Hugo's Cellar - Four Queens
202 Fremont St
Las Vegas, NV 89101Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $50 and over
Hugo's Cellar - Four Queens
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fourqueens.com/
- Phone: 7023854011
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Continental, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Butch Lidgett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 3rd Street and Casino Center
- Public Transit: The Deuce and the Ace strip buses drop off is on Casino Center Drive adjacent to the Four Queens Hotel and Casino and pick up is on Casino Center Drive adjacent to Binion's Gambling Hall
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is located at front entrance of the hotel off of the 3rd Street Cul-de-Sac Self parking is located off of Carson Street between 3rd Street and Casino Center Drive (please bring parking ticket for restaurant validation).
A word from Hugo's Cellar - Four Queens
Hugo's Cellar is a romantic setting for gourmet dining, perfect for all occasions. Ladies are greeted with a long-stemmed rose and welcomed to a warm and gracious atmosphere by our attentive staff. The classic old-style Vegas menu features a table side salad included with all entrees, featuring black Angus beef, veal, duck chicken, flown-in-fresh seafood and numerous classics, all served with seasonal vegetables. Finish your meal with our table-side flambeed desserts and our crowning delights of white and dark chocolate dipped strawberries, apricot and figs. Voted best gourmet room by The Best of Las Vegas Review Journal 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Hugo's Cellar - Four Queens - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Hugo's Cellar - Four Queens reviews from OpenTable diners
341 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (292)special occasion (282)notable wine list (146)fit for foodies (89)neighborhood gem (79)good for groups (65)late-night find (29)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Highest marks!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Great food served the way it used to be! Salad prepared table side. Fabulous chocolate dessert included. Even have châteaubriand and beef Wellington. Not proper atmosphere for children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was the most amazing restaurant that we had ever eaten in, the food was so good that we had a food hangover the next day. I would so recommend this place when in Vegas for dinner. It beats anything we have here in Washington State the service was so great the waiters where amazing Thank you for such a great experience.Special Features:
- Old Style Vegas Dining!lindenjlDined on 8/22/2014Recommended to us by a friend. Old style Vegas dining - the decor, staff in tuxedos, red rose for women guests upon entering, table side salad prep. Food is cooked very well; our service group was great (2 servers & asst). Host was very friendly and the wine sommelier was great! Place has history and you get away from the crazy loud diners that you could run into at other establishments. Would return in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon delightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014My wife and I and another couple came for a great meal for our honeymoons and your staff and food greatly exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary gemHappydinersDined on 8/21/2014Great place to celebrate an anniversary. They found us a quiet table and even provided a surprise dessert for us. The food was wonderful and the service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our yearly tradition1ColoradoCoupleDined on 8/21/2014My wife any come to Las Vegas yearly, and we found Hugo's last year. The staff are courteous and efficient. We both agree Hugo's is the nicest restaurant for a spot of romance. Victor, especially, is one of the nicest, most pleasant people we've come across in our 30 years of marriage and dining out. The food is spot-on perfect, the seafood is fresh, the steaks are to die for and the ambiance is second to none. Many thanks, Hugo's! Chris and Carol DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime RibLuv2eatoutDined on 8/20/2014We have been going to Vegas for a lot of years and had a Limo driver tell us this was the best place to have a steak or prime rib. We went and it was the BEST PRIME RIB I have ever had and I have had a lot of them. My wife had the seafood trio and she said it was a great combination and right size portions. The setting is a throw back in time very impressive with top notch service from the time we walked in till the time we left. Staff and food presentation are over the top. We will be back plenty more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FootOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014The food, presentation and service was top shelf. The staff was extremely helpful and personal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014I gave an overall rating of two stars simply because of the food. Everything else was excellent. We always go to Hugo's for the Chateaubriand for two with lobster. They used to carve the tenderloin at the table in more than ample quantity with a good size lobster tail. This time, we received a dry, tiny filet with a very small lobster tail. Our favorite restaurant in downtown Las Vegas probably won't be our choice next time.
- Absolutely FabulousWrenchMonkey57Dined on 8/17/2014Took my wife here for a anniversary dinner and was pleased as ever. I have been before but this was her first time and she was not disappointed at all! Vincent is the most amazing server and very attentive. The chef knows just how to excite your taste buds, and the entire experience is one you will want to experience again and again. Thank you to Hugo's for making such a special evening that much more special.Special Features:
- Birthday dinersDougDined on 8/16/2014Whenever in Las Vegas the wife and I always have dinner here on Sat. night. "Bucket of martini's" served to my wife is always a fun touch. The bartender and wait staff are very professional and the food is top notch. The Sommelier always remembers us and recommends very good wine at a reasonable price. Will always return when in Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent....Fireman692Dined on 8/16/2014First time to Hugo's, definitely not my last...everything was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningsnootyDined on 8/15/2014Old Vegas charm - exceptional service from all personnel. Staff was spot on - never invasive but right there. Wonderful entertaining sommelier. Enjoyable evening. A definite must do!Special Features:
- A Special PlaceMAtravelerDined on 8/14/2014This is the place for a special occasion! We chose this for our 25th Anniversary dinner upon recommendation of a local Cab Driver. It was wonderful then, and we have returned every time we come to Las Vegas. The service is outstanding--from the rose presented to the ladies upon arrival to the chocolate dipped fruits and warm hand towel at the finish. Having a salad made to order at the table and the lovely sorbet to cleanse the palate after were high points for our friends. Everyone raved about their entrees (and we all got something different). The desserts looked divine, but we did not have room after the spectacular meal. Hugo's Cellar is a must visit!Special Features:
- Hidden Jewel35vegastripsDined on 8/13/2014Hugos Cellar is a must dineing experience for both the first time Vegas goer and the most seasoned veteran. Old school dining at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingwineNdine9191Dined on 8/12/2014This is my third time coming to Hugo's Cellar. It has become a tradition every time we visit Vegas. Everything is wonderful from the Long stem red rose to the dessert. The service is terrific. They make sure everything is beyond perfect. Wine selection is fantastic and everything I have order has been superb. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic and old schoolDiningDDined on 8/11/2014Good food and old school steakhouse vibe. Great escape from the "unique" atmosphere of Fremont Street.Special Features:
- Vintage VegaspamelaDined on 8/11/2014If you are looking for a great spot in downtown Vegas we would highly recommend Hugos. The table side salad service is so old school but was great entertainment provided by Victor our server. The steak wax amazing and perfectly done and everyone loved their meals. The chocolate covered strawberries and figs plate was a great dessert that w as included in the meal price. All of the women in our party got a red rose when we arrived. Be, sure to include Hugos when going down t own to Fremont Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place but DatedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014We had very reliable food. Nothing made us go wow. Reminded us of eating on the cruise ship. The salad that everyone talked about was a little lack luster. Not many normal salad veggies (no cukes, olives, carrots, peppers) but the concept was great. Food was presented in a timely manner. The servers were very friendly. There was little seasoning on the beef (I had an end cut of prime rib and my husband the filet de beouf.) Mashed potatoes, wild rice, and veggies were good. Fruit platter was good. Brought us a piece of cheesecake because it was our anniversary. Very thoughtful. Overall it was good... Just not WOW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCubaLibreDozoDined on 8/10/2014First off, I am a huge fan of Hugo's Cellar and dine there every time I come to Vegas. On this particular occasion, my wife and I had dinner plans elsewhere, but we couldn't pass up the opportunity to have the greatest dessert ever made - Bananas Foster. We arrived just before 10pm on a Sunday evening and the place was less than 1/4 full. We told our server that we were just interested in Bananas Foster and coffee. Our server came back and informed us that Hugo's no longer serves "just dessert", but if we cared to order an appetizer, they would let us have it. We ordered a $18 shrimp cocktail which had 3 rubbery prawns in it. I would understand this policy if it were 7:00 on a Friday, but 10:00pm on a Sunday with hardly a customer? Sad.Special Features:
- Like a fine wineloyal4lifeDined on 8/10/2014Hugo ' s Cellar is like a fine wine. The more times I visit over the past 10 years the better this establishment gets. My wife and I love Hugo ' s and we look forward to coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special Evening!cyndiDined on 8/9/2014It was so nice to back to Hugo's Cellar and have everything be just the same as it was 20 yrs ago. It's truly old world Vegas, such charm and elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemJayCDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant was suggested to us by a coworker, so we thought we would try it. We don't mind spending money on good food and unique experiences. Pros: This was unique and the food was very good. Nice touch with the rose for the ladies upon entering the restaurant. Cons: The interaction with our server, Jaime, was a bit strange. He didn't finish any of his sentences, so it made the conversation uncomfortable. Not bad necessarily, but awkward to say the least. The routine is very rehearsed from the staff. Nothing seems genuine, which is sad. They do what they do, but don't ask them to alter their routine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniquecoachDined on 8/8/2014Hugo cellar is on a lower level in the rather seedy Queens casino The service is a standout and the salad prepared at your table excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteMontanawayneDined on 8/7/2014We love Hugo's! Always on our list during our Vegas get a ways! This time it happened on the wife's birthday and the staff certainly made it memorable! Only, SLIGHTLY, negative comment would be the Hot Rock appetizer. Very cool presentation, but the food was just so so. A very minor issue in what was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find in townskinewmexicoDined on 8/7/2014Interesting menu, good food, wonderful outdoormdining area. Nice recommendation we got from Ehlers Winery.Special Features:
