38 MacDougal St.
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hundredacresnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 475-7500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday noon to 11pm
Saturday and Sunday brunch 10:30am to 3pm
Saturday dinner 5:30pm to 11pm
Sunday dinner 5:30pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chester Gerl
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private and semi-private dining for up to 100 guests for a sit down dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Molly Cohen 2124757500
A word from Hundred Acres
Located in the heart of SoHo, Hundred Acres offers a welcome respite for guests to enjoy a simple, delicious meal in a casual environment. Hundred Acres presents rustic American cuisine, crafted daily based on the market's freshest selections. Whether a salad of market vegetables served in a large wooden bowl or a grilled pork steal. Equally as affordable as the menu itself, Hundred Acres' wine program and selection of American micro-brews, served in 20 oz. bottles, complete the restaurant's accessible nature and sense of community.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hundred Acres reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (118)fit for foodies (108)great for brunch (87)good for groups (60)great for lunch (50)romantic (45)hot spot (35)special occasion (34)vibrant bar scene (18)great for outdoor dining (9)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Reservation policyLouisianaDined on 11/16/2014I don't like having to wait to be seated when I have a reservation that has been confirmed twice over, when my whole party has not arrived at the restaurant at the same time. If I have confirmed a reservation with your receptionist, I expect to be seated when I arrive. I don't like waiting - this isn't a diner with diner prices and it is not convenient to wait in the entrance-way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchAKBMDined on 11/16/2014Great brunch on a Sunday morning in SOHO. As a matter of fact, one of the best "brunches" we´ve ever had. We had the goat cheese-sage bread pudding with pouched eggs, spinach and lemon butter alongside the buttermilk pancakes, absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fantastic Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I am from Mississippi…what a fun 'spin' on Southern Cuisine!! Everything was fantastic. The Pear & Goat cheese Flatbread was amazing. Actually, everything we had was! Thanks for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Treat In SOHOChantillyDined on 11/14/2014Had an amazing lunch here with a friend from out of town. She had the vegetable gumbo which was delish. I had one of the best burgers ever. Staff was lovely, friendly and efficient, The restaurant was busy but we didn't feel rushed to have our table cleared. It's a true gem and will recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousRachelMBDined on 11/13/2014Our server was really attentive and sweet. The food was great, I would definitely eat here again. Probably order less since our bill was almost $200 for 2 people. Ah! But it was great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food BUT...DVinNYCDined on 11/8/2014...extremely inattentive service in a crowded front room.Special Features:
- Great atmoshpere, low key approachMASHDined on 11/7/2014There was a terrific vibe to the setting. The waitress was knowledgeable and the food was expertly prepared. The wine list was could have been more robust but the price points were excellent. We had the roasted chicken which was superb and kale salad was great. The sundae desert was wonderful. I would recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and neighbourhood buzzjaneeDined on 11/2/2014we went for dinner on a Sunday night in November and it was very quiet with few diners. we were in the front by the street and it was very COOL -- take a sweater. loved everything about it.Special Features:
- ConsistentBKOKDined on 10/30/2014I like the vibe and the room best of all. The food is consistently good, but not mind blowing. The service was disappointing. It was as though our waitress was serving by rote with no personal interaction. I felt as though we were taking too long and imposing. The quality of service didn't match the dining experience they created or asked you to pay for.Special Features:
- Great Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Absolutely delicious market-to-table fare, served in a warm, yet vibrant atmosphere. Prompt accommodation of a large & varied group..... Something seasonal for everyone on the menu! Wonderful experience all round.Special Features:
- DivinePrincess7VIPDined on 10/25/2014Food delicious and accommodated my Gluten allergy---no problem. Ambiance is also amazing here. Service great. Love Hundred Acres esp in Autumn and Winter b/c so cozy and lovely.Special Features:
- Nice Ambiance, Okay FoodLylteaDined on 10/25/2014I really enjoyed the ambience and the drinks. The food was just meh. It wasn't bad, but also wasn't great for the price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014I've had brunch and dinner here once before. The food is delicious and the service was great the first two times, but when I dined last time it was not good at all. The music didn't fit the space...I love hip hop but with a farm to table place it just doesn't fit. The service was horrible. My friend and I were waiting for a table, we couldn't transfer our bill and had to close out when the hostess told us our table was ready. I'm not sure if she forgot about us, but I had to go back and ask her about our table. We closed our tab at the bar to move to a table and the hostess did not help carry the drinks or plate of food we were eating at the bar.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014A group of friends and I had dinner here last week and it was perfect. They put us at the big round table in the back corner, which was great for having a conversation. The food was superb. The chicken liver mousse, catfish, deviled eggs and gumbo were all out of this world. The best thing was probably the house-made agnolotti, totally melts in your mouth.Special Features:
- Hundred MiraclesLouisianaDined on 10/23/2014This reservation was done on a whim, in which case you have a 50/50 chance of excellence or disappointment. What we experienced was a 100 per cent dining experience of excellence. The food was absolutely delicious and that pimento cheese is some of the best I ever ate, and that fried catfish was just as good as home, and I am from the deep south, and I know this food better than most in New York. We will be back and i am planning on taking business lunches and dinners there - the host was most commodating and kind.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotmaribethDined on 10/22/2014This neighborhood gem offers great lunch entrees and sandwiches. The produce was very fresh and the "unfussyness" of the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Lovely SpotDirtyMartiniDined on 10/12/2014Warm inviting and great food. Good combo of rustic chic , modern art, and fabulous natural light. Well done.Special Features:
- Our new favoritepaprikajVIPDined on 10/10/2014We love the Southern inspired menu, the comfortable decor, the friendly service and the delicious dishes. I love the grits! It is a perfect lunch spot but we would love to try it for breakfast or brunch too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAmandaDined on 10/4/2014Even on a Saturday afternoon when it was pouring outside, this place was packed! Server was friendly and had good recommendations for the menu. Food was delicious and great portions. Can't go wrong with the classic bloody mary.Special Features:
- Something missingkeenerVIPDined on 10/3/2014I was ready to give Hundred Acres a good review until we got our main courses. The restaurant was busy, service attentive, ambiance comfortable and we enjoyed the nicely spiced hushpuppies appetizer. My son and I each ordered a fish main dish (catfish and merluza - a whitefish I had never heard of), both of which sounded (and looked) delicious. The combination of other ingredients seemed really interesting, but neither had much flavor. I had to ask for pepper, which I rarely add when dining out, and it didn't help much. The third dish, a pasta, was quite ordinary as well, although given a pop of flavor with dried cherries. With all the other restaurant options in the area, I don't think we'll return to Hundred Acres.
- Business lunch for foodiesSAWSAWSAWVIPDined on 10/2/2014Yummy meal. Shrimp Po'boy was tweaked in interesting ways. Would have preferred salad to fries (although they were good) - I should have asked. My client had a really good fish dish. (The "cod" according to our waiter although it wasn't called that.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodTooManyRestaurantsVIPDined on 10/2/2014This is a reliable neighborhood place that I've found particularly good for business lunches -- not too noisy even though the tables are close together (not atypical for most NY restaurants). Food and service is always good and the prices are acceptable, even if you're not on an expense account.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2014The five of us all selected different entrees and each one was delicious and well-prepared, all with great depths of flavors. Hanger steak and gumbo were standouts. Appetizers and desserts were superb and our waiter, Aaron was a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time. Nice and homey.LAOwDined on 9/28/2014Never a miss with Hundred Acres. The perfect neighborhood spot. Great for families, brunches and late-night drinks.Special Features:
- Delish in the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Great find with a laid back vibe and great, original food. There's a focus on seasonal items, which is awesome because the menu's always got something new!Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodmelmouDined on 9/25/2014Great service, food was just delicious. It was a little loud sitting by the bar, but the food and service made up for itSpecial Features:
- Loved Hundred AcresmezaustraliaVIPDined on 9/20/2014Really enjoyed the fresh seasonal produce. Service friendly and efficient and wonderful ambience. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Food delicious but felt rushedCatuDined on 9/20/2014Food and drinks are delicious. Ambiance is warm, inviting and trendy. They serve cornbread! However, service felt very rushed on this visit.Special Features:
- idiotic servicedonlopeaguirreVIPDined on 9/20/2014Look, I know you want to turn the table and move people along. You have a business to run. But when you actively, openly *pressure* me to order NOW urgently NOW, you are rude, unprofessional, and counter-productive. Ive been here a few times, always a good meal, but our server was terrible. And it was happening all around us, from other servers - almost like it was a competition to see how fast they could move you along. Management needs to either 1, change their policy, or 2, intervene on rogue staffers who are ruining dining experiences. Good luck to all you diners out there - its a roll of the dice apparently.Special Features:
- Hundred Percent Effort AgainadubsDined on 9/19/2014I often say Hundred Acres is my favorite restaurant in the City. I have been there for several special occasions and the dinners and drinks are always top notch. This most recent experience we had a thoughtful server who did not rush us and offered advice on the food and drink menu.Special Features:
- Neighbor23VIPDined on 9/19/2014I can't understand how such a good restaurant claimed not having whole wheat bread for a 9 AM breakfast. Apology does not justify it.Special Features:
- Awesome!DappaDined on 9/18/2014Great atmosphere, outstanding food and excellant service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely week night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/17/2014The food was fresh and light - my aunt and I both love good food and left very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time....that I loved my dishroronycVIPDined on 9/17/2014Merluza dish was excellent. Small portions, but good.....I would at least expected 3 small pieces rather than 2 small cuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the cinnamon buns to die forMariannDined on 9/14/2014I love sweet stuff and so the cinnamon buns were an obvious choice to share. I was not disappointed: they were delicious. I also love the brunch menu items and the cocktails. The southern sweet tea is really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingpnt225VIPDined on 9/14/2014This is one of those places that you're not sure if anyone likes. The food is odd and while some of it sounds good - the execution lacked in everything we tried. We didn't even have success with drink orders. The donut balls were uncooked in the middle. The standard breakfast entrees were just one thing off to not be tasty. I'm an adventurous eater, but this place is just mediocre. The restaurant itself is stunning. They just need new food.
- Hidden GemfantasticfoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014I lucked into an 11am reservation on a Sunday only about 2 hours before and when we arrived we were promptly seated even though one of our party was still on her way. Our waiter, Aaron was wonderful, charismatic and very interactive with my four year old brother. He did an excellent job on selling us on the drinks and food. I wasn't blown away by the food- the pancakes I ordered were nothing special. My mom really enjoyed her turkey hash though. What was delish was the muffin as part of the bread plate and to be fair, Aaron did suggest the cinnamon rolls that looked amazing. We had the watermelon bellinis and they were very tasty! They played great music and I'd definitely go back again to try lunch.Special Features:
- 100x what I anticipatedt182288VIPDined on 9/6/2014I heard great things about this place but mostly about brunch. We had dinner here with my boyfriend and his father for their birthdays and it was awesome. Our waitress was attentive but not pushy. She answered all of our questions. The menu is interesting but not where you can't pronounce things on the menu. The oysters were awesome, my drink was a heavy pour and my steak was cooked perfectly. It was a great night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood, quaint.NYCvisitorDined on 9/5/2014The neighborhood, ambiance and service were great. The food was good, but, not outstanding. Would likely try another dish (hangar steak) as mine was average.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!CasperCDined on 8/30/2014We had brunch over Labor Day weekend and it was great. We had the cinnamon buns and beignets for the table and they were both delicious. The beignets were light and fluffly, cinnamon buns were perfectly gooey and cinnamon-ey. The soft scrambled eggs with veggies was delicious, but the jalapeno grits were the standout for me. Super creamy and fluffy. Other dishes at our table were the baked eggs with black beans and the french toast. The french toast was the only dish that didn't completely satisfy, it really needed more fruit or syrup. The bread was very thick, which is a good thing, but it was a tad dry. Other than the french toast, every dish was tasty and satisfying!Special Features: