793 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hubbardgrille.com/
- Phone: 6142915000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Hubbard Grille offers a variety of private event options including a beautiful yet modern 40-person private dining room located upstairs. Additionally the upstairs bar and lounge may be reserved to create a flexible space for groups of 80+. Guest can enjoy the privacy of a sit-down dinner or mingle in cocktail-party fashion. For more information visit www.hubbardgrille.com.
- Private Party Contact: Nichole 6143896520x
A word from Hubbard Grille
Hubbard Grille is a modern American restaurant located in the heart of Columbus' Short North district, offering a casual, social dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Hubbard Grille - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
Hubbard Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (26)special occasion (26)good for groups (21)great for outdoor dining (20)romantic (10)late-night find (9)scenic view (8)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Ok, but not as good as in the pastLizPSDined on 9/12/2014We live in the neighborhood and have been eating here about 5-6 times a year with friends and out of town guests. This time we brought some out of town guests that I knew would not feel as comfortable with the entree prices as we have so we did mostly sandwiches. The jalapeno corn bread was amazingly sinful...even with 4 of us sharing it the amount of butter killed it for the sweet potato fries. The Gouda Burger was good but the bun was too much for me. The aspargus was a little too limp, brussel sprouts were good and for the first time ever my husband didn't finish his fried chicken, he found it to be to greasy. Service was great and visiting with our friends was wonderful so we'll give it another try.Special Features:
- Short North GemdrrunDined on 9/6/2014Saturday night outing turned into a delicious experience. Good find. New chef has turned Grille into a Gastro Delight. The recent reviews are credible. Drinks good , food better. Busy so service was on slow side. Treat yourself to Hubbards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and crowded - but great food!2bigeatersDined on 9/5/2014This was our 3rd time to the Hubbard Grille. It was, as usual, noisy and crowded...a typical Friday night. My food was good, I ordered the bacon wrapped salmon - it was a little over cooked but still tasty. My husband ordered the sirloin - it was dry and tough. He returned it and ordered the tenderloin medallions - they were good, but still overcooked. We know not to order steaks from here. We love the dishes made with grits - fantastic. The shrimp and short rib appetizer is exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another xlnt visitPackerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Hubbard Grille has become #1 (wife) or #2 (me) choice for Friday nights. Food is excellent - been there > 10 times and always great food. Every item on menu is interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED Hubbard Grille!fab4Dined on 8/29/2014This was our first visit to HG with another couple also looking for a new place to dine. HG did not disappoint! Urged by other reviews, we decided to try the brussel sprouts and LOVED them. All four of us were impressed with the presentation and taste of our meals: walleye special, pulled pork & shrimp. seared tuna, and sacchetti pasta. The specialty cocktails were delectable as well. To top off the evening, our waiter, Chad, was fun, attentive, and offered great suggestions. We highly recommend HG for the ambience, service, and cuisine!Special Features:
- Not bad, not greatDJM1Dined on 8/24/2014Service was outstanding but food was too rich and oily. Not a great selection for those who like to eat on the lighter side. Too expensive for mediocre dinner.Special Features:
- Poor qualityrhoncDined on 8/23/2014Everything tasted and looked like it was straight out of a can. Even the blue cheese stuffed olives in the martini. Horrible. Finally used butter knives to cut our steaks, after repeated requests for steak knives. Will not return.
- Service was lacklusterKW25Dined on 8/17/2014I asked for a candle with the birthday dessert in my open table request. Dessert never came because I never had a chance to order dessert. The waiter was too busy texting the whole time and gave me my check before I even had to order dessert. Their Fried Chicken was good. Brussel Sprouts were good. Between the host (possibly the manager of the place) texting by the kitchen along with our waiter texting by the kitchen, I think the service could improve. There was a special happy hour by the patio and when I mentioned the specials, I was not offered to move. If you want to do a happy hour special, request bar or patio.Special Features:
- fun and delicious night outLive2eatDined on 8/9/2014We chose Hubbard Grille after seeing it on open table. We were looking for an exciting place to take our daughter for her 21st birthday and also our fifth grader that he could enjoy. The food was fantastic and even the kids meal was nicely done, not merely warmed pre-packaged offerings. You have to try the pulled short ribs, Brussel sprouts and cornbread. Note it is an energetic and noisy bar area so request a table in a quieter section if conversation is a priority. Greg E. Did an excellent job to make sure we had a great experience. Will make sure to take friends there in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner placeBigcitydinersDined on 8/9/2014My parents and I really enjoyed this place as my first night in Columbus. Food was excellent especially the brussel sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChloeChloeDined on 8/3/2014Love the Brussels Sprouts! Also enjoyed calamari, seared tuna, a fresh, delicious salad, & cocktails. Recently discovered Hubbard Grille. Friendly staff! Look forward to returning often. Great spot in the Short North!Special Features:
- Well conceived and executed menuHestonBlumenthalFanVIPDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I had a very nice dinner at the Hubbard Grille on Saturday, August 2. We ate outside, which was pleasant. The food was very good -- the menu is nicely conceived and the dishes executed well. We'll be back for more. Note: the inside of the restaurant was extremely noisy, for those who either want or want to avoid that ambiance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014To start, Hubbard Grille is one of our favorite restaurants, and, as such, it was a logical choice to celebrate our sixth anniversary. It did not disappoint. Entrees were excellent. Both were very good, cooked as ordered and well presented. Service was excellent. Our waiter, Chad, was helpful and attentive without being overbearing. When we first were seated, he casually asked whether we were there for a special occasion. We mentioned it was our anniversary and didn't think more about it. After we finished with our entrees, a server brought us a creme brulee. We told him is wasn't ours. A minute later, Chad brought the creme brulee back to our table and wished us a happy anniversary. The dessert was complimentary. Very cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this PlaceNeverAgainDined on 8/2/2014We went there last Saturday and had a wonderful experience! My husband and I try minimally try 1 to 2 different places a month. For the past several months we have not had very good luck w service/food BUT this place we will definitely go back and tell everyone to go! I wish restaurants understood you only get one chance and if you suck at either service or food or both there is no reason to go back for another try as there is just way too many other places to go; great places that do it right the first time! Thanks Hubbard Grille YOU are one of those places! Awesome and the manager is awesome too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotSweetsDined on 8/1/2014We had a large party and were seated immediately for our 8 PM reservation in a corner table in the bar area. We had the area to ourselves and were pleased with the menu choices, wine selection and attentive service. All in all it was a lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend Evening DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Can get pricey but sticking with an order of brussel sprouts and sandwiches will make you very satisfied and keep your wallet pretty full!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014The food was very good but a little more pricey than I expected. Still worth the experience.Special Features:
- Fun birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014This was a great spot to celebrate my birthday....food was awesome, Chad, our server was great and atmosphere was really fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Food was excellent and the service and atmosphere was wonderful!Special Features:
- 3 Generations Who All Enjoyed ItDatenightDined on 7/24/2014We went for Restaurant Week in July 2014 and we all 4 had an amazing meal. We all could not stop raving about the meal and the wonderful service we had. We will definitely be going back again to try other meals! The brussel sprouts are a MUST have!Special Features:
- Good not greatOHdinerVIPDined on 7/24/2014Had been there for private event and everything was top notch. A bit disappointed on our return. Had a reservation bit were first offered a high top on the bar behind the check in. Waited 30 minutes for a table in dining room. Service was great and food good but have had better in same neighborhood. Prices are reasonable. Will try again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resturant WeekDaveDined on 7/23/2014We ate outside and the evening was lovely. We had the Price Fix menu during Resturant Week and the food was very good. We asked for the dessert to go and the Chocolate Mousse was kindof dumped in a box but it tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss the Brussels sprouts!BeardiesRuleVIPDined on 7/20/2014Portions are huge here. The small plates aren't small at all... more than enough for an entire meal or to share with 4 people. We enjoyed the calamari appetizer, mussels, huge cheeseburgers and best of all.... the roasted Brussels sprouts drizzled with balsamic glaze. Do not miss these amazing, crispy sprouts. Nothing like your mother used to make you eat!Special Features:
- A great mix!NatalieDined on 7/19/2014We were able to find something delicious for a foodie, a carnivore, and a vegan at Hubbard. Interesting and unique food, but not too far out there for a picky eater. I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantcbhdineDined on 7/18/2014Had a great experience, food and service were both excellent.Special Features:
- Love this place.YummyDDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I frequent the Hubbard when we want good food! We've taken several friends who had never been before and they all love it!Special Features:
- StaycationinCbuslovetoeatDined on 7/11/2014We decided to do a "Staycation" in Columbus. We are always in the Short North area but we never ate at your restaurant. The Hubbard Grill was the hot spot of the evening. The menu was diverse, the drinks were tasty, and most of all, our waiter, Chad, was wonderful!! We loved our experience and would recommend it to our friends. I would only suggest always having a "special" on the menu for a change of pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feast for FoodiesPepeDined on 7/11/2014Our first time at The Hubbard Grille - dined with gourmand friends. All of us were very impressed with the food, but the service needs a little shoring up - better sync between waitstaff and kitchen. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- BebeDined on 7/11/2014It was to noisy for me, the food was good, but not particularly outstanding, service was okay, but there were times when we were looking for our waiter for water, check, etc. I don't feel the need to rush back.Special Features:
- Plates plated wellEatRepeatDined on 7/5/2014I ordered the crispy brussel sprouts and they were perfect. Crispy and plentiful, with a sweet raspberry glaze. They looked beautiful resting on the elongated plate they arrived to our table on. The serving spoon was rectangular and helped set the foodie mood. I would order every time I go. Our server was not attentive. Water glasses were empty and she never delivered any of our food herself. There was no check back regarding how our dishes were until we need a box to take things home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An occasional treat!SaturdayDinerDined on 6/28/2014Saturday night our party of 5 enjoyed a booth seating along the south wall facing the bar. We were greeted quickly, and drinks brought quickly to the table. Service was well-timed. The food was very good; the Hub salad was awesome. I had the seafood special with a Marlin filet and shrimp hash; very tasty! Dessert menu was offered. We never felt rushed to eat and leave. It was pouring rain outside and we waited a bit before departing. The restaurant was well staffed and tables bused quickly to accommodate others waiting for a table. Overall a great experience; entree's were a little pricey, glasses of wine $9, $10, and $13, so for us Hubbard Grille will be an occasional treat to try something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spot indeed!OHBoy614VIPDined on 6/27/2014This is always a great place to go especially when there is an event downtown. It's like a great seat at a parade! Nick was a great server. I want to ask for him when I return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, even better service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014Our server was amazing. The food was really delicious, especially the mussels.Special Features:
- Good foodSarahDined on 6/17/2014We went on Tuesday night to try out the fried chicken, it was quite good. The server was attentive and the food came out quickly. We will most likely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DayEmmaDined on 6/15/2014Father's Day was the first time visiting, and was not disappointed - Food was very good, service was a little slow due to maybe fathers daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening with friendselledot1Dined on 5/31/2014Dinner was delicious. The fried chicken was amazing, although you do get way too many brussel sprouts. The spinach and artichoke dip was just so-so. Overall we had a wonderful dinner with really really good cocktails!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 55 reviews are from the Hubbard Grille reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014The food was excellent! My husband and I both commented that it was one of the best restaurant experiences we have had in a long time and we do eat out a lot and try new places.Special Features:
- AverageAlwayshungryDined on 5/23/2014The food was all right, but not for the price. I asked for a mojito and they didn't have mint leaves to make one. We also asked what the specials were and the waitress responded with "I haven't had the chance to try it."
- Hubbard ExperiencecbusfoodieVIPDined on 5/17/2014The Hubbard Grille atmosphere is always awesome on the weekends. Had a really nice meal with great service on a Friday evening.Special Features:
- Food was great!MeshellmahbelleDined on 5/11/2014The food was amazing- try the brussel sprouts small plate. The only thing I was bummed about was they didn't offer the usual Sunday happy hour specials since it was Mother's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.