2811 Washington ave.
Houston, TX 77007Neighborhood:
Heights / Washington
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hugheshangar.com/
- Phone: 8327048964
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday: 4:00pm-12am Thursday 4:00pm-12am
Friday: 4:00pm -2:00am Saturday: 7:00pm - 2:00am
Happy Hour: Wed (4-8) Thur (4-8) Fri (4-8) Sun (4-7)
Wednesday: 30% all bottles of wine
Thursday: $5 Select Tequilas
Friday: $7 specialty champagne drinks and select champagne splits
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Hughes Hangar
Hughes Hangar is a hidden gem that combines a timeless backdrop of comfort and elegance with an alluring ambiance that represents a historical 1920’s speakeasy gastro lounge. With over 3,500 square feet inside and 3,000 square feet on the outside patio this high-class establishment offers food, entertainment and well-crafted spirits. Hughes Hangar is quickly becoming Houston's favorite destination for events ranging from social office happy hours, weekend gatherings all the way to large corporate events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hughes Hangar reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance2.6Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great late-night sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The character of this place changes radically after 10:00 pm. During "Prohibition Hour", which goes up to 8:00 pm, it's mainly the after-work crowd. After that, it begins to transition to the younger, late-night dance crowd.Special Features:
- Seriously Under-whelmedkittyproVIPDined on 8/1/2014This place was dead on a Friday night. That should have been the first clue. We were seated promptly, but were given the wrong menu - and only one to share at that. When the server came to take our order, she stared at us like the deer in the headlights, as we were ordering off the wrong menu. She finally realized what was going on and fetched the correct menu. Still only one copy. We both had the Steak Diane, which was tough and overcooked. Drinks were ok. Parking is expensive - $8. I will always tip the valet well, but did not this time around. We will not be going back.
- DrinksLindaDined on 7/11/2014While we booked for dinner, there really was no checkin or stand. We just seated ourselves. Got served fairly fast. Ended up just ordering appetizers to share. But the cheese has ham which was a no go for the veggie in the group. Drinks were very good, service for that was great. Split up the check and wasn't a complete success. Left as the dining and chatting area became a night club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Hughes Hangar reviews archive.
- Not worth the pricesLauraVIPDined on 5/10/20147 PM reservation and showed up to an empty restaurant. We were not checked in so I had to email Open Table so that it didn't appear as a no show. Server was terrible. A gastropub usually has a great beer, there were a few bottles. Ordered St. Arnold's only to find out none were cold. I ordered a cocktail which was nothing special. We shared the chicken bites which were decent and the truffle waffle fries which were probably frozen Ore Ida and barely warm. Dinner was okay. Waitress charged my card twice instead of splitting it between myself and a friend. Another waitress awkwardly asked to take our menus for another customer. We told them it was my husband's birthday nothing was offered. $8 valet for them to park 10 steps away.Special Features:
- Decent Food Wonderful AtmosphereYummiliciousVIPDined on 4/25/2014Hughes Hanger is definitely a neighborhood gem. It's a great location. The atmosphere was wonderful, the service was prompt and attentive. The food was just so-so. Not a lot of variety and taste was average. The wine list was very limited and the drinks weren't very creative.Special Features:
- Diamond in the RoughMontyDined on 4/3/2014Hughes Hangar was outstanding. .the atmosphere was pleasantly vibrant despite the weather..we had a nice set of tables near the bar area..loved the look...the spirits and food were GREAT. ..we plan to take some friends in a couple of weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was great Ashley madepvfiDined on 3/19/2014service was great Ashley made us feel welcome and was very attentive , she made our first experience greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/22/2014Delicious food and drinks! Customer service is spotty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Filled AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014We had such a great time ...from the food to the great music and ambiance....We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Changed my opinionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I went into this dinner with a bad taste in my mouth from the reviews I had read & from the fact that they moved my reservations to the porch, and told me I had a time limit on my table. After having actually been there & experienced this place for my self, I'd recommend it to anyone. My wife and I loved it and had an amazing time! The food was great, the people who worked there were nice and helpful. It was just an all around good experience. We will be going back very soon. Thank you for this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place To Gather W/Friends...BigJennBabeDined on 2/8/2014This was my first time going to this spot and I rather enjoyed it. I will definitely be back with a group of friends. This place also provided Hookah's if you wanted to chill that way. All in all it was a nice spot to hang out and I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UndecidedTsilverVIPDined on 1/4/2014Our experience got better as the evening went along. Very unfriendly bartender told me we did not have a reservation. he made me show it to him from my phone, even though there were PLENTY of tables. (very strange). OnceI had proven our reservation and were seated things were great. Our waitress, Rachel, was friendly and informative about the menu. The meal was delicious. This was our first visit, and is perhaps more "club-y" than the restaurant I was hoping for.
- This was a waste of time and money.YummyVIPDined on 11/29/2013This was a lose lose situation. I ordered a salad (which was just fair) and Chicken Marsala ( which was awful and spicy). The server then asked me for my credit card !!! Before I ate or was served a morsel of food !!! I have dined all over the United States, and I have never been asked for my credit card BEFORE I was even served any food. Well, again that is the rule and I complied. I should have walked out at that point. The Chicken Marsala was too spicy, I never ever had spicy Chicken Marsala. I scraped off the chicken to make it edible and left over the rest of the food. Hughes Hangar has to be the worst restaurant on Open Table. My advise…stay away !!! Not worth your money, not worth your time. What a rip off !!!
- Did not stay for dinnerOut2DineVIPDined on 11/9/2013When we showed up for our reservation nobody from Hughes Hangar greeted us. We did ultimately find a gentleman that appeared to be a manager and asked for his assistance. He promptly found us a table (a tall table in lounge area). However, there was only one chair available, but he informed us that he would locate another chair and have a waiter take care of us. After about 15 minutes (total of about 30 minutes at the restaurant) of standing there without anyone helping us (no waiter/no chair) we decided to leave. Again, nobody took notice of our arrival or departure. Except for the valet attendant who realized we were only there for a short time.Special Features:
- Great food, but for younger crowdHFMRamDined on 10/18/2013Great food and great atmosphere, but more suited for the younger (single) crowd. Vibrant bar scene and a great place for groups to meet up. Hard to find waitresses and hard to figure out where to sit. But loved the food and loved the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service.txchicVIPDined on 10/9/2013My husband and I ordered the chicken and beef sliders which were very tasty. Our waitress Rachel was extremely accommodatiing. Since the weather was nice we requested to sit outside. But when the mosquitos began feasting on me, we requested to move back inside. Rachel was so sweet moving us back and forth. Also, the Happy Hour prices were excellent.Special Features:
- awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/14/2013we arrived on time for our reservation. we were told that the entire inside had been reserved for a private party, but we could 'choose' any of the tables outside (in the 90 something degree heat). we left. if the interior is not available to customers, management should let reserving customers know this. we were extremely disappointed. we will not try again. too many great restaurants in houston to waste your time on a place that does not have a customer service mindset.
- Is this a bar or a restaurant?PurserVIPDined on 5/11/2013We had reservations for dinner at 7:45 P.M. and had trouble finding the hostess stand. We found a group of young girls near the bar in uniform, they looked at us like deer in headlights, no one seemend to want to help us. Finally one of the girls jumped up to help but acted very confused and didn't know quite where to seat us. We were given a nice table outside, great patio. But after being seated we were left there for 15 minutes while the pack of girls at bar continued to congregate, some smoking, without a care in the world toward customer service. The whole situation made me very uncomfortable and unwelcome, I got the feeling our business was not wanted. We won't go back.
- Great decor and wonderfulRDuguidVIPDined on 3/22/2013Great decor and wonderful outdoor area, but service was woeful and incorrect entrees were brought to the table when the appetizer dishes were still sitting there!! Not kid-friendy at all. Some good menu options, and some good happy hour deals. Overall, a disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Need to pay to park anywhereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/25/2012Need to pay to park anywhere and very noisy! Was looking for Gastro Pub and found a loud rock venue.