Hunter Steakhouse - Mission Valley
2445 Hotel Circle Pl
San Diego, CA 92108Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Hunter Steakhouse - Mission Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.huntersteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6192918074
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether it's a small intimate gathering or a large corporate event off site, Hunter Steakhouse catering will assist in making your celebration memorable. Choose from an array of menu options including our traditional "Santa Maria Style" BBQ. This very popular choice consists of tri-tip sirloin and & chicken slowly cooked over red oak on one of our old fashioned buckboard barbecue pits. If you can imagine it we can create it. If you would prefer to build your own menu, we would be happy to accommodate any requests you make. Hunter Steakhouse looks forward to serving you.
- Private Party Facilities: Our unique "log cabin" inspired buildings allow us to have a wide selection of different rooms and options for your next large gathering. From small to large parties we have an abundance of different private rooms available to host your next great event. Let us help you make your next dinner party memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Ramsey 6192918074
A word from Hunter Steakhouse - Mission Valley
Welcome to Hunter Steakhouse "serving the best Prime Rib in Town". We embrace our 40 year tradition as a classic steakhouse while continually renewing our commitment to small town hospitality. whether you visit us in the heart of Mission Valley or the City of Oceanside, our staff looks forward to serving you with a smile. We know that you'll find our award winning Prime Rib, hand carved steaks and chops, fresh seafood, and many other home made dishes to your liking. From our table side salad bar to our home made soups and sauces we take a great deal of pride in offering you only the freshest ingredients. We're truly honored to have you as our guests. You're family, You're invited.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hunter Steakhouse - Mission Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)good for groups (13)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Worst tasting steak eversocalBillDined on 9/28/2014The filet mignon was the worst I have ever had, ZERO flavor (btw, med cooked) I'm thinking it was very old or was frozen and thawed out just for me. It looked and tasted like I was at Sizzlers, however sizzlers is much better then this steak. I dumped a lot of A-1 type sauce on it to try to get some favor, but it was useless. I took most of it home and feed it to my dog. Would never go here again.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014It was the worst service ever! I took my boyfriend for his birthday and we had a lot of trouble getting the attention of the waiters the food it takes more than 45 minutes, etc.Special Features:
- Still attentive during peak timesKimCanEatDined on 9/26/2014Luckily, I was smart enough to reserve on OpenTable during Restaurant week in a Friday night at dinner time. Without a reservation, we would have waited 1 - 1 1/2 hrs. The food was good as always, but I was very surprised at the service. My server was obviously tired, but he smiled and did multiple checks on how we were and refilled our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint dinner spot, hidden gemBrookeFDined on 9/25/2014I have loved Hunter Steakhouse for years. It is a great place to celebrate special occasions or just to grab a bite with family or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly unhappysadlyunhappyDined on 9/19/2014I brought my father for a nice lunch. I'm a retired Chef and understand what goes on in the kitchen. Stuffed mushrooms, pinch of nothing in them. Dinner salad, asked for Romaine. Gave us the flat tasteless green ends (crispy romaine cuts for Caesar always ready?) and Bleu Cheese dressing was flat like someone poured Ranch in with the Bleu. We barely ate half and push the plates aside. Onion rings were very sad (pre-made. We saw Beer Battered Shrimp on the menu, so we thought Onion Rings would be fresh. I understand costs, cutting corners at lunch like this won't make us want to suggest it with friends later. Lunch here like eating at 'Denny's'. The Server was excellent and the coffee was very good. So sorry to say this, but true.
- Great food and serviceseanc623VIPDined on 9/12/2014Food and service were great. Best prime rib in town!Special Features:
- Eat in the barLadyBrokerDined on 8/29/2014The service is just as good, and you can relax a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- early dinnerniceviewDined on 8/22/2014We had dinner on Friday evening, we were celebrating our anniversary. Had a nice quiet booth upstairs. Dinner was great, always is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experience. Great prime rib.OMGfoodDined on 8/15/2014I love their prime rib! Tender, juicy and tasty. It wasn't fatty. The table salad presentation was pretty unique. It was like a salad buffet but served by your server. Our waitress was terrific...just the right amount of attention without being intrusive. We would definitely come back and maybe bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, steak was lackinglike2eatDined on 8/12/2014For a steak house, the steak should be the best part of the visit. Unfortunately, our New York steaks were thin, over-cooked (we ordered medium-rare), and underwhelming. One of our party had the rib-eye, and said it was quite good, though. I understand that the prime rib is the house specialty, maybe we should have gotten that. The tableside salad was a nice twist, and was very fresh and crisp. On the other hand, the service was superb, and the music - light blues - was a refreshing change. It's is a fairly quiet place, and we enjoyed the ambiance.Special Features:
- Commentsbadbadbad12Dined on 8/9/2014The only downfall i consider about going to this restaurant was the service we received. The waitress took extremely too long too attend to us. A larger party came and left before we did! I mean how is that possible when it was just two! It was the most frustrating thing after one point i did not even care about the food i just wanted to leave! To show how long he took, we asked for our check and the entire process for us walk out payed took about 25 min! That was the longest i ever had to wait! And also we ordered stuffed mushrooms, and i actually found entire pieces of crab shell. Inedible! I would not recommend this place, there are better steakhouses around SD.Special Features:
- Delicious!TEarlingDined on 7/18/2014On a resent trip to San Diego my husband and I found Hunter Steakhouse through URBAN SPOON. Had good ratings so we thought we'd give it a try. So happy we did! We ended up eating there 4 nights out of 7. Tender and juicy stakes. Great drinks! Sam works Friday and Saturday, Pure magic. If your in the area, go. If you live in the area, I envy you.Special Features:
- Time for High SchoolOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/15/2014Was a good place to spend time with a old high school friend. It was OK, but it just might be time to update the décor and menu.
- Great Prime RibMrsCDined on 7/9/2014This was my first time visiting Hunter Steakhouse. We choose the perfect night to go, it wasn't overcrowded, our waitress was excellent, and the food was superb! I will definitely be returning here during my trips to San Diego!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014This restaurant had great steaks. They were not only flavorful but the portions were huge. I loved the portable salad bar that was brought to table. The kids meals were huge and my daughter's steak was an excellent sirloin cut very tender.Special Features:
- UnfriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014Had a friday night reservation for dinner at 8:15. We were greeted by very unfriendly and crumpy looking hostess. She was standing there with her arms crossed when we walked into the restaurant. Were seated and there was no champagne. Very bad start to dinner.
- Awesome placeDunemanDined on 6/26/2014This was great. It was my anniversary and the manager took great care to make sure flowers were waiting on the table. Awesome service. Great food. Good night!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clean - Nice wine - Great FoodJBrownDined on 6/25/2014My wife and I celebrated our 31st wedding Anniversary at this restaurant and we are so pleased we did. They helped me in a surprise of an orchid delivery for my wife and provided a terrific complimentary dessert. The Food was awesome and the price was far less than we expected when we first walked in as saw how nice and spotlessly clean the place is. We recommend this to anyone looking for a super dinner without the heartburn of a high tab. You can't beat the food, at any price. The service was so friendly and inviting that we have already recommended Hunter's Steakhouse to some of our friends and have placed it on our list of favorite places to go when we go out for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceHungry1Dined on 6/15/2014The food and service never disappoint. It was Father's Day and this is a nice place to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the prime ribalexanderlittlestarDined on 6/14/2014We went there on Saturday evening to celebrate fathers day, I really have to say Kristopher the waiter was very attentive and full of energy, he made our dinner special. The food was excellent, and the list of wine was pretty good too. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Dining experienceLuv2dinDined on 6/14/2014Hunters was fabulous. Service and food incredible. Steaks cooked spot on. I had noted in my reservation that is was a special birthday and that wasn't passed on to the server but after mentioned he apologized and made it special after all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what was expectedFood4lifeDined on 6/13/2014We went for our summer team lunch we were all disappointed in the food quality as well as the service. The appetizers were forgotten, the blacken seasoning was like it was dumped on the mahi mahi and one of the orders was delayed 20 mins so everyone had eaten by the time it was brought to the table. The forgotten and late food was removed from the bill but the money was not the point of the luncheon. We will not be returning nor referring this location to anyone we know.
- Great First ExperienceCynthiaDined on 6/7/2014As the name suggests, the atmosphere is one of a lodge. The size is deceiving from the outside. There are multiple seating areas. We had a 4:15 reservation and were the fourth table seated. There were two small children at the table nearby but they were well behaved and the noise level was acceptable (I think the rugs and furniture absorbed most of it). By 5:30 the activity was picking up. Our server Lennon (spelling?), was phenomenal and made our dining experience that much more enjoyable. We enjoyed the tableside salad bar (GREAT idea!), our prime rib was excellently prepared, and at Lennon's suggestion we tried the mud pie for dessert and were delighted at the way it went with our 2nd glass of Merlot.Special Features:
- The following 85 reviews are from the Hunter Steakhouse - Mission Valley reviews archive.
- On The RunJClcdcDined on 4/25/2014The employees seemed to be pre-occupied with other things...hurray, hurray, hurray...had to keep asking for items!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eaglemrc1Dined on 4/20/2014food was as good as always. So sad that the one in Arizona is not open any more. Always enjoyed going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pick another resturantFrogsLeapDined on 4/4/2014Unfortunately we were quite disappointed with both the service and food. After arriving and being sat it took over twenty minutes and my husband going to the hostess to finally get waters. I would not recommend eating here. The quality of food and the way it was cooked was even more disappointing than the service.
- Late NighthmkahDined on 3/16/2014Looking for a late night dinner with a large group of friends? This is it! A group of 15, all fashionably late of course, showed up 30 minutes before the kitchen closed, and the staff was nothing less of amazing! Our orders were perfect, the birthday dessert was incredible, the ambience of the place was soothing, the entire night was a perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/10/2014I've dined in the restaurant many times in the past and been very happy. My husband was satisfied with his burger. The server was very friendly but she never told us the dinner specials. We had to over hear them being told to a table behind us. The best part of my dinner was the au gratin potatoes. There were delicious. I ordered the Black and Blue rib eye. Salad would have been good except the lettuce was old and brown. I ordered my steak medium rare. It came out medium. The seasoning was ok. There was no blue cheese on it. The quality of meat was also a disappointment. I question that it was even a ribeye.
- Excellent restaurant week specialsFoodgirl1979VIPDined on 3/10/2014Had the restaurant week specials and they were delicious! 4 course meal for $23 was excellent value with plenty of food. Salmon was very good and my mom raved about the steak!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- samSammyDined on 2/24/2014The service was excellant our waitress was extremely polite and courtious she checked on us several times during our meal, but it was not overly intrusive ....My wife and I had a wonderful time and we will be back...It was her birthday and she loved it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh hummOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014This was our (my wife and I) first visit to Hunter steakhouse. It did not start off well. First, my reservation request for a booth was not taken seriously. The hostess told me me that my request for a booth "if possible" was regarded as "not important," so I didn't get a booth. Second, the alternative seating I was offered were all poor tables (next to kitchen etc.). Finally my wife pointed at an empty table in a corner and after some grumbling we were seated there. Regarding the food, the portions were generous, and the Tableside Salad Bar was a nice touch, but my steak was not very tender, and my baked potato was barely warm. So, for an overall grade I'd give the Hunter Steakhouse a "C." --It will be a while before we return.
- Valentine's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/14/2014We had a fine meal at the Hunter Steakhouse on Valentine's Day. We were a family of five, visiting San Diego for the President's Day weekend. While the service was good, it was a tad slow. Though I know it was because of the day we went. The restaurant was crowded, so I understand. I'm sure it will be faster on a "regular" evening. That being said, when our food (appetizers/soups/entrees) were brought out, they were very good. The Shrimp Cocktail was cold and fresh with six HUGE shrimp and the cocktail sauce had just the right amount of tang. Our soups were nice and hot. Our entrees were served hot on the plate. I had the Prime Rib and King Crab, which was served perfectly. We all enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hunter Steak Housejcmiller220Dined on 2/5/2014Enjoyed the food and the service. Very Friendly atmosphere. Intimate dining.Special Features:
- Not the best experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2014Ok, only thing I really enjoyed was the blue cheese dressing and our servers great attitude. Other than that bread was dry and cold, butter wasn't good, ribs were over cooked and dry and the prime rib wasn't A-grade.
- Romantic and deliciousJoyCLDined on 1/24/2014What a lovely evening my boyfriend and I had at Hunter Steakhouse! We came here for dinner to celebrate our 3 year anniversary and were so happy with our choice. The food was amazing, generous portions, with great wine to complement the food. Absolutely recommend this place for any occasion. Oh and not to mention the pricing is fantastic, especially compared to other steakhouses with the same high quality food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMyleeDined on 1/24/2014I enjoyed my dining experience. Had the prime rib and it was cooked perfectly and had great flavor. Also enjoyed the table side salad. What I did not like was the carrot cake. It was very dry so did not eat itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic prime ribRickVIPDined on 1/24/2014The prime rib here is awesome. We love prime rib and many spots say they "feature" it. Hunter does. Any time we are in the mood for prime rib, Hunter is out destination.Special Features:
- the prime rib was great,butOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/23/2014the prime rib was great,but the chocolate cake was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb tasteJCasrilloDined on 1/23/2014To begin with, what a service: amiable, fast and top notch. Secondly, the food was wonderful. We had the sirloin and the filet mignon and it was outstanding. And the the dessert, a wonderful taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks and servicefoodieDined on 1/21/2014Had a great tasting filled mignon. Service was very good and waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.