Humuhumu - Grand Wailea
3850 Wailea Alanui Dr.
Wailea, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
Humuhumu - Grand Wailea
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wailearesortdining.com/
- Phone: 8088751234x4900
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Polynesian
- Executive Chef: Michael Lofaro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Humuhumunukunukuapua’a - Hana Room is a spacious private section of the restaurant available to seat up to 45 people with views of our salt water lagoon and serene waterfall backdrop. Full restaurant buyout also available.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Reservations 8088751234x4900
A word from Humuhumu - Grand Wailea
Voted "Best Resort Restaurant;" and "Best Ambiance,"Maui News Readers Choice, Readers Choice Awards 2009-2011. "Best Table for Two," and "Most Romantic Table," ISLANDS Magazine, "Best of the World's" editor's choice, 2009, 2012 and 2013.Romantic and exotic, this Maui ocean side restaurant offers the most spectacular sunset views. Named after Hawaii's state fish, the Polynesian thatch roof restaurant seems to float on a million-gallon saltwater lagoon filled with tropical fish. Select your own lobster from the lagoon or savor delicious Island fish and meat entrees with Polynesian or Hawaiian influences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
Humuhumu - Grand Wailea - Best Restaurants in Wailea ›
Humuhumu - Grand Wailea reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (99)great for outdoor dining (92)romantic (84)special occasion (71)fit for foodies (48)kid-friendly (29)good for groups (25)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Improvements Noticed - Thank YouDrcmauiDined on 9/19/2014It appears that with the new ownership of the Singaporean Government that things have taken a turn for the better at HumuHumu. Food, flavor profile, service and overall attitude has definitely Improved. We have lived on Maui for about 30 years so, have dined at HumuHumu since its opening. Went last year for Restaurant Week and swore we would never return. As the recipients of a Gift Certificate, we went back Friday night, 9/19. The food was delicious and hot with a eye appealing presentation. Special Occasion, Romantic Evening, Date Night, Beautiful Sunsets would all be satisfied dining at HumuHumu. Prices may be a bit stiff for some visiting Maui but, the memory will be long remembered after the cost is long forgotten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romanticLaurelVIPDined on 9/18/2014We had an excellent dinner and our waiter was very attentive. The scallops were outstanding and the surf and turf was exceptional. We saved this for our last evening on Maui and so glad we did. It was a truly memorable experience.Special Features:
- SuperbSmittyDined on 9/18/2014Great. larry great fun server. food excellent, live lobsters in pond you can select your own. (i didn't) expensive but worth it! great mai tais and good sizeSpecial Features:
- BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent view and excellent food! Chef gets five stars ***** :)Special Features:
- Great serviceMeliaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Our server, Brendan, was great! Even after our youngest dropped a glass of water, he brought him a stuffed animal (a humuhunukunuapuaa) and we continued on with our fantastic meal! Good food, a neat concept restaurant elevated over a giant fish pond complete with live lobsters, and a gorgeous view of the Wailea beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Humuhumu is Greatgreat!panzDined on 9/12/2014Another memorable meal at a fantastic restaurant! The food was awesome (scallops are my personal favorite!), the service was topnotch, and love that they are kind to Kamaainas by offering a discount on the entrees! My new favorite restaurant on Maui!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok service a let down.LiesuremanDined on 9/11/2014Lobster overcooked, fish slightly dry, sorbet took over 30 minutes to show up from when we ordered. It seems things have gone downhill from 5 years ago. Scenery is fantastic, but the high priced food/service shoul be better for the money.Special Features:
- Humuhumu is hummingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014Wonderful ambience by the carp-filled lagoon. Terrific conch chowder. Crispy snapper is superb. Very personable waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mimi78Dined on 9/10/2014The views are great and the food is very good. I can not wait to bring our granddaughters the next time they visit. The wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maui vacation with 6 family members6familychicocaDined on 9/8/2014I found this in the Fodor's Maui book. We enjoyed the peaceful beauty of the restaurant. The food and service was great. My adult daughter was able to hold a 4 lb lobster! So great. Best 8 oz. Filet ever! 2 things..go before dark to get full expierence. The drinks were ridiculously overpriced. Overall we are glad we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money!SnapperDined on 9/5/2014Fish dishes where covered with too sweet sauces. Couldn't enjoy the flavor of the fish. Salad of shaved fennel was really good.
- Great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014We were hesitant as the restaurant looks like Polynesian Village at Disney World but the service, food and ambiance was really nice. Wait staff was friendly and helpful and provided great suggestions on what to order. Highly recommend any of the fish dishes but am sure that they do everything well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent restaurant, best in the area good food, great viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location location locationHawaiiDined on 8/27/2014This dinner spot at the Grand Wailea Resort on Maui south side is the perfect spot if younwant trendy ocean views romantic ocean breeze and an expensive meal. Food is decent, but this place is all about the location. As an added bonus to our dinner Huey Lewis was playing a private concert on the grass next door.Special Features:
- Alex MarquezATX2013Dined on 8/24/2014Great ambiance and even better food! Larry was our server, he was amazing and very attentive! They made it a memorable nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014I'm so glad I chose this restaurant, the mahi-mahi was perfect, the service was very attentive, if fact, Wendy worked in the same town I came from in Wash. i loved it and will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewCharleysDined on 8/23/2014The view is great and the food was awesome. Had the surf n turf and was prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- Fine dining at its best!SeagalDined on 8/23/2014Expect to spend at least $50 to $75 per person to dine here. The price is a bit on the high side for a family of three on a budget but it is worth it. We ordered and shared the rack of lamb with ratatouille, opah fish over black forbidden rice and the surf and turf. Good portion size. By the end of the meal there was nothing to lick off the plate. It was that delicious. Save your stomach for the Humu pie, a dessert built on Oreo cookies and layered with Kona and Macadamia nut ice cream. One of a kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Resort RestaurantTroutLakerDined on 8/22/2014We were staying at the Grand Wailea and really enjoyed our dinner at Humuhumu. I had the filet and my wife enjoyed the mac nut crusted Mahi Mahi, both meals were a delight. The filet was cooked perfectly. The pleasant surprise of the evening, in addition to the lovely lagoon-style setting, was the selection and high quality of the kid menu. Our children enjoy salads and fresh options so it was great that Humuhumu provided options that were much more than a "happy meal".Special Features:
- YumaYumaGimmefoodDined on 8/19/2014Liked this place a lot - especially with two small kids. Service friendly and efficient. Food overall tastey. Only complaint was that salad was overdressed so it was too tart. Lobster was overlooked. Everything else we ordered was really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over water diningBoza2211Dined on 8/17/2014We read a few reviews about Humus and whilst the food and wine were good, the poor waitress was so busy in her "section" that we were ignored for long periods of time. In a strange way that meant we were not rushed and could enjoy the venue more. I thought the food was good but inmho a little overpriced compared to some other places in Wailea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLRyanDined on 8/17/2014We love this restaurant! Food & service was fabulous!! My kids loved it too- healthy kids meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hawaiian/American cuisineTommyNDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant could be anywhere and it would be fantastic but the fact that it is literally on the sand of the Pacific Ocean (Grand Wailea in Maui) makes this foodie experience, scenic and romantic at the same time. This makes a fantastic dating experience. I took my family including 2 teen age boys and we had a great time. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT ROMANTIC GETAWAYROMANCEDined on 8/15/2014Fantastic place to stay if you're in the mood for romance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond expectation!Expnsv1Dined on 8/15/2014Celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with our family. The staff was so accommodating. The food was amazing. Recommend the Mahi Mahi or steak or the excellent pork short ribs. Drinks were very islands style with some in coconuts. Save room for dessert. The coconut cream dessert was amazing and came with a nice Congratulations written in chocolateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014Food was either bland or salty and hotel rooms had a lot of bees and my husband was actually bitten, hotel manager blamed us that we did not move at 11 o'clock at night
- Not ImpressedBonnieJDined on 8/13/2014The staff was great, seemed like they were spread a little thin. Fish was overcooked, for the price we were not impressed.Special Features:
- Great name, great timeTranDined on 8/9/2014To be honest, we went here because of the fantastically long name. We were really happily surprised though with the quality of service and food here. We were also offered a wonderful table right by the water and had the wonderful backdrop of the luau's music to accompany us for dinner. In all fairness though, I don't think there could be a bad table in the place.Special Features:
- Nice but expensivelatemanDined on 8/9/2014Very pricey as you would expect from this resort. Honestly it was a bit underwhelming. Food was great, but I've had better. Service was excellent. View was great, but it is Maui. Anywhere has a wonderful view. The name piqued our curiosity, but I doubt we'll go back again... Nice if you want to spend a lot of money impressing a date...Special Features:
- Total wasteZachVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food in maui is expensive. That doesn't mean it should be a total rip off. This place is tgi Friday level bad. Spend an extra 40 bucks and go to Spago next door.
- Just OkayJohn1102Dined on 7/28/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary dinner. We had read good reviews about the restaurant, and about asking for table #70, as it was especially good ambiance. First of all, everyone should know that table #70 seats 8 people, so if they are in the least bit busy, you're not going to get it. The ambience was the best part. There is much better food and way better service elsewhere on the island.
- Poor customer serviceAbcdefDined on 7/25/2014Waitress took our order and we did not see her again until she came to ask if we wanted desert. I had ordered a mixed drink and was never asked if I wanted another. I ordered surf and turf and the lobster tail was so over cooked it was inedible! The buss boy took my plate and asked me how it was and I told him, his response was "it happens." The news finally reached our server 20 minutes later and she then said she would comp my meal. Never an apology from anyone higher up. Will not ever be returning!Special Features:
- Awesome Hawaian Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014The service was good and food was very tasty The ambiance was pretty and the ponds with the huge fish was Pretty cool to look at while waiting for dinner The only thing that took awhile was waiting for dessert besides that service was goodSpecial Features:
- Always a PleasureAvidTraveler6Dined on 7/22/2014We dine at the Humu every year while on vacation, and the experience never disappoints. The seasoned waitstaff at the bar and in the restaurant are pleasant, personable, and professional. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. We wil return again on our next trip to Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/16/2014From our delicious drinks at the bar while we waited for our table, to the appetizer (shared meaty lemongrass baby back ribs), to our main meals (Ahi loin & macadamia nut crusted Mahi), to the Humu pie, & the phenomenal service, Humu was excellent! Move over Mama's, Humu is our new fave!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok at bestEatalotoutDined on 7/15/2014Nice atmosphere. Good device. Too many kids. Food average at best and priceySpecial Features:
- Good food but chaoticfransapVIPDined on 7/12/2014The food was very good. Our server was clearly overworked, but after we ordered coffee and dessert, she acknowledged that it had been chaotic and comped dessert. It was a nice net to end on. Very loud and tables are close to each other. The lighting was difficult, but once the sun set, the lighting was easier.
- Fantastic!BeyondcookiesDined on 7/12/2014Party of 4 adults. All tried different things and everything was a hit. BOGO was a great offer and we saved over $80. Well worth the money. Great service and beautiful view.Special Features:
- ExcellentQPRsludgerDined on 7/10/2014Wonderful location, Wonderful food, Wonderful staff, ExcellentSpecial Features:
- Love Humu'sGrapesVIPDined on 7/9/2014The best sunset view in Maui! Food is delicious, well prepared and beautifully presented. Try the filet with the red wine reduction - melts in your mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.