110 West Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hubbardinn.com/
- Phone: 3122221331x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday, 11am to 2am
Saturday, 11am to 3am
Sunday 11am- 5pm
Brunch menu on Saturday and Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Bob Zrenner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two floors that can be customized to your private events needs, call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Chamberlin- Events Coordinator 3122221331x25
- Entertainment: DJ on select nights
- Special Events: Parties of 12 or more please contact Stephanie Chamberlin at firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Hubbard Inn
European-inspired dishes, quintessential mid-century cocktails and eccentric interiors have made this continental tavern one of River North's favorite spots.Continued
Parties of 10 or more please contact our Events Coordinator Stephanie Chamberlin, at email@example.com.
Parties of 10 or more please contact our Events Coordinator Stephanie Chamberlin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hubbard Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)vibrant bar scene (34)good for groups (32)hot spot (30)great for outdoor dining (26)neighborhood gem (25)great for brunch (20)great for lunch (19)special occasion (17)late-night find (14)romantic (8)notable wine list (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Really bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was awful and even though we shared our complaints with the waitress she only brought Tabasco sauce to our table. We waited for a long time and it was too noisy to talk.
- Food good - atmosphere loud2loud2heargoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014A small group of us went to the Hubbard Inn for Brunch on Saturday - reservations for 11:30 am. There were a lot of 20-something college alums who had been drinking for a while and were quite loud. At times it was nearly impossible to hear what someone accross our table was saying. Also, the ceiling above our table was dripping water onto the plate of one of our party. When it was reported to the staff they would periodically wipe up the water - but the woman who was closest to the drip would have appreciated it if management had recognized that this was an improper situation and at least offered her a free cocktail. The food, however, was very good and the menu provided a lot of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and lively, avoid fried chickenSLMpickinsDined on 8/15/2014Brussel sprouts were amazing. Service was good. Manager was attentive and friendly. Didn't love the fried chicken. Tasted like it was maybe fried in the same oil as fish. The rest of the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday DeadShashasoVIPDined on 8/10/2014We arrived for our reservation only to find the entire place empty except for one couple sitting by the window. The place as so dead that the wait staff didn't even care that we had walked in. I was very surprised as to how dead the place was because I've seen it packed before. I hope to have another opportunity to try this place when there are actual people there.
- Just okayLove2trynewrestaurantDined on 8/10/2014The food was just okay. It didn't have that much flavor.Special Features:
- Horrible service, hopefully a flukeason83jayDined on 8/9/2014Had brunch Saturday with my wife. Way too many things went wrong for me to leave a positive review. We had high hopes for our first visit and were let down. The guy filling up water glasses after we sat down walked around to every table surrounding us and skipped our table. He made a second round and was about to skip our table again until I got his attention. Our server was non-existent, to the point that another table had to go ask for him. I tried to stop a different server, but they seemed not to want to help any of his tables. The shirmp in the bloody mary's were so bad that we asked to exclude them on the next round. My wife's plate had onions after requesting none. Her replacement plate took a long time. No attempt to comp anything.
- Good times, but bad start.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Overall, the experience here was better than average. However, when we showed up at 8:10 for our 8:15pm reservation, the hostess was a little rude. She said that we should go get a drink at the bar and they would be able to seat us closer to our reservation. Then, they seated us at 8:30. I was slightly annoyed that we arrived closer to our reservation than when we were actually seated. Oh well.
- Eclectic and funky vibeJeffLVIPDined on 8/2/2014The Hubbard Inn has an eclectic mixture of art on the walls and the food is similarly mixed. My 6 year old nephew was initially certain the food would be "horrible", but after sampling the ravioli and the goat cheese and chorizo flat bread he proclaimed "this is the best meal ever!". The rest of the group shared some small plates of braised short ribs, bacon wrapped dates, tuna tartar and chickpea crepe along with the mentioned flat bread. They were all wonderful.Special Features:
- 4boz4bozDined on 8/1/2014Fabulous decor. Definitely a hot spot. Kitchen definitely outshines the front of the house. I loved the menu and the preparations were very good. Our overall experience from our arrival and throughout dinner was less than adequate. Staff is not too friendly, unless you are known to be a regular. Host, hostess were extremely off-putting and non-welcoming. Our server was ok.Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprised!nomnomnomVIPDined on 8/1/2014After reading some reviews of this restaurant, I was a little nervous about the service. However, everything was fine! We had a reservation for 8:15 on a Friday night and were seated promptly when we arrived. The waitress was kind and attentive. Everyone in my party got either a burger or a salad, so we didn't try any of the small plates, but we were all satisfied with the food. The drink list was also quite long! I think my favorite part, however, was the ambiance of the restaurant. Trendy but still well-done, and it looked like they had put a decent amount of time into designing the interior of the space. I will be back!Special Features:
- Vegetarian DelightJackieAVIPDined on 8/1/2014The chickpea crepe is out of this world! It's stuffed with roasted tomatoes, lentils and cauliflower. There is a divine sauce on it, too. Still craving it days later!Special Features:
- Great brunchMDSchicagoVIPDined on 7/26/2014Had brunch at Hubbard Inn recently and it was terrific. Excellent and varied menu, beautifully presented and everything delicious. We ate outside. Very friendly, casual but attentive service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Had brunch. It was delicious and the service was great.Special Features:
- Go-to dinner spotminimaletteDined on 7/14/2014We brought a bunch of family here for their first visit to Chicago. The service was good and the menu was fantastic- interesting enough that we were excited to see what our dishes would look like, but not so creative that they scared off our more conservative guests. Also, everything was delicious. We liked the option of sharing plates, too. This is going to become my go-to spot for dinner with out-of-towners.
- Great place for brunchTigersmityVIPDined on 7/12/2014Used a groupon to try out the Hubbard Inn. Started with a Bloody Mary that was garnished with a three bite shrimp and an olive and lime. Very tasty,not too spicy! Crab Benedict for me and pork belly Benedict for my husband. Both very good, substantial servings, and a great combination of flavors! We visited on a Saturday to avoid the crowd od a Sunday brunch. Nice crowd but not too noisy--sat in the window seat facing the street --so didn't see much of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for BrunchTheWindyCityVIPDined on 6/29/2014Visited the Hubbard on an introductory Groupon . Cool décor, great service, and tempting menu items. The lobster omelet was delicious, as were the mixed style of fried potatoes. Definitely have to return for dinner one night.Special Features:
- A fabulous evening at Hubbard Inn!MaxiDined on 6/27/2014Outstanding food, highlighted by the dated wrapped in bacon and a tasty gazpacho,ade this a perfect summer evening in the flower-filled outdoor seating area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent, nothing specialbirdieDined on 6/23/2014Let me start by saying i was taking my college age son out and he can eat. The food was very good, no complaints, but the shareable plates just didn't quite cut it. I thought the menu was limited. This is more a "chick" place to order good, pretty food and just hang out.Special Features:
- Hubbard Inn Hops!greggmimerDined on 6/19/2014A friend originally from here was in town from overseas for a few days and staying in the River North Area. He wanted to go out to dinner with some other friends. I suggested a number of options on Hubbard St. which was an easy walk from his hotel. From the description of the various places, he chose the Hubbard Inn. The service was informed but informal and friendly. I had read online about the raw bar options which we asked about and ordered a few things from. The server did not tell us about them without our asking and we were glad we inquired. We voted the crab legs the best of the three items ordered. While the noise level increased as time passed, we enjoyed sharing plates and picking our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REALLY small portionsFamilydinnerfanDined on 6/14/2014Overall the food was good and we had above average service for a large group of 8. However it was very expensive and very small portions, and we eat out often and are accustomed to tapas and sharing, so we are not looking for massive quantities of food. I would not return.Special Features:
- Rip-off ShrimpAndiVIPDined on 6/14/2014The outdoor space was alright and the waitress was attentive. I ordered a salad with grilled shrimp which was an extra $8.00. In reality, there were only 2 shrimp sliced in half to look like 4 shrimp. I was shocked. When the bill came I told the waitress I was disappointed and to their credit, it was taken off the bill. I was never sure if it was a real mistake by the chef or not. My husband's flatbread was so-so. It's checked off our list now and we move on to try other restaurants.
- Awesome Everything!alphatimDined on 6/14/2014Or server, Emily, was the world's greatest! Our drinks were phenomenal! My Bloody Mary was garnished with a three bite jumbo shrimp. The crab cakes benedict were fantastic. The market steak and eggs were smothered in hollandaise and lumps of lobster. It wad cooked perfectly and delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectable DiningSelfprofessedfoodieDined on 5/25/2014The brunch menu was extensive but we settled on the Steak and egg sandwich. The best choice we could have made....The steak was cooked to medium and I had my egg fried verses the recommended poached option. I believe that either is a great choice. The sandwich was accompanied by 3 different styles of roasted potatoes, purple, yellow and sweet. For our beverage we chose Pineapple mimosas! Everything was perfect. We will definitely make it back to the Hubbard Inn upon our next visit to Chicago.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014I took my cousin here while she was visiting from Louisville because I love the ambience. I think it is chic and has a lot of personality. I also heard the food was great. We shared 5 of their small plates, which was exactly the right amount of food. My favorite item was the bacon wrapped dates! I had been to Hubbard Inn for the bar scene, but never a meal. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Good Spot For A GroupKateVIPDined on 5/6/2014Hosted a team dinner here recently and it was a great evening. Small plates were all delicious and a great way for a group to share. Cocktails were amazing. Large booths made it easy for our group to talk and share.Special Features:
- The following 402 reviews are from the Hubbard Inn reviews archive.
- Fun place, good placehut52Dined on 4/30/2014The food was great and the raw seafood bar they have on Wed-Friday from 4-7 is a can't miss. However, I was disappointed with the noise level. It was very difficult to hear the other person I was dining with. That being said other than that the food was reasonably priced. We didn't drink much so can't speak to the drink although I would have liked to see some sort of happy hour drink special.Special Features:
- Late Seatingfoodiegal22Dined on 4/26/2014I love Hubbard Inn and have been there numerous times in the past, but unfortunately my review isn't the best for this past Saturday night. We arrived on time for our 8:15 reservation and were told that the table was running a few minutes behind. We ended up waiting 35 minutes, at about 20 minutes I checked in with the hostess who was rude and told me she knew I was here and that she'd find me at the bar. Really, really rude girl when in the past the host team has been great. They finally sat us and once we sat down everything was great. Our server Linda was sweet and the scallops and bacon wrapped dates were delicious as usual. Drinks were also good. I was honestly just upset with the long wait time(when we had a res) and the rude hostess.Special Features:
- Overly hipster?UnhappyVIPDined on 4/26/2014The noisy, hipster vibe would surely be a plus for some diners, but our group of four were hoping to have a conversation and, at least on the bar floor, it's too loud for that. Waitress was friendly enough but somewhat slow and definitely delinquent with the water refills. Food was good but not good enough to make up for the overly (for our purposes) buzzy atmosphere. We'd try the upper floor (which we didn't see) if we came back, in hopes of a better ambience, but we probably won't return.Special Features:
- A good, but limited, menuTKgrayslakeDined on 4/26/2014This is more of an appetizer and small plates kind of place. The main courses are tasty, but the selection is somewhat limited. I see it as more of a lunch or later evening stop. The ambiance is very nice, inn experience, as the name suggests. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the lighting!sroth11Dined on 4/22/2014The food was excellent, the staff friendly and on-point, and the decor is marvelous. It was a bit loud at dinner time, and I was entertaining clients so that wasn't great, but overall I thought it was a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual GemEllaDined on 4/19/2014The place had a very casual, energetic feel to it. The restaurant's shared/communal dining concept will attract some people but will not entice couples looking for a private/romantic evening. The menu was simple but the food was very well prepared and reasonably priced. The portions were substantial despite being labeled as 'small plates'. We definitely will be coming back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchLakeviewNeighborVIPDined on 4/19/2014Food, cocktails -- all delicious! Our server was knowledgeable and attentive. On a Saturday evening the place was buzzing with River North energy. Very fun experience overall.Special Features:
- Great Dinner and BrunchDomiDined on 4/13/2014I recently went to Hubbard Inn for a dinner experience with a bachelorette party and then followed it up with brunch the next day. Both were excellent and the service was on par. I highly recommend the bacon wrapped dates and eggs benedict. The drinks were also very good and recommend the Moscow Mule.Special Features:
- I love Hubbard Inn. The foodburkie123Dined on 4/12/2014I love Hubbard Inn. The food is excellent with lots of smaller plates to share amongst a group. The flat bread pizzas, the lamb meatballs, bacon wrapped dates and scallops were all delicious. They have great larger plates to but we usually end up cutting them up and splitting them like the lobster rolll and the lamb burger. We go there a lot for work because they can handle larger tables but this weekend we had a birthday dinner there and it was just great. We were seated upstairs on the second floor which at first I was wary of but they had the windows open and it was a beautiful night in Chicago and it was like eating outside but away from all the street noise. Food and service were both excellent. I will be back.Special Features:
- Great Food and Lots of EnergyLilBeanDined on 4/5/2014This is the second time I've been to Hubbard Inn, but the first time I've eaten there. Our group ordered a bunch of little plates which were appetizing. I highly recommend Hubbard Inn if you're looking for dining with a lounge feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food hit the spotschira9Dined on 3/31/2014I had a nice dinner on Monday night at the Hubbard Inn with an old friend. The setting was perfect; comfortable, warmly lit, with a good energy. We sat near the bar which I liked because it provided a little more festive atmosphere but for a dinner I sometimes find high tops difficult to get comfortable. We ordered a charcuterie board to start and selected 4 items from the small plates menu. It was the perfect amount for the 2 of us. The bacon wrapped dates were very good as well as the scallops. I would recommend it for any occasion - not overcrowded but busy enough. Good service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waited too long for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/30/2014This visit was quite disappointing. We had ordered our food and about 20 mins later, the waitress, Leah, came by and told us that she had forgotten to put our food order in and had also forgotten what we had ordered. We were OK with the wait, but we also thought that the food would be made on the fly, since she had forgotten. That did not happen. It was evident that she did not communicate her oversight of our late order to the kitchen or the manager. The manger did not stop by to see how anything was or even apologize about the extreme delay with the food. Additionally, our server Leah, did not offer any refills on mimosas or sodas. Additionally, we were charged the full amount for all of our food despite the poor service.Special Features:
- Great SpotMagenDined on 3/26/2014I've come to think of Hubbard Inn as a go to spot in River North to meet up with friends for drinks. Their food is spot on and I love their cocktails, especially the Moscow Mule. Just beware their prices are a little high for what you get and I've found the service somewhat lacking.Special Features:
- Share and share alike!AndyDined on 3/22/2014Spent a date night @ the Hubbard Inn for dinner and enjoyed the variety and ambiance...the small plates are fantastic for a group and were very well prepared, both content and presentation. We will be back the next time in Chicago!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Reservation Was Not a ReservationApolloHawkDined on 3/21/2014We were scheduled through OpenTable for a reservation at 8:45. Upon arrival, we were told OpenTable should not have allowed a reservation at this time, and that there were six groups ahead of us. The host asked us to wait, but never fulfilled our reservation. We were forced to fend for ourselves and secure a table on our own.Special Features: