Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville
55 South Main Street
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hugosfrogbar.com/
- Phone: 6305483764
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Saturday and Sunday 8am-3pm
Lunch: Daily 11am-3pm
Dinner: Daily: 3pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jose Sosa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live blues & jazz piano nightly.
A word from Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville
Pristine seafood & prime steaks. The freshest and best available is delivered twice daily to complement our world famous Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse steaks. Crab cakes, frog legs, and new favorites highlight our new menu. Live blues in the bar nightly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
287 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (177)fit for foodies (119)great for outdoor dining (103)neighborhood gem (103)vibrant bar scene (94)good for groups (80)hot spot (79)romantic (75)notable wine list (73)great for lunch (73)late-night find (29)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (10)Show More
- Naperville's finestTravelerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Good times, great food and perfect service by Rich and Bonnie. Menu and wine list have all the favorites and some specialties too. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- longtimeopentabledinerlongtimeopentabledinerDined on 9/27/2014Fabulous restaurant. Cannot say enough good about this place. Have been there many times and always excellent. Very knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My FavoritesDatenightVIPDined on 9/27/2014Once again a pleasurable experience we ordered the Dover Sole and Sea Bass and they were outstanding. We ordered a Pinot Grigio to go with the fish and that enhanced the meal. Finally, the wait staff was attentive, courteous and seemed very us to special requests that he fulfilled without question. Bottom line a great experience.Special Features:
- Hugo's NapervilleOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/26/2014The service was great as always. I had the Dover Sole which was excellent and my buddy had great filet. The tuna and calamari apps. were great. The loaded wedges were so/so, skimpy on the bacon and the tomatoes. We had the crab mac and cheese side with our entree's which had no crab and tasted like paste for $16 which they so kindly took off the bill. Overall a very good meal with great service.Special Features:
- Always a great restaurantfoodieVIPDined on 9/23/2014Hugo's is one of our very favorite restaurants in the Chicago area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectIceFishingVIPDined on 9/23/2014Dinner was great...Tom our server was outstanding and I always try to request him...the win was fantastic! Thanks!Special Features:
- jimandsueDined on 9/20/2014The food was very good, but the service was even better. The restaurant is a bit too loud for my taste, but that minor comment will not keep us from coming back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Hugo's never disappoints. We love the atmosphere in addition to the food. Shrimp cocktail is so fresh and delicious. We had the scallops and risotto which was excellent. Of course the crab cakes are always great.Special Features:
- Best inexpensive lunch aroundFrostyVIPDined on 9/20/2014You can't beat a lunch of their clam chowder, wedge lettuce salad and a slider with home made fries /chips. The service is friendly and efficient but not rushed. The food is tasty and portioned nicely. You have to request the bread and both the French and raisin bread are delicious.Special Features:
- So THAT'S Hugo's!JSANvilleDined on 9/19/2014Once there and a friend told me this was actually part of the Gibson's family, it all made sense. Friendly service and wonderful food. I also liked that we were not pushed out the door when we finished (if they were more full, that may have understandably changed). I was only halfway through my meal when I told my wife "we are definitely coming back here." Only negative was that we didn't realize there was valet service until we walked up - that one's on me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good - butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014My wife's lobster tail was overcooked. Sent it back for another and it too was overcooked. I believe the charring was not really necessary, because it left the meat tougher. I guess that is the way they cook it so she will not get another. My Chicago Cut ribeye was excellent though and quite tasty. We will go back, just not order the lobster tail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in NapervillePapaKDined on 9/18/2014This was our first time at Hugo's and I can honest say it served the best seafood in Naperville. We started with their famous "sauted frog legs", some escargo, huge fresh crab cakes and 1/2 dozen tasty oysters. I had the Chilean Sea Bass, which was served in a complimentary pea sauce, and my wife had the Crab Stuffed Shrimp. Both were unbelievable and we just had to share. Desert was some type of chocolate ice cream creation that really topped us off. The server really knew his stuff and romantically described each meal (lots of adjectives that made our mouth water), was quick but not too fast with the help of the busers. Hugo's will now be another favorite spot for us. Highly recommend it. Oh, FYI the Gibson steaks looked great too.Special Features:
- Great, as alwaysRitaDined on 9/17/2014Hugo's is one of our favorite Naperville restaurants. I usually order the filet medallions, which are great, but this time I decided to try something different and had the 12 oz. Ranch Pork Chop with sweet potato puree and applesauce. It was delicious! Their pear blossom drink is truly the best drink I've ever had anywhere. We enjoyed the outdoor patio, knowing the nice weather days will not last forever! As usual, the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Always a gemRossnmeDined on 9/17/2014We go here whenever we get a chance take friends and relatives. Service outstanding, food even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too noisyBillVIPDined on 9/16/2014I like this Hugo Frog, find it impossible to carry on any conversation there due to the extreme noise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latest trip to the Frog!MichaelDined on 9/16/2014As usual, our experience this time was outstanding! By far the best Steak and Seafood restaurant in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. We had a business dinner for 6 people, Holland Dover Sole exquisite, Bone in Filet excellent and cooked perfectly. Consistent quality. Nick Massa the GM could not do more to provide a great experience. Hugo's is our go to place when we want to impress and make sure that things are done right!! Michael Colucci CEO IDILUS LLCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food too noisyravenVIPDined on 9/16/2014when we were there it appeared that over 60 people were crammed into the area where we were seated they were so noisy we couldn't hear one another talk. Evidently it was some business meeting in public. Totally annoying. Great food great service poor ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakloverDined on 9/15/2014I made a reservation through open table. When we got there they cod not find the reservation and then called me at the table I the restaurant to tell me I had a reservation at 7:30 and wasn't there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for an occasionRf20Dined on 9/10/2014Great food , great frog legs and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Luncheon CelebrationShirlDined on 9/10/2014We're never disappointed at Hugo's Naperville. Tom was excellent in seeing that our needs were met and the manager dropped by to check on and welcome us. My husband had the frog legs and they were delish tho the rice could be warmer. The dessert is one to be sure to try... chocolate flourless cake with serving of ice cream. Absolutely amazingly wonderful, yum, yum. Give it a try. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Good food w great flavorNjoygoodfoodDined on 9/8/2014Food was very good. Good service and excellent food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewReviewDined on 9/6/2014This was an excellent choice for my special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice eveningTraditionVIPDined on 9/6/2014Crab legs are always spectacular and the key reason we love to go to Hugos. Waiter service this evening was very timely and attentive. The delay in getting seated though is a little disappointing, especially when you travel 45 minutes. You should not have to wait 45 minutes for a table that you reserved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday NightLarryVIPDined on 9/6/2014We go to Hugo's in Naperville at least twice a month and this was the first time it did not live up to our normal expectations. We had to remind our server about our salads before they were brought out and the Linguini with White Wine Clam sauce was not a very good dish. Having said that, everyone has an off night and this will not stop us from our frequent visits to a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed dinnercassVIPDined on 9/6/2014It is expensive, but things that are really good always are. This will be more of a special occasion because of the price, but the food was excellent and the service was superior.Special Features:
- DonnaDonnaDined on 9/5/2014We have been to Hugo's a lot for both lunch and dinner and we love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Hugo'sMaryDined on 9/4/2014This is my favorite place in Naperville to eat. The food and service are always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crab cakes!susieDined on 9/4/2014Hugo's serves the best crab cakes ever! Also , the bookbinders soup is delicious! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outFroggerDined on 9/3/2014Hugo Frogs is a wonderful atmosphere for a romantic dinner, or a night out with friends. Slightly on the costly side, so if you are on a budget, keep looking for another spot. If money isn't a problem, it's a fabulous place to wine & dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab LegsMwinkDined on 9/2/2014Simply put the crab legs were - OUTSTANDING!!! Some of best I've haas:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was greatMarcyDined on 8/30/2014Although pretty expensive if you order a really nice dinner ...Our bill was close to $200.00 with three drinks, food was great and we really enjoyed the outdoor patio.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinner!SurfNTurfDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I went to Hugo's for our anniversary this weekend. We started with the sauteed frog legs as an appetizer. I'd never had them before and I was very pleased. They had the texture of a chicken leg but the taste was "lighter"... it's hard to describe. I ordered the pan seared scallops with pea and fava bean risotto. We both agreed the scallops were the best we've ever had - rich and buttery with a nice soft texture. The risotto was delicious as well. My wife ordered the petit filet mignon, medium well. I tried a couple bites and was impressed. I prefer my steaks medium rare, but hers was still tender and flavorful. The atmosphere was classy and the server was very attentive yet non-intrusive. We'll definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLuvswineDined on 8/29/2014A great place to sit fown, relax and unwind from life. Upscale, great service, great food, popular.... a great place to celebrate that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not enough for the prices1234Dined on 8/29/2014portions were small and and prices were too high for the portion sizes.Special Features:
- Special OccasionGrahamDined on 8/29/2014Went to dinner with the family for our anniversary. Had an excellent waiter and some great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite!RebeccaDined on 8/28/2014Hugo's is just the right combination of great food, energizing environment, and excellent staff to make it a favorite! The outdoor dining is just about the best outdoor spot in Naperville. Highly recommended for dinner or lunch.Special Features:
- Great dinneryyydmr1Dined on 8/28/2014We spent a wonder evening at Hugo' Frog Bar in Naperville. The food (best crab cakes ever) and service were outstanding. We were seated promptly upon arrival. The timely service continued throughout the evening. Everything including the deserts were wonderful. I would highly recommend Hugo's for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and DeliciousMissyDined on 8/27/2014Hugo's has their meat and fish delivered daily. Their menu is pricey but you get the quality you're paying for. I recommend this restaurant to seafood lovers. There is not much on the menu if you don't like seafood and no vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodfoodnutDined on 8/27/2014Everything about Hugo's Frog was fabulous. The food and service exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of funOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014Great patio with live music. Excellent food. Love the crab legs.Special Features: