213 Smith Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.huntersbrooklyn.com/
- Phone: 7182462221x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Angelo Schifilliti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: 15 Days of Summer Tastings - Jun 8th - Jun 26th.
7pm - 9pm
Help us narrow down our Summer Menu Options during 15 days of four-course chef tastings. You and 19 other guests will sit together and help determine the best dishes of the night to develop our summer menu.
launching Jun 29th.
4 courses - 1 cocktail - 55$
A word from Hunter's
Hunter's is a creative endeavor born of the belief that a seasonal cuisine takes advantage of the rich flavors around us that make our neighborhood and city unique. Chef Angelo Schifilliti, formerly Executive Chef at Landmarc Tribeca, focuses on perfecting an intimate menu in an even more intimate setting. This Brooklyn restaurant's driving force is the hunt for ingredients, tastes and ideas that transcend the ordinary dining experience. Hunter’s has been praised for both its focus on the local and healthy by Clean Plates “you’ll find house-made pastas, pot pies, sustainably-sourced meats and 100% local veggies to round out an affordably-priced, eclectic New American, Italian and French menu” and its creativity and commitment to sustainability by Zagat Blog, “The eatery prides themselves on dishing out game meat and forged ingredients.”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Hunter's - Best Restaurants in Cobble Hill ›
Hunter's reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- My favorite wines are here ...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014I like the truffle fries, the Hanger steak was great and so is the butternut squash - food portions are a bit small so order sides sweet potatoe mash is delicious. I love their wine list they have reds and whites from some of my favorite places in Napa and Sonoma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BroomeDined on 10/24/2014Limited menu but good selections. Had a bottle of local NY wine, Reisling, that was overpriced at 49.00I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kale salad in brooklynSydneyDined on 10/7/2014I've been coming back to hunters since forever because of 1- the best kale salad in the neighborhood 2 - truffle fries and Mac n cheese 3 - cocktails (and their concoctioneers) and 4 - vibe never disappoints. The new fall menu is great and they are just too darn nice..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to with friends visitingSamanthaDined on 10/7/2014Had an amazing little night at hunters last Tuesday.. Went with a college friend and wanted to show her a special brooklyn night.. The food here is just ridiculous and different and one of the neighborhood best, and the drinks and kids working never disappoint. Wanted to follow up with clover club and make it a whole day but sadly they were closed. More drinks at the bar - still tasting that katniss everdeen... Great spot, thanks guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Local Dinner SpotKY2014Dined on 9/26/2014The service was good; the food was good but nothing was spectacular. I would recommend if you were looking for a solid restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brooklyn BrunchThomasVIPDined on 7/26/2014The staff are friendly and knowledgeable, the food delicious and well-portioned, and the cocktails are unique. The Cucumber Mimosa is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy, yummy food + good barMembrillitaDined on 7/5/2014It was my second time at Hunter's, and I'll be back soon. The food is good, healthy, tasty. The bar is lovely and has some nice options. The service is nice and delivers with good timing. A great neighborhood haunt.Special Features:
- The following 57 reviews are from the Hunter's reviews archive.
- Great brunch!luv2dineVIPDined on 5/18/2014Been to Hunter's multiple times and it's great for both brunch and dinner. Not many places in the neighborhood offer reservations for brunch and with an infant, this is extremely helpful. The Elvis French toast is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedDibrooklynDined on 5/17/2014I got the mushroom sandwich an that's just what it was. A dry baguette with mushrooms on it. It was pretty boring and tasteless. The fries were good and my Bloody Mary was great but t sat at the bar for almost 10 minutes before the bartender had to bring it to me. Our waiter disappeared for basically the whole time. There were only a few tables so I'm not sure what was up but the service could have been much better. I would come back to try the brunch menu.Special Features:
- warm and friendly serviceHopeVIPDined on 5/14/2014Very warm and accommodating service and delicious food. We will definitely go back!
- Food stands outSamanthaDined on 5/5/2014This was a really great experience for us. Ate on a Monday night, the server came over, told us about four or five specials that sounded amazing and everything lived up to the billing. Same vibe and feel as Roman's in ft Greene. Will definitely return. Thanks guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a casual weekend nightWilleburgerDined on 4/12/2014Great, friendly bar staff Good food & tasty menu Service was slow once we sat down at our table, but we were with a friend, had great company, it did not effect our dining experience negatively. I would definitely go back again and recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spring Menu first daySamanthaDined on 4/9/2014A perfect little night out - a girlfriend and I went on the first day of their new menu launch and it was exciting to try some of their new dishes. Definitely excitement in the air about it and good vibes which we appreciated. Plus they gave us a sneak preview of one of the new cocktails they have planned for the spring - awesome. Lots of fresh veggies on the new menu - definitely appreciate it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hunter's? Yes, please!DeeRod84Dined on 4/6/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our wedding anniversary and we wanted it to be special. We looked for a restaurant with character, good food with fresh ingredients, a fun cocktail menu and wasn't overly expensive. Hunter's delivered on all fronts. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Good food but maybe larger portionsnoelbelleDined on 4/5/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Hunters - we all really loved our plates. However, everyone was left saying "we wish we'd had more of that" especially for the price (ie)14$ for a grilled kale salad with a sliver of squash and some chickpeas on a little salad plate and a mac and cheese main that comes in a side dish tiny ramikin'). If you go however, I would suggest ordering the nutella bread pudding - it was delicious, and massive (larger than any of the main dishes actually!) I don't think we'll head back for a major dinner again but maybe wine and dessert. Staff was great super accommodating and attentive.Special Features:
- Try the nutella bread pudding!DaveDined on 3/29/2014Try the nutella bread pudding! The entire group enjoyed their meal. Reasonable wine list (though I wished they had the slightly less expensive Pinot. Would certainly return.Special Features:
- Hunter's is a Home Run!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014This place was great!! I happen to stumble into this gem on a raining evening. The staff was super friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. My wife got the "Pot Pie" and I got the the "Wild Striped Bass" both were out of this world. I also loved the beer list which was filled with craft beers from all over the united states. If you like good food and good drinks Hunter's is the place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome for Groups!BrooklynDDined on 3/9/2014Came to Hunter's with 7 friends, and was really impressed with the service they were able to provide for a big group. They offered us a charcuterie appetizer for the whole table, and brought it out on a massive serving tray created from wrought iron and tree trunk. It was a feast fit for the kings of Westeros!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bit priceyvalentinediner123Dined on 2/14/2014Went here for valentines day dinner with the gf. Didn't expect there to only be the valentines day menu which is 65 a person. The food itself is okay but I've had better, for less money. At the end the waitress also put a 20% tip for herself, included in the bill. It's valentines day so I didn't want to complain too much in front of the gf, but I will probably never come back or recommend this place for any friends.
- I love Hunter's for dinnerDininginBKDined on 2/9/2014I love Hunter's for dinner but was quite disappointed by their brunch. Normally huevos rancheros are my go-to at any restaurant, but these weren't great - they definitely need more salsa/tomatoes/cheese/etc (were just beans and eggs!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/2/2014It was recommended to me & fell quite short of expectations. It was not bad but it was nothing special.
- Brilliant!SydneyDined on 1/19/2014Have come here twice on an anniversary and a birthday and have been wowed both times. I came originally because I knew the chef came from a favorite spot in the city and things here are even better than they were over there. The food is just incredibly well-sourced and totally delicious and the cocktails could possibly duke it out with those across the street at the clover club. Very romantic scene, the lighting, the design and feel of the place really make it stand out that way. I'll keep going again and again, thanks Hunter's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUD Sunday BrunchawayDined on 1/12/2014The food was average, but the bloody mary was fantastic. I had the huevos rancheros, my boyfriend had the Hunter's benedict, and our guest had the kale salad. The kale salad looked delicious and I will definitely try it on a return visit. The restaurant itself was VERY loud. I made a reservation for 11:30 as my boyfriend and I were meeting our friend to discuss career transitions. We were seated next to a party of 10 where no one talked softer than yelling. It made having a conversation at our table rather difficult and I often found myself yelling to be heard. The front of the restaurant seemed to be quieter and I definitely wish we'd have been sitting there. Overall the food was average, drinks were good, and noise was LOUD.Special Features:
- Love dinner @ Hunter'sBKRedDined on 11/23/2013This is a fav spot in the neighborhood; it was a freezing evening and Hunter's was warm and welcoming. I usually pop in during the week, when it's quiet, but it was Saturday night and I was happy we got a reservation. However, they were running late so we had to wait about 15-20 minutes for our table and the bar area is snug, so you constantly feel in the way of someone. We did sit and had a lovely dinner though.Special Features:
- Lots of funVeggieMomVIPDined on 11/16/2013Hunter's is great for vegetarians and meat eaters. We loved the farro risotto, beet salad, butternut squash agnolotti (with Brussels sprouts) and wild mushroom pot pie. Excellent craft cocktails.Special Features:
- The food was quite mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/14/2013The food was quite mediocre and over priced. The ravoli didn't seem homemade and was overcooked. The farro risotto wasn't seasoned well. The cheese plate was the decent. The cheeses are from Stinky next door and they could have chosen a better selection. The marinated beets and grilled kale salad were the best things we tried. They only had drip coffee and there was no herbal tea. Our server was incredibly helpful and nice and when she realized they didn't have herbal tea, she steeped mint leaves in hot water to make mint tea. The ambiance is nice if you want to get a drink but I would never go back to this restaurant for their food.
- Everything is deliciousalisonoVIPDined on 11/7/2013We had two great cocktails and beer (happy hour) and we thought they were moderately priced considering the quality. I could drink these hot spiced ciders with rum all night long! The food was also very good. The butter lettuce salad was nice and light. The boar pappardelle was delicious but difficult to eat out of a bowl. The burger and fries were also really good. The service was also great. We'll definitely be back. If only cocktails were also on happy hour, I'd be here every night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint and DeliciousbkfoodieDined on 11/1/2013This place has such a cute and cozy atmosphere. The service was excellent. The food was delicious. Make sure you get the ricotta fritters...they are out of this world amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindLisa0708VIPDined on 10/4/2013A perfect combination of creative and delicious food with a casual and welcoming ambiance. Definitely will go back and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Simply AmazingPR47Dined on 9/26/2013Everything from the toast with avocado and grilled tomatoes to the Braised Pork that was just melt-in-your-mouth delicious to the side dishes was just amazing. In addition, their drink menu is fantastic...every drink we tried was perfectly prepared. Looks like I have a new favorite in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, simple hip atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2013Everything we ordered was amazing and our service was amazingly good. Food highlights include the kale salad (not at all bitter or boring), the truffled French fries (to die for), pork chop, burger and homemade pasta. YUM! Please do yourself a favor and try this place!!Special Features:
- Great food but loudCookingdebDined on 9/20/2013The food and service were fantastic. The restaurant was adorable. I loved the creamed corn and fish entree. There was a party in the back which made the restaurant noisy; once the party concluded the ambiance was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2013I've eaten at Hunter's now three times. Each time it has been very solid. The food is quality: no fireworks, but very well prepared. There is a nice quiet, unpretentious atmosphere to the decor and service. I don't know that I'd call Hunter's destination dining--I've been to restaurants much like it in a variety of neighborhoods--but it certainly qualifies as a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotBklndfVIPDined on 8/8/2013The restaurant scene on Smith Street is pretty competitive, and Hunter's is a solid contender. We had a party of three and ordered an appetizer, a couple of salads, two mains, a side dish, and we were very happy with everything. Very good food, nice cocktails, decent wine selection, excellent service. Strongly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FlavorTerriDined on 8/1/2013We really enjoy Hunter's excellent custom cocktails and seasonal menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - wonderful combinationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2013Great food - wonderful combination of vegetables, herbs and spices. Ashley, our server, knew the menu and was able to explain how each app or entrée was prepared.Special Features:
- A great experienceGuacamolePartyDined on 6/18/2013I chose Hunter's for my girlfriend's birthday dinner, as she and I love to discover great restaurants and foods and I wanted to take a chance on a new destination for her special day. I'm happy to say my gamble paid off. She was exceedingly pleased with the beet salad, and outright swooned over the pappardelle with rabbit (my mushroom pot pie wasn't too shabby either). And because I'd notified the restaurant in advance that this was a special occasion, they were very game to accommodate her; our waiter was pleasant and engaging (and quick!), the manager stopped by to chat and wish her well, and we received complementary glasses of bubbly to celebrate. This very charming and comfortable establishment gave us a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Put down the salt please!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/18/2013The kale salad was AMAZING - lick the plate good. And my pappardelle was...ok. Happy they offer half portions, that's nice, but the dish itself is a bit confusing - would appreciate something more straightforward, not bad but not something I would crave in the future. But the worst part was my friend's burger - it was SO overly salty that he couldn't enjoy it. It's too bad - it's a cute place but I won't go back, there are too many other places that make me happier.
- Good Food. Good People. Good Spot.NYCKimVIPDined on 6/11/2013Hunters was absolutely lovely. We did the “Roulette” menu where for $35 the chef has you try out dishes that the house is considering for addition to their seasonal menu. This selection changes every couple of days. We were really pleased with the salmon/avocado appetizer, the sautéed pork chops, and the poached peach dessert. To top it off the staff was great. Our waiter Matthew was awesomely engaging as well as efficient. We felt like instant regulars as we also received pleasant, unrushed visits from the owner and the chef himself. You can sit out front in the airy bar section or slip into the cozier dining room in the back which accommodates groups quite well. Tasty cocktail selection too. We gambled and won! I’ll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend HuntersOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/7/2013I have dined at Hunter's four times and recommended it to a number of friends. It is a great neighborhood restaurant. The food is great. The portions are generous, food is selection is fun, and there's something for adventurous and picky eaters. I love the kale salad and the burger. The pastas are also great. The ricotta fritters are the best dessert. One tiny flaw: no espresso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.