Hub Restaurant - New Westminster
344 - 800 Carnarvon St
New Westminster, BC V3M 0G3Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Hub Restaurant - New Westminster
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hubrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 6045440401x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday : 11:00am - midnight
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - midnight
Brunch is served on weekends + holidays from 10am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: Prime Rib Dinner for 2 Sundays + Mondays after 5pm $49.99
$7 appies daily from 3-5pm
A word from Hub Restaurant - New Westminster
West coast comfort food, craft beer from the Pacific Northwest and BC Wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Hub Restaurant - New Westminster - Best Restaurants in New Westminster ›
Hub Restaurant - New Westminster reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (17)great for outdoor dining (16)scenic view (16)neighborhood gem (15)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)Show More
- For dinner friendsSocialiteDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is great for casual dining and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow BrunchteemsumDined on 8/10/2014We arrived shortly after 12 pm. Restaurant was half-full. Server took our order at 12:15 pm. Took almost 45 minutes for a Breakfast Burrito & a Huevos Rancheros. Comes with a fruit skewer with one chunk each of honeydew, cantaloupe & a strawberry + a small cup of roasted potatoes.Special Features:
- Fun OutingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014Great casual meeting place for friends and family, try the beer flights 16 choices ,appy hour 5-7pm. If you would like seating on the patio make reservations on sunny days.Special Features:
- JustificationcobafDined on 7/19/2014Kitchen can be very slow and during busy periods, there are times where service is needed and the staff seems to be talking more than working. Price is high with varying food quality. Better to come before 5pm where the prices are more sensible as the appetizers are discounted. I live right above the restaurant and its hard to justify the cost + food + service qualitySpecial Features:
- Reservation RequestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014I reqested a table on the patio, was a main reason to eat here, however did not get one, was very disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/2/2014Service had the potential to be very good, but half way through the meal she disappeared and we had to start flagging anyone that looked like they might work there to get assistance.
- Always good food, and atmosphereNogamiDined on 7/1/2014Had a very nice evening with excellent food and a relaxed outdoor patio. Only issue was their system crashed, which resulted in a very long wait to pay bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for the neighbourhoodvalrDined on 6/30/2014We ate on the patio which has a view of the Fraser River. The server was very knowledgeable about the beers that were available and also her recommendations for the food were all good. Great meeting spot, we are from New Westminster but our son and daughter-in-law came on skytrain from Vancouver - so this is a very convenient meeting spot. We all ordered a different entree and were all happy with our mealsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/14/2014Had a fabulous birthday dinner here. Ambiance and service wonderful. Food was really great. Had the house wine which was delicious, the Wok Squid to start and then the Sirloin Steak with Mac N Cheese - a great and exciting meal. This was our 3rd time at this great place. Extremely easy to access - on the higher level at New Westminster sky train station. Place was very busy, which made the atmosphere vibrant and energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service - good foodMoruglasDined on 6/8/2014We sat at the table for a long time before having to go up and ask where our server was. The restaurant was almost empty so it wasn't like they were busy. The server who finally served us had the most uncaring attitude. It was as though we were bothering her. The food is pretty good - the poutine was amazing, the steak was perfectly done but the chicken sandwich was tasteless and the crabcakes were too salty. I would go back to give them another chance only because I've been there before haven't had a problem (and LOVE the lobster grilled cheese). My husband (who I was taking there for the first time) said he would NEVER return. So one customer lost due to bad serving staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to write home about.NewwestdinerDined on 6/7/2014Food was ok not very flavourful. Priced as most other chain restaurants. We had appies and few drinks. Service was ok. Felt a bit like we had to keep looking for our server for drink/water refills. Ambience is nice and restaurant has a nice view of Fraser river. Probably will not go again.Special Features:
- New West Needed ThisMiz778Dined on 5/17/2014After trying many places in this neighbourhood for years... This the the first place where they have everything! A much needed "downtown" vibe in the original downtown!Special Features:
- CbabsDined on 5/17/2014Great service with friendly staff and delicious food and good selection of craft beerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, OK foodChazzyGatorDined on 5/16/2014Service was exceptional during recent visit on a busy Friday night. We had two small children with us and the hostess and our server both did a fantastic job making everyone comfortable. Food was pretty good, however the salmon entree I ordered was slightly over cooked. Food & beverage prices were quite reasonable too. Overall I would recommend and I intend to try HUB again in the near future.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I enjoyed myself a great food and atmosphere. Beautiful views of the river and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 8tewsDined on 5/11/2014Mixed thoughts on the food, Salmon, salad, burger was good. Pork was overcooked, steak sandwich was cold. It was a busy late afternoon and the meals came at three spaced out timings so we had to start eating before everyone was served. We will try the restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited over 2 hours for our food!BrunchieDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant wasn't even full, yet it took over 2 hours to receive our meal!? The food was a joke...2 of us ordered prime rib hash. One dish came with no prime rib on it at all... only potatoes in a gooey brown sauce plus 4 slices toast, no fruit. The second dish came with 5 tiny pieces of shredded prime rib chunks, 2 slices of toast, plus fruit. How can 2 of the same order be so inconsistently different?!
- Mothers Dayangie14Dined on 5/11/2014Went there for mothers day brunch and was happy we could make reservations. Our server was great, the food was great and the staff was really friendly. The location is perfect since it is located in the skytrain station and the patio is really nice, will definitley go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot with a viewwpnwDined on 4/30/2014Looking forward to celebrating a birthday on a Wednesday. 50% off house wine and a well written menu. Wine was priced right! Food sounded better in print than it was... Great spot, great view, super ambience but unfortunately our server was lackadaisical to say the least. Even when she did show up at our table she was less than engaged! But, parking was reimbursed and the birthday girl's dessert was comp'd. We aren't going to rush back but I do hope HUB is around to stay in New West!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VanessaStarDined on 4/29/2014very convenient location at New West. Food came really fast as we told them we are running for a movie.Special Features:
- Slow kitchen, poor servicegottabekdDined on 4/27/2014Went here with family, sine we were 6 I made reservations. While we were seated quickly and served to the best of our waitress's ability, the kitchen was extremely slow and no attempt was made to make up for it. Even though the manager came by and said he knew our wait was long, he didn't do anything to make up for it - or even apologize! Too bad, the food is good and the beer selection is great, but not caring that it took 2 hrs to get 2 appies and 6 entrees? Unacceptable. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- The following 14 reviews are from the Hub Restaurant - New Westminster reviews archive.
- Menu was interesting. CalamariSouthFraserDined on 4/11/2014Menu was interesting. Calamari appetizer was tender and nicely spiced. Tomato sauce on the pizza had a lot of sugar in it, which clashed badly with the smoked salmon on top. Beer pours were small but prices weren't. Very loud. Expensive.Special Features:
- Ordered the crab grilled cheeseSweetsuccessDined on 4/11/2014Ordered the crab grilled cheese with yam fries and also "crack" burger: absolute delight. Great atmosphere, food and service ! Will definitely return more than once!Special Features:
- Good but not great.Walker59Dined on 4/11/2014The food was good although the house salad was lacking, it was only lettuce and a few extremely thin pieces of radish, which made the salad virtually tasteless. For the price of the meal, the salad should have been much more hardy, with tomatoes and real radishes, not just slivers, and maybe some cucumbers and carrots. I'm a big salad lover, but the salad just didn't rate with me. Just because it's a "side" salad, doesn't mean it doesn't warrant some veggies in - veggies are dirt cheap!!!!!! However, the meal itself (Mac & Cheese) was delicious and the service was good. However, I'm tired of paying $9.00+ for a drink; doubles are all they had on their menu, all I want is a single. That's a no-no to me. Not everyone wants to get hammered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service, but priceyEdmondsAreaDined on 3/23/2014The food was good, though small portions made the ~$19 price of an entree seem steep.Special Features:
- Good selection of beer andSighthoundsDined on 3/15/2014Good selection of beer and a reasonably priced menu for the type of establishment. While there was a fairly high noise level interestingly it didn't interfere with our ability to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Love this place!MoruglasDined on 3/5/2014You'd never expect to find this treasure in the Skytrain station! The atmosphere is cozy and the food is great. Great burgers and sandwiches. There's a nice bar with big TVs but it doesn't feel ilke a sports bar. My new favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pathetic Actually a waste of timePython469VIPDined on 2/28/2014They are obviously looking for the winners from the casino because they are over priced and the service from both the waitress and kitchen has much to be desired. They also have two different menus that we were not aware of before deciding what we wanted on the limited version. The couple sitting near us ordered something that wasn't on our menu is how we found out there was a different one. When we questioned why she told us it was a night where a show was going on but the restaurant was almost empty. The salad was made with whole leaf and not sure why. The steak and chicken dishes came to the table quite some time later and were told that they were going to make the sauces that were to come with the meal soon...
- NoiseWinnerDined on 2/21/2014The food and service was very good! The only down thing would be it Is very noisy with high ceilings. It made it very hard to carry on a conversation With a group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/19/2014Food, vibe, price was all excellent. The service was terrible. Waiter was slow, drinks were empty for 15 minutes. Ice cream was served with no spoons and had partially melted by the time we got his attention. I would go back but avoid the same server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic addition to New West!karligazDined on 2/9/2014Had an awesome time at this place.. food was great, service was excellent and the menu has great selection! Fun drink list too - lots of old classics. Try the Gin Caesar! All the food we had was great - wok squid, lobster wings, prime rib, burger & steak. Everything was cooked perfectly and served hot. Our waitress made the evening that much more memorable as she understood our sarcastic sense of humour and joined in on the conversation when she checked in on us. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014The food menu is overpriced and the food is mediocre at best. At least what we had. The chicken club and sushi burger. Three of us were at the table and had to yell at each other in order to hear any conversation. They do have a decent beer menu, and very good serviceSpecial Features:
- The server was awkward andTamwow123Dined on 2/8/2014The server was awkward and the service remained poor Throughout our meal. Due to an allergy My friend asked the server the ingredients in the house salad, to which the server was unaware. The salad came with something added, when we questioned what the ingredient was we were told 'I don't know, some kind of nut' Our appy came out a whole 60 seconds before our meal, and a round of drinks took 20mins We all found our food tasty. The location is ideal & the view is very nice. Will probably try it again for brunch.Special Features:
- Food overpriced for what itGiddyupngo2Dined on 2/8/2014Food overpriced for what it was ($15 for a burger) and not enough to choose from Noise level was way too loud, night club decibel level, could not converse with our fellow diners at the same table Staff was friendly, after more experience will be greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Relaxed VibeDelilahDined on 2/7/2014Went on a Friday night...make sure to make reservations...can be a bit of a wait. We had the Lobster Wings and Beef Carpaccio for a starter. Both were good, but it took an extra 5-10 mins to get the butter that is supposed to come with the lobster. Also, they could give a few more crustinis with the beef...3 isn't enough compared to the amount of beef they serve. My boyfriend had the Crack Burger, was very tasty and the beef tasted fresh. I had the Crab Grilled Cheese...also very good. Perfect amount of crab and cheese. Only issue we had was the fact they seemed to forget to put the condiments with the meals...always had to ask for them. I am guessing with every new restaurant there is going to be a few kinks to work out.Special Features: