10123 River Rd
Potomac, MD 20854Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thehuntersinn.com/
- Phone: 3012999300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am-10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Redskins football games on tv
- Special Events: Banquet rooms up to 40
Catering Menu for home events
A word from Hunter's Inn
The Hunter's Inn opened its doors in the heart of Potomac Village in 1977. An Instant success, local papers named Hunter's "The best place to meet", "The best place to make a deal" and "The most romantic restaurant". Washingtonian Magazine described the burger as one of Washington's best. The Hunter's Inn has been reborn through the efforts of Washington natives Fred and Murray Berman. The two brothers combined have more than 50 years of restaurant experience. Since they've taken control over the restaurant's operations, immediate improvements have been made to the quality of food and service. Concentrating on fresh fish, quality meats and innovative menu selections as well as large entree salads, pasta, ribs, and chops. To compliment the menu, Fred and Murray have expanded and enhanced the wine list, making it one the most extensive in the Potomac area. Hunter's Inn is considered the "Cheers of Potomac".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Hunter's Inn - Best Restaurants in Potomac ›
Hunter's Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (19)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (2)scenic view (1)special occasion (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good local placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/18/2014I frequent the Hunter's Inn because the food is good, the service is excellent and friendly, and the price, while not cheap is moderate. It is well worth what it costs to dine there in comfort of a local restaurant.Special Features:
- Burgers after soccerHughVIPDined on 9/12/2014great place for kids after soccer, great burgers , nice peopleSpecial Features:
- SueKDined on 8/16/2014Waiters were trying to rush us through dinner. We wanted to linger and eventually did. Food was good but nothing special. It is a good neighborhood restaurant that I believe is better for lunch, than dinner. Cordial staff and friendly.Special Features:
- great basicsHughVIPDined on 8/13/2014great unpretentious food well served, great american fareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgersHughVIPDined on 8/11/2014great unpretentious neighborhood eatery, good burgers and pasta , good service, not expensiveSpecial Features:
- Review of Hunter's InnBethesdaNative57VIPDined on 7/30/2014My recent dinner experience at Hunter's Inn was disappointing. My husband and I sat in a booth facing our friends. At the booth behind us, the waiter spilled a Martini, which shattered and spilled all over the back of the booth and on my friend's silk jacket, hair and face. While the waiter gave a quick apology, no effort was made to ensure that my friend was OK, or to compensate her for the cleaning bill until she asked. Also, the restaurant failed to take anything off the check or to offer us a coupon as an incentive to return. I will not be returning anytime soon.Special Features:
- Good burgersHughVIPDined on 7/18/2014needed a quick bite for family after a swim meet, good wholesome US menue, good food quick service not expensive, ticked all the boxes for that evenings needsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteMaxxDined on 7/16/2014Great service. Wonderful food. Very comfortable and quiet. Cozy. Very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PotomacerCoolHandDaveDined on 7/13/2014Great restaurant, Friendly ambiance and staff. Nice Bar. Quality of food is wonderful also. Nice for group presentations too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/23/2014Three people at our table of four had three different Italian Night entrees and they were all very enjoyable.
- Potomac GemExcellentDined on 6/16/2014I like their old menu better. A wider variety of lunch options would have been appreciated.Special Features:
- MarvinVIPDined on 6/14/2014Good and many times great food with excellent service and a great martini, gin of course, this is the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mgmt need to control iits patronsqualityseekerVIPDined on 5/28/2014What does a restaurant do when one of its regulars at the bar has a few too many and starts talking so loud to no one in particular that guests 30 feet away have to speak in raised voices to each other just to be heard? Apparently nothing! They let him drink until he is done, even though no one sitting near him remains; when he left, he couldn't walk straight. They need to do a better job. Of course, at a bar people drink, and often they get somewhat louder, but when it goes to extreme excess at a place where the patrons like to engage in real conversation as much as just watch TV sports, it just doesn't work. I usually like Hunters because of its ambiance, but if this happens again and again, I won't be back. Surely, there must be a way.
