Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
1700 Humboldt Street
Denver, CO 80218Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.humboldtrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3038131700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: DJ Nagle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We have Uptown's Best Happy Hour with $1 Oysters everyday, $4 wines and beer, $6 cocktails and so much more!
A word from Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
Located in Denver’s Uptown neighborhood, Humboldt serves inspired, fresh and approachable cuisine with a nod towards the American classics. Our inviting space with abundant seating includes a beautiful outdoor area as well as private dining in an open atrium. We serve lunch, dinner, weekend brunch and daily happy hour from 3-6pm. Parking includes complimentary valet and off street parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Humboldt Farm Fish Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
272 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (179)neighborhood gem (165)special occasion (130)great for outdoor dining (114)good for groups (62)romantic (62)great for lunch (62)notable wine list (53)hot spot (49)great for brunch (47)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (5)Show More
- MenehuneDined on 9/17/2014Overall a great dinner experience. Love that they have free valet parking so you don't have to worry about parking in the neighborhood. We all enjoyed our food, but I just wish there was more than 2 mushrooms in my mushroom risotto served under my great crispy skin chicken. Our female server (who was in training) was very helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; bad service & managementRatButlerVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food is good, but pricey. Service was horrendous. Our server was obviously new and inexperienced, but had no help, no direction, no management, etc., and was left to run amok - with long extended periods between anything happening on the order-taking or food/beverage delivery, no attempt to address the obvious disaster that was taking place throughout our time there, and then presenting a bill that was obviously and significantly incorrect (charged for additional bottles of wine that we attempted to order, but that they were out of). We will obviously never return.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014For the price, there are better places that have more unique menuSpecial Features:
- A satisfying experiencesquatandgnawDined on 9/14/2014Ours was a birthday brunch and it was most successful. We were a party of five and no one had any complaints either on the food or service. I had a three egg omelet with a side of roasted fingerlings. It was delicious, served hot and the presentation was done professionally. We all agreed to return on our next birthday club outing. We loved our bright, sunny table inside since the patio was a bit crowded.Special Features:
- Quality comes with a priceCoolheatVIPDined on 9/13/2014First time eating at Humboldt after Strings departed. Cod was outstanding; cooked exactly right with a complimentary plum compote. Calamari and fried quinoa dishes were quite good, although may be a bit too spicy for some. Salads were fresh and abundant. We will be back after we save up some dollars.Special Features:
- Amazing happy hour!kfinDined on 9/8/2014Be sure to check it out. Brocolli and Brussel sprouts are unrealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short ribstbcrncDined on 9/8/2014Loved it, mostly. Hard to judge on one meal, but I would give it another try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FiveStarsDined on 9/6/2014great food! great ambiance! it does get a tad noisy inside, but not so much that you can't hear your tablemates.Special Features:
- Best French onion soup!ViennaGirlDined on 9/6/2014The service was very good. Brook, our server, was attentive and knowledgeable. The French onion soup was perfect: lots of onions, not overly salty and very nicely seasoned. The bread pudding with peaches was also excellent. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Enjoyed!!!!!kayoneDined on 9/3/2014Will certainly return to dine here and recommend it to friends. Thanks for being there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/2/2014Thursday night dinner out with friends. Absolutely my favorite meal out while visiting Denver! Service was great-attentive, good recommendations. Food was d'lish, 2 chicken, 1 swordfish and 1 short ribs ordered at our table. Side orders of beets and peaches was so yummy! Bread pudding had peaches in it too! Beautiful and modern inside.Very nice evening out. Great job Humboldt staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good all Around ExperiencetamtamDined on 8/30/2014Fun atmosphere, really good food, pretty good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEPEatsVIPDined on 8/28/2014After being seated at our table, the server didn't come to greet us for 15 minutes. Then, we barely saw him after that. The appetizers were good but the steak came out cold and the salmon dish was off. Won't go back unless it's just for a drink and app.Special Features:
- Excellent & HealthygmdenverDined on 8/28/2014Top-notch restaurant in every way! Had the salmon, which was one of the best I've had. For starters, you can't beat the brusel sprouts. I would rank this restaurant in the top 5 in Denver. And because the food is fresh from the farm or the fish flown in, you know you're getting quality stuff. The presentation was what you would expect of a restaurant of this caliber. Met the executive chef, DJ Nagle, at a cooking class; class guy who knows his stuff. Would highly, highly recommend to anyone who enjoys tasty, well prepared and wholesome food.Special Features:
- AmazingDSPCuteOneDined on 8/27/2014Had a wonderful Restaurant Week Dinner experience here with friends.Special Features:
- MamouDined on 8/26/2014The food is above average. Nice to have the valet service. Different seating options. Lots of staff gives good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/20141st time to Humboldt and it was very good. Our server was excellent. Friendly, knowledgeable about the wines and food. Food was very good and would go back to try their regular menu. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Menu was wonderful!food4thoughtDined on 8/26/2014I went with two friends for Restaurant week and it was fantastic. We had a wonderful and attentive, yet laid back server. The food was fantastic, and for what we paid for the restaurant week price, it was great! There is a back patio that would be great for a date night. The uptown neighborhood is great and we loved the ambience. Granted, we were eating at 5pm to get to a 7:30pm movie on a Tuesday, so that may not be a great gauge of the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special Restaurantappreciation2humboldtDined on 8/26/2014Among my "very top" restaurants! Take guests there often. Love everything about it! Service and Food and Ambiance are top'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood FindJeepDined on 8/26/2014First time to visit. Lunch with spouse. Terrific interior decor. Food and service outstanding. We will certainly be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Sarahdemps87Dined on 8/25/2014Second time I've eaten here since it opened late last year. Delicious food. The service was a little disjointed this go round but I'm going to chock that up to Denver Restaurant Week craziness. Portion sizes were just perfect, they even could have been a little smaller and I would have still enjoyed it. Great place with amazingly fresh food. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment.DisappointedDined on 8/25/2014Went looking forward to the meal, which fell short in every aspect. Undercooked steak, over cooked squash, over cooked chicken. Some portions were extremely small while others very large, nothing was consistent (in comparison to those around). Can't even say I'm glad to have tried itduring restaurant week (and still spent over $100) and I also cannot say I would go back for a "regular" service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014Dined here during Restaurant Week - food was just "OK." Had the Summer Tomatoes (nothing special), Salmon, and Peach/Raspberry Crisp. Would perhaps try again during a less busy time, but wouldn't go out of my way to go back, given there are so many other restaurants in Denver to try ...
- Great experience!RivercitygalDined on 8/23/2014We visited Humbolt during Restaurant Week and had a fixed price meal with great choices. Each course was prepared well, was delicious and attended to with great service. I would love go back and try the other menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Rate RestaurantDineout81Dined on 8/23/2014We ate here on a Saturday evening during Restaurant Week. Considering this, they didn't miss a beat. Food and service were excellent. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- 1st timerkevnDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding service. We had a reservation and plans changed and we came a few hours earlier and they still accommodated us. Service with a smile and charming personality. Best burger in Denver!!Special Features:
- Great new placeFish4everVIPDined on 8/23/2014Tried it for August restaurant week. The limited menu was awesome and all four of us loved our meals. Cocktails were inventive and refreshing. Good wine choices to accompany. My salmon was cooked to perfection-always a plus in my book. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Restaurant, Lousey FoodAlexVIPDined on 8/23/2014We kicked-off Denver Restaurant Week with dinner at Humboldt Farm, Fish & Wine. We absolutely loved the look and feel of the place, but the food was pretty lousy. We're hopeful that the food off the regular menu is better than what was served during restaurant week, as we may elect to give the place a second chance given how much we enjoyed the ambiance and service.Special Features:
- wonderful menu & wine listLeslieVIPDined on 8/23/2014I had the Humboldt cheese burger with a farm salad and both were wonderful. The salad had pallisade peaches and was just the perfect compliment to a nice burger on a brioche bun. The wine list was ample and I had a wonderful pinot noir to compliment my burger. It was a lovely summer afternoon lunch. The remodeled decor is a soothing compliment to the open kitchen. The wait staff were knowledgable and friendly.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceEmmy02Dined on 8/23/2014We had such a fun lunch date on Saturday; the food and service were excellent. The patio was the perfect setting to enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night spotDineaholicDined on 8/20/2014Had dinner here with my boyfriend. I had the lobster roll which was excellent and my boyfriend had a burger which he said was awesome. We also had oysters for an appetizer from different coasts. Great range of food options. Can get something more elegant like lobster risotto to a sandwich. I will be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePrksNDined on 8/18/2014Great service. Great food. Great ambience. Great time.Special Features:
- always pretty goodjjclosDined on 8/17/2014I have eaten at HFFW many times. most recently I had the rockfish special. I was a little disappointed. the sauce and fish really didn't have much flavor and the potatoes that came with it were fried. come on humboldt, you are better than that!! I recommend pulling that special from the list. I will continue to eat here as I have had many great dinners as well. hope this was just an aberration.Special Features:
- 5 Stars!asil525Dined on 8/17/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday, he is quite difficult to please when it comes to restaurants, and we both enjoyed our experience for dinner! Humboldt is actually quite a large establishment but it manages to feel cozy and open with a friendly, attentive staff. We started with the cheese and meat plate and were pleasantly surprised, great portions, and it was prepared well. He ordered steak and fries, he enjoyed it, said it was much better "than that sugar steak place". I had the special for the night, a California Rockfish over Crawfish Etoufee and these delicious crispy potatoes, amazing! We felt taken care of but not bothered, a very nice night out. We are both looking forward to going back!Special Features:
- Will go againOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014Great place, with great service. Very nice indoor dining area with outdoor feel, would be great for groups. Food was very good, crispy broccoli the best ( this is how you get kids to eat broccoli)Special Features:
- Fabulous family celebration!MissedSnowDined on 8/14/2014There were 5 in our party and we had several different entrees of fish and lobster risotto. They were all absolutely superb! We were celebrating a wedding anniversary and a birthday. They brought two delicious candlelit desserts. The wine list and after dinner drinks were all top shelf as well. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- nice nite for outside dininggoldenfoodieDined on 8/12/2014wonderful restaurant in a fun part of town. I had one of the fish specials, monkfish, and it was delicious. We ordered the broccoli as a starter and it was fantastic!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014The striped bass special was some of the best I've had. Great service.Special Features:
- Great lunch!dineoutoftenDined on 8/11/2014We sat on the patino and enjoyed a "lunch" beverage and delicious food.Special Features:
- Wonderful vegetables and others42dineVIPDined on 8/10/2014We had a party of three, and between us ordered the scallops, the ahi tina salad and the Scotissh salmon. The scallops were fabulous, but were outshined by the brussel sprouts. The salmon and tuna dishes were very good, but not considerably different. Judging by the menu. I think the Farm Plate is probably the best fare here. Overall, its a pleasant place with an attentive waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.