Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
1700 Humboldt Street
Denver, CO 80218Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.humboldtrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (303) 813-1700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: DJ Nagle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We have Uptown's Best Happy Hour with $1 Oysters everyday, $4 wines and beer, $6 cocktails and so much more!
A word from Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
Located in Denver’s Uptown neighborhood, Humboldt serves inspired, fresh and approachable cuisine with a nod towards the American classics. Our inviting space with abundant seating includes a beautiful outdoor area as well as private dining in an open atrium. We serve lunch, dinner, weekend brunch and daily happy hour from 3-6pm. Parking includes complimentary valet and off street parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Humboldt Farm Fish Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (155)neighborhood gem (146)special occasion (107)great for outdoor dining (86)good for groups (63)romantic (60)notable wine list (55)hot spot (54)great for lunch (51)great for brunch (30)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- MmmTheFoxAndTheGrapesDined on 11/16/2014We adored the food so much, everything was cooked to perfection and plated with love! What an outstanding dining experience. Can't wait to come back, thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JustineDined on 11/15/2014The filet mignon and brussel sprouts were outstanding. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Our server was also quite knowledgeable and helpful in selecting wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to get back!jen424Dined on 11/11/2014Food was excellent, service was impeccable. Love the focus on natural and locally-sourced food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!khenleyDined on 11/9/2014Birthday dinner on Sunday night was awesome! The place was super fancy and beautiful. Food was really tasty. I would highly recommend for special occasions. Sunday nights also had $1 oysters which was a nice touch to our evening.Special Features:
- Great fish and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014Took some out of town work collegues to Humbolt. The food was excellent. Fresh and full of flavor but not fillers. Everyone loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bud and Breakfast NY transplantsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014We recently moved to Denver from NY This is the first restaurant we have dined in here that I can say was totally enjoyable. The service and food were both excellent. We own a small hotel in the area and will certainly recommend to our guest to dine here as wellSpecial Features:
- Terrific first visitFoodfanVIPDined on 11/8/2014Everything about my first meal at Humboldt was great! Service was excellent and so was the food. I highly recommend sharing an order of the smoked salmon poutine if possible. Such a good combination of textures, aromas and tastes! We also appreciated the server's complete willingness to split an entree for two of us. An altogether enjoyable evening for my friends and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously eclectic menu!MaryMaryDined on 11/8/2014Steak tatar was tender and divine before we sampled Pesce entrees (Salmon & Cod). When we asked to hold the potatoes, they encouraged substitution with a list of delicious veggies. We chose roasted beets which were prepared to perfection. Our experience was outstanding, thank you Humboldt Farm Fish & Wine!Special Features:
- Great Service and FoodDaveinDenverDined on 11/7/2014This was our first time since it was Strings. My wife and I enjoyed the ambiance and food. Service was above average.Special Features:
- FoodreviwsDined on 11/7/2014This is a gem of a restaurant, food with great presentation and taste! Not the usual run of the mill menu, the brussel sprout appetizer is the best! I have taken a group of 10 and my friend the other night for her birthday, both experiences were excellent. It is consistent in all areas, food, service and hospitality. This is my new favorite restaurant to recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!Kelly0461Dined on 11/5/2014After having enjoyed its predecessor, Strings, for many years, I wasn't sure how Humboldt Farm Fish Wine would compare. It definitely doesn't disappoint and offers delicious food and impeccable service. My first visit was for a summer lunch and the patio offered a lovely atmosphere. I enjoyed the Spicy Truffled Brussel Sprouts and French Onion Soup, both of which were excellent! More recently, friends and I shared a variety of small plates (the Brussel sprouts again, crispy broccoli, and decadent gnocchi in a spinach bechamel sauce), a very generous bowl of hearty, delicious clam chowder, and the strawberry salad. Everything was prepared to perfection and absolutely delicious. The portions are generous and priced well. Fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElLagarto1VIPDined on 10/27/2014This restaurant location was once that of "Strings". The current restaurant is no longer at the high quality of its predecessor. We will not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014Most impressed with the staff and service. Food excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to the small stuff!LovetoeatDined on 10/25/2014The service was great, the atmosphere is fun and energetic. We started with the crispy broccoli, Brussel sprouts and gnocchi which were all amazing. Then, I had the mussels which were served with bread for dipping but there was only 2 tablespoons of broth and I had to request some on the side. Good flavor but heavily salted. The barramundi was served with a butternut squash risotto that was somewhat flavorless and completely overpowered by the over-smoked tomatos. The burger was good, but a glaze was put down on the plate under the bun that made it sticky and difficult to pick up the burger. Presentation was lovely. I wanted to love this place because the atmosphere and service were great. I would go back and stick with the small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACE!STARDined on 10/25/2014Loved it, one of my new favorite places. Great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful eveninggoodeatsDined on 10/25/2014the food here is fresh and excellent. no salty nonsense. presentation and quality excellent. Great wine list with knowledgeable waiter. The only criticism is that our meal came out while we were still eating apps. It seems to me the staff should clear all app and salad plates before bring you the main course. This makes the diner not feel as though rushed. The valet parking is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for everyone!EatdrinkluvDined on 10/24/2014Our first time dining at Humbolt after reading and hearing much about it. We had such a wonderful evening! So many delicious things on the menu, that we decided to do a lot of little plates and sample many different things. Our waitress paired our wines for us and they couldn't have been better. Be sure to try the Smoked trout spread, and the broccoli, also the Calamari was to die for. Wonderful food, good service and atmosphere…can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Good but Not SpecialWhittieriteDined on 10/24/2014We were here for a birthday and everything about it was good but not much more - not the of magical or memorable dining experience that you might hope for on a special occasion. The beer list was well curated but all cans that could be had a few blocks away at the neighborhood liquor store. This is Denver, and aspirationally fancy restaurants with a four-page wine list but no taps are a faux pas. At our table, plates were good but not especially interesting. Farm to table is nice, but a little more innovation on the plates would make it a lot nicer. It's a good neighborhood spot but there's increasing competition on 17th Ave and there are better places in town for special occasions at this price tier. The service, however, was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of scallops!GregDined on 10/24/2014Good service, good food and presentation. Downfall: out of one of the specials at 8pm, which was one of the dishes we wanted.Special Features:
- EnjoyEnjoyDined on 10/23/2014Courteous, thoughtful, attentive. Was a very nice meal. The swordfish with the two sauces was a nice recommendation. However the broccolini was a little overdone. Desert made up for it.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner experienceHeartDenverVIPDined on 10/21/2014Food was excellent. Service was great. We will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightFrankieblitzDined on 10/18/2014My partner and I went here for a Saturday night date, having found the restaurant on Yelp I wasn't sure what to expect. It was perfect! The noise level was not too loud, I could hold a conversation without yelling. The food was fabulous, the timing of the food was perfect. We ordered an appetizer, soup, and two entrees. Everything came out in perfect order. The speciality cocktails were very yummy and decently priced. The service was great! The waitress knew the menu and had fabulous recommendations for our fish dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentsciancioDined on 10/17/2014We have dined outdoors here the past couple of times. This time we dined indoors and the noise level was very high. Our server seem to be rushing us and stead of providing good service. It felt like it was all about him. Food was just okay, my pork loin was overcooked. Oysters were mediocre for the price.Special Features:
- Constantly improvingDrmickjrVIPDined on 10/15/2014We have been dining in Humboldt virtually from the day it opened and can report that it just keeps getting better. The food now matches the very excellent service and warm, inviting setting. We recommend this restaurant without any hesitation now.Special Features:
- Simply AmazingYanivDined on 10/11/2014Enough Said!!! blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed our eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014We went with another couple and were very happy with the entire experience. We all enjoyed our meals, great service... made a wonderful night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014great ambiance! full priced for smaller portions. however would return and try something else on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuckymanVIPDined on 10/10/2014Have been there 3 times now and had very pleasant meal with new menu items added to solid list on meSpecial Features:
- Get the broccoli!jenbDined on 10/10/2014Food and service are great. Tuna was awesome and you have to try the broccoli appetizer. Great place to get seafood in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too ExpensiveDisappointedVIPDined on 10/10/2014$50 for lunch is way too expensive for two people -- one of whom ordered mussels and the other a cup of French onion soup and a side of fingerling potatoes.....no wine.....just a tea and coffee.
- Quality Farm to TableDRatDined on 10/8/2014The menu is creative without being pretentious and the food is consistently good. We'll return again!Special Features:
- goodjjclosDined on 10/5/2014food always good. service a little slow this time.Special Features:
- Great placeFrequentlywellfedDined on 10/4/2014I had a wonderful time here. The menu was promising. Appetizers were perfect. but the maincourse steak was overdone and there were only 2 tiny mushrooms in my mushroom-based fish accompaniment. I think the cooking could be improved, but EVERYTHING else, the service, the atmosphere, the people, are all extraordinary. Highly recommend. We will try again. Maybe an off night!Special Features:
- Wish they had 3.5 starsWalkerDined on 10/1/2014It was good and lovely staff. Started with fried broccoli, bland, and brussel sprouts, tasty. My partner had a steak dish that he complimented. Had the lobster risotto with generous amount of lobster. Good but not great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014table for two too small and too close to other diners; at one point I know they were listening in on my conversation with my long time friend. for the price of dinner, I would have preferred a table not located on the main thoroughfare of traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2014My girlfriend and I try a new restaurant once a month and this is now one of our favorites. Great food, service and overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great foodJoeinColoradoVIPDined on 9/26/2014Second time there and its better then ever, service, food, friendly atmosphere, true professionals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disapointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014This was an anniversary dinner that wasn’t up to expectations. We asked for a quiet spot which was the atrium and directly under blowing air from the overhead vents the entire evening. The service was adequate but not attentive. I ordered a Cedar River Steak Diane, Hand-cut ribeye, brandy-peppercorn sauce, potato puree, Hazel Dell mushrooms that was far from being a good cut of meat. It was overly fatty, and very chewy. Hidden under the sauce I gave up trying to find a good bite and left most of it on my plate and ate half of my wife’s Filet which was very good. The waiter never asked about the quality of my steak and the bus boy removed it without question as well. A disappointing evening especially for the expense.
- Great RecommendationMike30Dined on 9/21/2014My God-Daughter recommended this restaurant to me. Took 4 friends there and we all thought the food was excellent and reasonably priced. Great neighborhood restaurant atmosphere. The fresh oysters to start were excellent as was the French onion soup. The lobster risotto and the fresh fish dishes were great main dishes and the bread pudding was on of the best I've had. Our server was very personable and even gave us tips on what to see during our Denver visit. Would definitely eat here on my next visit to Denver..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!LizziePDined on 9/21/2014I will definitely be coming back. I will be writing my review on Yelp. Thank you!Special Features: