110 West Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hubbardinn.com/
- Phone: (312) 222-1331
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday, 11am to 2am
Saturday, 11am to 3am
Sunday 11am- 5pm
Brunch menu on Saturday and Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Bob Zrenner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ on select nights
- Special Events: Parties of 12 or more please contact Stephanie Chamberlin at email@example.com
A word from Hubbard Inn
European-inspired dishes, quintessential mid-century cocktails and eccentric interiors have made this continental tavern one of River North's favorite spots.Continued
Parties of 10 or more please contact our Events Coordinator Stephanie Chamberlin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parties of 10 or more please contact our Events Coordinator Stephanie Chamberlin, at email@example.com.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hubbard Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (41)good for groups (38)fit for foodies (36)hot spot (33)neighborhood gem (27)great for lunch (16)late-night find (15)great for brunch (14)great for outdoor dining (14)special occasion (14)notable wine list (6)romantic (6)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Very loud happy hourCindyVIPDined on 11/14/2014I had a 5:30 reservation at Hubbard Inn. We were seated pretty quickly, but my server never came to take our drink order even though he walked by our table several times. We didn't want to be late for our concert, so I asked a busboy to find him. After that, everything was good The turkey burgers and sweet potato fries were very good - just like the last time I ordered it. Happy hour was busy and very loud, so if you don't mind yelling to the person sitting across from you, you might enjoy yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uber DeliciousDiningGoddessDined on 11/8/2014We had a great view of Hubbard street and were able to watch all the comings and goings while we ate. That was an extra added bonus. Our waitress was attentive and nice. The food was divine! My sister had the braised short ribs and loved every bit of it, especially the pasta. I had the turkey burger and even re-heated the next day, it was superb! I don't think you can go wrong with anything here. I would highly recommend and will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUD!!SteveDined on 11/7/2014Honestly, this is one of the LOUDEST restaurants I have ever visited. We had to shout at each other across our table to be heard. The food was okay - the service, however, was inattentive, until it was time to turn the table over. We were seated for nearly ten minutes before the waiter came back for our first drink order. We had fun, but it could have been a lot better.Special Features:
- Good Food, Fun Vibeabc123Dined on 11/7/2014My mom and aunt were in town, so I thought I would take them to Hubbard Inn for a fun friday night dinner in Chicago. From the moment I checked in with the host she was rude and seemed like we were burdening her by checking in at 7:25 for our 7:30 reservation and said that she would seat us at 7:30. She proceeded to seat 6 tables of people who walked in after we had before she finally sat us at 7:40 and seemed like she was doing us some big favor. The server was nice enough, but only stopped by to grab drink/food orders. Other than that was no where to be found. The food was good however and the ambiance was lively but that was the only highlight of the experience. I would go back but only for drinks with friends after work.Special Features:
- Our server was the best!Lisa666Dined on 10/25/2014My husband a I took my son and his friend here for my sons birthday. We were seated immediately and Garit was our server. He was amazing - great suggestions, fast service, adorable and a great peronality. The bacon wrapped dates are so good and my husband loved the lobster roll. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!lindsrhVIPDined on 10/24/2014Great multifunctional location. Great for business lunch during the week, happy hours, dinners, and events. They have great decor and amazing food for the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but very loud!MaxiDined on 10/23/2014Great food and drinks but noise level is deafening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too loud!npc15Dined on 10/10/2014My husband and I came here on a Friday night. The food was good and the service efficient considering how packed the place was but we could not have a normal conversation because we had to yell everything at each other despite sitting less than a foot apart. The music (at the bar?) was way too loud resulting in the other patrons yelling at each other to compensate for the loud music, substantially adding to the noise level and culminating in the impossibility to actually carry on a conversation. The food, service, and ambiance (minus the noise) here are great for a date night but the noise level seriously undermines this establishment's ability of being a great date night restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- geezyVIPDined on 10/5/2014Went for Sunday Brunch, and while we loved the ambiance, the food was just good. It all looked really good, and sounded great on the menu, but the execution was a bit below our expectations. But it was an overall good experience, just not quite up to what we were hoping.Special Features:
- Hubbard Inn Go To PlaceLVMYCHIDined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed dinner at Hubbard Inn many times over the last year--the food is always outstanding and the atmosphere is eclectic and happening. Tried the mussels this time...mmmmmmmm. Entire table loved them. If you like to share small plates--Hubbard is for you. We called to get a reservation--none available. Went to Open Table and picked one up fairly easily. Love the neighborhood too. Lots going on.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceCccccVIPDined on 9/25/2014Our server had attitude and did not give a damn about serving her customers.Special Features:
- ExceptionalCindyVIPDined on 9/23/2014My first visit to Hubbard Inn was excellent. My daughter and I shared the Mushroom and Asparagus Flatbread to start and she took home the leftovers. We then split the turkey burger and sweet potato fries - I wish had ordered my own, it was so good. I will definitely return to Hubbard Inn and try some of their other small plates. Any restaurant that offers chocolate cake with raspberry coulis gets high marks from me.Special Features:
- Awesome Short RibskarilynnDined on 9/20/2014They have mostly small plates there for sharing. The short ribs were amazing. Also, the chickpea wrap was unique and delicious.Special Features:
- Foodhab2004Dined on 9/12/2014I think that the service was great but the food was mediocre at best. The two main entrees were cold and the crab cake that was ordered tasted like canned crab meat. I think we all expected more. With that being said, we did enjoy the chorizo and goat cheese flatbread.Special Features:
- One of My Go-To Lunch SpotsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/5/2014I love Hubbard Inn. I have taken countless people to lunch there (I do 8-10 business lunches per month on average), and everyone I've taken raved about it. Slightly eclectic decor, but just enough to make it feel comfortable without being odd. Menu rotates seasonally. Plenty of nice small plates and flatbreads. I have never had a bad dish and the food is consistently excellent. The lobster roll is a very popular staple and consistently excellent. Service is very good, but can occasionally be just a bit slow. Servers have uniformly been courteous, friendly, charming, and helpful. All of the servers have been happy to chat you up a little, but never too much. Friendly banter. Will continue to hit it up at least once a month.Special Features:
- Really bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was awful and even though we shared our complaints with the waitress she only brought Tabasco sauce to our table. We waited for a long time and it was too noisy to talk.
- Food good - atmosphere loud2loud2heargoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014A small group of us went to the Hubbard Inn for Brunch on Saturday - reservations for 11:30 am. There were a lot of 20-something college alums who had been drinking for a while and were quite loud. At times it was nearly impossible to hear what someone accross our table was saying. Also, the ceiling above our table was dripping water onto the plate of one of our party. When it was reported to the staff they would periodically wipe up the water - but the woman who was closest to the drip would have appreciated it if management had recognized that this was an improper situation and at least offered her a free cocktail. The food, however, was very good and the menu provided a lot of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and lively, avoid fried chickenSLMpickinsDined on 8/15/2014Brussel sprouts were amazing. Service was good. Manager was attentive and friendly. Didn't love the fried chicken. Tasted like it was maybe fried in the same oil as fish. The rest of the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday DeadShashasoVIPDined on 8/10/2014We arrived for our reservation only to find the entire place empty except for one couple sitting by the window. The place as so dead that the wait staff didn't even care that we had walked in. I was very surprised as to how dead the place was because I've seen it packed before. I hope to have another opportunity to try this place when there are actual people there.
- Just okayLove2trynewrestaurantDined on 8/10/2014The food was just okay. It didn't have that much flavor.Special Features:
- Horrible service, hopefully a flukeason83jayDined on 8/9/2014Had brunch Saturday with my wife. Way too many things went wrong for me to leave a positive review. We had high hopes for our first visit and were let down. The guy filling up water glasses after we sat down walked around to every table surrounding us and skipped our table. He made a second round and was about to skip our table again until I got his attention. Our server was non-existent, to the point that another table had to go ask for him. I tried to stop a different server, but they seemed not to want to help any of his tables. The shirmp in the bloody mary's were so bad that we asked to exclude them on the next round. My wife's plate had onions after requesting none. Her replacement plate took a long time. No attempt to comp anything.
- Good times, but bad start.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Overall, the experience here was better than average. However, when we showed up at 8:10 for our 8:15pm reservation, the hostess was a little rude. She said that we should go get a drink at the bar and they would be able to seat us closer to our reservation. Then, they seated us at 8:30. I was slightly annoyed that we arrived closer to our reservation than when we were actually seated. Oh well.
- Eclectic and funky vibeJeffLVIPDined on 8/2/2014The Hubbard Inn has an eclectic mixture of art on the walls and the food is similarly mixed. My 6 year old nephew was initially certain the food would be "horrible", but after sampling the ravioli and the goat cheese and chorizo flat bread he proclaimed "this is the best meal ever!". The rest of the group shared some small plates of braised short ribs, bacon wrapped dates, tuna tartar and chickpea crepe along with the mentioned flat bread. They were all wonderful.Special Features:
- 4boz4bozDined on 8/1/2014Fabulous decor. Definitely a hot spot. Kitchen definitely outshines the front of the house. I loved the menu and the preparations were very good. Our overall experience from our arrival and throughout dinner was less than adequate. Staff is not too friendly, unless you are known to be a regular. Host, hostess were extremely off-putting and non-welcoming. Our server was ok.Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprised!nomnomnomVIPDined on 8/1/2014After reading some reviews of this restaurant, I was a little nervous about the service. However, everything was fine! We had a reservation for 8:15 on a Friday night and were seated promptly when we arrived. The waitress was kind and attentive. Everyone in my party got either a burger or a salad, so we didn't try any of the small plates, but we were all satisfied with the food. The drink list was also quite long! I think my favorite part, however, was the ambiance of the restaurant. Trendy but still well-done, and it looked like they had put a decent amount of time into designing the interior of the space. I will be back!Special Features:
- Vegetarian DelightJackieAVIPDined on 8/1/2014The chickpea crepe is out of this world! It's stuffed with roasted tomatoes, lentils and cauliflower. There is a divine sauce on it, too. Still craving it days later!Special Features:
- Great brunchMDSchicagoVIPDined on 7/26/2014Had brunch at Hubbard Inn recently and it was terrific. Excellent and varied menu, beautifully presented and everything delicious. We ate outside. Very friendly, casual but attentive service.Special Features:
- The following 416 reviews are from the Hubbard Inn reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Had brunch. It was delicious and the service was great.Special Features:
- Go-to dinner spotminimaletteDined on 7/14/2014We brought a bunch of family here for their first visit to Chicago. The service was good and the menu was fantastic- interesting enough that we were excited to see what our dishes would look like, but not so creative that they scared off our more conservative guests. Also, everything was delicious. We liked the option of sharing plates, too. This is going to become my go-to spot for dinner with out-of-towners.
- Great place for brunchTigersmityVIPDined on 7/12/2014Used a groupon to try out the Hubbard Inn. Started with a Bloody Mary that was garnished with a three bite shrimp and an olive and lime. Very tasty,not too spicy! Crab Benedict for me and pork belly Benedict for my husband. Both very good, substantial servings, and a great combination of flavors! We visited on a Saturday to avoid the crowd od a Sunday brunch. Nice crowd but not too noisy--sat in the window seat facing the street --so didn't see much of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for BrunchTheWindyCityVIPDined on 6/29/2014Visited the Hubbard on an introductory Groupon . Cool décor, great service, and tempting menu items. The lobster omelet was delicious, as were the mixed style of fried potatoes. Definitely have to return for dinner one night.Special Features:
- A fabulous evening at Hubbard Inn!MaxiDined on 6/27/2014Outstanding food, highlighted by the dated wrapped in bacon and a tasty gazpacho,ade this a perfect summer evening in the flower-filled outdoor seating area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent, nothing specialbirdieDined on 6/23/2014Let me start by saying i was taking my college age son out and he can eat. The food was very good, no complaints, but the shareable plates just didn't quite cut it. I thought the menu was limited. This is more a "chick" place to order good, pretty food and just hang out.Special Features:
- Hubbard Inn Hops!greggmimerDined on 6/19/2014A friend originally from here was in town from overseas for a few days and staying in the River North Area. He wanted to go out to dinner with some other friends. I suggested a number of options on Hubbard St. which was an easy walk from his hotel. From the description of the various places, he chose the Hubbard Inn. The service was informed but informal and friendly. I had read online about the raw bar options which we asked about and ordered a few things from. The server did not tell us about them without our asking and we were glad we inquired. We voted the crab legs the best of the three items ordered. While the noise level increased as time passed, we enjoyed sharing plates and picking our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to Remain A Good ChoiceBigFanDined on 6/18/2014I've been here on numerous occasions and it's has yet to disappoint. It can be a bit loud but the drink and food selection is worth it. Fun place to entertain guests.Special Features:
- REALLY small portionsFamilydinnerfanDined on 6/14/2014Overall the food was good and we had above average service for a large group of 8. However it was very expensive and very small portions, and we eat out often and are accustomed to tapas and sharing, so we are not looking for massive quantities of food. I would not return.Special Features:
- Rip-off ShrimpAndiVIPDined on 6/14/2014The outdoor space was alright and the waitress was attentive. I ordered a salad with grilled shrimp which was an extra $8.00. In reality, there were only 2 shrimp sliced in half to look like 4 shrimp. I was shocked. When the bill came I told the waitress I was disappointed and to their credit, it was taken off the bill. I was never sure if it was a real mistake by the chef or not. My husband's flatbread was so-so. It's checked off our list now and we move on to try other restaurants.
- Awesome Everything!alphatimDined on 6/14/2014Or server, Emily, was the world's greatest! Our drinks were phenomenal! My Bloody Mary was garnished with a three bite jumbo shrimp. The crab cakes benedict were fantastic. The market steak and eggs were smothered in hollandaise and lumps of lobster. It wad cooked perfectly and delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectable DiningSelfprofessedfoodieDined on 5/25/2014The brunch menu was extensive but we settled on the Steak and egg sandwich. The best choice we could have made....The steak was cooked to medium and I had my egg fried verses the recommended poached option. I believe that either is a great choice. The sandwich was accompanied by 3 different styles of roasted potatoes, purple, yellow and sweet. For our beverage we chose Pineapple mimosas! Everything was perfect. We will definitely make it back to the Hubbard Inn upon our next visit to Chicago.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014I took my cousin here while she was visiting from Louisville because I love the ambience. I think it is chic and has a lot of personality. I also heard the food was great. We shared 5 of their small plates, which was exactly the right amount of food. My favorite item was the bacon wrapped dates! I had been to Hubbard Inn for the bar scene, but never a meal. I would definitely go back!Special Features: