Hugo's Oyster Bar
10360 Alpharetta Street
Roswell, GA 30075Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Hugo's Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hugosoysterbar.com/
- Phone: (770) 993-5922
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday through Thursday 11:30 to 10pm Fridays and Saturdays until 11pm
Saturday Brunch: 11:30 to 3 pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30 to 3 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jon Schwenk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Contact: Barrett Noel 7709935922x
A word from Hugo's Oyster Bar
Great seafood with a southern twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Hugo's Oyster Bar - Best Restaurants in Roswell ›
Hugo's Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (32)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (23)great for lunch (18)special occasion (18)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (8)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- Where have you been all my life?OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/23/2014Had I known about Hugo's I would by now been known as a regular!!!! We love NOLA type food and tried Adele's a couple of times getting really bad service and inconsistent food. Someone recommended Hugo's and EVERYTHING we had was exceptional AND we had a OUTSTANDING service. I have reservations for lunch next week and again for dinner in 3 weeks. I love the ambiance as well, but who cares when the food is that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at a tableOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/22/2014Have been twice before and sat at the bar and ordered appetizers. First time at a table, food and service were really good for the price. Plus the place was hopping on a Saturday night. They had all the college games on. Very casual. Give it a trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A yummy experienceWorthwhileVIPDined on 11/21/2014Freddy was awesome as was the staff. Freddy gave some great recommendations in food and drinks. Management came over to check in and see how things were going. The service was excellent, food was great and overall experience is one I will return to. The smoked Trout was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great N'Orleans food OTPShizuyeDined on 11/19/2014What a surprise to find this place in Roswell. We have not been impressed with the Canton Street options and are so glad to find this place right down the road. We started with the oyster sampler, then shared the fried shrimp po'boy, fried okra, fried mac n'cheese, chicken & andouille gumbo and fried green tomatoes. Everything was delicious and very reasonably priced! We're definitely going back to try more of the menu and will bring our friends and family! Don't forget the ice box lemon pie, the perfect end to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming and good!NanaDined on 11/10/2014Decor was right out of what I imagine that New Orleans "high class" neighborhood restaurant would have been in the twenties through the early sixties. Very comfortable ambiance with low key lighting, hammered tin ceilings , a large area that is made intimate by the use of half walls and pillars decorated in the above mentioned style. The service was personal, our waiter (not Server) was friendly,without being " our friend" for the evening, quite professional. The food was very tasty and seasoned with New Orleans flavors, we could not hold ourselves back when we ate the most scrumptious Blue Crab legs in spicy creole sauce to be mopped up with wonderfully garlic-butter baguettes . The Bluepoint oysters were a special that evening and we had no problem putting away an easy dozen. Since we gorged ourselves with openers we ordered light entrees. Well one of us did, a crab salad loaded with crab. I confess that I could not leave the table without an oyster PoBoy. Both dishes were a huge step up in flavor from many other so called New Orleans styled restaurants. The only drawback is the amount of television sets hanging from the walls. Their presence is distracting from not only charm but from the perfectly chosen background music from N.O. Rather than eating by candle light we were eating by televisionlight. T'is a pitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!MissyVIPDined on 11/6/2014We had eaten in the restaurant in the past, but ended up eating at the bar this time and had a great experience. The bartenders were great, the food was excellent and the wine special was wonderful, too! It was a bit noisy, but we'll definitely be back and would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodVirginiaDined on 11/1/2014The food was excellent. The oysters were fresh and tasty, the trout was exceptionally good. The service was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patrickDined on 11/1/2014great food and service. The back area is toooooo loudSpecial Features:
- Great foodnightoutDined on 11/1/2014Seafood is always a hit! Had Scallops w/ sauteed spinach and the trout. Good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bivalve heavenlivetoeatDined on 11/1/2014Oyster dishes did not disappoint however small details like soup coming out lukewarm and some food explanations incorrect put a damper on the dining experience. Gumbo and clam chowder were good and fish was cooked to order. I will go back as there are other items on the menu I would like to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceMrZantzingerDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I went to Hugo's, first time, Thursday night. They had our reservation and we were seated right away. They have booths and tables. Our server Jonathan was prompt and accommodating. We ordered wine and oysters and then dinner. There is valet parking. Experience was excellent, we will go back.Special Features:
- A real Atlanta "find"!ChrazymacVIPDined on 10/25/2014Hugo's is one of the best restaurants in Atlanta! Excellent food, new menu options often, fabulous service, beautiful location and setting, vibrant bar with well crafted drinks! This place is the WHOLE package. Arrive early and stay late! I just wish it was closer to my home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hugo's Oyster BarsmthompsonDined on 10/23/2014I had 5 guests in town from Chicago who are used to great seafood restaurants, they were so thrilled with the food, the service and the ambiance. They said when is Hugo's coming to Chicago?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchfoodlover45VIPDined on 10/23/2014first time for lunch at hugo's. Been for dinner many times. Manhattan clam chowder outstanding, not loaded with potatoes but loaded with clams. Shrimp and oyster po boys outstanding. Our was server was exceptional.Special Features:
- Return vistorwrussgrantDined on 10/18/2014I have been to Hugo's many times. I think they have forgotten how to make a Mosciw Mule, my usual cocktail and this time far below their normal standards. Otherwise good was as good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!DisappointedVIPDined on 10/18/2014This is a somewhat new restaurant that has gotten a lot of word of mouth. The food is great, service is quick & friendly. Ask for Eboni, she's the best server. I had the fish tacos & even without the pico de galle it's good. I was a little sad that they stopped having the Bananas Foster cheesecake but the Fudge Almond cheesecake is amazing.Special Features:
- Good for a quick date nightdunnhornDined on 10/17/2014Visited Hugos for the first time on Friday for a night out with a girlfriend. Loved the atmosphere, ambiance and drink specials. Menu was varied. However, we tried the special appetizer blue crab claws and they were just not that great. Very oily and small - so we sent them back. We both ordered po boy sandwiches - they were delicious. Cole slaw on the side was almost there - not quite. The drink strawberry basil margarita was out of this world. Thought the pricing was all over the map - scallops for $28? Yikes. Shrimp po boy for $12.50 was fine. Will probably be back.....Special Features:
- diningduoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/13/2014Great food, great service, and we could hear each other talk-so good acoustics. My husband wanted to order a bowl of the chicken sausage gumbo to take home. I loved the oysters Rockefeller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hugo's never disappoints!FSUgirlDined on 10/3/2014Weve been to Hugo's several times and each time it never fails to exceed our expectations! From the appetizer, crab claws, to the entree, parmesan crusted grouper & rainbow trout the food was incredible. This place is always consistenly good and the service from Crystal was outstanding!Special Features:
- Always enjoyjthreedVIPDined on 10/3/2014Three out of four in my party had oysters. They raved about how good they were. We also had tuna tartar, blue crab fingers, gumbo, scallops (special menu item) and stuffed shrimp. Oh, and of course, the jalapeno corn. For desert we had the brioche bread pudding and a piece of chocolate brownie cheesecake. My only complaint is that is a small restaurant and it is very loud. Seating is tight and getting up to use the restroom is like a jigsaw puzzle. Restrooms are Unisex which I really really dislike.Special Features:
- Good TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Good Time, Great Evening, met and exceeded expectationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service is SPECTACULARSeanTetponDined on 9/27/2014And the food is top notch. I recommend their oysters both raw and cooked. Their specials are unique. A great date night and the bar tenders are super friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodbrowntownDined on 9/27/2014I am from Baton Rouge and have been meaning to check out Hugo's. The food was good. The crawfish bisque could have used some age on it. The vegetables were crunchy but the overall taste was good. My wife had the Sea Bass and rated it excellent. I had a shrimp poboy and it was good. The shrimp were not the best and certainly not fresh, but it was tasty. I thought it was good but not great and we will repeat to try out some of the other dishes. The service was excellent and the other patrons were very friendly and we had a good time. I would recommend to anyone to eat here.Special Features:
- I was a samplerfoodiewannabeDined on 9/27/2014I had oysters (mix of offerings), tuna tartare, seafood gumbo, salmon salad and vanilla gelato. The oysters were really good, especially the Hugo version which included jalapenos. The tuna tartare was probably my favorite dish.Special Features:
- Won't be backThymeToEatDined on 9/26/2014Food portions are tiny, prices are high, ambiance & service are average. Very disappointed!
- Great food, better serviceDavidDined on 9/21/2014Very good New Orleans style cuisine. Outstanding service. Friendly and accommodating manager. Great bloody mary bar at Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Our third time here. It has been outstanding every time. Keep it up!Special Features:
- A Dollar For Bread At Hugo'schibobVIPDined on 9/20/2014A dollar for toasted 2 hamburger half's.......really!!! Yes that is what we got at Hugo's Sat while spending a $100 for dinner!! VERY CHEAP on their part! Simple don't ask for bread! The seafood is always the best. That why it is our favorite restaurant! Don't be in a hurry as it takes a long time to get your entry once ordered. Service people are great, so don't be afraid to go for super seafood----great selection! We will go back. Can't beat a dollar for blue points on Mondays----skip the bread.Special Features:
- FantasticAdrianVIPDined on 9/19/2014It's always a pleasant meal whenever I go to Hugo's. They have very good oysters, our always favorite Hugo's Oysters (melted cheese with jalapenos), excellent soups of the day and their seafood gumbo, and lastly great tasting Po Boys. For the most part the service is also excellent, and during a bad day is still very good. The staff is friendly, energetic, knowledgeable... all the characteristics found at great restaurants. Well recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Surprisingly, the menu met Gulf Coast expectations, mingled with Cajun fare. Hugo's could satisfy our seafood appetites with different selections at each visit. Look forward to eating there, again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roswell findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Great place, good food, good alternative drinks. A real safe bet for a new place to try with good setting and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time at Hugo's, and we will definitely be back! Our server (I wish I'd gotten his name), was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. And the food was fabulous! 2 members of our party got the filet, and they both said it was better than Ruth's Chris, which we went to a few weeks ago. Someone else said the calamari was the best she'd had in a few years. Even the dirty wild rice, just a side dish... I could eat a bowl of that alone. While the appetizers came out quickly,the entrees did take a bit of time to come out, but it was an insanely busy Friday night - every single table stayed filled the entire time we were there. So we were happily forgiving of that. A great night!Special Features:
- Hidden gem.Nostalgic18Dined on 9/4/2014for those that like sea food with a southern twist, this place is a great find. food was excellent service was fantastic and the location not too shabbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best fish I have hadKiplargoDined on 9/1/2014The menu is not fancy, but the what they serve is darn near perfect from appetizer to dessert. Excellent place and can't wait to try it for lunch one day soon.Special Features:
- Fair, Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/30/2014The service was great. Our server, Crystal, was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. However, the food was just fair - nothing great. I also expected it to be a nicer place since it is a sister restaurant to C&S Oyster Bar....but they were playing football games on various tvs TOO LOUD. Again - it wasn't horrible. But to pay $140 for dinner - I just expect more.
- Too many TVs!JDittyDined on 8/23/2014Such great food and would love to make this a spot for special occasions, but there are just too many TVs!! Ambience turns out to be more like a sports bar. Would be nice just to have the TVs in the bar area and leave the rest of the place for conversation and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeepDined on 8/22/2014Good was great service was good except for the bar being slow. We got our salads before our drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood choicekgosdenDined on 8/22/2014A bit less fancy than their sister restaurant, C&S Seafood in Vinings. Good beer and cocktail list. Menu offers a variety and price points. All the seafood was fresh tasting and well cooked.Special Features:
- Awesome Oysters and moreAnnaBDined on 8/21/2014We have tried all their oyster selections both raw and grilled and love them all. In addition the tuna tartare and shrimp in special sauce were fabulous on the last visit. Waitstaff is friendly and helpful. Very casual and fun. We really enjoyed it and plan to return many times more.Special Features:
- Great Seafood with a Southern twistATLGAVIPDined on 8/16/2014We've dined here twice. Each meal was great. Nice New Orleans twist to the menu. Reasonably sized portions. Noise level is quite loud.