- Love the Happy Hour!eatwellVIPDined on 5/28/2014I like Happy Hour in the bar! The portions are just right for a light dinner. The thin-crust pizza is great.Special Features:
- The following 71 reviews are from the Hunter's Inn reviews archive.
- MarvinVIPDined on 5/17/2014A wonderful eating experience, fine food, fine service and gracious hostsSpecial Features:
- good food, better serviceNanaVIPDined on 5/17/2014The service at Hunter's Inn was really good. The waiters were really friendly and cordial. They were quick to strike up conversation with us and keep it going as well. They were always around as well, asking if we needed anything and it was not just one person that asked, multiple waiters were always around our table. We had the chicken marsala with pasta and fries. It was pretty good and food was very fresh. The scene was not very diverse though, with everyone there (and I mean everyone) being white except for us. It felt kind of weird but I'm not from there so that might have been the norm. The courteous staff made everything feel homey though so not much to complain about. I'd go back if I were ever in the area again.Special Features:
- Much improvedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/16/2014I had a delicious trout dinner. Food seems much better than when I was last there a year ago or so.Special Features:
- loubrestonDined on 5/11/2014Hunter's Inn provides a rare dining experience with excellent food, mature and accommodating waiters, and an old world charm and ambience that is difficult to find. Waite, Mr. Chuta, is the exemplar of service.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2014Brunch was good, but too expensive @ $34.00. At that price and quality of food the mimosas should be included. I did not know I was being charged for the mimosas until the bill came. They are $10.00. Breakfast part of Buffett excellent. The rest was fair in quality. Will not come back for brunch, maybe lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major disappointmentBigRubeVIPDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I have been meaning to try Hunter's Inn ever since we first passed it on the road. It sounded like a nice, standard American fare restaurant. We were, however, disappointed with our meal there. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't anything to get excited about or, even, to give us a reason to want to come back. I just think there are too many good restaurants in the DC Metro area to return to one that is just okay.
- Great neighborhood atmosphereeatwellVIPDined on 4/30/2014Happy hour is fun with good food and a great atmosphere in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loyal FanNeighborlyVIPDined on 4/16/2014I dine with family and friends often at Hunter's Inn, and am always very pleased, both for lunch, brunch and dinner. While this most recent experience had one problem, it actually reinforced the excellence of the staff. There was a very loud, obnoxious group of 4 people at another table who were disturbing everyone else in the dining room, including my group of friends. We asked the owner to help us, and he made sure in a low-key way to get the people to quiet down.Special Features:
- Definitely will go back1stimerVIPDined on 4/13/2014Nice to discover there still are a few traditional restaurants among all the trendy and ethnic spots. Hunter's Inn was a pleasant surprise for a recent Sunday lunch. A large menu with plenty of tempting choices. Our group found all our selections to be excellent: a superbly done crab cake sandwich, BBQ sandwich, chili, with delicious onion straws to start. Desserts likewise all delicious -- and generous. Service was attentive, the place attractive, and conversation easy. A great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- workSpikeDined on 4/8/2014A good, quiet place for a work lunch with very decent prices, service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potomac not so hot spotGlobalDinerDined on 2/21/2014While the food was good although over priced and the service started out great, but when our server went home the replacement ignored us unless we hailed him, and so-so wine was overpriced, the dining experience was not bad. Would we return? No. Finally, the restrooms were a mess and were out of both toilet paper and hand towels.Special Features:
- Hunter's Inn in PotomacRJADCDined on 2/15/2014It was as advertised - like "Cheers" bar in Potomac. The food was pretty good and the service was excellent. I'd go back, but maybe prefer the bar, which was a great find. Glad we found it and look forward to another visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't complain about this place24walzDined on 2/14/2014The Hunters Inn was a pleasant surprise of bar mixed with moderately elegant restaurant. Didn't know what to expect but pleasantly found the menu to include average priced burgers and such, but also included entrees for special occasions. The filet was absolutely delicious! I recommend this for anyone looking for a nice bite on a Tuesday night or a special date night.Special Features:
- AdequateLiz987Dined on 2/14/2014Our starters were excellent, but entrees were not the best. Service was very good and my entree was exchanged for something different.
- Not what we expected for the priceDeanDined on 2/14/2014The Hunter is has family feel from long ago. We did order appetizers, the crab cocktail and the caprese salad, both good but ordinary. Since it was Valentines Day, they had some specials but nothing again nothing out of the ordinary. We ordered the Sea bass which was just ordinary and the portion rather small for the price. The server was very pleasant and they accommodated a few dietary needs. In conclusion the food was over priced for just ordinary food.Special Features:
- OK this time but not greatDinnerdinersDined on 2/14/2014We went for Valentines Day. The food came out quickly. We had ribs and chicken Marsala. I've had better but I've certainly had worse. Unfortunately, the service was terrible once served. The waiter didn't check on us and made a big mistake on the bill. We've been many times and had great experiences so I hope this was just a fluke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014As always, Hunters Inn is a wonderful spot to enjoy a meal with friends and family. From the first time we stopped in we were made to feel as though we'd been coming there for years. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and a bit playful while simultaneously providing excellent service. The weekly specials - from half price burgers to half price bottles of wine can also make Hunters Inn a real bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemNeighborlyVIPDined on 12/22/2013Great place for brunch, lunch or dinner. Very accommodating and always a warm welcome. We always come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Tree buyingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/13/2013Every year my husband and I take our grandson to buy our Christmas tree and then go to dinner at Hunter's Inn, It's very special to us and next year our granddaughter will be old enough to join us. It's our yearly tradition. We also enjoy there food during the year. Thank you for making it a fun memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular and with good reasonBEEGEE5VIPDined on 12/13/2013Great atmosphere, diligent service, very tasty food and always a neighborly greetingSpecial Features:
- Used to be greatPatriciaDined on 12/4/2013Hunter's Inn used to be a reliable source of decent food and drink. My recent experience was anything but that. While the dining room and service were both quite nice, the quality of the food was very disappointing. My table had a number of different entree and side options. Sadly none were tasty and the beef options were charred to the point of being inedible. The baked potato was the size of a golf ball and had clearly been sitting around for a long time as the contents were mealy and separated from the skin. Another member of my party had sliders that were similarly skimpy in size and cooked dry. Although it's a great location, I cannot recommend Hunter's Inn for anything more than a cocktail.
- warm winter nighthungry2Dined on 11/28/2013Welcoming cozy atmosphere. Very good food and gracious service. Loved the fire on a cold winter niht. Space for private,quiet conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thanksgiving dinnerJohnDined on 11/28/2013We needed a good place for a Thanksgiving dinner for two. Hunters Inn was a good choice. They had a limited menu but we both wanted turkey. Everything was very good and the meal was good sized. It was a flat rate of $32 apiece which was a bargin. The service was excellent - attentive and friendly. We plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatTomRDined on 11/28/2013We had Thanksgiving dinner there and the best part of the meal was the roasted squash soup. Everything else was "ok", but nothing to write home about. The service was very friendly, and the atmosphere, was a nice has it has always been.Special Features:
- Great ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013We went there for Thanksgiving and the food was delicious. They had very generous portions. The Staff took great care of us while we were there..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedsammyVIPDined on 11/22/2013We used to be regulars but had moved away Returned and noted that the atmosphere that we had loved was no longer there on the pub side It was now very red and the lighting not welcoming This made the paintings and the place frankly look outdated Ordered about 5 appetizers to split to start The only good item out of the 7 were the fish tacos and they were very good All the other items calamari chicken strips were over breaded greasy and over fried and the sauces were average The other orders entree were also not of the quality they used to be Guess its time to move onSpecial Features: