Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville
55 South Main Street
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hugosfrogbar.com/
- Phone: 6305483764
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Saturday and Sunday 8am-3pm
Lunch: Daily 11am-3pm
Dinner: Daily: 3pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jose Sosa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live blues & jazz piano nightly.
A word from Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville
Pristine seafood & prime steaks. The freshest and best available is delivered twice daily to complement our world famous Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse steaks. Crab cakes, frog legs, and new favorites highlight our new menu. Live blues in the bar nightly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (177)fit for foodies (123)neighborhood gem (101)great for outdoor dining (92)good for groups (89)vibrant bar scene (85)hot spot (80)romantic (76)notable wine list (75)great for lunch (73)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (9)scenic view (8)Show More
- Birthday DinnerJsmorelDined on 10/25/2014Very nice place. We celebrated my husbands birthday with some friends. I ordered the salmon, which I really do when eating out and I was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealDatenightVIPDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant is one of our favorites and Saturday's meal continued to support that premise. We had the Dover Sole and Halibut both were outstanding and cooked as ordered. The wine and service just added to the already great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeRossnmeVIPDined on 10/25/2014The food is always wonderful, our server never misleads us on selections. I would recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceSmittyDined on 10/21/2014John S. was our waiter. He made our lunch a very pleasant experience. The special of the day was white fish with a beet salad. Very fresh and tasty. My friend and I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had better...onlinesummieDined on 10/19/2014the service and ambiance were outstanding but... the food were OK! we had better our main course, we ordered king crab and lobster tail, both were fair...while i can taste they were fresh but it is not as yummy as they should unfortunately...Special Features:
- Something has changed!!Yum1VIPDined on 10/19/2014Used to be one of our favorites...not so much now. Had terrible service and 2 bad steaks and a weird combo scallop dish. Not going back for a long, long time. Steaks were not cooked correctly and one was stringy like over tenderized.
- Excellent !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2014Excellent service.....crab cakes are to die for! Chilean Sea Bass is phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!DoubleJDined on 10/17/2014We really love Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House. We visit at least six times per year. The food is excellent. The fish is fresh and the drinks are cold. A fabulous timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IdlingQueenDined on 10/16/2014What happened to the steak sandwich? When our daughter ordered it a while back, it had nice, trimmed slices that she could bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnersuburbanSinatraDined on 10/15/2014called ahead to advise of anniversary Classy joint, great bar with tvs, white tablecloth rest Had tuna poke app- delish! Porterhouse and Halibut for main course Anniversary mousse cake on the house Great service , incredible food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snooty and eliteistSusanVIPDined on 10/13/2014I love thier fish tacos when I have been there for lunch and they are not on the dinner menu so asked our waiter if I could get them as they are my fav! They already took the tuna salad which was awesome off the menu years ago so miss my favorite items. I was told that I could not have fish tacos for dinner so ordered the tuna poke - which was fine but not really what I wanted. The service is top notch here (to match the prices) and I think my visits to Hugo's are coming to an end. To little reason to go here when there are so many other choices when I cannot order what I want.
- Hugo's Evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/11/2014The food was never better. We have been to this restaurant several times over the last few years. The menu is basically the same but the cuts of meat and fish were fantastic. The prices seemed to be higher than what we recall but still a very nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 10/10/2014Noise level is pretty high due to large groups in attendanceSpecial Features:
- The Best In NapervilleGOODFOODDined on 10/5/2014The food is class A. The atmosphere was nice, and the service was great! Definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fast service, priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014My wife and I dined at Hugo's as an impromtu date night. I have been to their Chicago establishment before and enjoyed it. The Naperville location is a little cozier and had a less 'snobbish' feel, so I appreciated that. We had made reservations a couple of days prior and we were seated immediately upon checking in despite it being fairly crowed - that was VERY appreciated since my wife is 7 months pregnant and standing around at the bar waiting for our table wouldn't have been pleasant. The service was quick and efficient, no complaints there. My only complaint would be that Open Table has Hugo's listed as a $$$ restaurant and I would argue that it should definitely be $$$$. I've dined at Morton's which is a $$$$ and its equivalent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceCALreviewsDined on 10/4/2014We celebrated or 45 wedding anniversary at Hugo's Frog Bar and it was wonderful. We had our own private booth, the wait staff was amazing as was the food. We would absolutely go back to try some of their other entrees. Loved it!Special Features:
- Good food and serviceAnneDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed the book binders soup, which is very flavorful though light on seafood. The tuna and the and the sea bass were prepared very well; tender and fresh. The flourless chocolate cake was a nice finish. Very rich - a couple bites with a cup of coffee was plenty.
- Girls night outOhBoyDined on 10/3/2014Went with 3 girlfriends for dinner and drinks. Drinks were delicious, especially if they were unusual. Dinner was amazing. Each of us felt like we had the best dish. Shrimp DeJonge, filet mignonette, seared scallops. Best value: $3 lobster bisque! Skip: baked sweet potato in maple butter (had little flavor, surprisingly). Fun place yet romantic in its own way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Naperville's finestTravelerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Good times, great food and perfect service by Rich and Bonnie. Menu and wine list have all the favorites and some specialties too. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- longtimeopentabledinerlongtimeopentabledinerDined on 9/27/2014Fabulous restaurant. Cannot say enough good about this place. Have been there many times and always excellent. Very knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My FavoritesDatenightVIPDined on 9/27/2014Once again a pleasurable experience we ordered the Dover Sole and Sea Bass and they were outstanding. We ordered a Pinot Grigio to go with the fish and that enhanced the meal. Finally, the wait staff was attentive, courteous and seemed very us to special requests that he fulfilled without question. Bottom line a great experience.Special Features:
- Exceptional ServiceTraditionVIPDined on 9/26/2014Please to have been seated promptly and the service was exceptional. Crab legs were spectacular! Many, many thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hugo's NapervilleOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/26/2014The service was great as always. I had the Dover Sole which was excellent and my buddy had great filet. The tuna and calamari apps. were great. The loaded wedges were so/so, skimpy on the bacon and the tomatoes. We had the crab mac and cheese side with our entree's which had no crab and tasted like paste for $16 which they so kindly took off the bill. Overall a very good meal with great service.Special Features:
- Always a great restaurantfoodieVIPDined on 9/23/2014Hugo's is one of our very favorite restaurants in the Chicago area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectIceFishingVIPDined on 9/23/2014Dinner was great...Tom our server was outstanding and I always try to request him...the win was fantastic! Thanks!Special Features:
- jimandsueDined on 9/20/2014The food was very good, but the service was even better. The restaurant is a bit too loud for my taste, but that minor comment will not keep us from coming back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Hugo's never disappoints. We love the atmosphere in addition to the food. Shrimp cocktail is so fresh and delicious. We had the scallops and risotto which was excellent. Of course the crab cakes are always great.Special Features:
- Best inexpensive lunch aroundFrostyVIPDined on 9/20/2014You can't beat a lunch of their clam chowder, wedge lettuce salad and a slider with home made fries /chips. The service is friendly and efficient but not rushed. The food is tasty and portioned nicely. You have to request the bread and both the French and raisin bread are delicious.Special Features:
- So THAT'S Hugo's!JSANvilleDined on 9/19/2014Once there and a friend told me this was actually part of the Gibson's family, it all made sense. Friendly service and wonderful food. I also liked that we were not pushed out the door when we finished (if they were more full, that may have understandably changed). I was only halfway through my meal when I told my wife "we are definitely coming back here." Only negative was that we didn't realize there was valet service until we walked up - that one's on me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good - butDrPhreadDined on 9/19/2014My wife's lobster tail was overcooked. Sent it back for another and it too was overcooked. I believe the charring was not really necessary, because it left the meat tougher. I guess that is the way they cook it so she will not get another. My Chicago Cut ribeye was excellent though and quite tasty. We will go back, just not order the lobster tail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in NapervillePapaKDined on 9/18/2014This was our first time at Hugo's and I can honest say it served the best seafood in Naperville. We started with their famous "sauted frog legs", some escargo, huge fresh crab cakes and 1/2 dozen tasty oysters. I had the Chilean Sea Bass, which was served in a complimentary pea sauce, and my wife had the Crab Stuffed Shrimp. Both were unbelievable and we just had to share. Desert was some type of chocolate ice cream creation that really topped us off. The server really knew his stuff and romantically described each meal (lots of adjectives that made our mouth water), was quick but not too fast with the help of the busers. Hugo's will now be another favorite spot for us. Highly recommend it. Oh, FYI the Gibson steaks looked great too.Special Features:
- Great, as alwaysRitaDined on 9/17/2014Hugo's is one of our favorite Naperville restaurants. I usually order the filet medallions, which are great, but this time I decided to try something different and had the 12 oz. Ranch Pork Chop with sweet potato puree and applesauce. It was delicious! Their pear blossom drink is truly the best drink I've ever had anywhere. We enjoyed the outdoor patio, knowing the nice weather days will not last forever! As usual, the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Always a gemRossnmeVIPDined on 9/17/2014We go here whenever we get a chance take friends and relatives. Service outstanding, food even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too noisyBillVIPDined on 9/16/2014I like this Hugo Frog, find it impossible to carry on any conversation there due to the extreme noise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latest trip to the Frog!MichaelDined on 9/16/2014As usual, our experience this time was outstanding! By far the best Steak and Seafood restaurant in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. We had a business dinner for 6 people, Holland Dover Sole exquisite, Bone in Filet excellent and cooked perfectly. Consistent quality. Nick Massa the GM could not do more to provide a great experience. Hugo's is our go to place when we want to impress and make sure that things are done right!! Michael Colucci CEO IDILUS LLCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food too noisyravenVIPDined on 9/16/2014when we were there it appeared that over 60 people were crammed into the area where we were seated they were so noisy we couldn't hear one another talk. Evidently it was some business meeting in public. Totally annoying. Great food great service poor ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakloverDined on 9/15/2014I made a reservation through open table. When we got there they cod not find the reservation and then called me at the table I the restaurant to tell me I had a reservation at 7:30 and wasn't there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for an occasionRf20Dined on 9/10/2014Great food , great frog legs and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Luncheon CelebrationShirlDined on 9/10/2014We're never disappointed at Hugo's Naperville. Tom was excellent in seeing that our needs were met and the manager dropped by to check on and welcome us. My husband had the frog legs and they were delish tho the rice could be warmer. The dessert is one to be sure to try... chocolate flourless cake with serving of ice cream. Absolutely amazingly wonderful, yum, yum. Give it a try. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Good food w great flavorNjoygoodfoodDined on 9/8/2014Food was very good. Good service and excellent food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.