600 1st Avenue N
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hubertsmpls.com/
- Phone: 612-767-2960x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00am, Sunday: 10am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Hubert's
Even when we don't have reservations available, come stop in! We've got expansive bar space and room for walk-ins! Settled right inside Target Center and across the street from Target Field, Huberts Sports Bar & Grill has a pretty great place to call home in Downtown Minneapolis. Huberts is THE sports bar that completes your game time or concert experience! Well that, and our signature Deep Fried Juicy Lucy and nearly 40 HD TVs and screens of course... With direct access into Target Center and right on Twins Plaza, you're only ever a few feet away from the heart of the action. Huberts has an amazing food and drink selection, so you're bound to find your all-time favorites or discover a new one! Stop in soon so we can all have a good time!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Hubert's - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Hubert's reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (4)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great For Watching FootballVikingsFanDined on 9/7/2014Huberts provided an awesome atmosphere on NFL Sunday, and provided great deals on appetizers and drinks during the game.Special Features:
- bsueDined on 8/2/2014Our group of four enjoyed it very much, since two of them never ate there before. Would go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was just plain bizarreStanVIPDined on 7/27/2014Sun after the game was seating outside, after ordering sat for 30 min, waitress kept asking if we needed anything finally dawned on us she thought we were waiting to leave, reminded her we had ordered food, 10 min later she tried to give us another tables check, again reminded her we were waiting on food, 10 min later got the food but it wasn't right. Ordered a burger with mayo and extra tom/onion, got none of it (later when we got the check saw it was entered right on the order, but apparently neither her nor the kitchen bothered to follow it). Asked her for mayo/onion, never got it. Food was good once we got it but service was terrible and just bizarre. All in all was there over an hour and 40 minutes.Special Features:
- Hard to beat before an eventpagunnerDined on 7/17/2014The food was really good. Noise level is over the top -- had a sore throat from talking loud enough to be heard! Still recommend it for people taking in events at the Target Center or ball field.Special Features:
- Lots of TVs & Fun FoodsuburbandadDined on 7/5/2014I picked Huberts for supper as it had a menu with lots of options appealing to kids - I have a couple of teens. Plus I have never been there, even in the old location, and wanted to try it. The food was great. Service was not terribly attentive, but not the worst either. I had the cuban sandwich and upgraded to sweet potato fries. Very tasty. The kids were so-so about the pizza, but I think that's mostly they didn't like the bar atmosphere even though it was supper time. It's quite loud in there. So bring a date for bar food and sports watching and leave the kids home.Special Features:
- Pre Show Spot!CherShowDined on 6/11/2014This is the perfect place to visit for drinks and food before any event at Target Center/Field.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectLuv2dineDined on 5/24/2014Great place to eat and meet fellow Lynx fans. We love bringing are guests and family members here before a Lynx game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 26 reviews are from the Hubert's reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/9/2014The food was good but the drinks were not so good. My husband sent his drink back twice and he received attitude from the bartender.Special Features:
- waitress not friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014maybe she was having a bad night but she did not smile and did not seem happy in what she was doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sports Bar for Lunch3JETDined on 3/25/2014It's a sports bar. Speaks for its self. But pretty dead during lunch, making it acceptable for business meetings. Great lunch prices and specials also.Special Features:
- Pre-Timberwolves LunchLakers1Dined on 3/23/2014Great food, ambience for us to take family before a Timberwolves game. Reasonably priced. Great location. Great TV locations. Unfortunately, they said didn't have our reservation, informed it was made under open-table and got a "oh, that's why". Anyways, they had a table available for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiting too longLunchVIPDined on 3/20/2014After ordering solely off the special lunch menu, it took 45 to 50 minutes for the food to reach the table. That's way too long at lunch.
- Food & Service Need ImprovementsBillDined on 3/15/2014I felt the food was just okay when we went there for breakfast. Service was slow and it wasn't busy.
- The staff here is always superBrendaVIPDined on 3/6/2014The staff here is always super friendly. It is an awesome location before games and concerts. Good drink selection and food is good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week FailjlsidlerDined on 2/24/2014Tried Huberts for Restaurant Week lunch. Server was nice enough but the food was not good. The appetizers were greasy & felt very food servicey. Meatloaf Wellington was dry & had no discernable flavor & the mashed potatoes arrived with a visible crust, like the whole plate had been sitting under a heat lamp for 10 minutes. It's a sad meal that finds the steamed broccoli the LEAST disappointing thing on the plate. My friend tried the Waffle Burger, ordered medium but it was clearly well done & very dry on arrival. No flavor. The waffle was plain & also disappointing. Housemade chips were cold & stale. Overall, nothing appeared to have been made fresh or to order, inexcusable as there was almost no one else there at 11:30 on a Monday.
- pre showdvilinskiDined on 2/23/2014Awesome place to eat even with kids we always eat here before events at the target centerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sports Bar Nothing FancyLizzieTishDined on 2/22/2014We went along with a large group, which the restaurant (upon pre-arranged reservation) set up in a section of the restaurant (buffet for the group of athletes, menu ordering for the parents). We had a couple of waitresses that took care of the whole area, and they did a great job with the number of people they had to serve. The food was decent bar food - Walleye (broiled) sandwich with slaw, and the Philly style cheese steak sandwich with slaw were both very good. The buffet they set up for the athletes was good (I heard, did not personally try it). The place is large and open-spaced, there were quite a few young people around. Good selection of draft beer if that's what you're looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never got foodjjssDined on 2/14/2014They told us to seat ourselves. I asked how many people had shown already, they told me to go look. No one helped us get seated. We waited 15 minutes for someone to take our drink order, another 20 to receive the drink. We asked how long it would take for food, and our server said they were really backed up, and it would be at least 30 minutes after she put the order in, if we ordered soup or salad, and longer for anything else. I expressed my frustration and did not get much help. No one in our area was getting much service. The one waitress was swamped. We ended up leaving after 45 minutes without ordering food, and we ate concessions in the Target Center. very disappointing.
- Loved It!JodsterDined on 2/8/2014Great food, great service! Very convenient place to eat prior to Wolves game!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ReservationHaileyDined on 2/8/2014When we arrived they did not have our reservation. Seating was lousy, but the food was good and the waitress was trying hard to keep up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014My first time there. Good setting. Spacious. Courteous staff. Great place to go before a show at Target Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/10/2014We stopped at Hubert's before a T Wolves game. The location is so great when heading to Target Center. We had reservations and were seated promptly. We allowed an hour to have a beer and a burger. Long story short, it took 40 minutes to get our food. This is unexpected at a sports bar that has long handled pre-game crowds. The hurried bites we had of our food before heading in to the game were good. Our server did not advise us that the kitchen was behind or that there would be a long wait for food. She continued to offer us more drinks as we waited, and repeatedly said "a few more minutes". Another server finally delivered our food. We will allow more time if we go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013If you are looking for a charbroiled hamburger this is the place. Nacho were not bad either.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedsbelleDined on 12/21/2013We chose Hubert's because we were going to an event at Target Center and because we had heard good things about it. It was a disappointing experience. The food was nothing very special - we (four of us) all had different things and no one was delighted with their order. The server was almost non-existent and when she did appear seemed out of sorts about something. She was abrupt and almost impatient. We had to ask another server for plates and silverware when our appetizers came, ours was MIA. We had to ask twice to get the check and then were brought the wrong one. I would not recommend Hubert's to anyone.
- Not a Game NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2013Hubert's is in the Target Center, home of the Minnesota Timberwolves. we ate on a non-game night so it was not busy. Would not have needed a reservation. Accordingly, they were probably not at full staff so a few times, we had a bit of a wait for the waiter - she explained that they were setting up for a group elsewhere in the restaurant. When she was there, service was good. Food was okay and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time dining at Huberts.luv2dineDined on 10/30/2013first time dining at Huberts. Very good food and service. But the table location was in front of the arena door so it basically was right in the pathway of people going to the Timberwolves game. Not the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Packer Pre-gameDEMuchaDined on 10/27/2013We ate here before the Packer-Viking game. The restaurant is not real close to the Metrodome, which means the restaurant wasn't real busy, compared to the bars closer to the dome. The service was good ad attentive. The menu is fairly big and the food was what you would expect for a sports bar - very good but not great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Bar FoodSteakLoverDined on 10/25/2013Had the deep fried juicy lucy, lots of grease but that was to be expected. The beef needed a little flavor, but the cheese and texas toast were very good.Special Features:
- Good food no frillsZulu1Dined on 10/12/2013Good food no frills needed for a trip to the Dome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sports BarToryDined on 10/6/2013Good service on night where it was packed for a Lynx playoff game. Food came fast and was good. Typical sports bar burgers but great sweet potato fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Host was not at stand whenraphymnDined on 9/7/2013Host was not at stand when I got there and there was no costomers stood there for 10 min even a mgr walked by and did not say a word
- Great Sports Bar/GrillNotFromMinnDined on 8/29/2013Hubert's doesn't have much in the way of typical dinner entres, but the salmon I had was v.good ! Met 2 friends to watch a game Thurs night, & the some of the TV's were so big we didn't sit at the table closest to one, as I wanted to see the whole screen. Twins had a day home game & Vikes home night game, but it was not v.busy as it sometimes can be. I thought it was a great place to watch a game, can't beat all the screens they have. Just wish their happy hour incl some wine too instead of just beer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre game choice as alwaysMrsVDined on 8/16/2013Another great experience pre game or pre target center event. Hamburgers are excellent choice. Wings great. Pizzas are only ok. We went open table, due to 7 of us. However, Hubert's does nice job sitting people quickly, knowing there are events folks go to. Management is always attentive. They seem short staffed this visit. Music was louder than normal, so tough talk. But all and all excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.