at the Hurricane. The food, service, and scenic view were what we remembered -- outstanding on all counts. Thanks Hurricane staff for an outstanding meal and service.Special Features:
- Just AverageMacAtlantaVIPDined on 7/7/2014The food was pretty good, although not consistent. The French Onion Soup was outstanding, with a delightful puffed pastry. Wedge Salad was very nicely done with cranberries. The PEI Mussels were the smallest ones I have seen in some time. Big issue was the service. Really poor and no kind of explanation from our server about why or acknowledgement on her part. Also, I had to move my chair at the table as the AC unit on the wall was blowing directly on top of me. Not sure I would go back.Special Features:
- Hurricane restaurant reviewOccasionalTravelerDined on 7/6/2014We were seated right away and given a nice corner table overlooking the port. The glare from the sun was the only downside. I had a price fix menu of salmon with ravioli as an appetizer and crime brulee. Flavors combined very well and all were wonderful. Great wine list as well. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best spot in kportkegaDined on 7/4/2014great service, great location, great food the mussels are the best super mojitosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvzeatatHurricanesDined on 7/2/2014Superb food, wait staff, and local color.Always a pleasant surprise. Have driven More than 2.5 hours on occassion just to enjoy ourselves.Special Features:
- Good but not greatFoodieVIPDined on 7/1/2014The Hurricane has lost some of its luster in recent years. The food was good but but not memorable. Pur waitress was pleasant but the service was a bit slow. We dined at a tourist restaurant during high season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryDined on 6/30/2014Every thing was perfect for our Luncheon visit with friends.Special Features:
- Ok but not greatDinerDined on 6/28/2014The food was good but the service was lacking a bit. The waitress never introduced herself from the beginning and we felt a bit like we were being ignored.Special Features:
- Reliably excellentfrequentdinerDined on 6/27/2014Have dined here a number of times and the food is always very good, and service as well. Particular standouts - lobster chowder, sausage and kale soup, rack of lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2014Enjoyed the food and the view. The service was great. We will be back.Special Features:
- A fine restaurantopentblgalDined on 6/20/2014What a lovely spot the Hurricane Restaurant is! The dining room has scenic views of the water. We sat in a cozy booth and the four of us enjoyed their outstanding Maine Lobster Chowder, swordfish, shrimp cocktail, wedge salad, smoked mozzarella ravioli. Everything was top notch and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceGGCCDined on 6/14/2014Great food, wine list and experience. Our waiter was great and helped me with gluten-free dining. The lamb chops and lobster were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencejmwh7Dined on 5/25/2014My wife and I had an anniversary dinner last Sunday evening at the Hurricane. The great reviews that the restaurant receives are truly justified. We started our meal with wine from a very good and reasonably priced wine list. My wife had the the lobster bisque which she said was the best she has tasted. I had the onion soup which was outstanding. For our entrees she selected the halibut and I selected the beef tenderloin. Both meals were perfectly prepared and presented. We were totally satisfied with our meals. I would highly recommend the Hurricane.Special Features:
- The following 240 reviews are from the Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport reviews archive.
- great dinner and viewmainediner6VIPDined on 5/14/2014Had a wonderful mid-week dinner at Hurricane, it was our first time trying this restaurant. Not a single item served was a disappointment. the clams casino and oyster rockefeller combo was perfectfully prepared and flavorful, and the rack of lamb and tenderloin dishes were perfectly cooked and incredibly tender. The chocolate mousse was one of the best desserts we have had in recent memory, the vanilla creme brulle was good, but could have used a little bit more of a vanilla flavor. Only complaint, and it is a minor one, is that the tables along the windows are much to close together for comfort. server was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Newly reopened for the seasonLocalResidentVIPDined on 5/3/2014Great food and service. We missed them during the winter. It is a sure sign of Spring. Consistently excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.