356 West 58th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.morganshotelgroup.com/
- Phone: 2125546502
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Buffet: Monday-Sunday 6:30am - 11am Dinner: Sunday-Monday 5:45pm - 10pm Tuesday-Saturday 5:45pm - 11pm Bar: Sunday-Monday 5:45pm - 10:30pm Tuesday-Saturday 5:45pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Hudson Hall at the lively Hudson Hotel is host to large communal tables which are exciting and conducive for group celebrations. The best comfort food available in the grandest setting imaginable.
- Entertainment: Classic and Progressive Rock n Roll Music
- Special Events: Events Team (212) 554-6217
A word from Hudson Hall
One of the best new restaurants of 2010! FOR SPECIAL PROMOTIONS, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO SPECIAL EVENTS. One of Zagat's hottest New Restaurants for 2010, Hudson has "Modern American Food on Small Plates", communal and private tables with a great lively upbeat atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hudson Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
- Have rave reviewed this placeCTfoodieVIPDined on 5/12/2012Have rave reviewed this place before, they never fail to disappoint in food, drink and atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Great dinner experienceCTfoodieVIPDined on 5/11/2012Since this is situated in a the beautiful and eclectic Hudson Hotel there is a 'one stop shopping' benefit of being able to eat in the hall, wander up to the roof top bar for a drink drop down to the night club and then chill in the garden and then go back for a late night snack. Had dinner and then breakfast the next day. The small plates eating goes one step further by being cafeteria style which means we started with two small plates and then went back for 'just one more' two more times until we were satisfied. Food and cocktails were amazing and nice staff too. Hadn't been in years till this trip, will not wait that long again.Special Features:
- Wouldn't go for dinnerSaraVIPDined on 3/28/2012Really didn't like the 'cafeteria' concept although the food was yummy it was not a pleasant experience for dinner, might work maybe for lunch... would not recommendSpecial Features:
- I'm sorry, but I don't reallytravelingdiner9VIPDined on 3/23/2012I'm sorry, but I don't really understand the concept of this "restaurant". The name was changed from hudson cafeteria to hudson hall...but WHY would this be done if it's still a serve yourself on trays restaurant?! Sorry, but $100 for dinner for two (one drink each and no dessert) in a place where you eat food that's been sitting out and you serve yourself isn't my idea of a good experience...
- Located in the Hudson Hotel.frequenttravellerDined on 3/11/2012Located in the Hudson Hotel. Open for breakfast and dinner. Offers a cafeteria-style buffet of small plates.Special Features:
- Was empty, way overpriced,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/25/2012Was empty, way overpriced, and the format (cafeteria style) doesn't really work well for a nice dinner with friends.
- Not a fan. Was seated nextOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2012Not a fan. Was seated next to a big family that was taking up all the space on the table, even though the entire restaurant was empty. So I didn't appreciate having to sit next to some stranger's kid who kept kicking me. The food was whatever. On theory, the cafeteria style sounded interesting but my food was cold, the short ribs I got were not tender. The waffle fries my friend got were ice cold. Service was weird. I also don't like how my server creepily stares around our plates to look at what food items we got. Will not come back.
- The food was good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2012The food was good, but the waitress was useless and didn't even both to tell us that you dont order from the table, it's self-serve.Special Features:
- Very unique eating experiencedebski22VIPDined on 1/30/2012Very unique eating experience with this "cafeteria" style dining. Yummy mac-n-cheese! Pricey as portions are tiny and amounts are high - so better for nibbling, probably great for lunch.Special Features:
- Family breakfast at the HallOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/15/2012Hudson Hall is like the Hudson Hotel. A little over amped, but always fun. I had my family with me (grandma, two cousins, wife, 4 kids) so the seating--benches and throne like chairs at the table ends, worked for them. I liked the a la carte approach to getting what you want from the cold and hot buffet. It allowed me to skip the lengthy debate over cost of the buffet versus how much would each person eat... In the end, you eat with nine people, bring your Amex. I would ask the creative Director to use all those fancy, constantly changing monitors to be changed to an one screen, one channel and then my family wouldn't have to make conversation.Special Features:
- This place is fantastic forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/23/2011This place is fantastic for a date or meeting with friends. It's an interesting concept because you pick the food you want buffet style rather than ordering off a menu. The food is excellent and great cocktails too. Also the space is enormous, which is a breath of fresh air compared to most little cramped NYC spots. The Hudson Hotel overall is hip and trendy without being stuffy, which makes it a very comfortable place to hang out. Because Hudson Hall has a buffet, it's also easy to grab a quick but tasty dinner before a movie or a show. I'll definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Very Happy with Every AspectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/19/2011We didn't know what to expect and were very happy with the quality and portion sizes of all the food we ate. Our waitress was exceptional. We will definitely return in the future.Special Features:
- good place to veg out andCoralanDined on 12/11/2011good place to veg out and relax. The service was lacking this trip as compared to my last trip there. The food was just as good both times.Special Features:
- We loved the small plates.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/14/2011We loved the small plates. The service was great and the food delicious. Just what we were looking for in a casual evening. Loved the lack of pressure to finish in any time frame. Very relaxing.Special Features:
- Everything was delicious andLindaDined on 11/9/2011Everything was delicious and surprisingly filling even though the portions looked small and we shared among 4 people. Many dishes weren't ready when we went (6 pm) so we couldn't try everything that we would have chosen. Seating was comfortable enough. If it was crowded it would have been different. Casual and comfortable atmosphere. Everyone had different "favorites" of what we chose.Special Features:
- don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/28/2011Service just didn't make sense, we lined up in front of the cooks to order, they missed lots of things with the order and seemed systemic. Food was ok but nothing special, cappucino sub-par, expensive, nice room playing dumb tunes, disappointing overall.
- The food was delicious butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2011The food was delicious but i din't enjoy having to serve myself or sharing a table with other people.
- The set up was cafeteria stylemay091VIPDined on 10/21/2011The set up was cafeteria style where you get your own dishes. The restaurant was inside the Hudson Hotel which is nice. It had a nice ambience. The food itself however wasn't all that. I was excited for the brussel sprouts, however I found them overflavoured and too greasy! I only went because of a groupon - would not go back again otherwiseSpecial Features:
- Think Bromance not RomanceObjectiveVegDined on 10/17/2011The dinning hall/cafeteria style is a bit odd for the caliber of the restaurant, but the food is fresh, descent selection of options, and well prepared. Definitely not a place for a romantic date, better suited for a casual dinner with friend. The adjacent private park bar is perfect for a romantic cocktail though. The space is great....just be prepared to share the large communal hall tables with others that you don't know.Special Features:
- Our 20-something kids lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2011Our 20-something kids loved the scene at Hudson Park and Hudson Hall. Perfect place for a birthday.Special Features:
- Had a great dinner at HudsonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2011Had a great dinner at Hudson Hall! The food was delicious, especially the tuna tartare. The cocktails were not as good as I would've thought, but overall the experience was very nice. I would definitely go back.
- Disappointed by Cafeteria StyleOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/15/2011Really disappointed in the cafeteria style service - who wants to eat french fries or a slider after its been sitting under a heat lamp?!! I was super disappointed, this is beautiful space and the dinning area is well planned out, just the food was not at all good - including the cold dishes and salads. Ahi tartare was bland, green bean salad, just okay. Slider was good but the rest of it didn't even look appetizing.Special Features:
- I was surprised by the "cafeteria"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2011I was surprised by the "cafeteria" concept since I hadn't been to Hudson since it changed from the "Cafeteria" to Hudson Hall. I am still not sure if I liked the concept or not. while it is novel and good for quick service, some of the ambiance of dining out is lost when you get up to get your own food. The waiter was very gracious and the food was tasty, but slightly expensive.Special Features:
- Positively mesmerizing - IOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2011Positively mesmerizing - I think this has to be one of the finest restaurants in Midtown West and extremely affordable for the haute cuisine. I really enjoy the service most of all - no matter if the server is old or new, they genuinely enjoy working there.Special Features:
- Sadly this terrific locationYikesVIPDined on 8/8/2011Sadly this terrific location and inpressive interior houses overpriced small plates, kept warm under heat lamps. Granted their intent was to create a high end cafeteria vibe. But they only managed to produce overpriced pretentious reworks of good comfort food. The bar is beautiful, the staff terrific, but with the overall noise, repeated video clips and barely warm food... find somewher the locals go and get some good food & beer.Special Features:
- a different kind of placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/22/2011a different kind of place http://www.yourvicariousexperience.com/2011/09/hudson-hall.htmlSpecial Features:
- I like the old format moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/22/2011I like the old format more when it was Hudson cafeteria. It felt too much like my high school cafeteria. Also, I found for the food the prices are too high for the business format - tray in hand, pick up your food, and go back to table.
- The buffet table was a littletravellerVIPDined on 7/15/2011The buffet table was a little weird, but it was fun to see the dishes before deciding. Jalapeno Corn was fantastic; as was Pear French Martini. Definitely would want to go there again.Special Features:
- It's a cool concept: smallOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2011It's a cool concept: small plates served dining-hall style with long communal tables, although at first it's disorienting. They have projectors showing sports on 3 walls - definitely great place to watch soccer games. Service is attentive, even though you get your own food. Loved the sous vide short rib and tuna tartar. We needed 3 dishes per person to feel full, so it comes out pricey.Special Features:
- A Lovely ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2011Sublime service complements an interesting and sumptuous selection of tapas-like dishes. Everyone from the hostess to the bartender and even the chef was incredibly accommodating and made us feel like special guests. This is how a restaurant should treat its customers. An absolutely phenomenal service experience. The food is nice for a cafeteria-style operation. It's not rave-worthy, but I would certainly go back in a heartbeat and would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a quick, tasty meal with exceptional service.Special Features:
- Date 09.07.2011. We dont likeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2011Date 09.07.2011. We dont like the new concept. We were in your restaurant in august 2008. It was very nice in 2008. Verry special and romantic too. We had a good service.
- fantastic mohito at the bar.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2011fantastic mohito at the bar. dinner is cafeteria style, you pick up your food from a counter, put it on a tray and sit on one of the very long wooden tables. we had 4 items. the tuna tartare was amazing. tasty. cool. a bit spicy. perfect the crab roll was fried to death unfortunately pork spare ribs - amazing a beef dish, marinated for a long time. very good the atmosphere is a bit like in a sports bar. very huge wrap around screens on all walls. good place to meet after work. drink snacks. drinks are very pricey we did a guilt deal and that was very much worth it.Special Features:
- My friend and I went on aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2011My friend and I went on a Sunday night and the selection was awful. We were only able to choose from a few plates that look as though they had been sitting there for hours. Very diappointed as Hudson Cafeteria used to be one of my favorite restaurants before the change to Hudson Hall. I will never go back!
- Terrible set up. RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/2/2011Terrible set up. Restaurant is buffet style. You have to find a red plastic tray and walk up to the centered kitchen and then order. Seating is communal which can be fun, except that no seats have backs to them, making dining and relaxing comfortably- rather impossible. We arrived and then left without eating. Our waitress agreed with our complaint and said that many others have given the same feedback.
- Large sports bar-restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/5/2011Large sports bar-restaurant and comparable atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Hudson Hall is great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/29/2011Hudson Hall is great. The food is great. They stopped serving and now have a more cafeteria style, which i feel is hurting the restaurant, but the hotel, all of the little hang-out areas and the food are amazing.Special Features:
- Fun place. It was a bit annoyingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2011Fun place. It was a bit annoying that no food was ready at all when we came. We booked a table for 10 people and there were more people in the restaurant - so have some food ready. A bit expensive, but good atmosphaere and good food as well.Special Features:
- Semi-cafeteria style. BeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/6/2011Semi-cafeteria style. Be careful. The prices add up quickly.Special Features:
- The hybrid service model (self-servOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/28/2011The hybrid service model (self-serve buffet with table waitstaff) at breakfast doesn't work well without a menu -- why not print a few menus? The short order staff managed to get the simplest order -- egg white omlette with cheese -- completely wrong.
- Been here before and not sureBfnyc0007VIPDined on 4/26/2011Been here before and not sure I love the cafateria style service or the long benches...they definately want you uncomfortable so you dont stay long as they surely want to turn the crowd. Food was ok. Fresh lime juice margaritas were perfect!!! Not a bad review just lots of other options in NYC that do it better. Worth the visit if your not local...especially to see the balance of the property. Great for late night but not so much as a dinner destination.