Hudson's Ribs & Fish
1099 Route 9
Fishkill, NY 12524Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Hudson's Ribs & Fish
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hudsonsribsandfish.com/
- Phone: (845) 297-5002
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 2:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Felice Mugnano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate you next special occasion in one of our private dining rooms. Private party dining rooms available for parties of 15 to 100 people
- Private Party Contact: Edward Bogdan 8452975002
A word from Hudson's Ribs & Fish
One of Hudson Valley's more popular restaurants. Established in 1989, Hudson's has become a premier dining destination. Specializing in very fresh seafood - delivered daily and USDA hand cut wet aged steaks. Select a bottle of wine from and outstanding Wine Spectator Award winning wine list. Hudson's is famous for delicious homemade popovers with strawberry butter, a house specialty.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hudson's Ribs & Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (20)notable wine list (16)romantic (14)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- overall goodjk23VIPDined on 11/17/2014Nice place. Great for kids. Wine list is pretty extensive with many affordable choices. Complimentary warm pop overs to start always a favorite. Salad is nice as well. Prime rib was huge. Wife had smothered steak which she really liked. My kids lIke salmon is on kid's menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/15/2014Friendly greeting and seated promptly. Casey, our server, was friendly and helpful. Food was delicious, but part of my wife's Lobster was not thoroughly cooked. They did take the Lobster Tail off from the bill. Reasonably priced meals that were well prepared. Manager did come over to apologize as well for Lobster Tail. Certainly would go back and try again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatKathyDined on 11/15/2014We went for our anniversary. The food was outstanding. The service was a little slow. Our server seemed to disappear for long periods of time. But other wise it was a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinning outstreetrodDined on 11/15/2014Nice ambiance, great service, food was very good. we were a party of four and we all had something different. The steak was good, the prime was good, and the fish dishes were also good. The sides were large and the wine selection was good. The best coffee I've had at a restaurant in years. Also the bar is very cozy. Will be going back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!cmcaramesDined on 11/13/2014Definitely one of the best restaurants in the Hudson valley, probably the whole state. It is a must if you are traveling along the Hudson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodIrishDined on 11/12/2014There 5 of us and for the most part the food was very good. The one exception was the Lobster Roll which to me had very little Lobster - at least you could not taste it as the dressing that was used took away the taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorful ribeye, delicious sidesJcyumDined on 11/10/2014This steakhouse is impressive. Our ribeyes were cooked to perfection, the Caesar salad dressing was addictive, and the calamari was crispy and fresh. We loved the bread and accompanying strawberry butter too. Service was attentive. Though I'm sure others would disagree, the eggplant in the calamari dish wasn't our thing, and the frizzled onions weren't my thing, though my husband liked them. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RibiliciousSeekerDined on 11/10/2014When Hudson's describes their ribs as falling off the bone, they aren't kidding. These imported Danish baby backs are tender, meaty and delicious. Appetizers can actually be a meal in themselves, just don't fill up on their enormous popovers with strawberry butter. A good selection of draft and bottled beers makes a good acomaniment to their entrees.Special Features:
- ExcellentWillyDined on 11/8/2014Every aspect from the seating, attention by waitress, menu selection, food prep and quality was nothing but the best.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Great ServicewiseguysDined on 11/8/2014We keep returning. The food was, as always, superb. Our server (Sean) was attentive and informative. Introduced Hudson's to our friends who indicated that they would be returning as well.Special Features:
- Special occasion delightTony45Dined on 11/8/2014Although 37 miles from where we live, we try to get to Hudson Rest. on special occasions. This time it was our 45th wedding anniversary. Great food! Great service! Great choices for food! My wife and I love it and recommend it highly!Special Features:
- merlotDined on 11/4/2014Good food and good service. We went for the prix fixe menu for Restaurant Week and we pleased with the offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jorge was greatSheffDoggDined on 10/31/2014Crab Rangoon was not what I was accustomed too. Could use less filling. Dipping sauce was very good. Jumbo shrimp was tough. Baby back ribs seemed to have been baked then BBQ sauce added. Ribeye steak was cooked perfectly and way too much to eat in one setting (unless you skip the appetizers, salad, and popovers). Side dishes are totally separate and they do not list the mashed potatoes on the menu. Apple Strudel had a good taste as did the Creme Brûlée. Jorge was a great waiter.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Excellent food and service. Baby back ribs tender and succulent. Fish dishes, filet of stuffed sole, sordfish and salmon were excellent choices. Popovers made the meal. Restuarant atmosphere was warm and friendly. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGoodeatsDined on 10/19/2014This was our second year going for our anniversary dinner. Service was great. Food was all so good. From appetizer to salad to dinner. Everything came out in good time. Definitely recommend going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nattybluDined on 10/18/2014I ordered scallops food was to salty for my taste and cooked just a bit to much could use more local fresh herbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return engagement!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014Everytime we come into the area we definately stop! Hudson is an excellent value and always good. Their popovers & strawberry butter are delicious our steaks were cooked perfectly and we even had the Apple strudel for dessert ! We rarely order dessert but it was perfect......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014food was OK but nothing special ..... service very friendly, attentive
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We took my mom here for her birthday and everything went perfectly. From sit down to leave time we were there about 2 hours. The food came out in a timely fashion and was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner outRichsonDined on 10/4/2014We had dinner here to celebrate a family event. The service was prompt, but they weren't all over us. The food was outstanding. Even our picky party member was very pleased with the food. From the popover to bread pudding and coffee, it was all excellent. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceIshallreturnDined on 10/4/2014Our server, Joe, was very attentive and knowledgeable of the specials that evening. Our food was served in a timely manner, prepared well and very tastey! I had the Sam Adams Oktoberfest beer and it was awesome.It paired up well with the dishes ordered.Thought the pricing was a little steep but at least the portions were nice size and as mentioned, very good. All in all, it was very good dining experience. I hadn't been there in a very long time but definitely would recommend and go back.Special Features:
- Saturday night disappointmentDisappinfishDined on 10/4/2014Two people in the party were somewhat satisfied even thought their mashed potatoes were cold. One dinner, a prime rib was not tasty and the mashed potatoes were cold. The waiter was excellent.
- Overpriced comboGennyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food at Hudson's was good, and the service very good. My prime rib was cooked perfectly and was juicy and tasty. My son's combo of shrimp and crab was grossly overpriced at $40. (Supposedly it was "king" crab but those tiny crab legs were half the size of a normal king crab.) The portion was tiny. I'd expect to pay $40 in New York City, not Fishkill. We had to go to a diner afterward since my son was still hungry. We won't be back.
- Good Steaks and SeafoodJudyCDined on 9/27/2014I've Ben coming here for years and love the steaks. My husband the fish dishes. The menu has been changed which we noticed th last few times we've been here. Which I think is a nice plus because you have some smaller options options. I love the poppers and strawberry butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningSicilianTonyDined on 9/24/2014The server (Sean) was attentive personable and informative. Did a very good job. The food was good, although the escargot appetizer special was a bit bland and the fried calamari was a little overcooked. Steak was very good as was the chicken marsala. I would recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT experienceDickHertzDined on 9/20/2014We were in Fishkill for business and asked at the front desk for a good steakhouse. Hudson's was the only one the clerk recommended. The popovers with strawberry butter were the best I've ever had. The sirloin was great and our waiter Jorge was great. A fanstatic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious from beginning to end!lebanonlassDined on 9/13/2014What a great meal! Our server Casey, was very friendly and accommodating. She greeted us with giant popovers and some strawberry butter. Wow! We had Crab Rangoon for an appetizer, very creamy with a delicious cherry mustard sauce. The family style Caesar Salad came next. For our entrees I had a trio of shrimp, crab cake and a large scallop and my husband had steak and stuffed shrimp. Everything was cooked to our liking. It wasn't easy but we squeezed in 1 dessert. Chocolate warming soufflé cake. Yum! If we ever come back to this area we will definitely stop in here again for another great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary SpotReneeDined on 9/12/2014WeWe have celebrated our wedding anniversary every year we've been married. Last night (our 22nd ) they had a bottle of non- alcoholic champagne available for us, knowing we don't drink. fr really made our night extra special. As usual, the food and service was supub as well. Definitely a great spot for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out on VacationFerky12Dined on 8/30/2014We visited the Franklin Roosevelt home and presidential library, so I selected Hudson's based on open table recommendations. It was an odd experience though. Our reservation was for 6:30, but we were finished at Hyde Park earlier than expected. We arrived at Hudson's at 5:45 and the host chided us for arriving before our reservation although it was almost empty. It was disconcerting. The waiter was attentive, but something happened to our food order because we had to wait an excessively long time for our entrees. It was likely a kitchen mistake, but entrees were arriving at other tables that had ordered after we did, even those who were seated after we ordered. The food was good, but not really remarkable. Not bad, but unlikely to return.
- Wonderful dinner experienceputnamdinerDined on 8/23/2014We regularly frequent this restaurant, as we enjoy the lobster and king crab dishes. The seafood dishes are the best of any area restaurant. Drinks are professionally prepared. Wait service this evening was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great service, great food good prices very accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go out of our way to eat therepatronDined on 8/15/2014Usually, whenever we travel to or through the Hudson Valley, we make a point of stopping at Hudson's for dinner. Food is always very good, service is attentive, and it's an attractive place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sometimes inconsistentjpon2014Dined on 8/11/2014I love Hudsons but sometimes food is inconsistent. My favorite Chicken Franchese was much smaller portions on Monday night. Wasn't the same I had last month.
- Great Service & FoodJoeTDined on 8/10/2014My wife & I go here often for special occasions. The food & service is always superior and we leave our biggest tips here. Service is friendly and attentive!! We usually have a meat dish with soup or onion rings as appetizers. The food is cooked as advertised but since we don't eat seafood much we can't say anything specific about those dishes but I suspect it's also great. Our highlight is also the Mudpie desert which is big enough to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!kneedragger45Dined on 8/7/2014Excellent food!. Excellent service! But from the moment we walked in the door , we smelled the oldest oder. Almost like the slightest hint of cat urineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectTasteTestDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary and had a great experience from the time we walked in the door. So much to choose from, add the specials, everything was so enticing. The service was impeccable...they forgot the soup initially, and because it took longer than it should have we weren't charged for it...you don't see unprovoked gestures like that anymore. This has instantly become a favorite. I would strongly Hudson's Ribs & Fish.Special Features:
- Best Ribsenjoying65VIPDined on 7/28/2014Hudson's is one of those comfortable places you just return to because it has never disappoints. A Caesar salad is served family style with a plate of fresh veggies. Popovers are served warm in lieu of a bread basket and come with strawberry butter. We both really enjoy the Danish baby back ribs served with a dry rub or BBQ sauce - falling off the bone delicious. Sometimes we will vary & one of us will have a steak or fish but it's really all about the ribs. Tip: get the steak fries as the side, a LARGE potato cut in quarters, served crispy with a dollop of garlic butter. We usually take half of the potatoes home. They re-heat well and when I feel ambitious, I make home fries with them. As always, an enjoyable meal with great service.Special Features:
- The following 420 reviews are from the Hudson's Ribs & Fish reviews archive.
- Would eat there againGetOutOnceInWhileDined on 7/26/2014The appetizers were very good, for dinner I ordered a filet, my wife ordered the sirloin tips. The filet was a nice size but a little dried out for a medium cooked order. The sirloin tips were very good with a plentiful amount of vegetables. The service was great from the moment that we walked into the restaurant. The waitress that we had was OUTSTANDING! Very friendly, personable and absolute professional! The prices were about what you might expect for a restaurant like this (about $75.00 for two + tip).Special Features:
- DeliciousWinendineDined on 7/25/2014Food was absolutely fabulous. Our waiter wasn't great but it was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, Hudson's deliverstektektekDined on 7/24/2014This is our "go to" place when we want a good meal, decent price, and some relative quiet; also for celebrations- in this case, my wife's birthday. From their opening signature popovers served with strawberry butter to the final choices for dessert, we have never had a bad meal there. Having been forewarned it was a birthday celebration, my wife's dessert came with a sparkler and our server and another singing "Happy Birthday". Go once and you'll see why they continually get great reviews.Special Features: