Hudson's Ribs & Fish
1099 Route 9
Fishkill, NY 12524Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Hudson's Ribs & Fish
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hudsonsribsandfish.com/
- Phone: 8452975002
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 2:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Felice Mugnano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate you next special occasion in one of our private dining rooms. Private party dining rooms available for parties of 15 to 100 people
- Private Party Contact: Edward Bogdan 8452975002
A word from Hudson's Ribs & Fish
One of Hudson Valley's more popular restaurants. Established in 1989, Hudson's has become a premier dining destination. Specializing in very fresh seafood - delivered daily and USDA hand cut wet aged steaks. Select a bottle of wine from and outstanding Wine Spectator Award winning wine list. Hudson's is famous for delicious homemade popovers with strawberry butter, a house specialty.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hudson's Ribs & Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (15)romantic (12)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great foodGoodeatsDined on 10/19/2014This was our second year going for our anniversary dinner. Service was great. Food was all so good. From appetizer to salad to dinner. Everything came out in good time. Definitely recommend going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nattybluDined on 10/18/2014I ordered scallops food was to salty for my taste and cooked just a bit to much could use more local fresh herbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return engagement!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014Everytime we come into the area we definately stop! Hudson is an excellent value and always good. Their popovers & strawberry butter are delicious our steaks were cooked perfectly and we even had the Apple strudel for dessert ! We rarely order dessert but it was perfect......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014food was OK but nothing special ..... service very friendly, attentive
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We took my mom here for her birthday and everything went perfectly. From sit down to leave time we were there about 2 hours. The food came out in a timely fashion and was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner outRichsonDined on 10/4/2014We had dinner here to celebrate a family event. The service was prompt, but they weren't all over us. The food was outstanding. Even our picky party member was very pleased with the food. From the popover to bread pudding and coffee, it was all excellent. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceIshallreturnDined on 10/4/2014Our server, Joe, was very attentive and knowledgeable of the specials that evening. Our food was served in a timely manner, prepared well and very tastey! I had the Sam Adams Oktoberfest beer and it was awesome.It paired up well with the dishes ordered.Thought the pricing was a little steep but at least the portions were nice size and as mentioned, very good. All in all, it was very good dining experience. I hadn't been there in a very long time but definitely would recommend and go back.Special Features:
- Saturday night disappointmentDisappinfishDined on 10/4/2014Two people in the party were somewhat satisfied even thought their mashed potatoes were cold. One dinner, a prime rib was not tasty and the mashed potatoes were cold. The waiter was excellent.
- Overpriced comboGennyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food at Hudson's was good, and the service very good. My prime rib was cooked perfectly and was juicy and tasty. My son's combo of shrimp and crab was grossly overpriced at $40. (Supposedly it was "king" crab but those tiny crab legs were half the size of a normal king crab.) The portion was tiny. I'd expect to pay $40 in New York City, not Fishkill. We had to go to a diner afterward since my son was still hungry. We won't be back.
- Good Steaks and SeafoodJudyCDined on 9/27/2014I've Ben coming here for years and love the steaks. My husband the fish dishes. The menu has been changed which we noticed th last few times we've been here. Which I think is a nice plus because you have some smaller options options. I love the poppers and strawberry butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningSicilianTonyDined on 9/24/2014The server (Sean) was attentive personable and informative. Did a very good job. The food was good, although the escargot appetizer special was a bit bland and the fried calamari was a little overcooked. Steak was very good as was the chicken marsala. I would recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT experienceDickHertzDined on 9/20/2014We were in Fishkill for business and asked at the front desk for a good steakhouse. Hudson's was the only one the clerk recommended. The popovers with strawberry butter were the best I've ever had. The sirloin was great and our waiter Jorge was great. A fanstatic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious from beginning to end!lebanonlassDined on 9/13/2014What a great meal! Our server Casey, was very friendly and accommodating. She greeted us with giant popovers and some strawberry butter. Wow! We had Crab Rangoon for an appetizer, very creamy with a delicious cherry mustard sauce. The family style Caesar Salad came next. For our entrees I had a trio of shrimp, crab cake and a large scallop and my husband had steak and stuffed shrimp. Everything was cooked to our liking. It wasn't easy but we squeezed in 1 dessert. Chocolate warming soufflé cake. Yum! If we ever come back to this area we will definitely stop in here again for another great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary SpotReneeDined on 9/12/2014WeWe have celebrated our wedding anniversary every year we've been married. Last night (our 22nd ) they had a bottle of non- alcoholic champagne available for us, knowing we don't drink. fr really made our night extra special. As usual, the food and service was supub as well. Definitely a great spot for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out on VacationFerky12Dined on 8/30/2014We visited the Franklin Roosevelt home and presidential library, so I selected Hudson's based on open table recommendations. It was an odd experience though. Our reservation was for 6:30, but we were finished at Hyde Park earlier than expected. We arrived at Hudson's at 5:45 and the host chided us for arriving before our reservation although it was almost empty. It was disconcerting. The waiter was attentive, but something happened to our food order because we had to wait an excessively long time for our entrees. It was likely a kitchen mistake, but entrees were arriving at other tables that had ordered after we did, even those who were seated after we ordered. The food was good, but not really remarkable. Not bad, but unlikely to return.
- Wonderful dinner experienceputnamdinerDined on 8/23/2014We regularly frequent this restaurant, as we enjoy the lobster and king crab dishes. The seafood dishes are the best of any area restaurant. Drinks are professionally prepared. Wait service this evening was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great service, great food good prices very accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go out of our way to eat therepatronDined on 8/15/2014Usually, whenever we travel to or through the Hudson Valley, we make a point of stopping at Hudson's for dinner. Food is always very good, service is attentive, and it's an attractive place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sometimes inconsistentjpon2014Dined on 8/11/2014I love Hudsons but sometimes food is inconsistent. My favorite Chicken Franchese was much smaller portions on Monday night. Wasn't the same I had last month.
- Great Service & FoodJoeTDined on 8/10/2014My wife & I go here often for special occasions. The food & service is always superior and we leave our biggest tips here. Service is friendly and attentive!! We usually have a meat dish with soup or onion rings as appetizers. The food is cooked as advertised but since we don't eat seafood much we can't say anything specific about those dishes but I suspect it's also great. Our highlight is also the Mudpie desert which is big enough to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!kneedragger45Dined on 8/7/2014Excellent food!. Excellent service! But from the moment we walked in the door , we smelled the oldest oder. Almost like the slightest hint of cat urineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectTasteTestDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary and had a great experience from the time we walked in the door. So much to choose from, add the specials, everything was so enticing. The service was impeccable...they forgot the soup initially, and because it took longer than it should have we weren't charged for it...you don't see unprovoked gestures like that anymore. This has instantly become a favorite. I would strongly Hudson's Ribs & Fish.Special Features:
- Best Ribsenjoying65VIPDined on 7/28/2014Hudson's is one of those comfortable places you just return to because it has never disappoints. A Caesar salad is served family style with a plate of fresh veggies. Popovers are served warm in lieu of a bread basket and come with strawberry butter. We both really enjoy the Danish baby back ribs served with a dry rub or BBQ sauce - falling off the bone delicious. Sometimes we will vary & one of us will have a steak or fish but it's really all about the ribs. Tip: get the steak fries as the side, a LARGE potato cut in quarters, served crispy with a dollop of garlic butter. We usually take half of the potatoes home. They re-heat well and when I feel ambitious, I make home fries with them. As always, an enjoyable meal with great service.Special Features:
- Would eat there againGetOutOnceInWhileDined on 7/26/2014The appetizers were very good, for dinner I ordered a filet, my wife ordered the sirloin tips. The filet was a nice size but a little dried out for a medium cooked order. The sirloin tips were very good with a plentiful amount of vegetables. The service was great from the moment that we walked into the restaurant. The waitress that we had was OUTSTANDING! Very friendly, personable and absolute professional! The prices were about what you might expect for a restaurant like this (about $75.00 for two + tip).Special Features:
- DeliciousWinendineDined on 7/25/2014Food was absolutely fabulous. Our waiter wasn't great but it was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, Hudson's deliverstektektekDined on 7/24/2014This is our "go to" place when we want a good meal, decent price, and some relative quiet; also for celebrations- in this case, my wife's birthday. From their opening signature popovers served with strawberry butter to the final choices for dessert, we have never had a bad meal there. Having been forewarned it was a birthday celebration, my wife's dessert came with a sparkler and our server and another singing "Happy Birthday". Go once and you'll see why they continually get great reviews.Special Features:
- Special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I used to go to this restaurant when my parents would come visit me when I was a cadet at West Point. We discovered it quite by accident. We always visited it, and every time I've been back to visit West Point over the years, we make it a point to drive up to Fishkill to eat here. The ribs are fantastic, and the popovers are incredible. The servers are extremely friendly and accomodating. No visit is complete without the trip up here.Special Features:
- Still good the second timeSuperDaveDined on 7/5/2014Recently went back again and everything was as great as the first time. Our waiter was very good and friendly. His picks were excellent. I'm sure I will be going back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 415 reviews are from the Hudson's Ribs & Fish reviews archive.
- Wonderful family time and mealAlimommaDined on 6/14/2014Our family finally found time to celebrate 3 birthdays, Mother's Day and pre-Father's day. We had a wonderful time reconnecting. Out table was ready when we arrived. The food was great and our server, Casey was a gem.Special Features:
- Very cozy, appealing atmospherearabrabDined on 6/13/2014Especially nice was a Friday night musician who was very good and kept it low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynPDined on 6/7/2014First time here and we loved it. Our server was great, attentive and informative. The menu was tantalizing and everything we ordered Was delicious. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014absolutely great!!!! we got our favorite table and were seated immediately. Casey was new to us, and she was outstanding---friendly, attentive, prompt with service. we had a wonderful time!!!!! we will be back many more times and will request Casey!!Special Features:
- CelebrationfoodieDined on 5/20/2014We were there to celebrate our 35th anniversary and the food and atmosphere were perfect. We enjoyed the wait staff, who didn't know it was our anniversary, as they were polite, friendly and quick to respond. The food was the perfect sized portion, not too much, not too little and was served promptly. And it was delicious.Special Features:
- DissatisfiedFamilyTiimeDined on 5/18/2014I was disappointed with my dining experience. The wait staff was fine, but the service was slow. The kitchen had difficulty with one of the entrees, but they delivered the other five meals along with all the sides; including those that were to accompany the delayed entree. By the time the meal was served the other diners were 90% complete and the side dishes of the delayed meal were ice cold. The staff made no effort to remedy or make up for the inconvenience. I also felt the price for the entire night was not worthy of the dining experience.
- fantastictwonDined on 5/17/2014I've driven by many times and finally made the choice to stop in. Would come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELY EVENINGOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Having read several reviews of Hudson Ribs I was a bit leery, "music was too loud", but what a GREAT surprise. The pianist was low key, knew his stuff and played music that appealed to people who appreciate a sophisticated sound. The food was good, well prepared and nicely seasoned. A very comprehensive wine list rounded out a terrific meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014This was the first time I have visited Hudson Ribs & Fish. The food was good but portion sizes were small. I think the restaurant can work on their waiting times. Our food arrived roughly 40 minutes late.Special Features:
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The popovers are awesome with the strawberry butter. Everyone had a great meal. Sesame crusted tuna, lobster, steaks, and ribs. What could be better.Special Features:
- Good Food but PriceyEnjoyinGreatFoodDined on 5/10/2014As a repeat customer it seemed like the wait staff and kitchen were slightly overwhelmed. While the food was certainly enjoyable the portions seemed smaller than in previous visits. Will certainly be back again but will probably try to avoid major events like Mothers Day. The wait staff was certainly busy and hustling so it definitely wasn't like people weren't busy doing their jobs.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceLuvhudsonsDined on 5/10/2014Love Hudson Ribs and Fish. Everything is always perfect and love they use Open Table to make reservations!