Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville
55 South Main Street
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hugosfrogbar.com/
- Phone: (630) 548-3764
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Saturday and Sunday 8am-3pm
Lunch: Daily 11am-3pm
Dinner: Daily: 3pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jose Sosa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live blues & jazz piano nightly.
A word from Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville
Pristine seafood & prime steaks. The freshest and best available is delivered twice daily to complement our world famous Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse steaks. Crab cakes, frog legs, and new favorites highlight our new menu. Live blues in the bar nightly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (171)fit for foodies (126)neighborhood gem (103)good for groups (91)vibrant bar scene (86)hot spot (86)notable wine list (78)great for outdoor dining (76)romantic (74)great for lunch (74)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (8)scenic view (7)Show More
- Great Food in spite of noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2014I have always loved the service and food at Hugo's. My constant complaint is the noise level. It is hard to hold a quiet conversation and hear your table mate over the noise of the tables around you. Seating is very tight or cozy. Busy and popular which is great - but nothing to mute the noise, it just bounces off of hard surfaces and magnifies in the back room with the high ceiling. Food and service never disappoint. Top notch on all levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - not stuffyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014Great location to catch up with the girls. Try the crab & andouille mac & cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2014The food at Hugo's is very good. I like the $2 cup of soup and $2 salads. Conversely, the entrees are a bit overpriced. I had crab cakes and my wife a petit filet mignon. We both enjoyed the meal, but at $100 for two, with only one drink ordered, it is not a place I would go too often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-ratedOverratedDined on 11/15/2014Hugo's is a "place to be" in Naperville. The bar is busy and looks fun with live music but the rest is overrated and overpriced. The food is decent but basic. Flavor could be much more interesting but if you are looking for a meal that will please a lot of picky palates, you can't go wrong here. It is bustling and loud in the bar and restaurant on weekends, so prepare to speak loudly throughout the meal. On our most recent visit, we ordered a bottle of wine that our waiter brought and poured the first glass. After that, despite empty glasses upon his return to the table, he never poured another glass the rest of the meal. At these prices, I expect better service than Olive Garden. Before the meal, I ordered a basic 3-ingredient cocktail at the bar and the bartender didn't know how to make it. If you don't order one of the cocktails on the menu, wine or beer, the bartenders are terrible. Surprising for such a busy bar! So if you are looking for a busy and loud location with basic food and basic drinks at high prices, this is your place!Special Features:
- Great dining experiencePattiDined on 11/15/2014Great place to enjoy our anniversary dinner! I mentioned when making our reservation hrough Open Table that it was our anniversary and asked for a nice table. I appreciated that they honored my request and gave us a nice booth. Our food was delicious and our server great even though she was losing her voice. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningDatenightVIPDined on 11/15/2014As this is one of my favorite restaurants there is no surprise that Hugo's continues to shine with regard to food, service and wine list. Our meal this time was no exception the Salmon and Sole were spectacular along with the attentive service and wines served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Steaks & Pork ChopNancyVIPDined on 11/13/2014Always good food & service. Nice wine & beer selection. A variety of bread with an awesome raisin bread. A great wedge salad (loaded or plain). Delicious steaks & chops perfectly cooked. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First of the Season King Crab legsPapaKDined on 11/9/2014First week of November, we discovered the Very Special First of the Season Cold Water King Crab Legs on the menu. They are flown in "FRESH, not frozen" and only available this time of the year for a couple of weeks. We decided to try a pound as an add-on to our meal. I have had King Crab all over the country, which is usually frozen. I have to say this was the tastiest and most tender Crab Legs we have ever had. They were served 1 leg to the pound and hung off the edge of a large platter, served split and hot with drawn butter, which we didn't even use because the crab was so good by itself. Add some Crab Stuffed Shrimp, fresh Oysters, their famous Frog Legs, Tenderloin Steak Sandwich, Crab Cakes and Choc Mousse Pie and we were in Heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place is a gold mineFoodieonWedVIPDined on 11/8/2014Four of us went on a Saturday night. We had reservations and were seated promptly upon arrival. The place was packed and was very loud, especially up front by the bar. Fortunately, we were seated at a booth about halfway back. Three of us had the Clam chowder as an appetizer which was tasty but salty. I had crab cakes for dinner and they were the best I've every had in the Midwest. Others had frog legs (too much garlic) and the remaining two had fish. The consensus was that we weren't impressed with the meal. We've been there a couple of times before and this time our dinner just didn't meet the expectations that were set on previous visits.
- Great seafood!Stal34VIPDined on 11/6/2014The halibut was outstanding! Great service! The muddy desert pie was phenomenal. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itCB63Dined on 11/6/2014Great birthday lunch at Hugo's ! Service excellent from attractive server. Food delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Foodie Boss, was please:)MichaelDined on 11/5/2014A happy boss, is a great life!! Their cocktails exceeded the expectations of a man who is used to being spoiled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated 45 minutes after reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We had a 8pm reservation and arrived early at 7:30. We weren't seated until 8:45 and the hostesses at the front were not very helpful or empathetic as we continued to check on when we would be seated. Food was ok, but would expect more for the price.Special Features:
- susiedsDined on 11/1/2014The food was great, but came out to us on these big ugly plates that looked like were from the 80s. I would go back though because the food, service, and wine were excellent!Special Features:
- Great diningRossnmeVIPDined on 11/1/2014Whenever we have out of town guests, this is the place to take them. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Everything was great! Food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First catchLovefinefoodDined on 10/31/2014Late October first catch crab legs are wonderful! Really enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hugo's is the BestfoodieVIPDined on 10/30/2014We love Hugo's and everyone we go with to this restaurant says that it is also their very favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerJsmorelDined on 10/25/2014Very nice place. We celebrated my husbands birthday with some friends. I ordered the salmon, which I really do when eating out and I was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealDatenightVIPDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant is one of our favorites and Saturday's meal continued to support that premise. We had the Dover Sole and Halibut both were outstanding and cooked as ordered. The wine and service just added to the already great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeRossnmeVIPDined on 10/25/2014The food is always wonderful, our server never misleads us on selections. I would recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceSmittyDined on 10/21/2014John S. was our waiter. He made our lunch a very pleasant experience. The special of the day was white fish with a beet salad. Very fresh and tasty. My friend and I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had better...onlinesummieDined on 10/19/2014the service and ambiance were outstanding but... the food were OK! we had better our main course, we ordered king crab and lobster tail, both were fair...while i can taste they were fresh but it is not as yummy as they should unfortunately...Special Features:
- Something has changed!!Yum1VIPDined on 10/19/2014Used to be one of our favorites...not so much now. Had terrible service and 2 bad steaks and a weird combo scallop dish. Not going back for a long, long time. Steaks were not cooked correctly and one was stringy like over tenderized.
- Excellent !!!DisappointedVIPDined on 10/18/2014Excellent service.....crab cakes are to die for! Chilean Sea Bass is phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!DoubleJDined on 10/17/2014We really love Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House. We visit at least six times per year. The food is excellent. The fish is fresh and the drinks are cold. A fabulous timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IdlingQueenDined on 10/16/2014What happened to the steak sandwich? When our daughter ordered it a while back, it had nice, trimmed slices that she could bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnersuburbanSinatraDined on 10/15/2014called ahead to advise of anniversary Classy joint, great bar with tvs, white tablecloth rest Had tuna poke app- delish! Porterhouse and Halibut for main course Anniversary mousse cake on the house Great service , incredible food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snooty and eliteistSusanVIPDined on 10/13/2014I love thier fish tacos when I have been there for lunch and they are not on the dinner menu so asked our waiter if I could get them as they are my fav! They already took the tuna salad which was awesome off the menu years ago so miss my favorite items. I was told that I could not have fish tacos for dinner so ordered the tuna poke - which was fine but not really what I wanted. The service is top notch here (to match the prices) and I think my visits to Hugo's are coming to an end. To little reason to go here when there are so many other choices when I cannot order what I want.
- Hugo's Evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/11/2014The food was never better. We have been to this restaurant several times over the last few years. The menu is basically the same but the cuts of meat and fish were fantastic. The prices seemed to be higher than what we recall but still a very nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 10/10/2014Noise level is pretty high due to large groups in attendanceSpecial Features:
- The Best In NapervilleGOODFOODDined on 10/5/2014The food is class A. The atmosphere was nice, and the service was great! Definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fast service, priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014My wife and I dined at Hugo's as an impromtu date night. I have been to their Chicago establishment before and enjoyed it. The Naperville location is a little cozier and had a less 'snobbish' feel, so I appreciated that. We had made reservations a couple of days prior and we were seated immediately upon checking in despite it being fairly crowed - that was VERY appreciated since my wife is 7 months pregnant and standing around at the bar waiting for our table wouldn't have been pleasant. The service was quick and efficient, no complaints there. My only complaint would be that Open Table has Hugo's listed as a $$$ restaurant and I would argue that it should definitely be $$$$. I've dined at Morton's which is a $$$$ and its equivalent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceCALreviewsDined on 10/4/2014We celebrated or 45 wedding anniversary at Hugo's Frog Bar and it was wonderful. We had our own private booth, the wait staff was amazing as was the food. We would absolutely go back to try some of their other entrees. Loved it!Special Features:
- Good food and serviceAnneDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed the book binders soup, which is very flavorful though light on seafood. The tuna and the and the sea bass were prepared very well; tender and fresh. The flourless chocolate cake was a nice finish. Very rich - a couple bites with a cup of coffee was plenty.
- Girls night outOhBoyDined on 10/3/2014Went with 3 girlfriends for dinner and drinks. Drinks were delicious, especially if they were unusual. Dinner was amazing. Each of us felt like we had the best dish. Shrimp DeJonge, filet mignonette, seared scallops. Best value: $3 lobster bisque! Skip: baked sweet potato in maple butter (had little flavor, surprisingly). Fun place yet romantic in its own way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Naperville's finestTravelerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Good times, great food and perfect service by Rich and Bonnie. Menu and wine list have all the favorites and some specialties too. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- longtimeopentabledinerlongtimeopentabledinerDined on 9/27/2014Fabulous restaurant. Cannot say enough good about this place. Have been there many times and always excellent. Very knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My FavoritesDatenightVIPDined on 9/27/2014Once again a pleasurable experience we ordered the Dover Sole and Sea Bass and they were outstanding. We ordered a Pinot Grigio to go with the fish and that enhanced the meal. Finally, the wait staff was attentive, courteous and seemed very us to special requests that he fulfilled without question. Bottom line a great experience.Special Features:
- Exceptional ServiceTraditionVIPDined on 9/26/2014Please to have been seated promptly and the service was exceptional. Crab legs were spectacular! Many, many thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.