Hudson's On The Bend
3509 Ranch Road 620 North
Austin, TX 78734Neighborhood:
West Austin / Westlake
SouthwestPrice: $50 and over
Hudson's On The Bend
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hudsonsonthebend.com/main.php
- Phone: 5122661369x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kelly Casey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options available
- Entertainment: Thursday nights
- Special Events: Happy Hour at our patio bar
A word from Hudson's On The Bend
Located in the hill country just west of Austin, Hudson's On The Bend, offers axis venison, wild boar, pheasant, quail, as well as trout, lobster, shrimp and Black Angus beef medallions topped with smoked lobster...and way too many wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hudson's On The Bend reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)fit for foodies (104)romantic (93)notable wine list (54)great for outdoor dining (38)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (17)scenic view (14)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Fantastic Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Hudson's on the Bend never disappoints. The service is impeccable, and the food is outstanding. My friend and I ordered the three course tasting menu. There are a lot of options to choose from, and you can't go wrong with any of them. We both ordered the lobster bisque as our first course, and it was good. (I have had better, but it was still tasty.) For our entrees, we ordered the beef tenderloin and the trout. Both were excellent! Dessert was unbelievable. I highly recommend the Lemon Rosemary Olive Oil Cake. Yum!Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014The restaurant came highly recommended and lived up to expectations. The food was wonderful, service great, and wonderful ambience. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/30/2014From the minute we entered the restaurant the service was excellent. Menu items include many dishes I've not seen elsewhere. I highly recommend anything on the menu that has their "hot and crunchy" breading (especially the shrimp). Smoked quail spinach salad and Duck Diablo where very good. I enjoyed the hot and crunchy trout and my wife had a fork tender ribeye. Wine list is more than adequate. If I found one flaw, I would say it was a little warm in the restaurant but it was 94 degrees that day in Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish there were 10 starsHappydinerDined on 8/29/2014There's no way I can overstate my enthusiasm for Hudson's. I've been there many times over the years and it is always spectacular. The food is dependably excellent and the service is always right there without being intrusive. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always!DaveDDined on 8/24/2014we had the pre-fixed three course which did not disappoint. Everything we selected was simply amazing as always. Lobster bisque, beef tenderloin and the rosemary olive oil cake was delicious! We ordered the half bottle of Siduri Pinot Noir which complemented the meal. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was wonderfulBrianDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed the three course chef menu. I had the crunchy trout and my wife had the beef tip tenderloin. The beef was tender and very flavorful. The trout was delicious and had a wonderful sauce. We loved the quaint setting of the dining room with the fireplace.Special Features:
- Hudson's was great!oenophileVIPDined on 8/19/2014We chose Hudson's on the Bend for a birthday celebration, and they did not disappoint. The meal was delightful, and our server was attentive and professional. You can't go wrong at Hudson's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's Hudson'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014de-lish. It's been one of Austin's best forever for a reason. The beef tenderloin was out of this world. Best steak i've ever eaten, bar none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, slow serviceLongTimeVisitorVIPDined on 8/14/2014Food was outstanding, as always. Service was uncharacteristically inattentive on this occasion. We suspected they were short-handed and our server was swamped, but it would have been nice if she had mentioned that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/Horrible ServiceNickandnoraDined on 8/12/2014Was hosting a dinner for out of town execs who wanted a different taste of TX. I've been here many times before and always had fabulous experiences. This time however, the service was sub-par from start to finish. Was quickly seated but after 10 min had to ask for a wine list. Waited another 10 min and asked if we could order drinks/wine. Wine arrived and then waited another 20 min and had to track down someone to take our order. We were a party of 10 on a Tues evening so not like we weren't visible. Just expected more attention given that it wasn't busy and we were such a large party.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsBlucrzrDined on 8/10/2014We dine out at Hudson's several times each year. They never disappoint in food selection, service or ambiance. This was our 40th Wedding Anniversary and I selected this place because it is always dinning at its best. I highly recommend this spot to all.Special Features:
- exotic camouflaged as rusticljtxDined on 8/9/2014Lovely little restaurant with absolutely fabulous food- expensive for Texas but a bargain to my London and Chicago guests- cozy intimate setting, good wine, can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/9/2014Always love a night out at Hudsons, but the dining room was incredibly warm on Saturday night. I am normally cold at restaurants and I was sweating in there to the point where I was uncomfortable sitting in the chair. Even the turtle pie which normally comes out very cold was melting on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad We Got Engaged Here Years AgoKandRDined on 8/4/2014Every time we come to Hudsons for a special occasion since getting engaged there 15 years ago, we ask ourselves why do we only come for special occasions. Great eclectic menu and professional service in a cool Austin atmosphere...seriously, this should be our go to spot regularly. My goal is to know most staff by name by years end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!blanddietDined on 8/2/2014We haven't been to Hudson's for some time, and now we know what we have been missing. Our meal was one of the best in recent memory. The beef tenderloin was tender, succulent and cooked to perfection. We had the three course chef's choice, and every part of the dinner was nothing less than spectacular! Still a great restaurant, one of the best in Austin. Just wish it wasn't so far, and so expensive. But I guess that's the price for good food. I must eat gluten-free, and there were plenty of options for me to choose from. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 Aug visit to Hudson's On The BendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The atmosphere was pretty good and we enjoyed the restaurant's decor. Overall a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableJahDaveDined on 7/31/2014Used a Groupon for the three-course tasting menu which made our visit an outstanding value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't go wrong with Hudson's!TiffVIPDined on 7/31/2014The food is always spot on! From the appetizers to the amazing desserts! WOW! The trout is my FAVORITE! I don't know if there is a better dessert out there....the chocolate dipped pecan pie is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to make another reservation here again SOON!Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationBenson29Dined on 7/29/2014We always celebrate special occasions here because the food is superb, the ambiance is great and the service is ALWAYS spectacular. It well deserves 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Game!lhenry421VIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was delicious, but I thought a bit over-priced. We had a gift certificate, otherwise we probably would have passed on the appetizers completely. That being said, the bacon wrapped scallops were amazing, as was the rattlesnake cake! I had the elk backstrap for dinner and it was cooked perfectly. We would have probably indulged in dessert, but our server seemed to be much too busy to be bothered checking on us after the meal was served so we opted to eat our dessert at home.
- Always outstandingkjreviewsVIPDined on 7/26/2014We eat at Hudson's often and it is always outstanding and the service is great, the food is wonderful and I love the look of the place.Special Features:
- AwesomePacolibreDined on 7/25/2014Delicious, great place for special occasions and taking that special someone out. Quality on every levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaadDined on 7/23/2014Always fantastic! We did the "Tasting" and the quality and amount was outstanding. And the price was extremely reasonable. This is a fantastic bargain for a really awesome meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerDowninaggielandDined on 7/18/2014We visited Austin from out of twin and thoroughly enjoyed our dinner, from the appetizers to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionbeaniejugDined on 7/17/2014Hot and Crunchy Trout was wonderful. Nice quiet setting for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food but mediocre serviceVMMATXDined on 7/12/2014We had a great meal using the Groupon deal. Everything was delicious, but our server seemed to have very little interest in our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Austin-Hill Country cuisineGeoCatDined on 7/10/2014The menu was creative, regional, and not precious, the food outstanding, nice wine list, and the service superb. It was not a crowded evening, we asked for a quiet table in our reservation but were seated next to an obnoxiously loud group, but the staff kindly and quickly reseated us in a quieter spot. Lovely herb garden and outdoor dining options, funky stone and wood architecture welcome diners into this Hill Country Neighborhood Gem near Austin's Lake Travis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Menu SelectionsMelCDined on 7/5/2014It is so nice to have a restaurant with a unique, cozy ambience and menu that relates to the region. The food, overall, was delicious. Would have been nice to have a little more lobster in the bisque but still delicious. The Elk and Trout entrees well-received by our group. The chocolate-covered pecan pie was surprisingly dry. I'd try a different dessert. This is still a wonderful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2TexasdinersDined on 7/4/2014We did the 3 course tasting menu and both my husband and i enjoyed our meals very much. Our servers were very attentive. The restaurant is a little pricey so is a good choice for special occasions.Special Features:
- Always GreatBenKDined on 6/30/2014My wife and I have "Our Place". It is Hudson on the Bend. We have been going there for 18 years and always enjoy it. The Hot and Crunchy Trout is spectacular. The Turtle pie isn't bad either. But whatever you order you can count on a great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/26/2014After realizing that our GPS was hopelessly incompetent to find this restaurant, we arrived 45 minutes late and were treated like long lost family. The food was remarkable and the service was impeccable. I wish we lived closer.Special Features:
- Great food, spotty serviceTheresaDined on 6/20/2014The food was excellent. Two in my party had the tenderloin, which was incredible. The wine and wine presentation were terrific as well. However, we felt a bit ignored by our server. After waiting at least 20 minutes for him to come take our order, we eventually gave up and flagged down the host. After that, things proceeded more smoothly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic restaurantluvnewplacesDined on 6/20/2014Little gem! Fabulous food, extremely attentive service. Excellent wine list. Will definitely good there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Fabulous, as always!!! Particularly love the elk backstrap!Special Features:
- BillWDined on 6/19/2014Hard to not enjoy Hudson's on the Bend; however, unfortunately a couple of shortcomings detracted from an otherwise very good meal. Very alert wait staff removed less than satisfactory appetizer (tough, tastless artichoke detracted from otherwise very tasty dish) from our bill but the homemade ice cream served was not much. The hot'n'crunchy trout remains an exceptional dish.Special Features:
- Unique dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The ambience of this restaurant is what makes it provide a dining experience with its outdoor garden, swing and inner decor (wine bottles in every nook and cranny in a place that was once a small Texas residence). The food is very good and a little small on portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New Favorite in AustinmtdicksonVIPDined on 6/14/2014Hudson on the bend was phenomenal! The dishes served were well prepared, creative and delicious. We started off with a rattlesnake cake as an appetizer. It was similar to a crab cake and loaded with herbs. My husband had the mixed grill with about 4 different game meats-venison ,rabbit quail and buffalo. They were all very good. I had chocolate espresso rubbed elk backstrap topped with crabmeat. This dish was the hit of the evening. The elk was cooked perfectly and it was one again delicious. You also have to appreciate the large herb garden as you walk up to the restaurant. It was a delightful evening and I am sure we will return. The only negative I can offer is these meals were not cheap, but they were well worth it to us.Special Features:
- a little bit off lately?austinFoodieVIPDined on 6/14/2014We have been going to Hudson's for 20 plus years. This last time our waiter seemed to be quite distracted, and unfortunately the food was not up to their usual high standards. There were a few tables all ordering from the Groupon offer, so maybe the staff was tired of that? With all of the new offerings in Austin, I hope that they can pick it back up a bit. Otherwise they will be left behind as a fond memory.Special Features:
- A Classiccaadams1Dined on 6/14/2014Hudson's On the Bend is a classic for fresh, Hill Country dining. From the seafood bisque amuse-bouche to "The Wild Turtle" dessert, the food was flawless. Our server, Ian, was extremely knowledgeable and listened to our questions & requests. Service was attentive but unimposing. Highly recommended for a special dinner.Special Features:
- Hudson's was terrific!oenophileVIPDined on 6/13/2014As always, we had a delightful evening at Hudson's on the Bend. The staff is great, and the meal was absolutely delicious. You can't go wrong at Hudson's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.