Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport
29 Dock Square
Kennebunkport, ME 04046Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hurricanerestaurant.com/home.html
- Phone: 2079679111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 7 days a week -11:30 am - 3:30 pm
Dinner: 7 days a week - 5 pm to 10:30 pm
Bar Menu served - 11:30 am - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brooks MacDonald
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport
Sitting over the Kennebunk River in the Kennebunkport neighborhood of Dock Square. Hurricane Restaurant offers the freshest local seafood,locally grown produce and the finest of prime meats available in the market daily. Our Chef and Pastry Chef write our menus each day based on what is the freshest and finest product. Our wine list offers over 130 plus selections by the bottle with almost 60 available by the glass and has won Wine Spectator awards for over 15 years in a row. Our service is casual with our priorities being complete guest satisfaction. Please join us soon to enjoy our wonderful food and beverages and well as our spectacular water views.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (68)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (40)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (25)notable wine list (19)hot spot (19)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great value,lovely,elegant settingPsdlnVIPDined on 9/27/2014Very pleasant experience. Prix fixe dining option was a great value. Dishes are delicious, generous and stress fresh accompaniments. Hearty, calorie busting desserts come with the turf. The chef has a heavy hand with salt and we felt less would have been more. Even so, this is recommended dining choice for Kennebunkport.
- FabulousWcityDined on 9/25/2014We were seated at a nice window table just in time to catch the sun setting over the water. It was beautiful. The waiter was exceptionally good without being bothersome. The special martini was excellent. The food was excellent. The grilled swordfish was very good, although I thought it wasn't as flavorful as some that I've had. The creme brulee was excellent although the sugar top was a little too thick and hard. Overall I would say my husband and I loved the whole experience and would return for another dining experience.Special Features:
- Great restaurantNocooknightDined on 9/25/2014Very happy with our dinner here. Great views, great service, food was excellent and menu choices were enough that we know we need to come back and try something else. Good value for the $$$. Squash soup was excellent, orzo squash side very good as well. Hubby had lobster fettaccine and that was very good as well. Key lime pie yummy, apple dumpling dessert was the only disappointment. I think it was microwaved to heat it and the stuffing was dry and the pastry a bit chewy. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- beachDined on 9/20/2014The service was excellent! The food was just okay. For the price, I don't think it was worth it. My husband ordered the filet and it was so salty I begged him to return it, but he continued to eat it. The portion size was small and he was hungry. I ordered the ravioli dish on the menu. It was good, but nothing I would order again. Our favorite was the chicken satay in peanut sauce. If I were to come back, I would order this as my meal, and this was only an appetizer! This place has a great ambience and awesome view. A nice romantic quiet spot, but the food was just so so. We were disppointed but still tipped good because our waitress was great!Special Features:
- Never disappointedlovenycDined on 9/19/2014Another lovely time at hurricane Lively. Delicious,friendly and comfortable,great staff and a place we look forward to on visits to MaineSpecial Features:
- Halibut4meDined on 9/19/2014Very pleased with the whole experience. Table was ready upon arrival and the server was very attentive.Special Features:
- Jem by the three boatsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014The only thing that would make this place even better would be free parking. Kennebunkport is a hard place to find parking, but Hurricane is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No value for your moneyLoveEatingOutDined on 9/13/2014We had made reservation for our friend's 50th birthday - We had high expectations and were extremely disappointed. It is very overpriced for what you get. There are so many good seafood restaurants in the area that give you a lot more for your money. It is beautiful and the ambiance is very nice but honestly not worth the money. Our server - when she decided to grace our table - was also not terrific. We ordered a birthday cake for our friend - She literally put it on the table - we started to sing happy birthday and she just turned and walked away. Portions extremely small - you almost have to get the 10 salad before hand to be full. Would not go again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Excellent service and food was very good-recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise menuSwitchedmenuDined on 9/7/2014We were quite surprised to be given a brunch menu for a 2PM luncheon reservation. It was completely different from the sample suggestions on the web site luncheon menu. While the food was fine the lack of variety was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- efburkejrVIPDined on 9/6/2014The rack of lamb, which I have had twice now, is spectacular. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- JosiebeachDined on 9/5/2014Very nice they gave us a great table w lovely view of water as I requested on Opentable for our anniversary. White table clothes, good food and wine, energetic atmosphere without being too loud. I would recommend and return.Special Features:
- Great food and friendly serviceFineFoodAppreciatedDined on 9/1/2014Our first time and we are looking forward to going back. It certainly lives up to its reputation. The food is delicious and beautifully prepared. The drinks were very good too. The desserts were elegantly presented and tasted great. Worth a trip from Portland any time of year; the chef and crew really know what they're doing. Great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, lacking qualityBrneyedgrl0006Dined on 9/1/2014I was highly disappointed in the quality of food, ambiance, noise level of this restaurant. My husband and I had frequented the Hurricane in Ogunquit and expected the same excellent, innovative eating experience. We will not be returning
- Old meets NewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was exceptional- well prepared and great presentation. Portions were respectfully large without being overwhelming. Service was courteous and helpful. We had a window seat overlooking the river. Unfortunately, the air conditioning was blowing on our heads so I recommend central air if possible. The raspberry bread pudding was to die for!Special Features:
- Great Night in K PortOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Great dinner at Hurricane. The fish special was well prepared as well as the veal chop. Great location for a special dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as alwaysLocalResidentVIPDined on 8/23/2014Our reviews are consistent....this is a terrific restaurant with a great staff and wonderful menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kennebunk VacamartypDined on 8/21/2014Booked the Hurricane from the recommendations on line. Was not disappointed. Staff was extremely friendly. Food was way above average, almost White Barn quality but half as expensive. Drinks where expensive 4 cocktails for $45 but were of high quality and delicious. Dessert "blueberry pie ala mode" was exceptional. We had fish and meat and both where well prepared with just the right amount of interesting spices. Definite return visit anytime that we are in the area with time. This is a no rush two hour dining experience so if your in a hurry eat in the bar.Special Features:
- Great menu of seafoodsSylofQCDined on 8/21/2014We visit Southern Maine once a year and we discovered the Hurricane a couple of years ago. We make it a date to come visit them during our vacations. Seafoods were fresh (we had the Nova Scotia scallops and the Mediterranean Lobster stew) and prepared originally. The service was excellent with a few quirk : we had to ask for additional glasses for sparkling water and the waiter forgot to bring the herb tea my wife asked for. The wine list is good and you can find reasonably priced ones as well as more elaborate and more expansive ones. My wife likes drinking rosé (blush) and they only have very sweety ones (such as Zinfandel); a nice improvement would be to have a couple of French or Italian rosé to the list.Special Features:
- Oh what a night!EileenEVIPDined on 8/18/2014We had a great time at Hurricane's. The staff,particularly the bartenders,are amazing...friendly but not intrusive.it is a great place for conversation. We ran into someone at the bar who we hadn't seen for years(lives in a different state),and amazingly through the course of conversation realized we knew each other.That conversation was the stepping stone for a whole bar full of friendly folks joining in.If it hadn't been such a relaxed and friendly place we may never have spoken to the people sitting around us-and missed out on such an important reunion.It became a spirited and fun reunion.Special Features:
- Liked HurricaneHappytoreviewVIPDined on 8/18/2014This proved to be our favorite restaurant in Kennebunkport. The food was very good - we each had salad (one ceasar and one iceberg wedge), followed by pork chop for me and vegetarian pasta for my husband. Both were excellent. The waitress was very attentive, the location is wonderful especially if you get a table by the window which overlook the river. A wonderful view. And most importantly, the food was very tasty.Special Features:
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014This is a great restaurant. The Hurricanes Garlic Shrimp is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulLocalResidentVIPDined on 8/15/2014I say the same thing each time we dine here and share our thoughts on Open Table. Wonderful carefully prepared food. Excellent service. Willing to accommodate special dietary requests. Our only compliant is that they close for part of the winter and we miss them terribly during that time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good view, good lobster rollEaterVIPDined on 8/14/2014The view of the town and the river is lovely. Our waitress was friendly and eager to please. The lobster roll, though a bit salty for my taste, was filled with fresh lobster. The sweet potato fries were awesome.Special Features:
- Toujours délicieux!DaniliseDined on 8/12/2014Le mediterranean Seafood stew vaut le détour. Il est généreux en fruits de mer et délicat.Special Features:
- FavoriteCTyankeeDined on 8/8/2014Best in Kennebunkport by far! Seafood stew and Baked stuff lobster wonderful. Make a reservation well ahead - it's busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerweluvseafoodDined on 8/5/2014I selected the Hurricane based on a prior experience with a business client. this time it was for our 37th wedding anniversary. I placed the reservation online and asked for river view seating, which we got and enjoyed a sunset and saw the tide turn. We both love seafood. We shared some oysters. She had the seafood stew, I had the roasted garlic shrimp. All was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in the heart of KAcrossAmericaVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great dining in the heart of Kennebunkport. Great service and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining experienceMartine4reviewsDined on 8/3/2014The restaurant fills to capacity by 6pm. Would strongly recommend a reservation. We were lucky and had an excellent table with a view. Menu is varied but not too lengthy. Good wine selection. Seafood well prepared, lobster chowder best I had in the area. Service was prompt and efficient. Overall good dining experience. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than what I hoped forLoveygourmetDined on 8/1/2014Great cocktails, nice selection of wines and by the glass, too. Lots of choices for appetizers--the 1/2 oysters Rockefeller, 1/2 clams casino great. Warm bread served. Huge veal chop grilled to perfection and tender. Roast rack of lamb also as requested. Wines poured by the glass were plentiful. Blueberry pie is in a small crock with homemade crust and the lovely small Maine blueberries--not lots of filler and topped with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Great service without being intrusive. Really, a wonderful dinner overall. Will definitely go back when we return to Kennebunk. Dine here--you'll be happy you did.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatLocalResidentVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food is always well prepared and attractively presented. We appreciate their willingness to make substitutions based on dietary needs...many places will not do this but Hurricane does it without a question. The staff is knowledgeable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatRichmondDiner19Dined on 8/1/2014Went there this past Friday and the front was a bustling bar and sitting area. Bartender seemed to know several groups by name so figured that was good indicator that the locals liked the spot. From there the rest of the evening was a bit disappointing. Lobster Chowder was best thing we had: large portion but served luke warm. I had the Seafood Stew and was obvious that it was reheated: one scallop, three shrimp and mussels that were all rubbery and overcooked. Flavor was good but for the price it was nothing special. Wife's Salmon was well prepared but pretty basic. Worst was being seated 6 feet from the parking lot door. This should NOT be a table. Overall an average meal for above average price.
- Excellent meal...great experienceRichDined on 7/25/2014If you're seeking a special night out, go to Hurricane. The food was great and the service was friendly. You can make a fantastic meal out of their "small plates" if you're looking to try a lot of different things late night as we were. Their entrees offered plenty of variety as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the menu choicesrindaDined on 7/20/2014We dine at this Hurricanes every time we come to KBP. The 3 course $30 menu is the best value. Consistently delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!DebRDined on 7/19/2014We made reservations for a Saturday evening dinner (pre-show). We were seated promptly. There was an extensive wine list and an additional cocktail menu. Service was great. We were not rushed. The menu was varied--seafood, meat, and pasta--something for everyone. There was also a prix fixe menu with lots of difficult choices and well worth the money! My husband ordered one of the daily specials off the regular menu. I ordered off the prix fixe menu. Portion sizes were good. Enough to savor again the following day. The food was delicious. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Our honeymoon.ScGeoffDined on 7/18/2014We went out to hurricane for a nice dinner during our honeymoon trip to kennebunkport. I was glad to see they had lamb. The food was very good. Bread wa served with no butter. Overall a good dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great, from the moment we walked inSusanFromMassDined on 7/17/2014We had an 8:30 dinner reservations and got there a bit early, after browsing through the shops in Dock Square. We were greeting by an awesome hostess who promptly found us a seat to have a drink while we waited for our table. It was ready before our drinks arrived and we were seated at a beautiful corner, window table - beautiful views of the river! Our server was great, our food was delicious (swordfish, baked stuffed lobster) and the Key Lime Pie (with blueberries!) was the best KLP I have ever had! All in all, a wonderful experience and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the sameMainetravel14Dined on 7/14/2014As a frequent visitor to Hurricane restaurant over the last ten years or so, I can say that I've noticed a decline in the food . The raviolis of late were very undercooked in a thin cream sauce without much flavor. The service staff was average in terms of being attentive. It seems that the restaurant is attracting infants and small children. These children are usually noisy and distracting. It isn't what one would expect at Hurricane. The views from the restaurant are still wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/11/2014Seven years ago we stayed in Kennebunkport and ate at the Hurricane. We remembered the Hurricane from that visit and so we again dine at the Hurricane. The food, service, and scenic view were what we remembered -- outstanding on all counts. Thanks Hurricane staff for an outstanding meal and service.Special Features:
- Just AverageMacAtlantaVIPDined on 7/7/2014The food was pretty good, although not consistent. The French Onion Soup was outstanding, with a delightful puffed pastry. Wedge Salad was very nicely done with cranberries. The PEI Mussels were the smallest ones I have seen in some time. Big issue was the service. Really poor and no kind of explanation from our server about why or acknowledgement on her part. Also, I had to move my chair at the table as the AC unit on the wall was blowing directly on top of me. Not sure I would go back.Special Features: