Hudson's Ribs & Fish
1099 Route 9
Fishkill, NY 12524Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Hudson's Ribs & Fish
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hudsonsribsandfish.com/
- Phone: 8452975002
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 2:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Felice Mugnano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate you next special occasion in one of our private dining rooms. Private party dining rooms available for parties of 15 to 100 people
- Private Party Contact: Edward Bogdan 8452975002
A word from Hudson's Ribs & Fish
One of Hudson Valley's more popular restaurants. Established in 1989, Hudson's has become a premier dining destination. Specializing in very fresh seafood - delivered daily and USDA hand cut wet aged steaks. Select a bottle of wine from and outstanding Wine Spectator Award winning wine list. Hudson's is famous for delicious homemade popovers with strawberry butter, a house specialty.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hudson's Ribs & Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (12)notable wine list (10)romantic (9)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful dinner experienceputnamdinerDined on 8/23/2014We regularly frequent this restaurant, as we enjoy the lobster and king crab dishes. The seafood dishes are the best of any area restaurant. Drinks are professionally prepared. Wait service this evening was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great service, great food good prices very accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go out of our way to eat therepatronDined on 8/15/2014Usually, whenever we travel to or through the Hudson Valley, we make a point of stopping at Hudson's for dinner. Food is always very good, service is attentive, and it's an attractive place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sometimes inconsistentjpon2014Dined on 8/11/2014I love Hudsons but sometimes food is inconsistent. My favorite Chicken Franchese was much smaller portions on Monday night. Wasn't the same I had last month.
- Great Service & FoodJoeTDined on 8/10/2014My wife & I go here often for special occasions. The food & service is always superior and we leave our biggest tips here. Service is friendly and attentive!! We usually have a meat dish with soup or onion rings as appetizers. The food is cooked as advertised but since we don't eat seafood much we can't say anything specific about those dishes but I suspect it's also great. Our highlight is also the Mudpie desert which is big enough to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!kneedragger45Dined on 8/7/2014Excellent food!. Excellent service! But from the moment we walked in the door , we smelled the oldest oder. Almost like the slightest hint of cat urineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectTasteTestDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary and had a great experience from the time we walked in the door. So much to choose from, add the specials, everything was so enticing. The service was impeccable...they forgot the soup initially, and because it took longer than it should have we weren't charged for it...you don't see unprovoked gestures like that anymore. This has instantly become a favorite. I would strongly Hudson's Ribs & Fish.Special Features:
- Best Ribsenjoying65Dined on 7/28/2014Hudson's is one of those comfortable places you just return to because it has never disappoints. A Caesar salad is served family style with a plate of fresh veggies. Popovers are served warm in lieu of a bread basket and come with strawberry butter. We both really enjoy the Danish baby back ribs served with a dry rub or BBQ sauce - falling off the bone delicious. Sometimes we will vary & one of us will have a steak or fish but it's really all about the ribs. Tip: get the steak fries as the side, a LARGE potato cut in quarters, served crispy with a dollop of garlic butter. We usually take half of the potatoes home. They re-heat well and when I feel ambitious, I make home fries with them. As always, an enjoyable meal with great service.Special Features:
- Would eat there againGetOutOnceInWhileDined on 7/26/2014The appetizers were very good, for dinner I ordered a filet, my wife ordered the sirloin tips. The filet was a nice size but a little dried out for a medium cooked order. The sirloin tips were very good with a plentiful amount of vegetables. The service was great from the moment that we walked into the restaurant. The waitress that we had was OUTSTANDING! Very friendly, personable and absolute professional! The prices were about what you might expect for a restaurant like this (about $75.00 for two + tip).Special Features:
- DeliciousWinendineDined on 7/25/2014Food was absolutely fabulous. Our waiter wasn't great but it was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, Hudson's deliverstektektekDined on 7/24/2014This is our "go to" place when we want a good meal, decent price, and some relative quiet; also for celebrations- in this case, my wife's birthday. From their opening signature popovers served with strawberry butter to the final choices for dessert, we have never had a bad meal there. Having been forewarned it was a birthday celebration, my wife's dessert came with a sparkler and our server and another singing "Happy Birthday". Go once and you'll see why they continually get great reviews.Special Features:
- Special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I used to go to this restaurant when my parents would come visit me when I was a cadet at West Point. We discovered it quite by accident. We always visited it, and every time I've been back to visit West Point over the years, we make it a point to drive up to Fishkill to eat here. The ribs are fantastic, and the popovers are incredible. The servers are extremely friendly and accomodating. No visit is complete without the trip up here.Special Features:
- Still good the second timeSuperDaveDined on 7/5/2014Recently went back again and everything was as great as the first time. Our waiter was very good and friendly. His picks were excellent. I'm sure I will be going back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful family time and mealAlimommaDined on 6/14/2014Our family finally found time to celebrate 3 birthdays, Mother's Day and pre-Father's day. We had a wonderful time reconnecting. Out table was ready when we arrived. The food was great and our server, Casey was a gem.Special Features:
- Very cozy, appealing atmospherearabrabDined on 6/13/2014Especially nice was a Friday night musician who was very good and kept it low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynPDined on 6/7/2014First time here and we loved it. Our server was great, attentive and informative. The menu was tantalizing and everything we ordered Was delicious. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014absolutely great!!!! we got our favorite table and were seated immediately. Casey was new to us, and she was outstanding---friendly, attentive, prompt with service. we had a wonderful time!!!!! we will be back many more times and will request Casey!!Special Features:
- CelebrationfoodieDined on 5/20/2014We were there to celebrate our 35th anniversary and the food and atmosphere were perfect. We enjoyed the wait staff, who didn't know it was our anniversary, as they were polite, friendly and quick to respond. The food was the perfect sized portion, not too much, not too little and was served promptly. And it was delicious.Special Features:
- DissatisfiedFamilyTiimeDined on 5/18/2014I was disappointed with my dining experience. The wait staff was fine, but the service was slow. The kitchen had difficulty with one of the entrees, but they delivered the other five meals along with all the sides; including those that were to accompany the delayed entree. By the time the meal was served the other diners were 90% complete and the side dishes of the delayed meal were ice cold. The staff made no effort to remedy or make up for the inconvenience. I also felt the price for the entire night was not worthy of the dining experience.
- fantastictwonDined on 5/17/2014I've driven by many times and finally made the choice to stop in. Would come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELY EVENINGOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Having read several reviews of Hudson Ribs I was a bit leery, "music was too loud", but what a GREAT surprise. The pianist was low key, knew his stuff and played music that appealed to people who appreciate a sophisticated sound. The food was good, well prepared and nicely seasoned. A very comprehensive wine list rounded out a terrific meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014This was the first time I have visited Hudson Ribs & Fish. The food was good but portion sizes were small. I think the restaurant can work on their waiting times. Our food arrived roughly 40 minutes late.Special Features:
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The popovers are awesome with the strawberry butter. Everyone had a great meal. Sesame crusted tuna, lobster, steaks, and ribs. What could be better.Special Features:
- Good Food but PriceyEnjoyinGreatFoodDined on 5/10/2014As a repeat customer it seemed like the wait staff and kitchen were slightly overwhelmed. While the food was certainly enjoyable the portions seemed smaller than in previous visits. Will certainly be back again but will probably try to avoid major events like Mothers Day. The wait staff was certainly busy and hustling so it definitely wasn't like people weren't busy doing their jobs.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceLuvhudsonsDined on 5/10/2014Love Hudson Ribs and Fish. Everything is always perfect and love they use Open Table to make reservations!
- Who finds the live music?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014The live entertainment was a bit too much and way too loud. Seemed like they found some random person who knew how to play guitar to come and play and sing. Didn't care for his singing at all and couldn't carry a conversation at my table because the guy was too loud. Other than the awful music the food was good although the salad was ehhSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 402 reviews are from the Hudson's Ribs & Fish reviews archive.
- Overall experienceFoodieDined on 5/3/2014Food and service were excellent. I would visit Hudson's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit in a whileVinnieChiDined on 5/2/2014Ate there early on a Friday night. Had a reservation, yet we were seated in the bar (place not crowded). Later realized that was a favor since there was live music. Why do restaurants do that? Live music is usually too loud. Popovers were good as was the onion soup. Ribs were ok- a little too much tomato in the bbq sauce. Chicken dished looked good. A bit expensive for what you get, Didn't try the steaks though.
- Excellent mealKrm659Dined on 4/24/2014The location is perfect, right off route 9. The prices are very reasonable, as are the portion sizes. Everything from the popovers to dessert was delicious. I could not think of one thing negative to say. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible as alwayswildeyesDined on 4/18/2014filet mignon was like butter, stuffed sole was very good, dessert-cinnamon tortilla, was knock your socks off salted caramel heaven on a plate. side of a veggie was $5.00/plate, which was 10 bucks for veggies.Special Features:
- Great night out!donnalu2Dined on 4/12/2014We haven't been to this restaurant in years, but we were pleased to find the same great service and food as always. Our party of four made reservations online, and we were seated immediately upon arrival. Service was attentive, prompt and professional. Food was absolutely delicious! Bill for entire group of four, including appetizer, meals, desserts, and alcoholic drinks came to $197. Will go back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experiencePatriciaDined on 3/31/2014First, our waiter was fantastic!!!! The food was very good although servings were quite small. The combination crab cake, scallops, and shrimp consisted of 1 crab cake, 1 scallop, and 2 shrimp. For the price of the dinner another scallop and shrimp would have been nice. We were not rushed and like I said our waiter was terrific (so sorry I can't remember his name) Our dinner was on Monday, March 31, 2014.Special Features:
- Awesomeness all around!ShanahanDined on 3/28/2014The food was fantastic! The steak was cooked EXACTLY to order. The fish was moist and tender. The homemade potato chips were crisp and yummy! All of the wait staff were friendly, polite and very efficient. Next time I'm in the area I will definitely stop back in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday, 5:15; our young waiterKrisTheCriticDined on 3/23/2014Sunday, 5:15; our young waiter was quick and courteous. We were started off with their famous pop overs, with fresh strawberry butter. We went with the Restaurant Week 3-course price-fixe; our appetizers were ok, for entree we choose the sliced sirloin; what we received was disappointing for a $30 meal; a small, thin steak, overcooked and covered with grilled peppers, onions, and mushrooms (which we very good). the vegetable was bland, boiled broccoli, I didn't even eat it. Desert choices were apple strudel or NY cheesecake, we ordered 1 of each, I did not care for the cheesecake, which was more of n Italian textures style and thin with a graham cracker crust and a brown skin on the top, seems as it is baked in a large sheet and cut.
- Good Find. Great popovers.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014While visiting the area, we searched for a place with a reputation for seafood and quality meats. After traveling, we eat early, so I cannot vouch for the noise level later in the evening. But the setup wold suggest a quiet comfortable place to dine. We enjoyed excellent beef and, surprisingly, did not do the fish (for no particular reason except the beef looked excellent. Three comments: 1) the introductory popovers were worth the trip -- better than we can make at home. 2) The food was nicely presented with very cold salads and very hot entrees--perfect. 3) the attendance to service was excellent. We would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Quite accommodatingKcpnutDined on 3/22/2014I am following a gluten free diet and they were able to meet my needs. I had written such when I reserved and the waiter mentioned it the minute he came over! He also apologized that I would not be trying their famous popovers. It was restaurant week and my one son selected that menu and loved it from start to finish. My older son got the crab Rangoon and said they were delicious and then followed with NE clam and the fish tacos. Loved them both. My husband and I got the shrimp cocktail to start and then the scallops (minus the panko seasoning) and they too were delicious! I would definitely go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ribs, fabulous friesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2014Hard to beat these ribs. Nicely prepared with a tasty sauce, not too sweet or tart. Highlight may have been the fabulous garlic steak fries - large wedges, skin on, delectably prepared. We ate off the Hudson Valley Restaurant Week menu, so choices were limited, but, liked what we had, except for boring desserts which appeared to include a vendor-supplied cheesecake. Only downside was the live music, but according to the website that's Friday night only. Would have been okay if it he had stuck to just playing the piano, but the off-key singing of old favorites made us want to break one of the fries in half and use for ear plugs. We live an hour away but will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!!!!AuntPennyDined on 3/19/2014I was excited to go to Hudson's, as I hadn't been there in a few years. We had the HVRW menu. The soup had a nice flavor and the steak was good, although it was a little salty. The desert was very disappointing. I ordered apple strudel with vanilla ice cream. The apples were wrapped in a piece of what must have been soggy pie crust, not strudel. The most disappointing thing was the popovers that they serve with strawberry butter. I remember them from past visits. They were very dry and crunchy, no amount if strawberry butter could redeem them. I visited 3 restaurants during HVRW and this was my least favorite. The slow and I attentive service and the mediocre food were very disappointing.
- A new try during restaurant weekBellaItalianVIPDined on 3/18/2014Tried HR&F during restaurant week. Place is cute, rustic, service was good food was fair. Prix fix for restaurant week. Appetizer was excellent pasta with a tomato mozzarella sauce. I had ahi tuna which was disappointing- it had no taste and was not cooked correctly, husband had chowder he thought was fair, sliced steak which also was fair. Dessert was an apple strudel that was also fair.the regular menu looked good we would try one more time .
- Restaurant week.TImKristenDined on 3/15/2014We have been to main restaurant for dinner and food/service have been fine. We made reservations during restaurant week. When we arrived, we were immediately sent to a back room dining area that was small, crowded and understaffed. The food in no way compared to the food in the regular dining room. Service was terrible. We will not be recommending this restaurant to anyone in the near future. Noise level was horrendous.