Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
1700 Humboldt Street
Denver, CO 80218Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.humboldtrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3038131700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: DJ Nagle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We have Uptown's Best Happy Hour with $1 Oysters everyday, $4 wines and beer, $6 cocktails and so much more!
A word from Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
Located in Denver’s Uptown neighborhood, Humboldt serves inspired, fresh and approachable cuisine with a nod towards the American classics. Our inviting space with abundant seating includes a beautiful outdoor area as well as private dining in an open atrium. We serve lunch, dinner, weekend brunch and daily happy hour from 3-6pm. Parking includes complimentary valet and off street parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Humboldt Farm Fish Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
241 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (149)neighborhood gem (141)special occasion (113)great for outdoor dining (86)good for groups (57)romantic (55)great for lunch (54)notable wine list (42)great for brunch (41)hot spot (37)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (10)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014Great service. Great food. Great ambience. Great time.Special Features:
- always pretty goodjjclosDined on 8/17/2014I have eaten at HFFW many times. most recently I had the rockfish special. I was a little disappointed. the sauce and fish really didn't have much flavor and the potatoes that came with it were fried. come on humboldt, you are better than that!! I recommend pulling that special from the list. I will continue to eat here as I have had many great dinners as well. hope this was just an aberration.Special Features:
- 5 Stars!asil525Dined on 8/17/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday, he is quite difficult to please when it comes to restaurants, and we both enjoyed our experience for dinner! Humboldt is actually quite a large establishment but it manages to feel cozy and open with a friendly, attentive staff. We started with the cheese and meat plate and were pleasantly surprised, great portions, and it was prepared well. He ordered steak and fries, he enjoyed it, said it was much better "than that sugar steak place". I had the special for the night, a California Rockfish over Crawfish Etoufee and these delicious crispy potatoes, amazing! We felt taken care of but not bothered, a very nice night out. We are both looking forward to going back!Special Features:
- Will go againOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014Great place, with great service. Very nice indoor dining area with outdoor feel, would be great for groups. Food was very good, crispy broccoli the best ( this is how you get kids to eat broccoli)Special Features:
- Fabulous family celebration!MissedSnowDined on 8/14/2014There were 5 in our party and we had several different entrees of fish and lobster risotto. They were all absolutely superb! We were celebrating a wedding anniversary and a birthday. They brought two delicious candlelit desserts. The wine list and after dinner drinks were all top shelf as well. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- nice nite for outside dininggoldenfoodieDined on 8/12/2014wonderful restaurant in a fun part of town. I had one of the fish specials, monkfish, and it was delicious. We ordered the broccoli as a starter and it was fantastic!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014The striped bass special was some of the best I've had. Great service.Special Features:
- Great lunch!dineoutoftenDined on 8/11/2014We sat on the patino and enjoyed a "lunch" beverage and delicious food.Special Features:
- Wonderful vegetables and others42dineVIPDined on 8/10/2014We had a party of three, and between us ordered the scallops, the ahi tina salad and the Scotissh salmon. The scallops were fabulous, but were outshined by the brussel sprouts. The salmon and tuna dishes were very good, but not considerably different. Judging by the menu. I think the Farm Plate is probably the best fare here. Overall, its a pleasant place with an attentive waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/10/2014This is our second time that we have been to Humboldt for Sunday Brunch and it was fantastic. The spicy bloody mary was perfect with great garnish. We had the burger with bacon and the omelet special. Both were quite well prepared and delicious. And the wait staff did a phenomenal job. They were polite, timely and not obtrusive.Special Features:
- ChefshawnDined on 8/9/2014I very much enjoyed dining here, went on a Saturday night and they were busy. Had a couple of items on the menu that were 86, that always disappoints me. Food was good, well-made, not overly creative. Same with the wine list, nice options but not overly creative. Price point was good, on par for the food and service I received. Servers name was Jeff, he did a good job of recommendations and had good knowledge of the menu. Overall I would return, I did enjoy my evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Next new restaurant please!!DoJoDined on 8/9/2014We had a hard time getting a reservation around 7 p.m. on a Saturday so we took a 6:15 p.m. When we got there, there were a lot of empty tables in the main dining room but we were led to a back room that looked like it was decorated in the 80's or 90's. It had no ambiance and the glass ceiling looked dirty and literally dripped on my husband three times (possibly condensation). The hostess and waitstaff seemed very inexperienced. We weren't even done with our entres when the server brought over the dessert menu and started going through desserts. Again, there were open tables so I'm not sure why he felt the need to rush us. The food wasn't great & was over priced. We were excited to have a new place near home & sad its not good.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Been here there times now. Food and service amazing. Fresh fish and veggies with a great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceKiwiLizDined on 8/8/2014We introduced our friends to the Humbolt and had a lovely evening with great menu choices. The server was very attentive and knowledgeable and the service was fast. We loved the complimentary valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014I have been to the restaurant twice and both times the service was not good. Both servers brought the bill without asking if we wanted anything else. Also, when we realized that we had to order bread, it came after we were finished eating and the bread wasn't even worth waiting for. Like most restaurants it was terribly noisy.
- Top NotchEricVIPDined on 8/5/2014Humboldt has been great, whether with a large group including small children or a quiet dinner date for two. The service is excellent and the food is fantastic. This time, they were very accommodating. We started with oysters, a small plate and split a full meal. I'd highly recommend the broccoli and Ono with bbq sauce. The server also was very kind to work with us to make sure that everything was gluten free. It's good food, a great dining room and perfect service. Can't really ask for more.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014great oyster deal ($1 dollar oysters) and REALLY great burger
- Another good meal!SteveDined on 8/5/2014The Maine lobster roll was the best. Yea for National Oyster day and the promotion Humboldt put on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My parents loved itoutingsDined on 8/1/2014I made the reservation for my out of town parents who are in their 70s. They had a 5:30p reservation and returned more than 3 hours later. They sent me photos of their food, raved about the waitress, and enjoyed every aspect. They even ordered dessert. Although the price was on the high end, they felt it was worth it. They eat out and travel a lot, are fairly health conscious, and somewhat critical, especially when it's on the expensive side, so the fact that they stayed that long and ordered dessert was a good sign. I had a late night dinner there once and enjoyed it. I think the restaurant and menu appeals to a range of tastes, age groups, etc.Special Features:
- good but not 5 stars on yelpjjclosDined on 7/31/2014I always enjoy the food and wine at humboldt, however, they always seem to run out of whatever I plan to order. it happend again sat night. once with salmon, another time the key lime pie, and other things as well. I had the monkfish special recently and it was ho-hum, lacked much flavor. but other dishes at my table were wonderful. I like this place but it frustrates me too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good optionDrmickjrVIPDined on 7/29/2014Humboldt has made great strides since it opened. I have dined there five or six times, and this appraisal is based on changes across those visits. The food is more consistently good, which was a problem at times. I recommend this restaurant now to friends and colleagues without having to qualify the recommendation. It is great to see oysters featured prominently, and the salads are now very good to excellent.Special Features:
- Terrific Menu and Service!MsJoCookVIPDined on 7/27/2014Just loved this placed on Saturday afternoon - had refreshing oysters & wine, along with small plates to share with the table. Going back for dinner!
- Almost PerfectMidtownDined on 7/25/2014Would have given an excellent rating, except for the dessert. We ordered the bread pudding and it ranked near the top of the worst bread pudding ever! It was dry and tasteless.Special Features:
- Love this placeMellipoohDined on 7/24/2014I've been here several times since this restaurant opened. The space is so pretty- I feel like I'm in the Hamptons or something when I'm there and the sea could be just outside. The oysters are really fresh and delicious and all of the food I've had for both lunch and dinner have been great. My nephew (8 years old) had the burger last time and it was really good, the smoked trout dip sounds weird but is one of my favorite items, and the brussel sprouts are always delicious as well. The service is good, desserts are good... It's just a great place. I'll continue to frequent this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunchCharlieVIPDined on 7/24/2014Except for the forgotten coffee with dessert, and not checking us in on opentable, it was lovely, thanks!Special Features:
- nice meal, great food, great wineafpage19Dined on 7/21/2014Had a lovely meal here. Crispy brussel sprouts were amazing. Would eat here again.Special Features:
- Love this placeyumburpDined on 7/21/2014We are so pleased Humboldt is here in our neighborhood! It is a lively, upscale scene with fantastic food. The atmosphere is conducive to many moods. One can hang at the bar, dine at private table, or enjoy the outdoor patio. No matter where you sit, the food and service are very good. You will want to come back again.Special Features:
- SharonaVIPDined on 7/21/2014From the moment we walked into the restaurant, from when we left, it was a par excellence experience. The oysters are excellent, the wait staff quite knowledgable on the wines and the entire menu. The house special that night was paella and it was exceptional. There were five of us, celebrating a birthday and the chocolate cake they brought out for the table was sinful. We will definitely be coming back to Humboldt. The restaurant itself is beautiful as evening falls with the glass and the lights. All in all, a most lovely experience for the eyes and the stomach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014Very good evening. Food was great, good presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maryDined on 7/19/2014We had a great anniversary dinner! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch on the Patiorrg735Dined on 7/19/2014Fabulous brunch on the patio. Lobster roll for one of us and perhaps the best grouper in Denver ever. Food was perfectly prepared, service attentive and not overbearing, and a pleasant non- rushed Saturday brunch. Do not have the key lime pie because I want it all for myself next time.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotDisappointedDined on 7/18/2014Great experience....great service. I would highly recommend the whole fried fish and crispy broccoli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeEatoutalotVIPDined on 7/17/2014Our second time to the restaurant and just as great an experience as the first. The fish is excellent, service is friendly and outdoor patio is a bonus.Special Features:
- Great without the attitudeLoveYumsDined on 7/17/2014We had a great experience and loved the wonderful service (the wait staff and management were incredibly nice and helpful), and the great food. All this without the attitude and crazy wait - though we did have an early dinner time of 6pm.Special Features:
- One of Denver's Finestzx12rDined on 7/16/2014I was looking for a nice place to eat during my week vacation, glad I found this place. A little pricey but well worth it, the food was great. I would go again if I have the oppotunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightgirlsnightoutDined on 7/16/2014We had a great time, the food was amazing and the wine list was great.Special Features:
- amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Friendly,fantastic service,wonderful food experience. Delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Location, & AmbienceTheresaVIPDined on 7/13/2014Just decided to try Humboldt Farm Fish Wine on a lazy Sunday night. I'm so glad we did! Everything was outstanding. Highlights were the bread pudding for dessert (best bread pudding I've ever had - perfect texture and enough "mode" on top), and the crispy broccoli, which is the only item I saw on the menu described as a house favorite - and it deserves that designation. Who knew veggies could be so good? My only complaint is that the raw oysters on the half shell seemed to be a little too pricey at $3.25 - $3.75 each, but they were very good. The wine pairings that went with the oysters were great as well.Special Features:
- Awesome Burger and Small PlatesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014Impressed by the burger and small plates, but my main course wasn't great. Overall, I would definitely go back.
- A little disappointingNanadenverDined on 7/12/2014Aps were great. Service and ambiance were great. Entrees were unfortunately very bland. Definitely overpriced. They have a very nice patio that I could see myself going back to enjoy happy hour and mussels but un likely I will dine there again.