HUE Restaurant & Lounge
2691 Kinnickinnic Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53207Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
HUE Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.huebayview.com/
- Phone: 4142940483
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vietnamese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Carina Tran
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available for catering of Vietnamese as well as traditional American food. Please contact us for details.
A word from HUE Restaurant & Lounge
A restaurant and lounge serving Vietnamese cuisine in a modern setting. We feature a bar serving a full line of beer and wines from around the world. Available for large parties as well as intimate dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
HUE Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Always GreatRoscoFoodieDined on 8/2/2014Had another great meal at Hue. Terrific food with terrific service. I highly recommend Hue!Special Features:
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014I have frequented Hue numerous times and have never been disappointed. The food is well prepared and beautifully presented and the service is wonderful.Special Features:
- Nothing awful but identity problemsdiningfarmerDined on 6/21/2014The menu was small but seemed traditional but the food was underwhelming and under seasoned, not chefy and not old world. The waitress was odd and pretentious. She took our appetizer order and then walked away without getting our friend's order. The food was boring.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Everyone in the group enjoyed their meal. The waitress was very friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceWiscguyVIPDined on 6/5/2014This neighborhood place has great food and service and provides Excellant value. Active bar with loads of specialty drinks. Very clean with friendly help for anice dining experience. A very enjoyable evening at a very fair price.Special Features:
- The following 94 reviews are from the HUE Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- great findRk62Dined on 5/17/2014Hue is simply decorated, with clean lines and a light atmosphere. It goes well with the hustle of the bar energy and the sharing of food plates at the dining tables. the menu is large. wait staff helpful in explaining, and questioning, so you don't have regrets once you make a choice. food is fresh and delivered artfully. I had enough for lunch the next day (lucky me!). the noise level may make larger groups difficult to hear across the table, but we will give it a go with another group of 6 for sure, so we can taste more of the menu!Special Features:
- Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Have eaten there several times for dinner. Always love the food and service. Wanted to try the fish fry- it was awesome!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014I love this neighborhood restaurant. I have never been disappointed with the food...great flavors. On this dining experience I had their version of a fish fry which is a nice sized portion of Swai with a tasty version of coleslaw and some rice. Very tasty. I recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Always wonderful food andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014Always wonderful food and service. We never leave disappointed. The specialty drinks are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Gluten-Free Friendly!lmgatewoodDined on 4/11/2014We eat at Hue about once a week because the food is amazing and it's Gluten Free Friendly! We are particularly fond of the sausage spring rolls and the pho!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGrobertDined on 3/11/2014every time I go to HUE the food is awesome and the service is stellar. I would recommend this to anyone of my friends and or co workers.. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING...THank you so much for the awesome experience with a small group of co workers this time..Special Features:
- Great optionsCrazdgrlDined on 3/8/2014I love the food, always amazing. The bar serves yummy creative drinks, and the staff is kind. There are many choices available from more adventurous to "basic".Special Features:
- DIfficult Group, Excellent ServerBayviewResidentDined on 2/28/2014We had a group of 5 with lots of 'special needs'. Two Gluten free, a vegan, a sodium free. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and how items could be altered to fit our needs. We had an excellent meal! The specialty cocktails were quite delicious as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to a next time.nellsDined on 2/14/2014Made a reservation for Valentine's Day. They had our table ready right away. Service was quick, food came even quicker. Our waitress was friendly , laid back yet knowledgable, and cool. Everything was delicious. The table near the window was a bit cold but the pho warmed us enough that it didn't matter much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysrosnoDined on 2/14/2014Great for Valentine's Day, or to take the kids on a Sunday night. Amazing food, friendly people. We love Hue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large PortionsValentinersDined on 2/14/2014Great Vietnamese fare at a fair price and huge portions. Food is fresh and delicious. Try the "veggie meat' you won't believe it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Haven't been here on a Friday and was surprised by the fish fry special that evening. Very different, very good tasting and very adequate.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our first experienceJRPMDVIPDined on 12/7/2013We enjoyed our first experience with Vietnamese cuisine. We each had Pho and liked the new flavor profile of herbs and spices that included cinnamon and cloves. We will definitely be back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and service!WiscguyVIPDined on 11/15/2013The food at Hue is Excellant. Especially the Pho. There is a wide choice of food and drink to choose from. Our server was absolutely the best! Timing was great and she was friendly, yet professional. Great casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food; Great +/- kidsrosnoDined on 10/13/2013Amazing as always. This time we had our 2 daughters with us (7 and 9). . .everyone loved it. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Bay View GemRVL2533Dined on 10/9/2013Far from your run of the mill food. Hue offers authentic Vietnamese food at a very reasonable price. Unlike may Vietnamese restaurants in Milwaukee, Hue is stylish, clean, and stocked with a full bar. It is defiantly one of Bay View's most popular restaurants and for good reason. Everything is great and the staff can help you navigate the menu if you are unfamiliar with the cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightfoodiecoupleDined on 10/5/2013My fiancé and I decided we wanted to try a restaurant we had not yet tried and decided on Hue. I was extremely impressed. This was our first time trying Vietnamese food so we can not compare it to any other restaurants. The service was outstanding and our food came out very quickly. We ordered two delicious drinks. I recommend the Basil Smash. Our food was great as well! We ordered the Spicy Crab Rangoon for an appetizer. So yummy! For our entrees we had the Mì Xào and the Vegetable Curry. We both loved our dishes. They had the perfect amount of spice to them and the vegetables were done amazingly. You get plenty of food, so look forward to bring some home for leftovers! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- a neighborhood gemFoodloverDined on 10/4/2013Food is always so fresh and flavorful. The seafood curry is addicting it's so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and valueWiscguyVIPDined on 9/19/2013This place serves very good food at a reasonable price. The service was Excellant. The lights could be dimmer for better ambiance. It is a fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crispy noodles with beefDebTVIPDined on 9/17/2013I love Hue's crispy noodles with beef. In fact I ordered the shrimp version once, and even though I am not a beef person, there is something about theirs that I just love even better that shrimp. I've tried other menu items, but this is my favorite. The crispy noodle and all of the veggies are so good. I also love the spring roll with meat substitute. I also like the fact that the prices are very reasonable. It was suggested to me by a friend and I have turned many of my other friends onto it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- App 'n PhobluedroidVIPDined on 8/17/2013The shrimp with pineapple salsa appetizer was amazing. The salsa was incredibly delicious. The shrimp were slightly above average. The Pho was good, but not my favorite style. I prefer clear broth. I won't go back for the Pho, but I will go back to try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!foodieforeverVIPDined on 8/16/2013This was our third time at Hue -- a destination when we're coming from or going to the Milwaukee airport -- and again the meal was great with delicious beef skewers, yellow curry, and the Vietnamese crepe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!JenniferVIPDined on 7/27/2013Food is great, I've never had anything here I didn't totally love... great veg options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Curry ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2013My wife had Chicken Curry and taste was unbelievable! I never had such great curry in the US. I had Pho and it was just as expected, so you should definitely try their Chicken Curry when you go there!Special Features:
- The curry is ridiculously good.mmaxwellDined on 6/22/2013I love this place... Haven't had a bad meal yet. Ingredients are fresh and full of flavor... Just as you'd expect but don't always get at other restaurants. So good... Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Fresh & tastyDebaDined on 6/8/2013Everything I've had here is wonderful. So fresh and delicious. Very simple, clean lined restaurant. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/6/2013Always excellent! When my grown kids visit, we usually go to HUE straight from the airport at their request. Delicious food, friendly, helpful service.Special Features:
- If you're going on a FridayDSMKEVIPDined on 5/31/2013If you're going on a Friday night during Bayview Gallery night, I suggest making a reservation. Service was great!Special Features:
- Tasty lunchfoodieforeverVIPDined on 5/28/2013Enjoyed lunch -- pho and a noodle dish -- before heading to the airport. Very efficient, considerate service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Vietnamese fusiondoccheeseheadVIPDined on 5/24/2013We have been to Hue several times and always find the food to be great. The beef skewers are outstanding and the fish specials were also very good. The ambience is relaxed and the service is always good. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for something a little different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicousMkebadgerDined on 5/16/2013I love their food. I've yet to order anything that I wasn't thoroughly impressed by. All the other factors that make a good dining experience are here as well (service, ambiance, decor, etc.), but the dishes are all fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was phenomenal. A greatdeewassVIPDined on 5/11/2013Food was phenomenal. A great find and a restaurant we will return to often.Special Features:
- Excellent Pho, Excellent ServicebliptripDined on 5/4/2013Discovered this restaurant last May after craving some good pho in the Milwaukee area. The servers are very professional and friendly. The beef pho is more expensive that your dive pho restaurants, but not overly pricey and still well worth it. They include delicious fresh bean sprouts and Thai basil and the broth is correctly made with star anise. Moreover, they have delicious spring rolls, so try them. On the drinks side, their non-alcoholic Green Dragon beverage is delicious, but we weren't really fond of their alcoholic mint juleps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great.djfeedmeDined on 5/3/2013Brought my parent's here and everyone loved what they got. Food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was interesting andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013The food was interesting and tasty. The service was good and the atmosphere was cozy and welcoming. I will definitely be returning.Special Features: