Hugo's Oyster Bar
10360 Alpharetta Street
Roswell, GA 30075Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Hugo's Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hugosoysterbar.com/
- Phone: 7709935922x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday through Thursday 11:30 to 10pm Fridays and Saturdays until 11pm
Saturday Brunch: 11:30 to 3 pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30 to 3 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jon Schwenk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Contact: Barrett Noel 7709935922x
A word from Hugo's Oyster Bar
Great seafood with a southern twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Hugo's Oyster Bar - Best Restaurants in Roswell ›
Hugo's Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (77)fit for foodies (60)vibrant bar scene (30)great for lunch (28)great for brunch (27)good for groups (25)special occasion (20)great for outdoor dining (18)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (11)romantic (9)late-night find (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great Seafood with a Southern twistATLGADined on 8/16/2014We've dined here twice. Each meal was great. Nice New Orleans twist to the menu. Reasonably sized portions. Noise level is quite loud.
- Consistently good!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014We always love it. Oysters and steak are favorites!Special Features:
- Great trout!ATLNativeDined on 8/15/2014Our second time at Hugo's was even better than the first. Our waiter was great, way more polish than you'd expect in a neighborhood place in Roswell. My friends almost licked the plates from their trout entrees. We loved the jalapeño margarita. The salmon salad is near perfect. Fried okra pods are special---fresh and tender. Don't sit inside--it's a noise riot in a bad way. Outside porch doesn't have much ambience as it's on Highway 9 but noise level doesn't assault like the interior. Valet a nice touch. Go there!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaisleyVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is a great new seafood restaurant with TV's throughout to watch your favorite sports event, volume not on. Good attentive service and a great selection of seafood items to choose from. Very enjoyable and will go there many times.Special Features:
- Fantastic oystersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014My friend and I drove there after work and ordered oysters & shrimp. They were so tasty we ordered another dozen. Our waiter asked if we wanted the shrimp hot or cold and we didn't have a preference so he had the chef cook 1/2 hot 1/2 cold. He scored some big points for that! Thank you for a pleasurable dinning experience.Special Features:
- Poor response to hair in food...enjoymymealDined on 8/12/2014I have dined here several times & always enjoyed it. My most recent visit was not as enjoyable. When one of the people in our group was finishing their meal, they found a hair in their food (unfortunately, they found it when chewing). These things happen; but, the response is what I was upset about. The waitress apologized and said no more. The check was for the full amount; however, the waitress gave us a gift card (no denomination specified) and said we could use it our next visit. I paid the check (leaving a full tip feeling it wasn't the wait staff's fault). Only then did a Manager come over to see if there was anything she could do. It was a bit too late by then.
- THE BESTchibobVIPDined on 8/11/2014Best seafood offerings in Roswell. If you like fish and oysters prepared right, this is the place. Wide selection of fish & don't forgot the Gulf & blue point osyters. They have specials each day and offer a great drink selection-------GO!!!!Special Features:
- Makes me miss New OrleansNB1140VIPDined on 8/10/2014Hugos is an OK place. The service we had was wonderful (ask for Crystal!). The food is solid, but really made me miss New Orleans. It just isn't quite there. The po boy was a good sandwich - they said they used Leidenheimer bread (the ONLY bread for a real po boy) but they don't - it's a soft, gummy roll. Not a bad sandwich, but not a real po boy. The gumbo was also OK - not bad - but thin, the roux was not sufficiently prepared. If you are selling New Orleans that hard with the menu, decor, etc., then I'd like to see you deliver on the food, too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should drop "Oyster Bar" From NameVada565Dined on 8/9/2014I read a lot of reviews before choosing Hugo's for my wife's birthday, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't a great spot for a nice birthday dinner. For an oyster bar, I was disappointed. Their oyster selection was odd; I've always heard the "months ending in 'r'" is a myth and it's all about where the oysters are from (cold water). Theirs were from the Gulf, Virginia, and PEI...during the summer?! We had some PEI oysters and they were the size of quarters, disappointing. The fish was good, which helped make our night salvageable. The dress code is listed wrong, we were dressy casual and we were WAY overdressed. The servers wear jeans and there was a guy next to us in shorts, a tank top, and a baseball cap. I would say just "casual."Special Features:
- Outstanding!FoodieDined on 8/9/2014The oysters were phenomenal! My husband and I also ordered the mall he and a sandwich to share and everything was wonderful. Specialty cocktails were worth going for as well! I did not notice the noise at all, FYI!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome OystersBill645Dined on 8/8/2014I read a review in the newspaper and decided to try with my wife. We had a delightful experience with scrumptious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, again!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/20142nd time to this place and the food was outstanding again, and the noise level was ridiculous, again! I will not go here on a weekend night again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPattyDined on 8/8/2014Took my office after work and as usual outstanding and Jonathan our waiter was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid lunch choiceJSF22VIPDined on 8/4/2014I found the service excellent and the prices extremely reasonable; the food is good but not outstanding. My oyster po'boy was not very flavorful, and neither was the accompanying cole slaw. I would return for lunch or for a quick dinner, but probably not for a night out.
- Seafood loverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This is my favorite place to eat. I love seafood and I know that I can get it in abundance here. My husband and I order several appetizer and thing for the table and just eat off all of them. Always great to eat there.Special Features:
- PickyEaterDined on 7/28/2014Great food - loved the grilled oysters and the Rainbow Trout. A little pricier than I was hoping - most appetizers are $12-$14, same for the wine by the glass - but good food and service. It was a more casual ambiance than the price - but good service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wayxxVIPDined on 7/28/2014Good food, good service, good prices. Great for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Hugo's was a great dining experience. Our server Ebony was excellent. She provided me tasting samples of the seafood gumbo and the étouffée. Both were delicious! The oysters (Apalachicola) were also delicious. Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food1foodieDined on 7/26/2014We loved the food here! Oysters were fresh and fish (we got the trout and grouper) were really good and we loved the drink selections. The only complaint is the location. This place is right on the street, or highway, and I wouldn't be thrilled if I were seated outside on the porch, which is not fancy or shielded from the "highway" . I would def. go back...for an indoor seat!Special Features:
- A really enjoyable dinner!DaveBDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I joined another couple for dinner at Hugo's Saturday night. We made reservations on Friday and were greeted by a friendly hostess and seated immediately upon arrival. The bar was full as we're the other tables, there was a nice vibe to the place, lots of energy. I cannot remember the name of our waiter but he was very tall, friendly and made some good recommendations. When he heard we were interested in the special appetizer of scallops, he said that they were running low and quickly put in our order. Excellent wines, beers and cocktails, the appetizer was very tasty and the entrees were delicious and served quickly and efficiently. I highly recommend Hugo's, a very nice dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timers ravedBosslady57Dined on 7/21/2014I brought 3 of my friends who had not experienced dining at Hugos. They thought it was just an "oyster bar"!! They were pleasantly surprised at the variety of the menu and the fresh and tasty seafood choices that were available. The service was so friendly and they all left making plans to bring their spouses back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food "A", Service "F"OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014See my review on TripAdvisor and Yelp, I do not want to take the time to write it again here.
- Saturday night dinnerSaturdayDinnerVIPDined on 7/19/2014Reservation at 7:30 on Saturday. Finally seated around 7:50. Service was good. Extremely crowded and VERY noisy. Had two oyster appetizers, both very small and could not identify oysters in them. Our food came out so quickly that it appeared that it had been prepared before hand. My wife's stuffed shrimp was cold and very small portion. She left hungry! My grouper was good, but also cool, again looked to be prepared ahead of time and sitting out. Definitely felt like restaurant was not capable of handling the crowd. We may try again on a week night, but definitely would not go back on the weekend.
- GordyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Food was great and service too. Good casual place for some seafood, and other food as wellSpecial Features:
- Amazing gem!EfflixiDined on 7/15/2014Everything about this restaurant was amazing. I will most certainly be coming back here! If you've never been, you simply must try this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAtlantanDined on 7/15/2014It's been a long time since we've enjoyed seafood as beautifully prepared as this. We've been wanting to check out Hugo's for some time and we are SO glad we did. We arrived early, meeting our daughter after work. We each ordered a fish....trout, redfish, flounder... Then shared. Each was perfectly cooked and presented. Given the cost of fish these days, we were surprised at the generous portions. The restaurant filled but our service remained as if we were her only table. We highly recommend to all seafood lovers.Special Features:
- No brainer to add to rotationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2014Fun, relaxed environment - nice variety of fish and otherwise. Not quite a trip to Apalachicola, but for only going to Hwy 9, worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Louisiana in GeorgiaThomasDined on 7/12/2014Hugo's reminded me of up-scale neighborhood restaurants in New Orleans. There was a lot of excitement and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/6/2014Sonia is an outstanding bartender. Very personable. Suggests good choices.Special Features:
- Hugos alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/5/2014We have eaten at Hugos probably a dozen times. It is always outstanding. The food is consistently very good, delivery is very fast, and the wait staff is always friendly. We will always go back!Special Features:
- Far cry from LousianaOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/3/2014The promise of Hugo's menu seems more than its kitchen can deliver. The seafood gumbo and chicken/andouille soup were bland, meager and overpriced at $8 cup and were made from what appear to be the same base; only difference seemed to be that one had a few shrimp while the other had some chicken and sausage. For entrees, my wife and daughter ordered the lobster night special; one was quite good, the other virtually inedible because one was a female lobster whose tail was filled with a large roe sack. I had the oyster poboy, which I sent back after eating half. The bread was burnt and more importantly the "oysters" were mostly small scraps and overcooked breading. To Hugo's credit, they took the poboy and a lobster off the bill.
- Oysters Oysters and OystersAdrianVIPDined on 7/3/2014Great bar restaurant to visit if you enjoy oysters. Their soups are pretty tasty, and you must try the Hugo's Oysters. Friendly and professional staff always makes my visit enjoyable.
- I live for Hugo'sbeerbudgetsocialiteDined on 6/22/2014Between the specials, the amazing food, Bloody Mary and mimosa bar and the incredible staff this is a place that I can't get enough of. Crystal, our server, was so knowledgeable, friendly and helpful! Love this place. Every single time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters were outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014The food was very good overall, but the Oysters Hugo were excellent. We were seated right away and on time with our reservation, even though it was quite busy. Our initial service was also very good, but as the dinner progressed and the restaurant became even more busy our waiter seemed overwhelmed and lost contact with our table. It was not for lack of effort, for everyone was working hard, there just wasn't enough staff to keep up with the crowd.Special Features:
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2014Food was ok but quantity was small. Crab cake was cool in the center and the redfish was tiny.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place-another gem for RoswellOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent portions, fun atmosphere and wonderful service!Special Features:
- Fun menu, service & atmosphere!cdub33Dined on 6/8/2014Hugo's seems like it should actually be on Canton St with the other great restaurants in historic Roswell. While the location is a bit odd, inside feels like the beach - only with waaaaay better food! Our server, Von, was very friendly and knowledgeable and gave us just the right amount of attention. Brunch was delicious. We ordered appetizers, food from the lunch and brunch menus, raw oysters (of course!), and also dessert. We were very happy with everything! I can't wait to go back to try one of their weeknight specials or to sit on the patio for raw oysters and cold beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but SO LOUD!YUMMYDined on 6/7/2014Went on Sat. night with a group of 6 at a round table. We had a reservation for 7:15 and they were ready for us! The food was terrific. 2 people at our table ordered the bloody Mary and loved them. All apps were great and all 6 plates were completely empty going back to the kitchen. The only problem is the noise level. We could not hear anything. We left and went somewhere else for dessert so we could hear the conversation being held. Check it out during a quieter time, and it should be fine....And do we really need valet service? Our car was parked 10 feet from where we left it.Special Features:
- Hate to sound old but it was 2 loudtimeconstrainedDined on 6/6/2014Restaurant was too loud for our taste and ultimately our party (of 40-somethings) moved outside to finish the meal. The party from the adjacent table spoke to us on the way out, commenting that they had found it to be too loud as well. when dining with a party larger than 4, their protocol is to place you in the back but the sound is really unbearable. next time our larger party will sit on the porch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but....VanPDined on 6/6/2014The oysters were very tiny for an oyster bar. And not worth the price per oyster. The food came out pipint hot and was very tasty. However, we felt that the waiter had no real time for us. He would ask a question or tell us something and walk away without waiting for a response. We felt rushed.Special Features: