Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
1700 Humboldt Street
Denver, CO 80218Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.humboldtrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3038131700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: DJ Nagle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We have Uptown's Best Happy Hour with $1 Oysters everyday, $4 wines and beer, $6 cocktails and so much more!
A word from Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
Located in Denver’s Uptown neighborhood, Humboldt serves inspired, fresh and approachable cuisine with a nod towards the American classics. Our inviting space with abundant seating includes a beautiful outdoor area as well as private dining in an open atrium. We serve lunch, dinner, weekend brunch and daily happy hour from 3-6pm. Parking includes complimentary valet and off street parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Humboldt Farm Fish Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
269 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (182)neighborhood gem (165)special occasion (128)great for outdoor dining (119)good for groups (65)romantic (61)great for lunch (60)notable wine list (55)hot spot (53)great for brunch (45)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (5)Show More
- Great Service, Great foodJoeinColoradoVIPDined on 9/26/2014Second time there and its better then ever, service, food, friendly atmosphere, true professionals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disapointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014This was an anniversary dinner that wasn’t up to expectations. We asked for a quiet spot which was the atrium and directly under blowing air from the overhead vents the entire evening. The service was adequate but not attentive. I ordered a Cedar River Steak Diane, Hand-cut ribeye, brandy-peppercorn sauce, potato puree, Hazel Dell mushrooms that was far from being a good cut of meat. It was overly fatty, and very chewy. Hidden under the sauce I gave up trying to find a good bite and left most of it on my plate and ate half of my wife’s Filet which was very good. The waiter never asked about the quality of my steak and the bus boy removed it without question as well. A disappointing evening especially for the expense.
- Great RecommendationMike30Dined on 9/21/2014My God-Daughter recommended this restaurant to me. Took 4 friends there and we all thought the food was excellent and reasonably priced. Great neighborhood restaurant atmosphere. The fresh oysters to start were excellent as was the French onion soup. The lobster risotto and the fresh fish dishes were great main dishes and the bread pudding was on of the best I've had. Our server was very personable and even gave us tips on what to see during our Denver visit. Would definitely eat here on my next visit to Denver..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!LizziePDined on 9/21/2014I will definitely be coming back. I will be writing my review on Yelp. Thank you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014For our first (and probably only) trip to Denver, I wanted to go to one of its best places, both in food and atmosphere. I think we found it. The decor was fun, the wine was great (and still pretty cheap), and the food was fresh and yummy. There were a few hiccups, though: we were seated by the entrance to the open kitchen, so my boyfriend had to look directly inside and there was a constant stream of staff running by; also, only half of our mussels were edible. The waitress called them "unacceptable" and thirty seconds later the manager came over, apologized, and took them off the bill. Great. After that, my boyfriend got the short ribs, which melted in your mouth and I got the chicken, which was fried to perfection. Overall, a great time.Special Features:
- Not that impresseddinnernightoutVIPDined on 9/20/2014We thought the food was ok. The waitress was very pushy...we were there to sit and relax and we were in no hurry. She must have asked us 10x in 20 minutes if we were ready to order. I might go back for a drink and app...but probably not dinner again.Special Features:
- first time and we'll be backJoeinColoradoVIPDined on 9/20/2014Outstanding service and the menu was excellent. Everything homemade. Everything fresh, hot and done with care and consideration. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenehuneDined on 9/17/2014Overall a great dinner experience. Love that they have free valet parking so you don't have to worry about parking in the neighborhood. We all enjoyed our food, but I just wish there was more than 2 mushrooms in my mushroom risotto served under my great crispy skin chicken. Our female server (who was in training) was very helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; bad service & managementRatButlerVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food is good, but pricey. Service was horrendous. Our server was obviously new and inexperienced, but had no help, no direction, no management, etc., and was left to run amok - with long extended periods between anything happening on the order-taking or food/beverage delivery, no attempt to address the obvious disaster that was taking place throughout our time there, and then presenting a bill that was obviously and significantly incorrect (charged for additional bottles of wine that we attempted to order, but that they were out of). We will obviously never return.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014For the price, there are better places that have more unique menuSpecial Features:
- A satisfying experiencesquatandgnawDined on 9/14/2014Ours was a birthday brunch and it was most successful. We were a party of five and no one had any complaints either on the food or service. I had a three egg omelet with a side of roasted fingerlings. It was delicious, served hot and the presentation was done professionally. We all agreed to return on our next birthday club outing. We loved our bright, sunny table inside since the patio was a bit crowded.Special Features:
- Quality comes with a priceCoolheatVIPDined on 9/13/2014First time eating at Humboldt after Strings departed. Cod was outstanding; cooked exactly right with a complimentary plum compote. Calamari and fried quinoa dishes were quite good, although may be a bit too spicy for some. Salads were fresh and abundant. We will be back after we save up some dollars.Special Features:
- Amazing happy hour!kfinDined on 9/8/2014Be sure to check it out. Brocolli and Brussel sprouts are unrealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short ribstbcrncDined on 9/8/2014Loved it, mostly. Hard to judge on one meal, but I would give it another try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FiveStarsDined on 9/6/2014great food! great ambiance! it does get a tad noisy inside, but not so much that you can't hear your tablemates.Special Features:
- Best French onion soup!ViennaGirlDined on 9/6/2014The service was very good. Brook, our server, was attentive and knowledgeable. The French onion soup was perfect: lots of onions, not overly salty and very nicely seasoned. The bread pudding with peaches was also excellent. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Enjoyed!!!!!kayoneDined on 9/3/2014Will certainly return to dine here and recommend it to friends. Thanks for being there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/2/2014Thursday night dinner out with friends. Absolutely my favorite meal out while visiting Denver! Service was great-attentive, good recommendations. Food was d'lish, 2 chicken, 1 swordfish and 1 short ribs ordered at our table. Side orders of beets and peaches was so yummy! Bread pudding had peaches in it too! Beautiful and modern inside.Very nice evening out. Great job Humboldt staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good all Around ExperiencetamtamDined on 8/30/2014Fun atmosphere, really good food, pretty good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEPEatsVIPDined on 8/28/2014After being seated at our table, the server didn't come to greet us for 15 minutes. Then, we barely saw him after that. The appetizers were good but the steak came out cold and the salmon dish was off. Won't go back unless it's just for a drink and app.Special Features:
- Excellent & HealthygmdenverDined on 8/28/2014Top-notch restaurant in every way! Had the salmon, which was one of the best I've had. For starters, you can't beat the brusel sprouts. I would rank this restaurant in the top 5 in Denver. And because the food is fresh from the farm or the fish flown in, you know you're getting quality stuff. The presentation was what you would expect of a restaurant of this caliber. Met the executive chef, DJ Nagle, at a cooking class; class guy who knows his stuff. Would highly, highly recommend to anyone who enjoys tasty, well prepared and wholesome food.Special Features:
- AmazingDSPCuteOneDined on 8/27/2014Had a wonderful Restaurant Week Dinner experience here with friends.Special Features:
- MamouDined on 8/26/2014The food is above average. Nice to have the valet service. Different seating options. Lots of staff gives good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/20141st time to Humboldt and it was very good. Our server was excellent. Friendly, knowledgeable about the wines and food. Food was very good and would go back to try their regular menu. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Menu was wonderful!food4thoughtDined on 8/26/2014I went with two friends for Restaurant week and it was fantastic. We had a wonderful and attentive, yet laid back server. The food was fantastic, and for what we paid for the restaurant week price, it was great! There is a back patio that would be great for a date night. The uptown neighborhood is great and we loved the ambience. Granted, we were eating at 5pm to get to a 7:30pm movie on a Tuesday, so that may not be a great gauge of the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special Restaurantappreciation2humboldtDined on 8/26/2014Among my "very top" restaurants! Take guests there often. Love everything about it! Service and Food and Ambiance are top'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood FindJeepDined on 8/26/2014First time to visit. Lunch with spouse. Terrific interior decor. Food and service outstanding. We will certainly be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Sarahdemps87Dined on 8/25/2014Second time I've eaten here since it opened late last year. Delicious food. The service was a little disjointed this go round but I'm going to chock that up to Denver Restaurant Week craziness. Portion sizes were just perfect, they even could have been a little smaller and I would have still enjoyed it. Great place with amazingly fresh food. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment.DisappointedDined on 8/25/2014Went looking forward to the meal, which fell short in every aspect. Undercooked steak, over cooked squash, over cooked chicken. Some portions were extremely small while others very large, nothing was consistent (in comparison to those around). Can't even say I'm glad to have tried itduring restaurant week (and still spent over $100) and I also cannot say I would go back for a "regular" service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014Dined here during Restaurant Week - food was just "OK." Had the Summer Tomatoes (nothing special), Salmon, and Peach/Raspberry Crisp. Would perhaps try again during a less busy time, but wouldn't go out of my way to go back, given there are so many other restaurants in Denver to try ...
- Great experience!RivercitygalDined on 8/23/2014We visited Humbolt during Restaurant Week and had a fixed price meal with great choices. Each course was prepared well, was delicious and attended to with great service. I would love go back and try the other menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Rate RestaurantDineout81Dined on 8/23/2014We ate here on a Saturday evening during Restaurant Week. Considering this, they didn't miss a beat. Food and service were excellent. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- 1st timerkevnDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding service. We had a reservation and plans changed and we came a few hours earlier and they still accommodated us. Service with a smile and charming personality. Best burger in Denver!!Special Features:
- Great new placeFish4everVIPDined on 8/23/2014Tried it for August restaurant week. The limited menu was awesome and all four of us loved our meals. Cocktails were inventive and refreshing. Good wine choices to accompany. My salmon was cooked to perfection-always a plus in my book. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Restaurant, Lousey FoodAlexVIPDined on 8/23/2014We kicked-off Denver Restaurant Week with dinner at Humboldt Farm, Fish & Wine. We absolutely loved the look and feel of the place, but the food was pretty lousy. We're hopeful that the food off the regular menu is better than what was served during restaurant week, as we may elect to give the place a second chance given how much we enjoyed the ambiance and service.Special Features:
- wonderful menu & wine listLeslieVIPDined on 8/23/2014I had the Humboldt cheese burger with a farm salad and both were wonderful. The salad had pallisade peaches and was just the perfect compliment to a nice burger on a brioche bun. The wine list was ample and I had a wonderful pinot noir to compliment my burger. It was a lovely summer afternoon lunch. The remodeled decor is a soothing compliment to the open kitchen. The wait staff were knowledgable and friendly.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceEmmy02Dined on 8/23/2014We had such a fun lunch date on Saturday; the food and service were excellent. The patio was the perfect setting to enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night spotDineaholicDined on 8/20/2014Had dinner here with my boyfriend. I had the lobster roll which was excellent and my boyfriend had a burger which he said was awesome. We also had oysters for an appetizer from different coasts. Great range of food options. Can get something more elegant like lobster risotto to a sandwich. I will be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePrksNDined on 8/18/2014Great service. Great food. Great ambience. Great time.Special Features:
- always pretty goodjjclosDined on 8/17/2014I have eaten at HFFW many times. most recently I had the rockfish special. I was a little disappointed. the sauce and fish really didn't have much flavor and the potatoes that came with it were fried. come on humboldt, you are better than that!! I recommend pulling that special from the list. I will continue to eat here as I have had many great dinners as well. hope this was just an aberration.Special Features: