2241 Shelter Island Drive
San Diego, CA 92106Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.humphreysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6192243577x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
TUE: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
WED: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
THU: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
FRI: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
SAT: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
SUN: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Executive Chef: Paul Murphy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private availability.
- Private Party Contact: Mark McIver 6193989446x280
- Entertainment: San Diego's finest live entertainment from jazz, blues, high-energy dance and rock is featured nightly in our Backstage Music Club.
Banquet Facilities: We can accommodate groups up to 1200.
A word from Humphreys Restaurant
Long regarded in San Diego and abroad as one of the city's finest waterfront restaurants, Humphreys Restaurant features Modern Global Cuisine at its finest and overlooks the marina on beautiful San Diego Bay. After dinner, dance the night away in our adjacent Backstage Music Club to the finest live entertainment San Diego has to offer. Reservations made online are for the dining room only. Sunday Brunch: $43.95 for adults, children 7-12 $19.95, 6 and under FREE!! If you want to enjoy the live jazz during your brunch, the reservation can not be made online.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Humphreys Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Point Loma ›
Humphreys Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (48)special occasion (36)great for brunch (29)romantic (24)great for lunch (13)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (12)vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (10)notable wine list (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Most Disgusting Restaurant Ever!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Appetizer was good. When I got my main course plate, I found 3 pieces of hair in my plate! We told our waitress right away. She apologized and offered another substitute. She did not charge us for our meals. Manager was also notified and came to our table where he also apologized. He said he will find out what happened and said that he will be back but he never did. We waited for him to get back to us and update us but he never came back. I would like to find out how it happened,if the food handlers were wearing hair cover. I will never recommend this restaurant to anybody. Sanitation department should be notified right away. What happened to me was preventable, and would never have happened. Finding a hair in your food is unacceptable!
- Dennys serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014We have been coming here for over 25 years and we have always enjoyed ourselves. The long drive and traffic is worth it. We had not been back for awhile, but our server treated us like she worked at Dennys. I expect a little more class to go along with the ambiance and statue of your restaurant. She rushed us and had to redo our tab because of her screw up. We are the type that enjoy our time. We are not there to eat and get out. Next time, we want to go for a nice dinner and evening, I will reconsider going there!Special Features:
- MstitaDined on 9/24/2014Restaurant week is hard to choose restaurants coz of limited time. It was my friend's birthday on Wednesday and I was looking for a place where it is relaxing with a beautiful view that she will enjoy. I chose Humprey's and it was a great choice. We enjoyed the ambiance,service and the food was delicious! I will definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place on Shelter IslandBillVIPDined on 9/23/2014This is a very good place to eat on Shelter Island. The food is very good - not tourist fare, and the location is outstanding. Service and atmosphere are very good also. We have never been disappointed here.Special Features:
- Best of Restaurant WeekMoffDined on 9/22/2014An attentive wait staff, combined with food that ranged from very good to great, combined to make this the perfect spot for a birthday celebration. During restaurant week, this is the best bargain in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very enjoyable experienceWookDined on 9/19/2014We went to Humphreys because of it's location to where we are staying and the reviews it has received. We were very pleased with the overall experience. The dining worth was very comfortable with just the right amount of lighting. The table spacing felt was such that you felt like you had some privacy. Our meals consisted of the diver scallops with the Cajun corn chowder appetizer and the three course sea bass meal. Everything was served hot, was very delicious, and had serving sizes that were satisfying but not overly filling. The diver scallops with the accompanying hash were definitely the star of the show. We will go back before this trip is over. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Would go again for special occasion. Pricey lunch but worth it. The four of us split the free birthday dessert. Fantastic marina view.Special Features:
- Brunch ar HumphreysLeaveatipDined on 9/7/2014The atmosphere was pleasant and the food was good, especially the dessert bar.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Quiet, intimate and elegant. We had a beautiful view of the sunset after which we saw how beautiful the lighting was. I had the scallops and my husband had the prime rib which he claims is the best he's ever had. Great experience.Special Features:
- MediocrejdawgDined on 8/30/2014Had breakfast here at table overlooking marina.Scenic, comfortable, good coffee. But the food was very bland and unimaginative . Coffee good and coffee server kept it coming. But main waitress was extremely slow.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchMattieDined on 8/24/2014Nice setting. A bit expensive since we were paying for 4 adults. It wasn't crowded going through the buffet which I liked. So I could go to any buffet table I liked. Food was good and the sherbet was excellent. We had a 1 PM reservation time and since our friends and us were talking they didn't try to hurry us out of there even though the luncheon was over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!PointLomaPamDined on 8/19/2014The view at Humphreys is terrific, and we enjoyed the quiet, relaxed ambience along with the great food and wine. I particularly like the salads and fish. Always good food, well presented and a nice selection.Special Features:
- great BrunchchocDined on 8/17/2014We are avid brunch goer,but lately we were having some challenges in finding a great brunch until now Humphrey is wonderful well worth the drive from Los Angeles to.San DiegoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchdblveeDined on 8/17/2014Fantastic experience - great brunch, food selection is superb. The service is top shelf - wait staff, cooks & food prep - well worth the money - great food, perfect service and terrific dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast GemwhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 8/16/2014We love to have breakfast at this gem on the marina. The view is lovely, calming. Every table has a view. The service here at breakfast is excellent. Waiters are attentive and ensure your coffee cup, water is filled as desired. Breakfast menu has everything at an incredibly fair price. Every item we've ever ordered here is prepared well. Just love this place for breakfast! Shh...don't tell too many people though or it won't be so easy to get a reservation at the last minute for breakfast. Concerts here are fantastic. This is an intimate venue. A great experience, especially if you do the dinner package. The bar is fun. Sunday brunch is excellent. This establishment has been a staple in San Diego for YEARS.... it rocks!
- Food and view are great!foodieyumyumDined on 8/3/2014I will start with the positive things: the food was good, lots of variety, the view is amazing, and our waitress was very friendly and attentive. With that said I will not be returning to this establishment the front of the house was incredibly rude they completely turned me off from ever returning! I called bc we were running about 5 min late for our reservation and the receptionist was very rude her response was," well your 2 hour limit has already started so get here when you get here but you have to be done by 2!" I was very taken back by her tone and how rude she was. I get the time limit but to be rude unacceptable! When we arrived she told me the same thing in an even nastier tone the rest of my party was very turned off!Special Features:
- great view and great foodtraveled2Dined on 7/31/2014had an enjoyable start to our day with a great breakfast and a great viewSpecial Features:
- Lunch on the HarbortylerdonnaDined on 7/26/2014Beautiful spot to enjoy lunch overlooking the San Diego Bay and its many sailboats, as well as stand up paddleboarders paddle by. The food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- Not GreatKittyVIPDined on 7/24/2014Went for lunch. It is a nice menu but the food isn't great. The calamari is bland and too breaded, the hummus is boring and the crab melt is fishy and not pleasant. Quite a disappointment.Special Features:
- Food ServerthemanDined on 7/21/2014Excellent service. Our waiter has been with Humprey's 26 years. That says a lot.Special Features:
- Best Brunch I've Ever HadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014This was really Ana amazing dining experience. I gave the food a 4/5 because my mom had wished they had yogurt and a few other things. Expensive but very worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Great Restuarant, but Brunch hours need to be update on Open Table, I had to wait 30 minutes to be seated after my scheduled seating due to the operational hours being incorrect.Special Features:
- New to San DiegoOZZYDined on 7/13/2014A real treat!! Great view and excellent food. The live music was a total bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It makes dining an experience.4alarkVIPDined on 7/13/2014Sunday brunch here is an event you shouldn't miss.Special Features:
- great ambience and foodlc23Dined on 7/10/2014The title says it all. We loved the appetizers and the main courses. Noise level was absent so we enjoyed excellent conversation with our friends. Good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BrunchEscondidoFoodieDined on 6/29/2014Brunch on Sunday was our first experience at Humphreys. It was great. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. Food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David SmithOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014The food was amazing. We sat next to the big windows overlooking the bay, it was wonderful. Our waitress was not the greatest, however the other wait staff around helped us out and they were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View with Uneven FoodkiwirugbyDined on 6/28/2014Typical of the kind of theme-based restaurant (Hawaii/Pacific) a little kitsch but with a good view of the marina off Shelter Island in San Diego. After having asked for the music to be turned down, we settled in. Shared a mixed plate appetizer, followed by scallops and lobster risotto. The latter was dreadful tasting more of beef broth and with very little lobster. Scallops were fresh and no over cooked. Excellent! The wine list is, as one might expect, over-priced and very limited for those who tastes tend towards the more natural tasting grapes (e.g., no oak). Service was all right, but not that attentive. I would not repeat.Special Features:
- Review of Humphreys1greatchoiceDined on 6/27/2014This is one of the best restaurants in Point Loma. I eat there frequently and am never disappointed in the food and the service. The menu changes occasionally, but they seem to keep some favorites on board for the regular diners. The view of the marina and San Diego Bay particularly enhances the dining experience. I particularly appreciate the fact that the noise level is not so loud (as in many restaurants) that you can hear one another talk.Special Features:
- Great food!Freeninja40Dined on 6/25/2014The restaurant was great! The food was spectacular! If we could of licked our plates we would of ! Very tasty food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less then perfect but still goodLovefoodandwineVIPDined on 6/22/2014I guess from previous visits I expected the food to be better. Most of it was good but not great. Variety was spectacular as usual. Wonderful table by the window. No shortage of anything. The oysters tasted off and the Benedict eggs were herd cooked. Shrimp was tender but bland. We had a reservation at 12:15 and yes we were 10 minutes late but we still had to wait 20 more minutes to be seated. Reccomend get there early.Special Features:
- Good food, SLOW servicedbmsnurseDined on 6/20/2014We were entertaining clients, and decided to try this place. We arrived at 12:45 and were seated promptly at a nice window table. There were 3 other tables with diners, otherwise the place was empty. To make a long story short, we were there for over one and a half hours, which, considering we ordered nothing exotic or requiring extra prep, was ridiculous. There were only 5 of us, we ordered only 1 round of soft drinks, one appetizer, our main meals, and 2 desserts, so we should have been finished in one hour. As there were so few other patrons we were surprised at how long it took for each course. As far as the food, everything was delicious, especially the sea bass and the bread pudding, just don't go if you have a timetable to keep!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration SpotMissTDined on 6/15/2014We had a great Father's Day meal. I recommend Humphrey's!!Special Features:
- No ReservationDisappointedDined on 6/15/2014Fathers Day Brunch at Humpherys. We drove 105 miles one way to find that your site was WRONG. We did not have a reservation for brunch. No apologies from the Restaurant. I even emailed the manager directly. Poor customer service. Very disappointed.
- open table failSarahDined on 6/15/2014Open table allowed me to make father's day reservations at 8am and when we arrived the hostess looked perplexed. She looked at us and then looked at the empty restaurant and asked "you aren't here for the father's day brunch, are you?" We clearly were there as a family for brunch. She said that it was not starting for another two hours. I asked what we could do and after talking to two other servers, they informed me that there would be no way our family would be enjoying brunch there. When I informed them that there would probably be more people with reservations through open table like me, instead of offering to contact the "several parties" due in at 8:30, the server decided they would just let those families come in to find out.Special Features:
- Megro76Dined on 6/12/2014Found it. To be very noisy. Open like a barn. Not romantic. Food good. But overall lacked atmosphere. Was there years ago. Liked it better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost PerfectBob83Dined on 6/11/2014My wife and I dined at Humphrey's for our June 11th anniversary. It was a Wednesday night which I much prefer to weekend crowds. The room was about 60% full and the service from our waitress, Joanne, nothing less than perfect. My wife ordered the Seabass which she described as ample, very flavorful but perhaps a bit on the dry side. I had the Snapper, again flavorful, not at all dry but I thought the serving size to be stingy as the actual fish was only about a quarter inch thick. The saving grace was the bed of crab pancakes (like dressing) under the fish. We did receive a comp desert. Just a little bit of improvement to these food issues would result in five stars, but nevertheless, on special occasions, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014The room was not as pictured on your website. Furniture was tired and dirty. We had a reservation but were not seated on time. Food was fair.
- Another Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2014I always bring visiting friends and family to Humphrey's for brunch when they visit San Diego. It's a great way to end a great week in San Diego. The food and service are always good. Thanks for making my group feel special, AGAIN :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XCLNT 20yr Anniversary Dinner setngMeAndMrsJonesDined on 6/7/2014Out meals were highly acceptional & perfectly cooked & seasoned to perfection. Easy in most cases, but the wide selection if Gluten Free entrees & desserts, one would likely never guess these were hand made unsurpassed specialties! Cremé brûlée was the lightest velvet, the marscipone was truly amazing w/ the passion fruit sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.