Hunter Steakhouse - Mission Valley
2445 Hotel Circle Pl
San Diego, CA 92108Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Hunter Steakhouse - Mission Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.huntersteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (619) 291-8074
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether it's a small intimate gathering or a large corporate event off site, Hunter Steakhouse catering will assist in making your celebration memorable. Choose from an array of menu options including our traditional "Santa Maria Style" BBQ. This very popular choice consists of tri-tip sirloin and & chicken slowly cooked over red oak on one of our old fashioned buckboard barbecue pits. If you can imagine it we can create it. If you would prefer to build your own menu, we would be happy to accommodate any requests you make. Hunter Steakhouse looks forward to serving you.
- Private Party Facilities: Our unique "log cabin" inspired buildings allow us to have a wide selection of different rooms and options for your next large gathering. From small to large parties we have an abundance of different private rooms available to host your next great event. Let us help you make your next dinner party memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Ramsey 6192918074
A word from Hunter Steakhouse - Mission Valley
Welcome to Hunter Steakhouse "serving the best Prime Rib in Town". We embrace our 40 year tradition as a classic steakhouse while continually renewing our commitment to small town hospitality. whether you visit us in the heart of Mission Valley or the City of Oceanside, our staff looks forward to serving you with a smile. We know that you'll find our award winning Prime Rib, hand carved steaks and chops, fresh seafood, and many other home made dishes to your liking. From our table side salad bar to our home made soups and sauces we take a great deal of pride in offering you only the freshest ingredients. We're truly honored to have you as our guests. You're family, You're invited.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hunter Steakhouse - Mission Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (10)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent except for service (new waitress?)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I think our waitress was new. She was a bit clumsy and nearly dropped the large salad tray while serving at the next table. She was very nice, however, and the food was excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK mid-class steak housePlayer4747VIPDined on 11/19/2014Convenient location on Hotel Circle. While no threat to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, the Hunter Steak House serves an OK steak or prime rib dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value, the food is ok, the place Is noisyMannyDined on 11/15/2014The prices are very affordable, the food Is ok, I do not recommend the lamb chops, the porter house and the prime rib are the best choices. I can not explain why, but in that place people tend to shout instead of talking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great destination for a big appetite!OenophilicFoodieDined on 11/15/2014The food served had excellent flavor and involved large portions. Neither did my date nor I finish our meals, and we certainly took the remainder home. There were kids around, making the atmosphere casual. It was warm in the dining room. The service was great until time for the check, and then there was a long gap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine service was incompetentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2014The food was average, the decor dated and worn, but the service was terrible. We had a large group with a reservation, and brought a couple of bottles of wine. Though we were seated quickly, it took 20 minutes just to get water at the table, even though we had two servers (one of whom did almost nothing all evening). It took almost an hour to get our orders taken, and we repeatedly asked them to open the wine we had brought to have with our dinner, but it wasn't until after we had been there 2 hours and most of us had FINISHED our steaks, that they managed to open our wine. Incompetent and uneducated wine service.
- Best prime rib in town!MargeDined on 11/6/2014There were 5 of us and the food was excellent, the service was excellent, and the prices are reasonable. I love it.Special Features:
- Best Prime Rib EVER!HossDined on 11/3/2014My husband and I have been regulars for 20 yrs we absolutely have not been able to find a better prime rib dinner and we have traveled as far west as HA and far east as MASpecial Features:
- Fine eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Very good location,closer to hotels. You needn't ride to it and can enjoy the delicious meat with good wine. We were there with 6 children and we were after Sea World. I reserved previously and we were friendly met with grate attention to children. Very good service, meals and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- freqfoodiefreqfoodieDined on 11/1/2014Great family dinner with out of town guests. We like to come here when we visit San Diego.Special Features:
- awesome prime ribhzleyesVIPDined on 10/23/2014Prime rib is the house specialty and it is fabulous, melt in your mouth. It is a must try, they make a great to order table side - salad. I try to eat there every time I am in town from VegasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!eledaroseDined on 10/10/2014We had another delicious dining experience at Hunter last Friday. The food is always delicious and the service is top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014We went here with a large group of people and everyone enjoyed it! Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Good foodstiloffDined on 10/3/2014We took advantage of the restaurant week and got to FEAST on this place. Food absolutely delicious, great filet, my wife loved the salad she got to make AT HER TABLE. Flourless cake also really really good. Caesar salad had a bit too much dressing, and carrot cake wasn't as good as we expected, but overall very very good food. For $35 that was a steal. Only real downside to this place is it looks really old inside and the layout is kind of awkward.Special Features:
- dmj88Dined on 9/29/2014The food was good, but they did not give as much as I remembered from past restaurant weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst tasting steak eversocalBillDined on 9/28/2014The filet mignon was the worst I have ever had, ZERO flavor (btw, med cooked) I'm thinking it was very old or was frozen and thawed out just for me. It looked and tasted like I was at Sizzlers, however sizzlers is much better then this steak. I dumped a lot of A-1 type sauce on it to try to get some favor, but it was useless. I took most of it home and feed it to my dog. Would never go here again.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014It was the worst service ever! I took my boyfriend for his birthday and we had a lot of trouble getting the attention of the waiters the food it takes more than 45 minutes, etc.Special Features:
- Still attentive during peak timesKimCanEatDined on 9/26/2014Luckily, I was smart enough to reserve on OpenTable during Restaurant week in a Friday night at dinner time. Without a reservation, we would have waited 1 - 1 1/2 hrs. The food was good as always, but I was very surprised at the service. My server was obviously tired, but he smiled and did multiple checks on how we were and refilled our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint dinner spot, hidden gemBrookeFDined on 9/25/2014I have loved Hunter Steakhouse for years. It is a great place to celebrate special occasions or just to grab a bite with family or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly unhappysadlyunhappyDined on 9/19/2014I brought my father for a nice lunch. I'm a retired Chef and understand what goes on in the kitchen. Stuffed mushrooms, pinch of nothing in them. Dinner salad, asked for Romaine. Gave us the flat tasteless green ends (crispy romaine cuts for Caesar always ready?) and Bleu Cheese dressing was flat like someone poured Ranch in with the Bleu. We barely ate half and push the plates aside. Onion rings were very sad (pre-made. We saw Beer Battered Shrimp on the menu, so we thought Onion Rings would be fresh. I understand costs, cutting corners at lunch like this won't make us want to suggest it with friends later. Lunch here like eating at 'Denny's'. The Server was excellent and the coffee was very good. So sorry to say this, but true.
- Great food and serviceseanc623VIPDined on 9/12/2014Food and service were great. Best prime rib in town!Special Features:
- Eat in the barLadyBrokerDined on 8/29/2014The service is just as good, and you can relax a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- early dinnerniceviewDined on 8/22/2014We had dinner on Friday evening, we were celebrating our anniversary. Had a nice quiet booth upstairs. Dinner was great, always is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experience. Great prime rib.OMGfoodDined on 8/15/2014I love their prime rib! Tender, juicy and tasty. It wasn't fatty. The table salad presentation was pretty unique. It was like a salad buffet but served by your server. Our waitress was terrific...just the right amount of attention without being intrusive. We would definitely come back and maybe bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, steak was lackinglike2eatDined on 8/12/2014For a steak house, the steak should be the best part of the visit. Unfortunately, our New York steaks were thin, over-cooked (we ordered medium-rare), and underwhelming. One of our party had the rib-eye, and said it was quite good, though. I understand that the prime rib is the house specialty, maybe we should have gotten that. The tableside salad was a nice twist, and was very fresh and crisp. On the other hand, the service was superb, and the music - light blues - was a refreshing change. It's is a fairly quiet place, and we enjoyed the ambiance.Special Features:
- Commentsbadbadbad12Dined on 8/9/2014The only downfall i consider about going to this restaurant was the service we received. The waitress took extremely too long too attend to us. A larger party came and left before we did! I mean how is that possible when it was just two! It was the most frustrating thing after one point i did not even care about the food i just wanted to leave! To show how long he took, we asked for our check and the entire process for us walk out payed took about 25 min! That was the longest i ever had to wait! And also we ordered stuffed mushrooms, and i actually found entire pieces of crab shell. Inedible! I would not recommend this place, there are better steakhouses around SD.Special Features:
- The following 97 reviews are from the Hunter Steakhouse - Mission Valley reviews archive.
- Delicious!TEarlingDined on 7/18/2014On a resent trip to San Diego my husband and I found Hunter Steakhouse through URBAN SPOON. Had good ratings so we thought we'd give it a try. So happy we did! We ended up eating there 4 nights out of 7. Tender and juicy stakes. Great drinks! Sam works Friday and Saturday, Pure magic. If your in the area, go. If you live in the area, I envy you.Special Features:
- Time for High SchoolOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/15/2014Was a good place to spend time with a old high school friend. It was OK, but it just might be time to update the décor and menu.
- Great Prime RibMrsCDined on 7/9/2014This was my first time visiting Hunter Steakhouse. We choose the perfect night to go, it wasn't overcrowded, our waitress was excellent, and the food was superb! I will definitely be returning here during my trips to San Diego!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014This restaurant had great steaks. They were not only flavorful but the portions were huge. I loved the portable salad bar that was brought to table. The kids meals were huge and my daughter's steak was an excellent sirloin cut very tender.Special Features:
- UnfriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014Had a friday night reservation for dinner at 8:15. We were greeted by very unfriendly and crumpy looking hostess. She was standing there with her arms crossed when we walked into the restaurant. Were seated and there was no champagne. Very bad start to dinner.
- Awesome placeDunemanDined on 6/26/2014This was great. It was my anniversary and the manager took great care to make sure flowers were waiting on the table. Awesome service. Great food. Good night!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clean - Nice wine - Great FoodJBrownDined on 6/25/2014My wife and I celebrated our 31st wedding Anniversary at this restaurant and we are so pleased we did. They helped me in a surprise of an orchid delivery for my wife and provided a terrific complimentary dessert. The Food was awesome and the price was far less than we expected when we first walked in as saw how nice and spotlessly clean the place is. We recommend this to anyone looking for a super dinner without the heartburn of a high tab. You can't beat the food, at any price. The service was so friendly and inviting that we have already recommended Hunter's Steakhouse to some of our friends and have placed it on our list of favorite places to go when we go out for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceHungry1Dined on 6/15/2014The food and service never disappoint. It was Father's Day and this is a nice place to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the prime ribalexanderlittlestarDined on 6/14/2014We went there on Saturday evening to celebrate fathers day, I really have to say Kristopher the waiter was very attentive and full of energy, he made our dinner special. The food was excellent, and the list of wine was pretty good too. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Dining experienceLuv2dinDined on 6/14/2014Hunters was fabulous. Service and food incredible. Steaks cooked spot on. I had noted in my reservation that is was a special birthday and that wasn't passed on to the server but after mentioned he apologized and made it special after all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what was expectedFood4lifeDined on 6/13/2014We went for our summer team lunch we were all disappointed in the food quality as well as the service. The appetizers were forgotten, the blacken seasoning was like it was dumped on the mahi mahi and one of the orders was delayed 20 mins so everyone had eaten by the time it was brought to the table. The forgotten and late food was removed from the bill but the money was not the point of the luncheon. We will not be returning nor referring this location to anyone we know.
- Great First ExperienceCynthiaDined on 6/7/2014As the name suggests, the atmosphere is one of a lodge. The size is deceiving from the outside. There are multiple seating areas. We had a 4:15 reservation and were the fourth table seated. There were two small children at the table nearby but they were well behaved and the noise level was acceptable (I think the rugs and furniture absorbed most of it). By 5:30 the activity was picking up. Our server Lennon (spelling?), was phenomenal and made our dining experience that much more enjoyable. We enjoyed the tableside salad bar (GREAT idea!), our prime rib was excellently prepared, and at Lennon's suggestion we tried the mud pie for dessert and were delighted at the way it went with our 2nd glass of Merlot.Special Features:
- On The RunJClcdcDined on 4/25/2014The employees seemed to be pre-occupied with other things...hurray, hurray, hurray...had to keep asking for items!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eaglemrc1Dined on 4/20/2014food was as good as always. So sad that the one in Arizona is not open any more. Always enjoyed going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pick another resturantFrogsLeapDined on 4/4/2014Unfortunately we were quite disappointed with both the service and food. After arriving and being sat it took over twenty minutes and my husband going to the hostess to finally get waters. I would not recommend eating here. The quality of food and the way it was cooked was even more disappointing than the service.