- Best Shrimp CocktailhugoscellarDined on 8/6/2014This was the best shrimp cocktail I have had in Vegas. Better than Bellagio, Mirage, Venetian. The crab legs were good and priced great for what he got. My filet was ordered medium rare and after cutting a few pieces on on the end they were fine. But interior of steak was raw. The waiter took it back to the kitchen and they reheated the pieces that were cut up. I would have expected a restaurant of their reputation to have made 2 new filets. Friend had New York Strip it was soft, lean but tasteless. I still think for the price salad included and chocolate covered fruit it was well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another awesome mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Always an A+ meal experience. Delicious food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!!mnvisitorsDined on 8/5/2014Perfect evening for our 25th anniversary!! I highly recommend!! The food was amazing, the service exceptional and the atmosphere perfect for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Fantastic ...We will be back~AWESOMEDined on 8/5/2014From the time you walk in and presented with a rose (for the ladies), this restaurant gives you their undivided attention. They make their customers feel special. The food is great; prepared to perfection! Couldn't have asked for a better place to make our 37th anniversary more special and bring more romance into our lives! They even surprised us with a beautiful dessert to commerate our anniversary with a special touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014We make Hugo's Cellar a go-to destination every time we visit Vegas. Everything about this place is fabulous!Special Features:
- Great place for a date night !!sportcoat2001Dined on 8/3/2014Great Food ! outstanding service !! what more could you ask for ?!Special Features:
- Step back in timeeattoliveDined on 8/2/2014I planned my husband birthday dinner here after reading many good reviews. So, so glad I did. And so very sorry I waited 15 years to try Hugo's. This is what restaurants need to return to. Intimate setting. Old school waiters that don't try to rush you. Attention to little details. Cocktails served in little ice buckets because they can't pour into just one glass. An impeccable wine list with a true sommelier who is confidant and helpful. Food that is prepared perfectly and served with style. I love when dishes are prepared tableside. It is a pleasant experience and entertaining. Your salad is prepared individually just for you at the table, and we had amazing desserts tableside as well. Chateaubriand and lobster for two. Fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERYGOODeatndowntownDined on 8/2/2014Food was very good, service was a little slow. Overall very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bill LefeverLeftyDined on 8/1/2014Came here for our 35 th wedding anniversary celebration. Everything about our meal was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italiangirl1977Italiangirl1977Dined on 8/1/2014This is one of several trips to Hugo's. We always make a point to get reservations there at least one night of our stay in Las Vegas when we head down to Freemont St. The wait service is always excellent and the food never disappoints. We love the table side custom made salads to start out. The five of us had a variety of dishes including scallops, chicken, crab cakes and a veal chop and they were prepared to perfection with very generous portions. Desserts are delicious too. And, of course, all the ladies get a long stemmed rose for dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food always great!3rdtimecustomerDined on 7/31/2014Food and service always exceptional. With a new chef and new menu, wasn't sure what to expect, but it was good. The only thing lacking was the plate presentation. Large meal, cooked correctly, but the large ice cream scoop of mashed potatoes took away from overall plate. Still will go back every time we are in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great downtown steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014Thought we would try Hugo's because of the reviews, and we were not disappointed. The food was great, the service was top notch, sommelier was very knowledgeable. We enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Fabulous!trekkerDined on 7/30/2014The outstanding service and ambiance have not changed in the more than thirty years since I discovered Hugo's Cellar for myself. The updated extensive menu has something to please everyone. The signature rose, tableside salad, plus the chocolate dipped fruit tray are mainstays that everyone I know enjoys. Rack of lamb, rosemary chicken and Chilean sea bass were prepared perfectly for my party and all dishes were excellent. Even after-dinner coffees were delicious. The Four Queens has done a wonderful job in maintaining the quality and service of this absolute gem of a restaurant.Special Features:
- We love HugosformomanddadDined on 7/29/2014We have been coming here for 30+ years. First coming with mom and dad and then after they both passed away, coming back with family. We just took some good friends there and all loved it. Their prime rib is the best. Our friend loved the sea bass. We will be back.Special Features: