HUB Restaurant & Ice Creamery
266 E. Congress St.
Tucson, AZ 85701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
HUB Restaurant & Ice Creamery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hubdowntown.com/
- Phone: 5202078201x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturdays and Sundays: 10am-4pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - Midnight
Late Night Friday & Saturdays: Open for drinks from Midnight until 1 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Ismael Rascon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We love doing catering please ask a manager anytime.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private curtained area that can hold up to 10 people for celebrations, parties and meetings. For private parties larger than 10 please contact Randi Goldenberg at email@example.com to inquire about our private rooftop seating!
A word from HUB Restaurant & Ice Creamery
Hub offers American Classic Cuisine in a historic modern space in downtown Tucson. We feature meats, ice cream and beer. We are super kid-friendly and have something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
HUB Restaurant & Ice Creamery - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
HUB Restaurant & Ice Creamery reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (8)special occasion (8)good for groups (7)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Disillusioned...SouredOnTheHubDined on 8/2/2014I've been to The Hub many times before my most recent visit with my husband to celebrate his birthday on Saturday, August 2. Those previous visits are the reason I chose The Hub for our special celebration. Sadly, my ribeye was not medium, as I had requested, it was under seasoned, and the cut seemed of poor quality. My husband's fish and chips was also underwhelming. The tempura batter was rubberband-y in nature rather than crispy and light (as tempura should be). Even our hummus starter was sad and average at best. At least my cocktail (The Presidio) and the fries were good. Poor/mediocre food along with the service (dude seemed slightly annoyed at having to wait on us), and I'm not quite sure our next visit will be if ever. :(Special Features:
- Great for a nice family meal!CZTARDined on 6/15/2014Food is great and kids love the ice cream. Chicken pot pie tastes like its homemade. Quality food, great environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place and Great ServiceTucsonfoodieDined on 6/7/2014We had a great experience at The Hub for a birthday lunch. The food was excellent, but the service was even better. Our waitress went out of her way to make sure we were well taken care of. The ice cream tasting was fun and tasty. I look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Date NightInterconnectedAZDined on 5/31/2014Our first night out in years and Im glad I chose The Hub. We were seated immediately in a very comfortable area near the front door. Our server gets 5 gold stars for patience and superb timing. The music was a little too loud but the "din" overall was acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great decor, but bland foodMy2CentsDined on 5/22/2014I've been to Hub about 6 times now and always have had good service and the decor is great, but other than the mac and cheese, the food is quite bland. Both my husband and I had salads this time and felt the overall flavor was more suitable for a cafeteria in an elderly housing community.Special Features:
- The HubtucsondinerIIDined on 5/11/2014Great Ice Cream, average meal food, and service was noticeably slow. Noise level can get loud during busy times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Show SpotKangaDined on 5/7/2014Just a few steps from the Rialto this is a great spot to have dinner and a drink before the show. The servers were very attentive and gave great advice on menu items. We will definitely go back for Happy Hour now that we know about this spot. Oh- and the ice cream! Make sure you save some room for ice cream tasting!Special Features:
- The following 134 reviews are from the HUB Restaurant & Ice Creamery reviews archive.
- Expectations Exceeded As ExpectednoregretsDined on 4/28/2014For the past two years I have been a frequent visitor to the Hub. On this particular visit I brought two couples who winter annually in Tucson and had never been to the Hub for lunch. Both couples overwhelming expressed positive comments about the food and overall experience. They are looking forward to going again and bringing others. I have never hesitated to bring or recommend others to the Hub based upon the friendliness, service and quality of food which are trademarks for the Hub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dinner ReviewDimblesDined on 4/26/2014It would be nice if HUB would take reservations between 4:30 and 9 PM but it si their choice. They probably lose some business as a result. The food was very good but the waiter took one plate away to wrap for left overs and it never came back. Whoops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good Food and ServiceGourmetGhettoGoerVIPDined on 4/18/2014I hadn't dined at Hub in a while, but I recently had another delicious lunch. I highly recommend the pulled BBQ rib sandwich, which was the special that day. I would recommend that it be added as a regular item on the menu, as it is quite tender and tasty. Our waitperson was very attentive and friendly. Hub continues to offer an eclectic beer-on-tap rotation. Last but not least, the homemade ice cream continues to be one of the restaurant's biggest draws. Keep up the good work, Hub!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is awesome!MarkDined on 4/14/2014I don't know what is better, the service or the food. Either way, they are both outstanding! Do yourself a favor and make a point of dining here if you haven't already. If you have, you know exactly what I mean. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great vegan entree!GMB1970Dined on 4/6/2014Really delicious salad and vegan entrée, but it would be nice if they had more healthy food options and less fried stuff. Not really a vegetarian friendly restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stop here when u r in tucson!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2014We love the food here and always stay for the ice cream. This visit was sea salt Carmel and rice crispie treat !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines daygeohammDined on 2/14/2014We made reservations for early afternoon 4:15 only one available. arrived on time the place was empty. We knew what we wanted by checking the menu online beforehand. Food was great dessert terrific ( Bourbon almond brittle ice cream ). Happy hour is in the bar only, not in dinning room. Waitstaff is not afraid to tell the customer no, kinda irritating. Otherwise, excellent meal, and of course the dinner company made it all worth while.Special Features:
- Yummysrcorb22Dined on 1/26/2014HUB was great. Super comfort food. Large portions. Very good choices. Easy and free parking. Fun vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okDarthjayDined on 1/25/2014Macaroni and cheese with bacon was great as we're the cheesy tots. It was kind of loud and uncomfortable being seated by the walk through ice cream line which was busy. The waitress seemed to forget about us for a while which was annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attended from 4:30 to 6:00pm.BlackhawkBackerDined on 1/8/2014Attended from 4:30 to 6:00pm. Bartender knew his beers and quickly served us. Great HH prices. Table was already available and waiter was quick to bring water & take drink orders. Fast service and quick delivery of food entrees. Mac-n-Chz w/ Bacon was awesome. Chz curds were the best had outside of Wisconsin but on the high side @ $9. Will definitely go back again and save room for the ice cream!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sometimes Change Isn't NecessaryFoodDivaDined on 12/19/2013Unfortuantely my favorite dish- the Thai Chicken salad went through an overhaul that doesn't come close to the original. I guess the newest trend is to keep changing up a menu, whether it was perfectly good as it was or not. Prices went up as well- and they say there is no inflation. The Hub is a great restaurant, and I've had other menu items are equally good, but might be a while before I return.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013Meaning to go here for sometime so thought it was a good place to meet friends for lunch. Waiter was attentive without being overbearing. Food was excellent. The small salad was just the right size for lunch. And of course, the ice cream was to die for! Will definitely come back again. Want to try the crab cakes next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey Ambiance without Service-OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013Waitress had 0 people skills & no hospitality. Seemed like she was "put out" and "inconvenianced" when we asked for set ups - not all of us had them. Either not versed on the menu or not willing to engage with the guest. Spent quite a bit on a party of 6. This was my 4th & last visit. Management needs to ensure quality service as much as they do the food they do. Mixed reviews on the food. Salmon good,didnt like pork sandwhich & the macncheese Isn't what it was before,
- Luch out!NicoleDined on 11/27/2013Had lunch with my parents while in town. Dad loves microbreweries, mom loves a nice made sandwich and I wanted a real salad (not just leaves with crutons) so I picked The Hub; which they had never been to. Everything was great; especially the appetizer. The cheese curds were fabulous, but they have always been my favorite ... not greasy or oily like midwest ones, rather very lightly battered and flavorful. We all got beer and different types and they were all good. Of corse, the ice cream was a great way to finish off our meal. We had a great lunch out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with the ladiesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2013Five other ladies and I celebrated my birthday at the Hub, and everyone of them enjoyed the experience. A few had not been there and wanted to take their husbands back to it , either for lunch or dinner. They all had salads , which everyone loved them. I had the cheeseburger and it was perfect, not to mention I had to share my tater tots as those were a big hit. We all saved room for dessert and had some ice cream, all different flavors and each one liked them ALL.Special Features:
- Undercooked vegBussiDined on 10/20/2013,Pot roast had a good taste and tender meat but the brussel sprouts were raw,it took 10 minutes to get wine and bread after we sat down.Despite this we will try again.
- Fried Cheese Curds!RoadWarriorAZVIPDined on 10/13/2013Really, the "glory curds" made the whole meal. I think they're still trying to figure out brunch, because they were a little slow starting. The brunch menu is not very extensive, but the fact that there are fried cheese curds and they are GOOD made up for everything else. Servings are generous, so be prepared to bring home leftovers or share with a group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of town family visitninjakittyDined on 10/8/2013I brought my out of town family here for lunch and they were blown away. Food was great! Our server, who was the daytime bartender, was outstanding, very warm and welcoming. From the ambiance to the food, my relatives start to their Tucson visit started out great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationfamilydiningDined on 8/10/2013The food service was excellent but for having a reservation we were not given a great table. We were a party of 4 and were sat at a table that used the bench that rounded into the bar area for one of our party. It was uncomfortable not to have a back to the seating area and there were other tables and booths available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greasy sandwichdickieDined on 7/3/2013Sorry, but the Reuben sandwich was too greasy and the pastrami had too much fat. Fries and service were very good. The ambiance was not that great, probably because I would prefer brighter colors. If you wanted the HUB to look like old downtown, then mission accomplished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diverse menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2013The menu was diverse enough to feed a 8 year old boy and a teenager with new braces and keep them both smiling (the ice cream finish also helped :-) ) as well as parents and grandparents!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2013They were very accommodating when I made a large reservation, and also was happy to add additional seats to my party. The food was great and the server was friendly and attentive. The only issue we had was splitting the check. We let the server know up-front we would need separate checks. She told us, for parties larger than 8, they generally don't split the check. However, as long as we were a little patient at the end, and since there were couples/groups and not 13 separate checks, she would split the bill for us. She was very nice about it, but it made me wonder why the restaurant lists itself as "Good for groups."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- comfort foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/25/2013If you are looking for comfort food, this is the place...a little bit of everything. No one should leave without ice cream..the choices change and there are always some interesting flavors to try!Special Features:
- HUB's GreatplovelisDined on 6/7/2013The Hub is always a pleasure to go to. Never once experienced bad food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and great food! We metHoneyDined on 6/3/2013Fun and great food! We met old friends there for lunch. They loved it, too! Soups are outstanding!, but the ice cream is over the top delicious! We will bring our out of town families there this summer! HoneySpecial Features:
- The Hub is a Tucson Must!PAB23Dined on 5/28/2013This place gives you good food, amazing ice cream, and exceptional service all while you enjoy the modern industrial and artistic environment.The glory curds are AMAZING, especially with the Hub's special dipping sauce. It's got its own private parking lot which makes this place a great choice for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Ice CreamKe7vinDined on 5/19/2013Food was fine, great steak and linguine, but the ice cream was the most memorable.Special Features:
- Always a WinnerFoodDivaDined on 5/15/2013The HUB always provides great food and a wonderful atmosphere. The renovation when they took over the space is perfect. Haven't made it for dinner but I'm sure it's outsanding for that as well. When the weather is nicer, the patio should be great as it's sunken level screens the adjacent parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatdcvisitorDined on 5/4/2013The Hub has been downtown for a little bit now, and I have to say the entire experience is always great. The food is always prepared with great care, and the servers are always willing to fulfill whatever special request you may have. Never a bad moment at the Hub.Special Features:
- Second visit and not disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2013Second visit and not disappointed at all. Great selections on menu. Accomodates vegans. Healthy fresh ingredients. Nice wine and bar selections. Service was friendly and prompt. Took early midweek dinner so not noisy. Would definitely return. Oh, at last but not least the ice cream is to die for!! Only con: the restaurant is had to get to and finding parking is a problem.Special Features:
- love menu, food & setting.azdinerVIPDined on 4/16/2013love menu, food & setting. Only criticism-a bit too quick to remove plates. It is busy & they want to get in as many seatings as possible. When several diners are together and one finishes, waiters rush to remove the setting. One of our guests- said "No" even though she was done because she did not want to feel rushed. Another was waiting to help her husband out and was irritated. The next week another guest also found it annoying & remarked it is her one criticism of the place. It is obviously the consistent approach of the restaurant and just relaxing and waiting for all or most diners to finish before clearing would make it an even better experience.
- Downtown gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/13/2013My whole family loves the place - from the fun décor and extensive bar, to the ice cream and cheesy tater tots. The food is always great. If we are in downtown Tucson, we always stop for a beer and snack - or full lunch. We have not been there in the evening, so I don't know if it has the same "family friendly" vibe. The ice cream list is amazing! It's a great place to visit at the end of any of our downtown outings.Special Features:
- love this restaurant- alive,azdinerVIPDined on 4/6/2013love this restaurant- alive, vibrant and a great menu at affordable pricesSpecial Features: