Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville
55 South Main Street
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hugosfrogbar.com/
- Phone: 6305483764
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Saturday and Sunday 8am-3pm
Lunch: Daily 11am-3pm
Dinner: Daily: 3pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jose Sosa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live blues & jazz piano nightly.
A word from Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville
Pristine seafood & prime steaks. The freshest and best available is delivered twice daily to complement our world famous Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse steaks. Crab cakes, frog legs, and new favorites highlight our new menu. Live blues in the bar nightly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (172)fit for foodies (112)great for outdoor dining (103)neighborhood gem (100)vibrant bar scene (91)good for groups (76)great for lunch (73)hot spot (73)romantic (72)notable wine list (68)late-night find (28)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (9)Show More
- Way too noisyBillVIPDined on 9/16/2014I like this Hugo Frog, find it impossible to carry on any conversation there due to the extreme noise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latest trip to the Frog!MichaelDined on 9/16/2014As usual, our experience this time was outstanding! By far the best Steak and Seafood restaurant in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. We had a business dinner for 6 people, Holland Dover Sole exquisite, Bone in Filet excellent and cooked perfectly. Consistent quality. Nick Massa the GM could not do more to provide a great experience. Hugo's is our go to place when we want to impress and make sure that things are done right!! Michael Colucci CEO IDILUS LLCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food too noisyravenVIPDined on 9/16/2014when we were there it appeared that over 60 people were crammed into the area where we were seated they were so noisy we couldn't hear one another talk. Evidently it was some business meeting in public. Totally annoying. Great food great service poor ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakloverDined on 9/15/2014I made a reservation through open table. When we got there they cod not find the reservation and then called me at the table I the restaurant to tell me I had a reservation at 7:30 and wasn't there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for an occasionRf20Dined on 9/10/2014Great food , great frog legs and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Luncheon CelebrationShirlDined on 9/10/2014We're never disappointed at Hugo's Naperville. Tom was excellent in seeing that our needs were met and the manager dropped by to check on and welcome us. My husband had the frog legs and they were delish tho the rice could be warmer. The dessert is one to be sure to try... chocolate flourless cake with serving of ice cream. Absolutely amazingly wonderful, yum, yum. Give it a try. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Good food w great flavorNjoygoodfoodDined on 9/8/2014Food was very good. Good service and excellent food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewReviewDined on 9/6/2014This was an excellent choice for my special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice eveningTraditionVIPDined on 9/6/2014Crab legs are always spectacular and the key reason we love to go to Hugos. Waiter service this evening was very timely and attentive. The delay in getting seated though is a little disappointing, especially when you travel 45 minutes. You should not have to wait 45 minutes for a table that you reserved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday NightLarryVIPDined on 9/6/2014We go to Hugo's in Naperville at least twice a month and this was the first time it did not live up to our normal expectations. We had to remind our server about our salads before they were brought out and the Linguini with White Wine Clam sauce was not a very good dish. Having said that, everyone has an off night and this will not stop us from our frequent visits to a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed dinnercassDined on 9/6/2014It is expensive, but things that are really good always are. This will be more of a special occasion because of the price, but the food was excellent and the service was superior.Special Features:
- DonnaDonnaDined on 9/5/2014We have been to Hugo's a lot for both lunch and dinner and we love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Hugo'sMaryDined on 9/4/2014This is my favorite place in Naperville to eat. The food and service are always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crab cakes!susieDined on 9/4/2014Hugo's serves the best crab cakes ever! Also , the bookbinders soup is delicious! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outFroggerDined on 9/3/2014Hugo Frogs is a wonderful atmosphere for a romantic dinner, or a night out with friends. Slightly on the costly side, so if you are on a budget, keep looking for another spot. If money isn't a problem, it's a fabulous place to wine & dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab LegsMwinkDined on 9/2/2014Simply put the crab legs were - OUTSTANDING!!! Some of best I've haas:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was greatMarcyDined on 8/30/2014Although pretty expensive if you order a really nice dinner ...Our bill was close to $200.00 with three drinks, food was great and we really enjoyed the outdoor patio.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinner!SurfNTurfDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I went to Hugo's for our anniversary this weekend. We started with the sauteed frog legs as an appetizer. I'd never had them before and I was very pleased. They had the texture of a chicken leg but the taste was "lighter"... it's hard to describe. I ordered the pan seared scallops with pea and fava bean risotto. We both agreed the scallops were the best we've ever had - rich and buttery with a nice soft texture. The risotto was delicious as well. My wife ordered the petit filet mignon, medium well. I tried a couple bites and was impressed. I prefer my steaks medium rare, but hers was still tender and flavorful. The atmosphere was classy and the server was very attentive yet non-intrusive. We'll definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLuvswineDined on 8/29/2014A great place to sit fown, relax and unwind from life. Upscale, great service, great food, popular.... a great place to celebrate that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not enough for the prices1234Dined on 8/29/2014portions were small and and prices were too high for the portion sizes.Special Features:
- Special OccasionGrahamDined on 8/29/2014Went to dinner with the family for our anniversary. Had an excellent waiter and some great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite!RebeccaDined on 8/28/2014Hugo's is just the right combination of great food, energizing environment, and excellent staff to make it a favorite! The outdoor dining is just about the best outdoor spot in Naperville. Highly recommended for dinner or lunch.Special Features:
- Great dinneryyydmr1Dined on 8/28/2014We spent a wonder evening at Hugo' Frog Bar in Naperville. The food (best crab cakes ever) and service were outstanding. We were seated promptly upon arrival. The timely service continued throughout the evening. Everything including the deserts were wonderful. I would highly recommend Hugo's for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and DeliciousMissyDined on 8/27/2014Hugo's has their meat and fish delivered daily. Their menu is pricey but you get the quality you're paying for. I recommend this restaurant to seafood lovers. There is not much on the menu if you don't like seafood and no vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodfoodnutDined on 8/27/2014Everything about Hugo's Frog was fabulous. The food and service exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of funOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014Great patio with live music. Excellent food. Love the crab legs.Special Features:
- MemorableMemorableVIPDined on 8/24/2014Thanks for a memorable birthday!!!!!!!!!! Much appreciated. Kris Sandra
- Amazing!!EpicYumfestDined on 8/23/2014The service was just as amazing as the food (and the food was AMAZING!!) Staff didn't miss a beat even though we were a fairly large group for my husband's birthday. We will definitely return... SOON! Everything was absolutely delish! yumfest!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hugo'sGenevamomVIPDined on 8/23/2014Dined outside as the restaurant was dark and very noisy. Wines very overpriced for the offerings but still enjoyed a great cab. Was turned off when bus boy dumped all remaining fluids in a plantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute FindChiTownFoodieFanDined on 8/22/2014After spending the afternoon/early evening looking at real estate in Naperville, we decided to have dinner locally. I quickly found Hugo's on my ap and was able to reserve a table for 30 minutes later. Twenty minutes later, we walked into a beautiful restaurant, were seated immediately and dined on amazing food- LOVED THE OYSTERS! Our waiter was knowledgable and very pleasant. The manager stopped by to see that everything was to our liking; he seemed to know many in the dining room. We will return to Hugo's again and again, especially if we move to Naperville. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid!MichaelVIPDined on 8/22/2014Good food and service that was unbelievable. Halibut for my bride and Tuna here were both solid choices and recommended by the attentive server. Tried the frog legs...they were interesting. Would do it again...Special Features:
- Disappointing serviceDisappointedDined on 8/21/2014We planned a special celebration for some friends and unfortunately, we were disappointed with the level of service. We have been to Hugo's several times and loved everything about it. This time we had to chase down the waiter to place our drink order and he did not follow up after we received our order. We were very disappointed with the poor service. We expected the same level or better than previous visits.Special Features:
- Find Another Retauranttmw1VIPDined on 8/21/2014For starters, when we checked in they had no record of our Open Table reservation. No acknowledgement of a mistake. No apology given. We should have taken this as an omen and left. Our mistake. The food, at best, was "bland" and uninteresting. For instance, the bookbinder soup was barely warm, poorly seasoned, and the seafood overcooked and "mushy." There were a few low to moderately priced items on the menu, but for the most part everything was overpriced. Service was an oxymoron. To compound the fiasco an "amplified" piano player/singer in the bar area "bled" high-decibel music(?) into the dining area so people had to almost shout to be heard. Bad experience from start to finish. Our recommendation? Go somewhere else.
- TeamATLDined on 8/20/2014There were 3 of us for dinner and two got the surf and turf with filet mignon and crap legs and I got the lobster tails. The steak, crap legs and lobster were outstanding, however was dissapointed in the veggies that came with the meals. The mashed potatoes were did not have much tasted and didn't have enough salt. The baked potato that came with the lobster was old and the lobster mac and cheese and asparagus were mediocre at best. The wedge salads were good. I am dissapointed that the sides did not match the quality and taste of the main dish.Special Features:
- Friendly atmosphere, great foodHappyDinerVIPDined on 8/20/2014Hugo's never fails to impress with it's friendly staff and wonderful food! This is our "go to" restaurant for any occasion or no occasion!Special Features:
- Left a little disappointedGymnast80Dined on 8/18/2014I went to Hugo's with a group of 6 for a girlfriends birthday recently and left under-impressed. None of us had been there before and had heard good things about the food so we wanted to give it a try. The food was good - nothing that blew me away - but good. However was I was really kinda of dissipointed in the service. Our waiter was not super attentive and not the most respectful. I put that I would go to Hugo's again because I would give them another try if someone wanted to go there, but I am certainly in no hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit, Won't Be the LastdmannersDined on 8/17/2014Delightful and memorable. Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. He knew the menu well and answered all our questions. We started out trying frog legs sauteed in butter and garlic. They were tender and flavorful, no disappointment here. Our main courses were Shrimp DeJonghe, in a garlic & white wine sauce w/basmati rice, King Crab stuffed shrimp served w/basmati rice & lemon butter & jumbo crab cakes w/spicy cole slaw & pink mayo. There were about 8 shrimp in each entree, very succulent with great flavor. The crab cakes were truly delectable, with a lot of tender crab, very little filler & the spicy slaw & mayo added just the right amount of kick to the cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad day at hugo'sNapervilleDined on 8/17/2014Generally Hugo's is an A! Server wasn't able to answer questions on different fish entrees on menu. I asked specifically what the flavor was, and he wasn't able to tell me other than reading the menu directly to me. My fish seemed overcooked. Salad & bread was delicious as always. Desserts were average. I have eaten at Hugo's about a dozen times in Naperville. This was the only time that I can remember that service was lacking, as well as our meals. We are a family of 4, and everyone's meal was average this specific day. I will visit Hugo's again since we had only one bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experienceMikeDined on 8/16/2014The meal was fantastic all around. We started with the a handful of oysters, for me, & the Tuna Poke, both of which were outstanding. She then had the house & I went with roasted beets salads, which were both very good. For the entrées she went with crab cakes & I went with the sea bass, a house specialty, & they were the stars of the show. The crab cakes were virtually all crab meat, with very little binder/filling, & very tender. The sea bass was phenomenal. Miso marinated so it was super light & flaky,b& almost melted into your mouth. We finished with the key lime pie. Service was very attentive, even though the server was a little uppity, which you'd expect in Naperville. All in all it was a great meal with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudHypesDined on 8/16/2014Hugo's is a favorite for us but needs to work on the noise. We were seated at a table and carrying on a conversation was next to impossible. Plus seating is very tight unless you are in one of the booths. If there is a musician in the bar make sure you are seated well in the back of the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.