Humuhumu - Grand Wailea
3850 Wailea Alanui Dr.
Wailea, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
Humuhumu - Grand Wailea
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wailearesortdining.com/
- Phone: 8088751234x4900
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Polynesian
- Executive Chef: Michael Lofaro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Humuhumunukunukuapua’a - Hana Room is a spacious private section of the restaurant available to seat up to 45 people with views of our salt water lagoon and serene waterfall backdrop. Full restaurant buyout also available.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Reservations 8088751234x4900
A word from Humuhumu - Grand Wailea
Voted "Best Resort Restaurant;" and "Best Ambiance,"Maui News Readers Choice, Readers Choice Awards 2009-2011. "Best Table for Two," and "Most Romantic Table," ISLANDS Magazine, "Best of the World's" editor's choice, 2009, 2012 and 2013.Romantic and exotic, this Maui ocean side restaurant offers the most spectacular sunset views. Named after Hawaii's state fish, the Polynesian thatch roof restaurant seems to float on a million-gallon saltwater lagoon filled with tropical fish. Select your own lobster from the lagoon or savor delicious Island fish and meat entrees with Polynesian or Hawaiian influences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Humuhumu - Grand Wailea - Best Restaurants in Wailea ›
Humuhumu - Grand Wailea reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (99)great for outdoor dining (92)romantic (88)special occasion (72)fit for foodies (38)kid-friendly (25)good for groups (23)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (12)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Location location locationHawaiiDined on 8/27/2014This dinner spot at the Grand Wailea Resort on Maui south side is the perfect spot if younwant trendy ocean views romantic ocean breeze and an expensive meal. Food is decent, but this place is all about the location. As an added bonus to our dinner Huey Lewis was playing a private concert on the grass next door.Special Features:
- Alex MarquezATX2013Dined on 8/24/2014Great ambiance and even better food! Larry was our server, he was amazing and very attentive! They made it a memorable nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014I'm so glad I chose this restaurant, the mahi-mahi was perfect, the service was very attentive, if fact, Wendy worked in the same town I came from in Wash. i loved it and will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewCharleysDined on 8/23/2014The view is great and the food was awesome. Had the surf n turf and was prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- Fine dining at its best!SeagalDined on 8/23/2014Expect to spend at least $50 to $75 per person to dine here. The price is a bit on the high side for a family of three on a budget but it is worth it. We ordered and shared the rack of lamb with ratatouille, opah fish over black forbidden rice and the surf and turf. Good portion size. By the end of the meal there was nothing to lick off the plate. It was that delicious. Save your stomach for the Humu pie, a dessert built on Oreo cookies and layered with Kona and Macadamia nut ice cream. One of a kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Resort RestaurantTroutLakerDined on 8/22/2014We were staying at the Grand Wailea and really enjoyed our dinner at Humuhumu. I had the filet and my wife enjoyed the mac nut crusted Mahi Mahi, both meals were a delight. The filet was cooked perfectly. The pleasant surprise of the evening, in addition to the lovely lagoon-style setting, was the selection and high quality of the kid menu. Our children enjoy salads and fresh options so it was great that Humuhumu provided options that were much more than a "happy meal".Special Features:
- YumaYumaGimmefoodDined on 8/19/2014Liked this place a lot - especially with two small kids. Service friendly and efficient. Food overall tastey. Only complaint was that salad was overdressed so it was too tart. Lobster was overlooked. Everything else we ordered was really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over water diningBoza2211Dined on 8/17/2014We read a few reviews about Humus and whilst the food and wine were good, the poor waitress was so busy in her "section" that we were ignored for long periods of time. In a strange way that meant we were not rushed and could enjoy the venue more. I thought the food was good but inmho a little overpriced compared to some other places in Wailea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLRyanDined on 8/17/2014We love this restaurant! Food & service was fabulous!! My kids loved it too- healthy kids meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hawaiian/American cuisineTommyNDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant could be anywhere and it would be fantastic but the fact that it is literally on the sand of the Pacific Ocean (Grand Wailea in Maui) makes this foodie experience, scenic and romantic at the same time. This makes a fantastic dating experience. I took my family including 2 teen age boys and we had a great time. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT ROMANTIC GETAWAYROMANCEDined on 8/15/2014Fantastic place to stay if you're in the mood for romance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond expectation!Expnsv1Dined on 8/15/2014Celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with our family. The staff was so accommodating. The food was amazing. Recommend the Mahi Mahi or steak or the excellent pork short ribs. Drinks were very islands style with some in coconuts. Save room for dessert. The coconut cream dessert was amazing and came with a nice Congratulations written in chocolateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014Food was either bland or salty and hotel rooms had a lot of bees and my husband was actually bitten, hotel manager blamed us that we did not move at 11 o'clock at night
- Not ImpressedBonnieJDined on 8/13/2014The staff was great, seemed like they were spread a little thin. Fish was overcooked, for the price we were not impressed.Special Features:
- Great name, great timeTranDined on 8/9/2014To be honest, we went here because of the fantastically long name. We were really happily surprised though with the quality of service and food here. We were also offered a wonderful table right by the water and had the wonderful backdrop of the luau's music to accompany us for dinner. In all fairness though, I don't think there could be a bad table in the place.Special Features:
- Nice but expensivelatemanDined on 8/9/2014Very pricey as you would expect from this resort. Honestly it was a bit underwhelming. Food was great, but I've had better. Service was excellent. View was great, but it is Maui. Anywhere has a wonderful view. The name piqued our curiosity, but I doubt we'll go back again... Nice if you want to spend a lot of money impressing a date...Special Features:
- Total wasteZachVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food in maui is expensive. That doesn't mean it should be a total rip off. This place is tgi Friday level bad. Spend an extra 40 bucks and go to Spago next door.
- Just OkayJohn1102Dined on 7/28/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary dinner. We had read good reviews about the restaurant, and about asking for table #70, as it was especially good ambiance. First of all, everyone should know that table #70 seats 8 people, so if they are in the least bit busy, you're not going to get it. The ambience was the best part. There is much better food and way better service elsewhere on the island.
- Poor customer serviceAbcdefDined on 7/25/2014Waitress took our order and we did not see her again until she came to ask if we wanted desert. I had ordered a mixed drink and was never asked if I wanted another. I ordered surf and turf and the lobster tail was so over cooked it was inedible! The buss boy took my plate and asked me how it was and I told him, his response was "it happens." The news finally reached our server 20 minutes later and she then said she would comp my meal. Never an apology from anyone higher up. Will not ever be returning!Special Features:
- Awesome Hawaian Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014The service was good and food was very tasty The ambiance was pretty and the ponds with the huge fish was Pretty cool to look at while waiting for dinner The only thing that took awhile was waiting for dessert besides that service was goodSpecial Features:
- Always a PleasureAvidTraveler6Dined on 7/22/2014We dine at the Humu every year while on vacation, and the experience never disappoints. The seasoned waitstaff at the bar and in the restaurant are pleasant, personable, and professional. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. We wil return again on our next trip to Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/16/2014From our delicious drinks at the bar while we waited for our table, to the appetizer (shared meaty lemongrass baby back ribs), to our main meals (Ahi loin & macadamia nut crusted Mahi), to the Humu pie, & the phenomenal service, Humu was excellent! Move over Mama's, Humu is our new fave!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok at bestEatalotoutDined on 7/15/2014Nice atmosphere. Good device. Too many kids. Food average at best and priceySpecial Features:
- Good food but chaoticfransapVIPDined on 7/12/2014The food was very good. Our server was clearly overworked, but after we ordered coffee and dessert, she acknowledged that it had been chaotic and comped dessert. It was a nice net to end on. Very loud and tables are close to each other. The lighting was difficult, but once the sun set, the lighting was easier.
- Fantastic!BeyondcookiesDined on 7/12/2014Party of 4 adults. All tried different things and everything was a hit. BOGO was a great offer and we saved over $80. Well worth the money. Great service and beautiful view.Special Features:
- ExcellentQPRsludgerDined on 7/10/2014Wonderful location, Wonderful food, Wonderful staff, ExcellentSpecial Features:
- Love Humu'sGrapesVIPDined on 7/9/2014The best sunset view in Maui! Food is delicious, well prepared and beautifully presented. Try the filet with the red wine reduction - melts in your mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breath taking view of sunsetDinersVIPDined on 7/6/2014The sunset view was a beautiful backdrop. Food was fresh, flavorful and well prepared. I had the entree size sea scallops and my daughter had the filet both were excellent. Highly recommend spending a special evening there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening Dinner at HumuHumuhawaiishineDined on 7/5/2014Waited past reservation time approx. 20 minutes....shown to table in busy area of restaurant. Requested quieter table near side of room - accommodated. Drink with dinner - Riesling - very good! Salad was excellent - fresh greens and a superb vinaigrette dressing. Entrees were the Salmon and Mahi-Mahi dishes. Both were excellent, good presentation, cooked per instructions - very happy with selection. Two French Vanilla drip coffees and Humu pie topped off the evening. Pie was outstanding!! Overall a very nice evening - I would go back again for another dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service and average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014This place was way overrated. The food was average and our waiter was a complete idiot. Orders were wrong and they rushed the whole meal with no one waiting to be seated!
- Delightful dinnerDiningisFineVIPDined on 7/5/2014Went as a Bon voyage for our son - requested sunset view and got a spectacular one. The food was outstanding and had the luau near as an extra treat. Pricy, but this is Hawaii, right?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, mediocre service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2014We had amazing food here on July 4th, the surf n turf, however, service was lacking. The hostess was not friendly at all, which makes no sense. A restaurant should have their nicest, friendliest people working the hostess stand. Our waitress also was not that great. We waited forever for our check. The place is amazing, however, there were a lot of families so it was not very romantic at all. The table next to us had a child that smashed a plate on the ground. I was glad to see no one got any cut feet/ankles. Not sure I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views at sunset!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014This restaurant provides a great outdoor dining experience. A bit noisy due to the number of children at the restaurant, but the food, service, and atmosphere were outstanding.Special Features:
- Great experience!Theia1915Dined on 7/4/2014The food was great, the service wonderful, and the view astounding. Our waiter was attentive and personable - allowing us to focus on the 'meal' portion of our evening. The food itself was excellent. The fish was cooked perfectly, and the dessert was 'to die for.' We were never rushed but instead were allowed to watch the sun set with a perfect ocean view.Special Features:
- Delicious and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2014Amazing food and fantastic service. It was our honeymoon and we got a free dessert (humu pie. So good) and they wrote congratulations on the plate! Had the mahi mahi and short ribs for dinner. Both incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All for the kidsTibfoodieVIPDined on 6/30/2014The place is cool and our two children loved it !! The food was good not great but our waiter truly made the night. You should do the prefix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tiki-style restaurant!TawnypieDined on 6/29/2014The whole restaurant looks like a huge tiki bar, a very relaxed setting. It has amazing sunset views, with a koi pond running under and all around the restaurant. It also has a man-made waterfall next to one of the dining areas. Our waitress was extremely welcoming and helpful, and even gave my son a souvenir plush fish from the resort. The prices were a little steep, but the food was delicious and the experience amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and tastySouthernDinnerDined on 6/28/2014Great experience dinning here with my wife on our honeymoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The most romatic place on Earth!LolitaDined on 6/28/2014My boyfriend and I were vacacioning in Maui and wanted to finish our stay with a very special dinner. Humuhumu exceeded our expectations and then some! A complete treat for the senses: beautiful restaurant in a gorgeous setting, wonderful service and awesome food! Thank you for making our last night in Maui even more unforgettable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary in ParadiseBlessedDined on 6/22/2014We celebrated our 45th anniversary at Humu with a spectacular sunset, delicious food artistically prepared, an attentive server who treated us to dessert....all against a backdrop of waterfalls, tiki torches, koi ponds, thatched roof huts and Hawaiian flowers. An evening to remember!Special Features: