Hugo's Oyster Bar
10360 Alpharetta Street
Roswell, GA 30075Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Hugo's Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hugosoysterbar.com/
- Phone: 7709935922x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday through Thursday 11:30 to 10pm Fridays and Saturdays until 11pm
Saturday Brunch: 11:30 to 3 pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30 to 3 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jon Schwenk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Contact: Barrett Noel 7709935922x
A word from Hugo's Oyster Bar
Great seafood with a southern twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Hugo's Oyster Bar - Best Restaurants in Roswell ›
Hugo's Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (67)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (28)great for lunch (25)vibrant bar scene (23)great for brunch (19)hot spot (19)special occasion (15)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (10)notable wine list (8)romantic (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- The service is SPECTACULARSeanTetponDined on 9/27/2014And the food is top notch. I recommend their oysters both raw and cooked. Their specials are unique. A great date night and the bar tenders are super friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodbrowntownDined on 9/27/2014I am from Baton Rouge and have been meaning to check out Hugo's. The food was good. The crawfish bisque could have used some age on it. The vegetables were crunchy but the overall taste was good. My wife had the Sea Bass and rated it excellent. I had a shrimp poboy and it was good. The shrimp were not the best and certainly not fresh, but it was tasty. I thought it was good but not great and we will repeat to try out some of the other dishes. The service was excellent and the other patrons were very friendly and we had a good time. I would recommend to anyone to eat here.Special Features:
- I was a samplerfoodiewannabeDined on 9/27/2014I had oysters (mix of offerings), tuna tartare, seafood gumbo, salmon salad and vanilla gelato. The oysters were really good, especially the Hugo version which included jalapenos. The tuna tartare was probably my favorite dish.Special Features:
- Won't be backThymeToEatDined on 9/26/2014Food portions are tiny, prices are high, ambiance & service are average. Very disappointed!
- Great food, better serviceDavidDined on 9/21/2014Very good New Orleans style cuisine. Outstanding service. Friendly and accommodating manager. Great bloody mary bar at Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Our third time here. It has been outstanding every time. Keep it up!Special Features:
- A Dollar For Bread At Hugo'schibobVIPDined on 9/20/2014A dollar for toasted 2 hamburger half's.......really!!! Yes that is what we got at Hugo's Sat while spending a $100 for dinner!! VERY CHEAP on their part! Simple don't ask for bread! The seafood is always the best. That why it is our favorite restaurant! Don't be in a hurry as it takes a long time to get your entry once ordered. Service people are great, so don't be afraid to go for super seafood----great selection! We will go back. Can't beat a dollar for blue points on Mondays----skip the bread.Special Features:
- FantasticAdrianVIPDined on 9/19/2014It's always a pleasant meal whenever I go to Hugo's. They have very good oysters, our always favorite Hugo's Oysters (melted cheese with jalapenos), excellent soups of the day and their seafood gumbo, and lastly great tasting Po Boys. For the most part the service is also excellent, and during a bad day is still very good. The staff is friendly, energetic, knowledgeable... all the characteristics found at great restaurants. Well recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Surprisingly, the menu met Gulf Coast expectations, mingled with Cajun fare. Hugo's could satisfy our seafood appetites with different selections at each visit. Look forward to eating there, again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roswell findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Great place, good food, good alternative drinks. A real safe bet for a new place to try with good setting and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time at Hugo's, and we will definitely be back! Our server (I wish I'd gotten his name), was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. And the food was fabulous! 2 members of our party got the filet, and they both said it was better than Ruth's Chris, which we went to a few weeks ago. Someone else said the calamari was the best she'd had in a few years. Even the dirty wild rice, just a side dish... I could eat a bowl of that alone. While the appetizers came out quickly,the entrees did take a bit of time to come out, but it was an insanely busy Friday night - every single table stayed filled the entire time we were there. So we were happily forgiving of that. A great night!Special Features:
- Hidden gem.Nostalgic18Dined on 9/4/2014for those that like sea food with a southern twist, this place is a great find. food was excellent service was fantastic and the location not too shabbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best fish I have hadKiplargoDined on 9/1/2014The menu is not fancy, but the what they serve is darn near perfect from appetizer to dessert. Excellent place and can't wait to try it for lunch one day soon.Special Features:
- Fair, Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/30/2014The service was great. Our server, Crystal, was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. However, the food was just fair - nothing great. I also expected it to be a nicer place since it is a sister restaurant to C&S Oyster Bar....but they were playing football games on various tvs TOO LOUD. Again - it wasn't horrible. But to pay $140 for dinner - I just expect more.
- Too many TVs!JDittyDined on 8/23/2014Such great food and would love to make this a spot for special occasions, but there are just too many TVs!! Ambience turns out to be more like a sports bar. Would be nice just to have the TVs in the bar area and leave the rest of the place for conversation and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeepDined on 8/22/2014Good was great service was good except for the bar being slow. We got our salads before our drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood choicekgosdenDined on 8/22/2014A bit less fancy than their sister restaurant, C&S Seafood in Vinings. Good beer and cocktail list. Menu offers a variety and price points. All the seafood was fresh tasting and well cooked.Special Features:
- Awesome Oysters and moreAnnaBDined on 8/21/2014We have tried all their oyster selections both raw and grilled and love them all. In addition the tuna tartare and shrimp in special sauce were fabulous on the last visit. Waitstaff is friendly and helpful. Very casual and fun. We really enjoyed it and plan to return many times more.Special Features:
- Great Seafood with a Southern twistATLGAVIPDined on 8/16/2014We've dined here twice. Each meal was great. Nice New Orleans twist to the menu. Reasonably sized portions. Noise level is quite loud.
- Excellent Oysters!sunsetwavesDined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed our fist visit to Hugo's Oyster Bar! We loved the variety of oyster offerings! We enjoyed the Oyster combo appetizer! The staff was attentive and helpful! We'll be back:) So glad we could make reservations!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014We always love it. Oysters and steak are favorites!Special Features:
- Great trout!ATLNativeDined on 8/15/2014Our second time at Hugo's was even better than the first. Our waiter was great, way more polish than you'd expect in a neighborhood place in Roswell. My friends almost licked the plates from their trout entrees. We loved the jalapeño margarita. The salmon salad is near perfect. Fried okra pods are special---fresh and tender. Don't sit inside--it's a noise riot in a bad way. Outside porch doesn't have much ambience as it's on Highway 9 but noise level doesn't assault like the interior. Valet a nice touch. Go there!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaisleyVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is a great new seafood restaurant with TV's throughout to watch your favorite sports event, volume not on. Good attentive service and a great selection of seafood items to choose from. Very enjoyable and will go there many times.Special Features:
- Fantastic oystersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014My friend and I drove there after work and ordered oysters & shrimp. They were so tasty we ordered another dozen. Our waiter asked if we wanted the shrimp hot or cold and we didn't have a preference so he had the chef cook 1/2 hot 1/2 cold. He scored some big points for that! Thank you for a pleasurable dinning experience.Special Features:
- Poor response to hair in food...enjoymymealVIPDined on 8/12/2014I have dined here several times & always enjoyed it. My most recent visit was not as enjoyable. When one of the people in our group was finishing their meal, they found a hair in their food (unfortunately, they found it when chewing). These things happen; but, the response is what I was upset about. The waitress apologized and said no more. The check was for the full amount; however, the waitress gave us a gift card (no denomination specified) and said we could use it our next visit. I paid the check (leaving a full tip feeling it wasn't the wait staff's fault). Only then did a Manager come over to see if there was anything she could do. It was a bit too late by then.
- THE BESTchibobVIPDined on 8/11/2014Best seafood offerings in Roswell. If you like fish and oysters prepared right, this is the place. Wide selection of fish & don't forgot the Gulf & blue point osyters. They have specials each day and offer a great drink selection-------GO!!!!Special Features:
- Makes me miss New OrleansNB1140VIPDined on 8/10/2014Hugos is an OK place. The service we had was wonderful (ask for Crystal!). The food is solid, but really made me miss New Orleans. It just isn't quite there. The po boy was a good sandwich - they said they used Leidenheimer bread (the ONLY bread for a real po boy) but they don't - it's a soft, gummy roll. Not a bad sandwich, but not a real po boy. The gumbo was also OK - not bad - but thin, the roux was not sufficiently prepared. If you are selling New Orleans that hard with the menu, decor, etc., then I'd like to see you deliver on the food, too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should drop "Oyster Bar" From NameVada565Dined on 8/9/2014I read a lot of reviews before choosing Hugo's for my wife's birthday, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't a great spot for a nice birthday dinner. For an oyster bar, I was disappointed. Their oyster selection was odd; I've always heard the "months ending in 'r'" is a myth and it's all about where the oysters are from (cold water). Theirs were from the Gulf, Virginia, and PEI...during the summer?! We had some PEI oysters and they were the size of quarters, disappointing. The fish was good, which helped make our night salvageable. The dress code is listed wrong, we were dressy casual and we were WAY overdressed. The servers wear jeans and there was a guy next to us in shorts, a tank top, and a baseball cap. I would say just "casual."Special Features:
- Outstanding!FoodieDined on 8/9/2014The oysters were phenomenal! My husband and I also ordered the mall he and a sandwich to share and everything was wonderful. Specialty cocktails were worth going for as well! I did not notice the noise at all, FYI!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome OystersBill645Dined on 8/8/2014I read a review in the newspaper and decided to try with my wife. We had a delightful experience with scrumptious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, again!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/20142nd time to this place and the food was outstanding again, and the noise level was ridiculous, again! I will not go here on a weekend night again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPattyDined on 8/8/2014Took my office after work and as usual outstanding and Jonathan our waiter was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid lunch choiceJSF22VIPDined on 8/4/2014I found the service excellent and the prices extremely reasonable; the food is good but not outstanding. My oyster po'boy was not very flavorful, and neither was the accompanying cole slaw. I would return for lunch or for a quick dinner, but probably not for a night out.
- Seafood loverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This is my favorite place to eat. I love seafood and I know that I can get it in abundance here. My husband and I order several appetizer and thing for the table and just eat off all of them. Always great to eat there.Special Features:
- PickyEaterDined on 7/28/2014Great food - loved the grilled oysters and the Rainbow Trout. A little pricier than I was hoping - most appetizers are $12-$14, same for the wine by the glass - but good food and service. It was a more casual ambiance than the price - but good service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wayxxVIPDined on 7/28/2014Good food, good service, good prices. Great for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Hugo's was a great dining experience. Our server Ebony was excellent. She provided me tasting samples of the seafood gumbo and the étouffée. Both were delicious! The oysters (Apalachicola) were also delicious. Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food1foodieDined on 7/26/2014We loved the food here! Oysters were fresh and fish (we got the trout and grouper) were really good and we loved the drink selections. The only complaint is the location. This place is right on the street, or highway, and I wouldn't be thrilled if I were seated outside on the porch, which is not fancy or shielded from the "highway" . I would def. go back...for an indoor seat!Special Features:
- A really enjoyable dinner!DaveBDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I joined another couple for dinner at Hugo's Saturday night. We made reservations on Friday and were greeted by a friendly hostess and seated immediately upon arrival. The bar was full as we're the other tables, there was a nice vibe to the place, lots of energy. I cannot remember the name of our waiter but he was very tall, friendly and made some good recommendations. When he heard we were interested in the special appetizer of scallops, he said that they were running low and quickly put in our order. Excellent wines, beers and cocktails, the appetizer was very tasty and the entrees were delicious and served quickly and efficiently. I highly recommend Hugo's, a very nice dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timers ravedBosslady57Dined on 7/21/2014I brought 3 of my friends who had not experienced dining at Hugos. They thought it was just an "oyster bar"!! They were pleasantly surprised at the variety of the menu and the fresh and tasty seafood choices that were available. The service was so friendly and they all left making plans to bring their spouses back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.