Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
1700 Humboldt Street
Denver, CO 80218Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.humboldtrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3038131700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: DJ Nagle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We have Uptown's Best Happy Hour with $1 Oysters everyday, $4 wines and beer, $6 cocktails and so much more!
A word from Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
Located in Denver’s Uptown neighborhood, Humboldt serves inspired, fresh and approachable cuisine with a nod towards the American classics. Our inviting space with abundant seating includes a beautiful outdoor area as well as private dining in an open atrium. We serve lunch, dinner, weekend brunch and daily happy hour from 3-6pm. Parking includes complimentary valet and off street parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Humboldt Farm Fish Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
272 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (177)neighborhood gem (166)special occasion (130)great for outdoor dining (105)romantic (66)good for groups (64)great for lunch (62)notable wine list (51)hot spot (47)great for brunch (44)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (11)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Good all Around ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Fun atmosphere, really good food, pretty good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/28/2014After being seated at our table, the server didn't come to greet us for 15 minutes. Then, we barely saw him after that. The appetizers were good but the steak came out cold and the salmon dish was off. Won't go back unless it's just for a drink and app.Special Features:
- Excellent & HealthygmdenverDined on 8/28/2014Top-notch restaurant in every way! Had the salmon, which was one of the best I've had. For starters, you can't beat the brusel sprouts. I would rank this restaurant in the top 5 in Denver. And because the food is fresh from the farm or the fish flown in, you know you're getting quality stuff. The presentation was what you would expect of a restaurant of this caliber. Met the executive chef, DJ Nagle, at a cooking class; class guy who knows his stuff. Would highly, highly recommend to anyone who enjoys tasty, well prepared and wholesome food.Special Features:
- AmazingDSPCuteOneDined on 8/27/2014Had a wonderful Restaurant Week Dinner experience here with friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The food is above average. Nice to have the valet service. Different seating options. Lots of staff gives good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/20141st time to Humboldt and it was very good. Our server was excellent. Friendly, knowledgeable about the wines and food. Food was very good and would go back to try their regular menu. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Menu was wonderful!food4thoughtDined on 8/26/2014I went with two friends for Restaurant week and it was fantastic. We had a wonderful and attentive, yet laid back server. The food was fantastic, and for what we paid for the restaurant week price, it was great! There is a back patio that would be great for a date night. The uptown neighborhood is great and we loved the ambience. Granted, we were eating at 5pm to get to a 7:30pm movie on a Tuesday, so that may not be a great gauge of the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special Restaurantappreciation2humboldtDined on 8/26/2014Among my "very top" restaurants! Take guests there often. Love everything about it! Service and Food and Ambiance are top'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood FindJeepDined on 8/26/2014First time to visit. Lunch with spouse. Terrific interior decor. Food and service outstanding. We will certainly be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Sarahdemps87Dined on 8/25/2014Second time I've eaten here since it opened late last year. Delicious food. The service was a little disjointed this go round but I'm going to chock that up to Denver Restaurant Week craziness. Portion sizes were just perfect, they even could have been a little smaller and I would have still enjoyed it. Great place with amazingly fresh food. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment.DisappointedDined on 8/25/2014Went looking forward to the meal, which fell short in every aspect. Undercooked steak, over cooked squash, over cooked chicken. Some portions were extremely small while others very large, nothing was consistent (in comparison to those around). Can't even say I'm glad to have tried itduring restaurant week (and still spent over $100) and I also cannot say I would go back for a "regular" service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014Dined here during Restaurant Week - food was just "OK." Had the Summer Tomatoes (nothing special), Salmon, and Peach/Raspberry Crisp. Would perhaps try again during a less busy time, but wouldn't go out of my way to go back, given there are so many other restaurants in Denver to try ...
- Great experience!RivercitygalDined on 8/23/2014We visited Humbolt during Restaurant Week and had a fixed price meal with great choices. Each course was prepared well, was delicious and attended to with great service. I would love go back and try the other menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Rate RestaurantDineout81Dined on 8/23/2014We ate here on a Saturday evening during Restaurant Week. Considering this, they didn't miss a beat. Food and service were excellent. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- 1st timerkevnDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding service. We had a reservation and plans changed and we came a few hours earlier and they still accommodated us. Service with a smile and charming personality. Best burger in Denver!!Special Features:
- Great new placeFish4everVIPDined on 8/23/2014Tried it for August restaurant week. The limited menu was awesome and all four of us loved our meals. Cocktails were inventive and refreshing. Good wine choices to accompany. My salmon was cooked to perfection-always a plus in my book. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Restaurant, Lousey FoodAlexVIPDined on 8/23/2014We kicked-off Denver Restaurant Week with dinner at Humboldt Farm, Fish & Wine. We absolutely loved the look and feel of the place, but the food was pretty lousy. We're hopeful that the food off the regular menu is better than what was served during restaurant week, as we may elect to give the place a second chance given how much we enjoyed the ambiance and service.Special Features:
- wonderful menu & wine listLeslieVIPDined on 8/23/2014I had the Humboldt cheese burger with a farm salad and both were wonderful. The salad had pallisade peaches and was just the perfect compliment to a nice burger on a brioche bun. The wine list was ample and I had a wonderful pinot noir to compliment my burger. It was a lovely summer afternoon lunch. The remodeled decor is a soothing compliment to the open kitchen. The wait staff were knowledgable and friendly.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceEmmy02Dined on 8/23/2014We had such a fun lunch date on Saturday; the food and service were excellent. The patio was the perfect setting to enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night spotDineaholicDined on 8/20/2014Had dinner here with my boyfriend. I had the lobster roll which was excellent and my boyfriend had a burger which he said was awesome. We also had oysters for an appetizer from different coasts. Great range of food options. Can get something more elegant like lobster risotto to a sandwich. I will be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePrksNDined on 8/18/2014Great service. Great food. Great ambience. Great time.Special Features:
- always pretty goodjjclosDined on 8/17/2014I have eaten at HFFW many times. most recently I had the rockfish special. I was a little disappointed. the sauce and fish really didn't have much flavor and the potatoes that came with it were fried. come on humboldt, you are better than that!! I recommend pulling that special from the list. I will continue to eat here as I have had many great dinners as well. hope this was just an aberration.Special Features:
- 5 Stars!asil525Dined on 8/17/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday, he is quite difficult to please when it comes to restaurants, and we both enjoyed our experience for dinner! Humboldt is actually quite a large establishment but it manages to feel cozy and open with a friendly, attentive staff. We started with the cheese and meat plate and were pleasantly surprised, great portions, and it was prepared well. He ordered steak and fries, he enjoyed it, said it was much better "than that sugar steak place". I had the special for the night, a California Rockfish over Crawfish Etoufee and these delicious crispy potatoes, amazing! We felt taken care of but not bothered, a very nice night out. We are both looking forward to going back!Special Features:
- Will go againOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014Great place, with great service. Very nice indoor dining area with outdoor feel, would be great for groups. Food was very good, crispy broccoli the best ( this is how you get kids to eat broccoli)Special Features:
- Fabulous family celebration!MissedSnowDined on 8/14/2014There were 5 in our party and we had several different entrees of fish and lobster risotto. They were all absolutely superb! We were celebrating a wedding anniversary and a birthday. They brought two delicious candlelit desserts. The wine list and after dinner drinks were all top shelf as well. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- nice nite for outside dininggoldenfoodieDined on 8/12/2014wonderful restaurant in a fun part of town. I had one of the fish specials, monkfish, and it was delicious. We ordered the broccoli as a starter and it was fantastic!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014The striped bass special was some of the best I've had. Great service.Special Features:
- Great lunch!dineoutoftenDined on 8/11/2014We sat on the patino and enjoyed a "lunch" beverage and delicious food.Special Features:
- Wonderful vegetables and others42dineVIPDined on 8/10/2014We had a party of three, and between us ordered the scallops, the ahi tina salad and the Scotissh salmon. The scallops were fabulous, but were outshined by the brussel sprouts. The salmon and tuna dishes were very good, but not considerably different. Judging by the menu. I think the Farm Plate is probably the best fare here. Overall, its a pleasant place with an attentive waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/10/2014This is our second time that we have been to Humboldt for Sunday Brunch and it was fantastic. The spicy bloody mary was perfect with great garnish. We had the burger with bacon and the omelet special. Both were quite well prepared and delicious. And the wait staff did a phenomenal job. They were polite, timely and not obtrusive.Special Features:
- ChefshawnDined on 8/9/2014I very much enjoyed dining here, went on a Saturday night and they were busy. Had a couple of items on the menu that were 86, that always disappoints me. Food was good, well-made, not overly creative. Same with the wine list, nice options but not overly creative. Price point was good, on par for the food and service I received. Servers name was Jeff, he did a good job of recommendations and had good knowledge of the menu. Overall I would return, I did enjoy my evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Next new restaurant please!!DoJoDined on 8/9/2014We had a hard time getting a reservation around 7 p.m. on a Saturday so we took a 6:15 p.m. When we got there, there were a lot of empty tables in the main dining room but we were led to a back room that looked like it was decorated in the 80's or 90's. It had no ambiance and the glass ceiling looked dirty and literally dripped on my husband three times (possibly condensation). The hostess and waitstaff seemed very inexperienced. We weren't even done with our entres when the server brought over the dessert menu and started going through desserts. Again, there were open tables so I'm not sure why he felt the need to rush us. The food wasn't great & was over priced. We were excited to have a new place near home & sad its not good.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Been here there times now. Food and service amazing. Fresh fish and veggies with a great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceKiwiLizDined on 8/8/2014We introduced our friends to the Humbolt and had a lovely evening with great menu choices. The server was very attentive and knowledgeable and the service was fast. We loved the complimentary valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014I have been to the restaurant twice and both times the service was not good. Both servers brought the bill without asking if we wanted anything else. Also, when we realized that we had to order bread, it came after we were finished eating and the bread wasn't even worth waiting for. Like most restaurants it was terribly noisy.
- Top NotchEricVIPDined on 8/5/2014Humboldt has been great, whether with a large group including small children or a quiet dinner date for two. The service is excellent and the food is fantastic. This time, they were very accommodating. We started with oysters, a small plate and split a full meal. I'd highly recommend the broccoli and Ono with bbq sauce. The server also was very kind to work with us to make sure that everything was gluten free. It's good food, a great dining room and perfect service. Can't really ask for more.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014great oyster deal ($1 dollar oysters) and REALLY great burger
- Another good meal!SteveDined on 8/5/2014The Maine lobster roll was the best. Yea for National Oyster day and the promotion Humboldt put on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My parents loved itoutingsDined on 8/1/2014I made the reservation for my out of town parents who are in their 70s. They had a 5:30p reservation and returned more than 3 hours later. They sent me photos of their food, raved about the waitress, and enjoyed every aspect. They even ordered dessert. Although the price was on the high end, they felt it was worth it. They eat out and travel a lot, are fairly health conscious, and somewhat critical, especially when it's on the expensive side, so the fact that they stayed that long and ordered dessert was a good sign. I had a late night dinner there once and enjoyed it. I think the restaurant and menu appeals to a range of tastes, age groups, etc.Special Features:
- good but not 5 stars on yelpjjclosDined on 7/31/2014I always enjoy the food and wine at humboldt, however, they always seem to run out of whatever I plan to order. it happend again sat night. once with salmon, another time the key lime pie, and other things as well. I had the monkfish special recently and it was ho-hum, lacked much flavor. but other dishes at my table were wonderful. I like this place but it frustrates me too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.