Hugo's Seafood & Steakhouse
841 William Hilton Parkway
Hilton Head, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Hugo's Seafood & Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hugoshiltonhead.com/
- Phone: 8437854846x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:30 - until
Sunday Brunch: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chef Larry Schneider
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Voted 2013 BEST CATERER - Full catering services available from set-up and drop off to fully catered with full staff for small or large and casual or formal.
A word from Hugo's Seafood & Steakhouse
Serving locals & visitors for over 35 years, from Fitzgerald’s to Hugo’s. Voted Best Cuisine and Best Restaurant in 2012, 2013 & 2014. Experience dining as it should be with award-winning cuisine, tableside flaming desserts, craft drinks, unique small plates, comfort and great service. Hugo serves only Certified Angus Beef and the best fresh seafood available. A private dining room, wine cellar, full bar and open kitchen add to the overall experience. Welcome to Hugo's Seafood and Steakhouse!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Hugo's Seafood & Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Hugo's Seafood & Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (9)romantic (8)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (5)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Overall Very GoodHWT3VIPDined on 10/18/2014The food was great as always. Hugo's goes out of their way to accommodate every one with changes to the menu. I gave my service only three stars this time as a couple of items we asked for came out wrong. Still, Hugo's is a place to go for quiet to moderate noise levels and fine food.Special Features:
- FiletDiner6Dined on 10/10/2014Our food and service were very good. One of our guests ordered the filet mignon and was told the restaurant was out of it, she was very disappointed. Remy was a great waitress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A change of seasonsDukeDined on 10/4/2014can usually cause problems for a restaurant. When you go from a busy tourist season and transition into a mostly locals only, there can be problems with the food ordering process. In short a restaurant can run out of an item. This what happened at Hugo's on Saturday. There were no Lobster products available. However at Hugo's that is really not such a big deal because there is always something for everyone's taste. A very nice sausage stuffed bone-in pork chop filled me up very nicely. One can never go wrong with the duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hugo'sJohneatsDined on 9/16/2014The food here was very ordinary, even with a good prix fixe. Wine list poor with no years listed. Sides were thrown in and meager. Service was slow and lackluster even with restaurant almost empty.Special Features:
- ClosedJanePDined on 8/15/2014When we got to the restaurant there was a note on the door that the kitchen was closed for repairs. I would have thought they would have contacted people with reservations to let them know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy HHI visitorsYumYummyDined on 7/31/2014We had a large party of 18, that included a guest with a severe allergy, Hugo's was very accommodating and everyone had a great time!Special Features:
- Not what expectedFamilyof4Dined on 7/26/2014Restaurant was not busy, we had a 7:15 reservation we got there earlier and sat down at 7:10. Service was not good at 8:10 we still had no appetizers....very slow many other customers complaining...food is average to mediocre...not worth the price and the waiting time. Waitress was nice we have 15% tip just because we felt bad for her
- Always GreatHWT3VIPDined on 7/23/2014Power went out due to a blown transformer at the house so we opted to go to Hugo's for dinner. As always, Hugo's was delightful. Absolute neighborhood gem here on Hilton Head.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014We enjoyed it there. Had a great menu and the good was great. Ribs were awesome!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!ketaVIPDined on 6/30/2014We decided to try this restaurant after reading that it had a connection to the "Fitzgeralds" restaurant that had been our favorite for years but closed a few years ago. It was a delight to find Hugo's. It definitely was like the old Fitzgeralds! And speaking of definite, we will definitely be back!!! The friends I was with ordered seafood but I can't pass up the pecan crusted chicken. It was as great as I'd remembered it. Service was good but the waitress could have been a little friendlier. We also loved our flaming desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious185daysDined on 6/27/2014We went on Friday night for the lobster specials. The food was excellent. The service was good but reserved to the point of being stand-offish. Hugo was our host that evening. He was friendly and fun to talk to. We would go again but would like a smile from the server once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Hugo's Seafood & Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Great foodSun1Dined on 6/17/2014Food was great. Staff was friendly. Everything was well prepared and they were accommodating to the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HhloverDined on 6/4/2014Bourbon ribeye was too chewey, not tender. You could not taste the marinade well enough. The potato was very small and the vegetables were tasteless.
- Bait and Switch (Stay Away!!!)OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/29/2014If you are visiting or living in Hilton Head...STAY AWAY FROM HUGO'S!!!! I typically don't write reviews and when I do, it's because the experience was amazing. This review is an exception. Hugo's looks good on paper, but the experience was just the opposite. It was not a busy night and it took over an hour to receive the food. The server was apathetic to the situation and wouldn't acknowledge the problem. When the food finally arrived, it looked and tasted like it was from a grocer's freezer. The shrimp was mainly breading. Sea bass and lobster are difficult to mess-up, but Hugo's managed to make that happen. If you are looking to spend $100 for two people, HHI is filled with great choices. Hugo's is not even close to being one.
- Mother's Day experienceMothersdayDined on 5/11/2014The service and food was extremely slow, they needed more serving help. We have eaten at Hugo's a couple times before with the same problem. Also they were out of grits and chicken salad and we had an early reservation for brunch. The food and atmosphere was very good. We will probably go back when we have alot of time to kill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleUdgrad1999Dined on 5/9/2014Horrible service. We waited at the host stand for 10 mins for someone to even say hello. Seated for 15 mins before a server came. A steak ordered "rare" came out medium well. Caesar salad had obviously been sitting around all day. Swordfish special was tough as rubber. Way overpriced for such mediocre food. It took 2.5 hours to get through our meal. Completely unacceptable.
- Amazing flaming desserts!dinner1Dined on 5/2/2014Our party of 4 had a wonderful dinner at Hugos. All entries from Bourbon Kabobs, to crab cakes, to fried pecan chicken, to NY strip steak were amazing and fresh! Try to save room for a flaming dessert prepared tableside by your server! Service was excellent and the restaurant was very busy, and know we know why!Special Features:
- Date Night DelightLadyjafDined on 4/30/2014We were pleasantly surprised on our first dinner here. Food was delish and had wonderful service. Made the res online shortly before we arrived and were seated promptly. Nice new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something to chew onDukeDined on 4/30/2014Thursday night at the end of April and one would have thought it was in the middle of Summer. Hugo's was packed; luckily we had an Open Table reservation. The menu is very ambitious, but every one in our party raved about the quality of each dish. The pacing of the meal could have been better, but I am sure the kitchen was slammed. These people get it; their marketing program features early bird, nightly specials as well as a full and diverse menu for dinner. Try it, you will like it. Just something to chew on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good 1st experienceDrsteele75Dined on 4/28/2014Thought we wouldtry Hugo's on a whim and were glad we did! Service was a tad slow, but the food was very good. I had the duck dish and my wife had the bleu cheese filet - awesome! Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow .. Hugo is back!NHFriendDined on 4/25/2014This was our second time at Hugo's this visit to HHI .. and it was as great as the first. Both our meals were excellent ... and the highlight was the dessert! We shared a peach dream prepared table side.... what a nice finishing touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local foodVillegirlVIPDined on 4/24/2014Food was good. My pecan chicken was not as I expected too much syrup. However, my husband's honey amaretto grouper was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only fairlidiaDined on 4/20/2014We weren't terribly satisfied with Hugo's. It was our first time there. And it was Easter Sunday. Owner was not very pleasant. They did not have a few items that were on the Sunday Brunch menu. Forgot to renew their liquor license! All in all, we don't plan on going there again, nor would we recommend it to anyone.
- A new gemFamilyDined on 4/19/2014My wife and I have been coming to hhi for 35 years. We had never eaten at Hugo's but found it on open table. We loved it. We had a great meal and our kids had fun too. The staff was extremely friendly. We'll be going back to Hugo's each trip from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014A very nice spot. Family oriented with very good apps, entrees and drinks. Friendly and efficient service. Very busy Fridsy evening so reservations on weekend recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter screwed up order. SpecificalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/3/2014Waiter screwed up order. Specifically told him I didn't like horseradish and asked for special without horse radish & with regular horse potatoes and definitely got horseradish potatoes Meat was tender. Not a fan of the "award winning apple crisp either" Waiter also screwed up another table bill & had stapled my copy of bill to itemized bill twice since I had to separate adult beverages out for workSpecial Features:
- WOW !NHFriendDined on 4/2/2014What a wonderful dining experience and a pleasant surprise. After having ben disappointed on 2 occasions at the previous location we decided to give Hugo's one more try! We were glad we did and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing. Had great reviewsCanuckDined on 3/30/2014Disappointing. Had great reviews but didn't meet expectations
- Great food but . . .PslLinkDined on 3/23/2014Disappointed in the total lack of acknowledgement of the special occasions we were celebrating (which I had purposely mentioned in my Open Table reservation notes).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overal we had a very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/21/2014Overal we had a very enjoyable experience. Food was very good and our server was very nice. My only feedback would be the quanity of help they have. Our server was very, very nice but we often waited due to the number of tables/parties she was responsible for.Special Features: