768 9th Ave
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://hummuskitchen.com/
- Phone: 2123333009x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 11:00 am
Saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 am
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 11:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Happy Hour, Wine Bar
A word from Hummus Kitchen
Our goal is to offer you a place you want to come back to, like home. Hummus is our passion. Fresh, made of organic chickpeas and served warm. Our Hummus is filled with protein, vitamin B6, vitamin C, potassium, manganese & a lot of flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hummus Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)romantic (4)good for groups (2)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Med-Middle EasternOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014Excellent Mediterranean/middle eastern style cuisine: Moroccan, Israeli...all well prepared and tasty.Special Features:
- Intimate FindNYCfoodDined on 8/17/2014Hummus Kitchen in Hell's Kitchen is a small little gem with an authentic Mediterranean menu. Excellent options allow diners to choose from 3 small offerings or full meals. The food is fresh and exquisitely prepared. The accommodations may seem cramped to some and the service can be spotty, but not rude or dismissive. A true NYC experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kosher, Casual, Great FoodMichDined on 8/13/2014Perfect spot for lunch before off Broadway. Food was amazing. Great lunch specials, wine list and super nice service. Exceeded my expectations. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Hell Kitchen's GemsDrKathyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Hummus Kitchen was a delight. Our waiter was so nice and courteous while at lunch. The Falafel wrap was so delicious and the hummus & pita bread was spectacular! A must on anyone's bucket list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodNancyDined on 7/10/2014We were three people. We ordered the grape leaves which were served warm with pomegranate, Potato and mushroom bourekas - perfect, baboganoush - perfect, the pita was the best, served warm and fluffy. The hummus was hummus. We had chicken prepared with cinnamon and raisins over couscous, huge serving of couscous with many vegetables in it. One order of meat kabobs, which I expected to be served on a skewer, but were grilled meat croquettes also served over couscous, other choice was over rice or chopped salad. Portions were large enough to share, especially after so many appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific FoodMikeFDined on 6/24/2014The Chicken Couscous was outstanding! Some of the best babaganoush I've had anywhere. They were very helpful with my wife's food allergies and since returning home to the Chicago area keeps saying she wants to go back here. She normally doesn't eat desserts and definitely not mousse, but she absolutely loved the Coco Morocco that my daughter and I ordered along with the baklava. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food here!JonnyMussVIPDined on 6/9/2014Really enjoy this place - its my go to lunch location and just tried it for dinner. Yummy food overall. No complaints. The BEST humus in NYC. period.Special Features:
- Granny5Dined on 6/8/2014We love coming here for a meal before the Theater, everyone loves the food and the service is friendly and forgiving. We come with three children and certainly contribute to the "energetic" noise level, it's a small place. - We will be back, don't change a thing.Special Features:
- AMBIENCEDisgruntledDined on 5/28/2014ARE JUST DRUMS MUSIC? I ASKED ELLEN, MGR TO TURN OFF THE DRUMS FOR AN HOUR. SHE COULD NOT-PART OF THE AMBIANCE SHE SAID . PATRON'S WISHES SHOULD TRUMP AMBIENCE.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/14/2014Stopped here for a pre-matinee lunch. The food was fantastic. I had the quinoa salad and my husband had the falafel. Everything was so fresh. Will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 23 reviews are from the Hummus Kitchen reviews archive.
- Tasty and quicklogoleptVIPDined on 4/27/2014The food came out very quickly (it wasn't terribly busy) and the service was fine. Super healthy salad is great. Chicken hummus is a meal in and of itself. You'll need extra pita, which they charge for.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/22/2014Went here for dinner with two co-workers - shared the hummus appetizer (four different types) - this was excellent. I had the pick three entree and had the falafel which was not too oily/greasy and very tasty - i dont like when it is too heavy and this was perfect. Also had the couliflower and beets - both where well seasoned without being salty and textures were perfect. We all left very happy and would come back. Had limited wine selection but it went well with the food. Finished with the mint tea which was also great.Special Features:
- Decent meal; poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/21/2014The wait for food and drink was unacceptable. The restaurant is tiny and wasn't filled to capacity. We ordered a pitcher of sangria and waited nearly 15 minutes. The waitress was very nice and helpful but she couldn't make up for the wait time for food and drinks. I won't be back.
- We booked a table for 7:15bhbh1212VIPDined on 4/11/2014We booked a table for 7:15 PM and got the table at 8:15 PM
- Maybe this was an off nightOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 4/9/2014I have eaten at the Hummus Kitchen before and had a much better experience. Though we had a reservation, they seemed surprised when we announced that we did and then we were kept waiting. We had the Hummus Kitchen platter with four different types of hummus which was good once we were finally seated and served. All of our entrees were bland ( two people had the Mediterranean Red Chicken, one had the Chicken Couscous and one had the Striped Sea Bass). The couscous was dry; the red chicken should have spicy and was not; the sea bass was just OK. Having been here before and had a much better service and food experience, I will try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was simple yet fantastic!DeezDined on 3/23/2014Food was simple yet fantastic! Just what we were looking for.Special Features:
- good appetizers poor brunch entreenydpDined on 2/23/2014I went to Hummus kitchen for brunch recently and while the appetizers were really good (that's why I gave two stars instead of one...), the entrees were quite poor. My omelette was burnt and was almost cold. My husband's entree (crushed garbanzo beans topped with hard boiled egg) was also not great. The service was not great either (more a 1.5 than a 1...). The waiters were nice but they put our 5 person + 1 baby group in a table with just 4 seats so we were quite cramped. They also complained about us having the yogurt that we brought to feed our baby on the table, since they are a non-dairy establishment...
- Great place to dine before a night!JAM5Dined on 2/17/2014Excellent food, great service, and quick turnaround. A little loud, but that's ok!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hummus!logoleptVIPDined on 2/14/2014We went for a pre-show Valentine's Day dinner. They were very accommodating regarding our 8:00 show time. The hummus is really great, the entrees are tasty and large, the chocolate cake dessert is fantastic. I recommend the sangria. Be careful: they charge for extra pita bread!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well prepared food...billpDined on 2/10/2014The name sums up the offerings here. Of course, there are a few non-hummus things and the non-dairy tomato soup on the day I visited (20 degrees outside) hit the spot. They do offer a few wine and beer choices. But the server was uninformed about the choices and so you are pretty much left on your own. Also, the lunch special ends at 4 and happy hour starts at 4:30 - we got there at 4pm, and so either had to wait :30 or pay the extra $2 for our platter and the extra $7 for our beer. We paid the additional $9, but it seemed a bit silly to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvalous MediterraneanLuv2eatVIPDined on 2/9/2014If you like Israeli... Mediterranean inspired cuisine than this is the place for you!! I found it delicious and service was good.. Not fancy at all... But a great meal... Perfect for those chill moods!! Will be back again!!Special Features:
- YUMMY FOOD!1KTravelerVIPDined on 1/21/2014I really liked the Mezze platter, which was a deal at Happy Hour. The regular menu was delicious and the service was friendly and relaxed. I'll definitely be back here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different and TastyFrankDDDined on 1/4/2014Nice food, different, tasty, helpful staff, quick service, line music. Across the board a nice, casual dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy and deliciousLuvmiddleeasternfoodDined on 1/4/2014Whether you are a vegetarian, vegan, or meat eater The Hummus Kitchen is sure to delight you. The menu had a wide range of appetizers that 3 of us had for dinner, all vegan and all delicious! The falafel wrap was a big hit too. There were also a number of yummy sounding dishes with meat or fish, and all prepared with a Middle Eastern flair. The service was friendly and prompt. We enjoyed the short walk from the theatre and will definitely go back when we are in that part of the city again.Special Features:
- It was our second trip tokarenwDined on 1/1/2014It was our second trip to this restaurant within a month, and we all enjoyed it. Great value for the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent cauliflower and beet appeMichelleVIPDined on 12/30/2013The cauliflower and beet mezzes (small plate appetizers) are great. The hummus, surprisingly, is good but not great. It did not taste as if it had just been made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were very impressed withkarenwDined on 12/22/2013We were very impressed with Hummus Kitchen. The food is delicious and at a reasonable price. We have already recommended it to our friends. We will be coming back very soon!Special Features:
- A Good ValueETFishmanVIPDined on 12/7/2013This is the type of place I would go on a weeknight when I wanted to eat out without spending a lot of money. The servers were pleasant but inattentive; it took over 5 minutes after being seated to get a menu (and I had to flag someone down to get it). This could be because I was dining solo, as they looked surprised when I said I was a party of one. They have a nice wine list with good Israeli wines, but they were out of several glass-pours. I had the last glass of one of them, and it tasted like it. The hummus was excellent, but the chicken topping was overcooked, and the liquid (not even a sauce) from it made the hummus very mushy. I will go back to try some other things but will have somewhat lower expectations.
- Amazing clean cooked foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/7/2013We had gone here before, pre theatre matinee, loved the pure food. Brought our friends here pre theatre for lunch, they so loved it. It is almost as good as our table which often has only food we have grown in our garden. Love this place. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for vegetariansLuv2dineDined on 11/9/2013I celebrated my birthday here. Booking is easy, good was great. Service was nice. I love this place and would defiantly comeback. Everything we ordered we liked so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!2foodiesDined on 11/2/2013Not only great tasting, but also great presentation of every appetizer and dish. The server was attentive to drink refills, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good falafell and hummus,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/31/2013Very good falafell and hummus, but a little high priced for such basic food.Special Features:
- Roasted Chicken!!SeetalDined on 10/19/2013The roasted chicken with chickpeas and lentil rice is delicious. Shwarma is also nice but I have had better. Great place though in general to eat Mediterranean/Middle Eastern food.Special Features: