Hudson River Cafe
697 West 133rd Street
New York, NY 10027Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Hudson River Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hudsonrivercafe.com/
- Phone: 2124919111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Humberto Leon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire for details.
- Entertainment: Live DJ
A word from Hudson River Cafe
Style, simplicity and impeccably crafted farm fresh cuisine in the heart of New York"s original meatpacking district of the 1920's. Fused with consulting Chef Ricardo Cardona and executive chef Humberto Leon's flare and cultural spice, Hudson River Cafe will tantalize you with palate-pleasing dishes from the Hudson Valley and North East .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hudson River Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- bobnyVIPDined on 6/1/2014although there were only a few tables occupied when we got there for brunch, the service was very slow and 1 of our ordesr came out wrong and had to wait another 15 min for replacement.
- Love It HereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Went for mothers day! I really have no complaints!Special Features:
- Great West Harlem Find!!!FamCo03Dined on 4/4/2014This is a great find and very nice waitstaff! I definitely recommend to others looking for a vibrant late night restaurant and bar with great food. Also a great place for socializing and possibly meeting new people. My wife and I enjoyed it and will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazzy brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014I went with my mom for Sunday brunch, and the food was excellent. We also enjoyed the liquid brunch and live jazz music after we finished eating. Great location with good service. Win winSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What was I thinking?JFDMDined on 2/7/2014Slow service;different menu from online-won't be back.
- It was the firat time forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2009It was the firat time for my husband and I . It was our 17th wedding anniversary. We thoroughly enjoyed it only was surprised by having to pay for the valet service. Overall it was wondeful. Had a riesling wine would really like to know the name. We saked the waiter but forgot some of the details by the time we got home. All we remember was 2007.Special Features:
- I went on Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2009I went on Valentine's Day and according to the reviews I expected bad service and descent food. I chose this restaurant in spite of this. The service was bad as soon as I arrived. They wanted to seat us outside in the winter time under a tent and a heating lamp that was too hot. To top it all off their was a salsa band that was way too loud. Being that I was with my parents and girlfriend on Valentines day I would have liked them to offer seating in the inside which was empty and had less noise. Then after we actually get a table in the inside they get us the worst possible table closest to all the host and the door which lead a draft towards us. Mind you this was while the restaurant was empty and I had made reservations a few days prior.
- The dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/30/2009The dining experience was good. Our waitress was attentive and polite. We were a little bothered by the extremely loud noise/conversations among others having drinks and watching the big screens by the bar. I would had prefer to have been seated in the second floor; especially since my dinner party was 7 people. After dinner, we wanted to go across to the night club to continue my birthday celebration. Contrary to the restaurant's hospitality...the workers at the club were rude and treated my group as outsiders since we were not sitting down at a table. This just discouraged us, now a larger group since other friends came to join, from coming back.
- We really enjoyed the experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/23/2009We really enjoyed the experience. The restaurant is nicely appointed, the service attentive and food was great. My five year old son went and he enjoyed himself dancing to the music. Very comfortable. You could lounge outside in the covered area in front. I thought it was really a cool spot. Can't wait to go in the summertime.
- The wait staff is great. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/9/2009The wait staff is great. Good prices. Great drinks and food.Special Features:
- Great food, beautiful digsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/26/2008Great food, beautiful digs and prices cannot be beat.Special Features:
- This restaurant is fabulous.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/26/2008This restaurant is fabulous. I had the crab cakes, and shrimp. Then steak and potatoes for entree and everything was cooked perfectly and served beautifully. Even my friends were impressed and pleased with my selection of restaurant because they truly enjoyed the food. A great place for working professionals who want to network and drink with other professionals. Would and will go again...maybe tomorrow :)Special Features:
- Hudson River Cafe is a beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/13/2008Hudson River Cafe is a beautiful space, which festive mood. It's a low key party atmosphere with sofas and music, great for an outdoor evening. It little loud, which my group added too; don't go expecting to have an intimate evening. The waiter staff is friendly and very attentive. The food was great, I had the SPICY SHRIMP with Mango ginger for an appetizer and WHOLE CRISPY RED SNAPPER Stuffed with a seafood medley over coconut rice & sweet pepper broth for my meal. It's a blast when the Amtrak zooms by…Special Features:
- I've chosen this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/28/2008I've chosen this restaurant to propose to my fiance and I was very pleased with the entire staff at the restaurant. The care and sensitivity made our evening a momentous one.Special Features:
- The food was good but didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2008The food was good but didn't quite fit the price. The bar area is small which makes waiting a bit of a hassle. Overall the experience wasn't memorable and we probably wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Excellent food and srvice,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/13/2008Excellent food and srvice, a bit on the noisy side.Special Features:
- food was outstanding if youOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/13/2008food was outstanding if you can tolerate the extremely high noise level - not a place for a romantic tete-a-tete or business meeting. then again i wasn't allowed on the 2nd floor, which appeared to be more serene......Special Features:
- Sunday brunch was great withOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2008Sunday brunch was great with the prix fixe menu and unlimited mimosa/bellini! I have been there for brunch and dinner and the food and people are great!Special Features:
- The food is delicious, appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/5/2008The food is delicious, appetizers to dessert. Do try the steak dishes. They're prepared to perfection. Love the white sangrias!!Special Features:
- Brunch menu was good. PresentationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2008Brunch menu was good. Presentation of food was lacking. Fruits on fruit plate were sliced paper thin. Noise level exceeded sunday morning levels as we were seated right next to the live entertainment. Unlimited mimosas was a plus. Would return again to try something different on the menu and decreased noise levels.Special Features:
- I loved the ambience. ThecarmVIPDined on 11/1/2008I loved the ambience. The food was a bit bland and unseasoned. We had the kabobs. The shrimp ones were seasoned well, but the chicken and beef were not. The Brioche roll my burger came on was microwaved to keep warm. The mac n cheese was the most bland I ever tasted. It was as if milk, eggs and butter were mixed in, but someone forgot the cheese. Then they sprinkled some on top and broiled it for color, but no flavor.Special Features:
- I have dined here severalOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/27/2008I have dined here several times. The food is well-prepared and consistent. I particularly like the Calamari Salad. However, the design of the restaurant does not allow you have a conversation with your dining partner without having to raise your voice an octave or two.Special Features:
- We came for brunch with aLorraineDined on 10/19/2008We came for brunch with a party of 6. The food was very good, although we thought there was going to be a view from the name! The outdoor seating looked pretty cool, although the weather did not allow us to sit out there. All in all, we would go back.Special Features:
- Downstairs was a little noisy,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2008Downstairs was a little noisy, and cold. Lots of hard surfaces, TV's playing over the bar. Upstairs might be better - don't know. The outdoor area looks nice in good weather. Great to have a place in the neighborhood that aspires to be a good scene AND have good food. Food was fine, with ample servings. Wine list is nice, and there are a few good beers on tap. We'll go back again, check out the upstairs.Special Features:
- Excellent food that was wellOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2008Excellent food that was well prepared. Attentive service. Not much of a view unless you are outside, but doesn't matter since the decor is so chic.Special Features:
- Heat lamps for outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2008Heat lamps for outdoor dining was great.Drinks and food were served promptly. Some of the staff didn't speak English. Great for a first date or to impress.Special Features:
- Attractive women often getOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/7/2008Attractive women often get offended by the waitress' attitude, don't worry about it. The train going by every hour or so is also very sweet to see. It seems like it should be intolerably loud, but you barely notice it, and it lasts all of 6 seconds or so. For Romantic a corner table by the greenery is probably best.Special Features:
- The ambiance at The HudsonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2008The ambiance at The Hudson River Cafe was great and the service was also great. I went there to have brunch with the girls as a girls day out and we sat outside and talked and listened to the jazz band. It also seems like it would be great for a nice date with your significant other.Special Features:
- Friends and I came to theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2008Friends and I came to the restaurant for a gathering. We had a great time, the food was good, and the prices were great! The bellini's were exceptional!!Special Features:
- unlimited mimosas and bellinisOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/28/2008unlimited mimosas and bellinis and great food too. what more can u ask forSpecial Features:
- Way too noisy. They had loudOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2008Way too noisy. They had loud music outside and a loud musician playing inside.
- Fun atmosphere, good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2008Fun atmosphere, good food. Nice for after work get togethers...Special Features:
- While Hudson River did haveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2008While Hudson River did have my Reservation, for over a 2 weeks I might add. They attempted to sit my Party right by the bar. Had it not been for one of my guest being adament that would not do for a Birthday Celebration. However I must say that once we refused the table, we were lead to a comfortble seating area on the Balcony while they found rearranged their tables. I heard not one complaint on the food, the drinks. The Music was GREAT the service was very good. Were it not for the table seating intially they would have a 4 star rating from me !!!!!! I know everyone in my party is going back !!!!!!!!!
- While Hudson River Cafe looksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2008While Hudson River Cafe looks like an up-and-coming hip spot it leaves you wanting more. The lobster quesadillas were chewy. I forgot it was stuffed with lobster because it felt as if I was eating chicken fat. This detail might have been lost if I would have been able to order drinks at happy hour prices at the table but I found out that you can only get happy hour deals if you sit at the bar and do not have dinner. The main lobster and summer corn chowder was okay. For dinner I thought I'd play it safe with a medium-well kobe beef burger. Instead I was served a charred burger that had no flavor. The drinks were weak but the upstairs lounge area looked pleasant and relaxing (although I couldn't eat there because of the rain).
- First time at this restaurantFoodieVIPDined on 9/5/2008First time at this restaurant and I LOVED it! It was my birthday and a friend suggested it. It is a "happening" place, the food was delectable! The stuffed Red Snapper with coconut rice----OMG! Definately a great new find, will return!Special Features:
- Great spot. A bit loud becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2008Great spot. A bit loud because of the location but the city ambiance is a lot of fun. A trendy dining experience, all in all.Special Features:
- I'd never been to the HudsonOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2008I'd never been to the Hudson River Cafe. I was pleasantly surprised by the live band when I arrived and it is definitely a cool spot. The food was solid, but it wasn't knock your socks off. The service was friendly but very slow. It is a noisy spot so don't go if you need to have an intimate conversation. I wish that you actually had a view of the Hudson River. Net net, I'll probably go back because of the great outdoor eating and because the food was solid.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I were excitedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2008My boyfriend and I were excited when we found this restaurant. It seemed like the perfect place to have a celebratory birthday dinner: ideal location and the menu looked fabulous; however, we were disappointed. While we thought that the food was presented well, we weren't impressed by the actual meal. Aside from the appetizers (calamari salad and shrimp/calamari mix) which were tasty, the entrees (shrimp/steak meals) were extremely bland and I didn't like my mango mojito at all. We had to asked for steak sauce to try to give our meal any kind of taste, however all they were able to provide was a house sauce which was terrible and very oily. I would not recommend this place until they add a mixologist and take their chef to culinary school.
- Food was interestingly flavoredOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2008Food was interestingly flavored and good, cocktails were interestingly flavored but not good. Scene is fun, but though not the place for a quiet dinner for 2.Special Features:
- The food was good -- no problemshallowbayDined on 7/30/2008The food was good -- no problem parking -- NO VIEWS!!!! Please change that recommendation on the web site. We enjoyed it!Special Features: