851 Sixth Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eventihotel.com/chelsea-restaurant/dining_restaurant.html
- Phone: 2122014065
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner (Sunday-Thursday): 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner (Friday & Saturday): 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chai Trivedi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full in-house catering, contemporary cuisine, custom menus available.
- Special Events: Our special events include cocktail receptions and full sit down dinners, and groups from 40-400 people.
A word from Humphrey
This open air venue, featuring a retractable glass ceiling and windows serves top notch cuisine in the heart of Chelsea. With smiling service, Humphrey brings the best of New York to your table. Located on the terrace of the Eventi Hotel, the restaurant has optimal city views, the perfect environment to enjoy a delicious meal with quality wine and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Humphrey reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (2)scenic view (2)romantic (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great for work dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/22/2014We had a table of six and they were able to seat us immediately. They were very nice and super helpful. The pasta special that I had was outstanding.Special Features:
- InterestingmlstDined on 10/9/2014Clearly it is still finding its positioning. It is not clear what it wants to be beyond a hotel dining spot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply lovely and delicious!CindyVIPDined on 9/22/2014Great food, excellent service. Friendly staff. Lovely menu with enough variety not to feel overwhelmed by the choices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and great servicenahchoDined on 8/14/2014The place is modern chic and offers great - tasting food for any meal of the day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a beautiful little spotBeedubVIPDined on 8/2/2014Totally blown away by the great view and outdoor feeling! They serve the most amazing popovers upon arrival! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 30 reviews are from the Humphrey reviews archive.
- Slow and inedptBrianDined on 6/21/2014Had dinner saturday night. We sat down at 5:45. There were 3 other tables seated the rest were empty. It took 15 minutes before we could order drinks. My wife and I both ordered an appetizer and main course. Her main course came out first with my appetizer. We thought it was strange but went with it. So now were are 40 minutes in. At this point with no entree and the long wait I asked for the check. 15 minutes later we still had no check. My wife went to find the waiter and ask for the check again. He said that the food was being prepared and on the way out. It was now after 7:15. We ended up leaving. Keep in mind we were 1 of 5 tables at this point.
- shameMikeRDVIPDined on 6/21/2014The restaurant providea a nice outdoor experience but the service was abysmal and that view was shared by others. No attention. Food came late and the check too more than a half hour to get. There weren't even explanations as to what the issue was Wouldn't go again
- Wonderful but disappointedHavingfunVIPDined on 6/8/2014Wonderful lunch but on Sunday at 1:00 the breakfast/brunch menu should have been available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best business lunch spot in areadowntowndinerDined on 5/20/2014We're always searching for lunch meeting spots between the east side and west side in the 20s and 30s. In the midst of the food desert that is Penn Station and Herald Square, we found this oasis. The way the street entrance is set up, you hardly notice it's in a hotel. The food is extraordinarily well-prepared and -presented and compares well to any business lunch restaurant in Manhattan. Starting with the delicious popovers (one per person) and continuing through appetizers and main course, everything was flawless. We didn't try dessert this time because we ran short on time (our fault, not the restaurant's), but definitely will next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/7/2014Tricky neighborhood, classy, yet casual place. Service excellent. Food expensive for what it was. Good for business lunch. Popover was tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2014This was the first time dining here after walking by it dozens of times. The restaurant is part of the Eventi hotel. They have a very nice menu although limited. The food was very good. I had a table for 2 and we were the only ones in the restaurant. I had a burger and my partner had the turkey club. Both delicious. The only thing I have to say is that the bar should always be open which it was not and we could not get a cocktail. They were serving wine or beer only. The restaurant décor is dated and has a cafeteria look. Definitely not a romantic or hip happening place. Would I go back? Yes. After all it's all about the food and it was delicious.
- Quiet oasisNew2nycDined on 2/22/2014This is our second time here and for us a beautiful setting for dinner before Broadway. The ambiance with the greenery makes you feel like your having dinner in the park. We both had salads which were interesting and very filling. The popovers to start are a very nice touch! We brought friends and they loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huevos RancherosJackieAVIPDined on 1/24/2014The huevos rancheros at Humphrey's is delicious! Amazing flavor. The waitstaff was quite attentive to our needs. It was a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good StuffGarnetwestDined on 1/17/2014Nice restaurant inside of the Aventi Hotel on Sixth Avenue. Great sun drenched outdoor patio....enclosed and heated in the winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lacking atmosphereAMartinDined on 12/31/2013We ate dinner on New Year's Eve and was surprised to find there wasn't a special New Year's Eve menu in place as indicated on the website. The restaurant had a great outdoor-indoor feel but was dimly lit. The staff seemed to be busy as the night progressed and more tables became occupied. The food was fantastic until we got to dessert. The Apple Tarte Tatin was served cold as was the Choclate Lava Cake. The waiter made no attempt to offer coffee with dessert which we had to ask for. Overall a good meal. The menu needs a little spicing up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHarryHoudiniVIPDined on 12/27/2013Humphrey's has a very limited menu that is a poor value. The wine list doesn't have a bottle under $50. Perhaps it works for out of town guests but for someone who is local there are so many better choices. Service was silly as they were training a new server who obviously had never done this before. I don't expect this type of service at a restaurant at this level.
- inside of a snow globeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013Wonderful ambiance in the snow storm.......... We enjoyed the evanti outside big screen.Special Features:
- This place was okayemveeDined on 10/16/2013Humphrey was a cool spot, food was nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice overpriced empty greenhouseboozeBrunchVeteranDined on 10/6/2013The menu prices are about 25% higher than mentioned online, and beyond that somehow our one plate each and alcohol-free (I was there with my parents) brunch cost $40/person. The atmosphere was nice and rather empty, but the glass cover was down and it was quite warm. There was a nice view of a brick wall, an electronic billboard, the top of a hedge, and the sound of jackhammer nearby. Service was nice and the food was pretty good but not nearly worth the price.Special Features:
- A pleasant spotBrunchLover123VIPDined on 10/1/2013Lovely space, especially when they open it up to the outdoors. Delicious brunch. Service could be more attentive though.Special Features:
- Off the beaten pathKMo1VIPDined on 9/22/2013There are so many little places in and around Penn Station but I think Humphrey's is often overlooked because it is in the Eventi. The restaurant is in a side atrium the lounge and bar area are vibrant on different nights - but when I went they were both quiet. I have been here twice and both times the food was delicious - once I had a beautifully prepared NY strip and the second time a lovely grilled cheese and tomatoe soup! Nothing like comfort food. The menu is nice; the staff attentive. My only compliant is that the lighting is very dark. I don't want bright lights, big city but I do like to be able to read the menu without my phone flashlight app. Overall a nice dinner.Special Features:
- Mid-town Gem! Incredible Service!NYCFoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2013Super fresh, great menu. Been here a few times...brunch, lunch and dinner. Every time was exceptional (REALLY love their brunch buffet). But food aside, I must say this is an exceptionally well run restaurant. From greeting to service, everyone was warm and welcoming. When I had a question about the menu, the manager (who later introduced himself as John) came over and cleared things up himself! Very hands-on and personable, you can tell the whole staff is passionate about what they do. Cannot wait for my next chance to stop in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseJillDined on 8/25/2013Really enjoyed the food -- the fresh berries were wonderful, as was the omelette and the preserves that came with the toast. The only downside was the omelette came with a side salad and none of us could eat it because it was drenched in dressing. But everything else was delicious. And our server Syretta (sp?) was AMAZING. Excellent, excellent service. Plus, the patio is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising goodkjtvVIPDined on 6/24/2013It is always difficult finding a good restaurant in this part of town. I took a chance on Humphrey just based on the fact that it looked nice and I liked the menu. The food and service were excellent. The decor is clean and elegant. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great mid-week spot for dinner,tad1232000VIPDined on 6/18/2013Great mid-week spot for dinner, great staff very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Thank you so much for suchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2013Thank you so much for such a lovely experience. Kobayashi loved it as well.Special Features:
- Credit card users beware!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013be careful with your credit cards!!! I was here with a friend for lunch. we asked for the bill to be split with 2 credit cards. the waitress charged my card for the entire amount, and for the split amount TWICE!!!the worst part she NEVER told me she did this. This place had about $200 hung up on my card. When i went to management about this they responsive but there was NO follow up, i had to physically go back to this place to get any action. The action they provided was a "Sorry and we are looking into that terminal" the customer service and appreciation is extremely poor, there really is no reason i would EVER go back
- Don't come for lunch if you'reOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2013Don't come for lunch if you're expecting more than a beer. they only serve alcohol in the evenings.
- Glossy looks but bad at the coreOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/27/2013Such a big place that looks cool but the menu is ridiculous limited and the food not very good anyway.
- Great venue, food, not so much.PZColcapVIPDined on 2/14/2013My scallop dinner was cold. However, I love the venue, the outdoor theatre and the hotel. I just wouldn't recommend the food for dinner. Breakfast and lunch were fine.Special Features:
- Do not waste your time !CowboyVIPDined on 11/18/2012cold aesthetic environment poor service long wait for wine long wait for food delivery Chief could cook well will need change in management before i try it again !
- The day I was there was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/2/2012The day I was there was very rainy. I imagine it's nicer on a sunny day. The air conditioning was on full blast and it was freezing. Also they had loud music playing and I would have preferred that it be way toned down so we could have a quiet conversation. I didn't complain about that because I had already complained about the a/c. The food was very good and so was the service. It's really convenient to Penn Station and that is why I chose to go there. Would probably go back if I am ever in that neighborhood again.Special Features:
- Loved this place - for a hotelSusanVIPDined on 9/20/2012Loved this place - for a hotel restaurant it is quite special.
- Very nice, perfect spot formarf6Dined on 9/12/2012Very nice, perfect spot for lunch on a beautiful afternoon. Lovely breeze with the roof open!Special Features:
- Food was good but the serviceWaldoDined on 8/29/2012Food was good but the service was slow and not very attentive.Special Features: