51 W. Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://hub51chicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 828-0051
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday 11:00 am - Midnight. Thursday - Friday 11:00 am - 2am.
Saturday 10am - 3am.
Sunday 10am - 10 pm.
Delivery for brunch, lunch and dinner available via Grubhub. Visit www.grubhub.com/chicago/hub-51.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Bellovich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: In honor of Fat Tuesday and all things delicious, HUB 51 is encouraging all to get their eat – and their drink on. To experience a bit of The Big Easy in Chicago, head to the River North mainstay and order up a round of HUB Hurricanes for just $8 a pop. Of course if you’re going to have a few cocktails, food is a must, so be sure to order up some signature staples including sushi, salads, tacos and more.
A word from HUB 51
HUB 51 is the River North creation from R.J. and Jerrod Melman, the younger generation of the Lettuce Entertain You organization. HUB 51 is a convergence of entertainment, nightlife, dining and social activity-much like the offbeat creations of LEYE were years ago. Striving to be at the heart of Chicago's social and dining scene, the attitude at HUB 51 is to expect the unexpected, a place offering unconventional perks, and outstanding food, drink and service in a spacious urban setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
HUB 51 reviews from OpenTable diners
423 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (235)hot spot (198)vibrant bar scene (186)fit for foodies (131)great for lunch (129)neighborhood gem (94)late-night find (91)great for brunch (74)special occasion (74)great for outdoor dining (66)romantic (37)kid-friendly (25)notable wine list (20)scenic view (8)Show More
- Worth a TryKbc1225Dined on 11/15/2014We had great service and the place had a very energetic feel. Not meant for a romantic night out, but I was there with group of girlfriends and we had a great time. Food was good, but drinks were great! I'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicagogirlVIPDined on 11/15/2014I thougth that the service was good. Our food was delicious. This si one of my favorite restuarants in the city!Special Features:
- Standard Go-to for Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2014I can always count on Hub 51 for a great place to catch up with friends after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuKathleenBDined on 11/11/2014Hub51 is a go-to spot for business lunches - there is enough variety on the menu that everyone finds something they want to try, food is good and service is usually excellent.Special Features:
- Awesome food, great serviceafialaDined on 11/10/2014I was recommended by a friend, and this place did not disappoint. The food was delicious, and the service was awesome. The rolls were great, steak & brussel salad was a delight. The desserts were the perfect ending to our meal. Definitely coming back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good location, ok foodKBSMDined on 11/9/2014This is a good location, with OK food. I would go to the bar for drinks rather than go to dinner. There are a lot of other places in River North with better / more original options.Special Features:
- fun place but nothing speciallntyrrellVIPDined on 11/9/2014Hub 51 was ok for brunch. bloody marys were good. omelet was ok. blt like sandwich was not very good.- a lot of bread, 2 slices of bacon and a mound of diced raw onion and tomato. Lemon crepes were amazing.
- RockyDined on 11/8/2014Good food and fun to eat with small and large groups if family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/8/2014I really like this place. The menu is good with (mostly) reasonable prices. Sushi is half price from 3-6 and 11-close every day. I love the ambiance. It's a great place to bring a group of friends or have a romantic meal.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Delicious stop for a great brunch! The Bloody Mary's and mimosas were on point, and the breakfast nachos were amazing! The guac was the best part!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014Cute place with uneven food and we had a poor table with a grumpy waiterSpecial Features:
- We loved it!SkipDined on 11/7/2014My fiance and I found Hub 51 and decided to go here for an early dinner during a day trip to Chicago. She has celiac disease and requires a gluten-free diet, so we were drawn to the place because they offered gluten-free sushi rolls, which can be hard to find. Not only that, sushi is half-off from 3-6 PM. We loved Hub 51! Our sushi was delicious, and both of our servers (there was a shift change halfway through our meal) were friendly and attentive without being over-bearing. The restaurant has a cool, modern ambience. We were so thrilled when they provided complimentary dessert because it was our first-ever visit to the restaurant... house-made carrot cake for me and a gluten-free butterscotch/salted caramel pudding for her!Special Features:
- A Hot Spot!BillyDined on 11/6/2014Great food accompanied by excellent service! Very comfortable atmosphere!Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/6/2014I'm from Louisiana and was in the city on business. I took a client to lunch here, and we were very impressed! The food was wonderful, the atmosphere was enjoyable, and most of all the service was top notch. The manager topped off our lunch by bringing us a slice of carrot cake as we mentioned that it was our first time dining there. I will certainly be back next time I am in the city. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemGreatVIPDined on 11/2/2014Imaginative menu. Closely pack tables, high noise and activity level. Experienced servers. Good brunch offerings. Good launching place for doing anything downtown.Special Features:
- gave our table awayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Reservations failed to mention THE ENTIRE party had to present in order to sit. Made reservations for a large group of out-of-towners, 2 girls were running late so they gave our table away.... didn't think that was handled very well. However, once we were seated our server was great. Very prompt, brought checks soon after we ordered as we had a post-dinner reservation. Overall, I would recommend Hub51 and have enjoyed dinner and Sub51 on several occasions!Special Features:
- Hub 51OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Good food, large menu with lots of options. Trendy bar food. Can get pitchers of drinks... a good deal for a groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hub 51MrsSappy1Dined on 10/30/2014My husband and I had a great dinner. I had pulled pork tacos with corn tortillas made fresh there. Husband had a marinated pork roast. Our server was great at helping me pick out a local beer. Really enjoyed the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic LunchNancyVIPDined on 10/30/2014We went for lunch. The service, food & drinks were great! We both had the knife & fork BLT which is delicious. The drinks were good too especially the Hub Punch. The restaurant was packed but the service for lunch was quick & attentive. We will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Came to Dinner here for the first time for special event- birthday. It was fantastic! Service was great, food was delectable, wine was superb, and it was a very lively/energetic place. I would highly recommend this spot to anyone. The fries were to die for!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014The food was well priced in comparison to other restaurants in the area; however it was nothing special. You could definitely get better tasting food at restaurants right around the corner. Service was extremely slow and lacked attention. It took almost 20 minutes to order our drinks and then they sat empty for another 15 minutes. My table would've ordered another round and possibly dessert if empty drinks and empty plates didn't sit for so long. I've heard the brunch is very delicious and might give that another try.Special Features:
- Brussels sprouts salad is greatElizabethDined on 10/27/2014I love the Brussels sprouts salad, and ask to add a salmon filet. It's a really great lunch! The ahi tuna poke is also really delicious and freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony was AMAZING!!!rbeech19Dined on 10/25/2014Food is always great, ambience perfect and service impeccable!!!Special Features:
- AWESOMEgrossbardDined on 10/25/2014This place was just fantastic. The food was reasonably price. We had the Hub Punch which was great. And the food was absolutely delicious. Enjoyed every moment of our experience at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Good for groups. Fancy enough for our bachelorette party but not overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hub 51 before a showBHOLTDined on 10/24/2014Went to Hub 51 on a Friday night. It was very busy but fun. Also tried the tuna & basil sushi appetizer - everyone loved it! Server was attentive but forgot a request by one in our party. Not a big deal however. I had the mahi-mahi fish tacos which were very good. I would recommend this restaurant and will very likely go back.Special Features:
- Great time!StephDined on 10/23/2014The spicy sushi was amazing! We also had the filet which was delicious. The only downfall is it's very cramped in there so walking around gets hard and you feel you're at the same table as the guest next to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Happy Hour!erinkeDined on 10/23/2014I reserved a table without ever visiting on a friends recommendation and am very thankful I did! This was a great place for us to meet, chat and enjoy some lovely apps and drinks! It was a very fun bar with great service and a fun ambiance. I would definitely recommend it to others!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BridgetDined on 10/20/2014Somewhat expensive for American food but still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceprincessDined on 10/19/2014The Service was absolutely awful. The plates sat on the table for 45 minutes between appetizers and dinner. Tgen after dinner the server walked around abput 10 times by our table and never collected the dinner plates. He never asked us if we wanted another cocktail. We were there for a birthday. My friend called earlier in the day to ask if they do anything the hostess said I will mark it down . She never made the server aware it was a special occasion. The over all experience was not great. He did not want to be bothered with us at all. For a lettuce Entertainment restaurant it is truly unexpected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014This place was great , reservation for 9 pm got there at 9:01 and was seated 9:02. Good atmosphere and wine and food was delicious! Kind of loud but that was good cuz we were loud too. Went downstairs after dinner to sub51 , good string drinks and fun dancing .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!Eatagain1566Dined on 10/18/2014I went here for my 21st birthday and I also took my boyfriend here for our anniversary and we lovedotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the carrot cake!!altinnDined on 10/18/2014My friends and I were in the city for the weekend and it was everyone's first time in Chicago. Made reservations at HUB51 and it was the best decision we could have ever made! Not only was our food perfect, the service and the energy of the restaurant were above and beyond! I couldn't speak higher of this place!! I'm back home in Cleveland, OH now and I'm missing the carrot cake already! It is perfection!Special Features:
- Always good foodJoanDined on 10/18/2014Sushi 1/2 price before 6 p.m. is a great way to begin the evening! Service was wonderful, our simple selections - grilled tuna and veggie burgers were very good! We've eaten at HUB51 before and are always happy with our choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Good overall atmosphere and the food and service were both great! The only recommendation that I have for the restaurant would be to increase the training provided for the host. Having made an early reservation at 5, my boyfriend and I had hoped to beat the crowd and enjoy a quiet dinner alone before the show we were attending. When we arrived, we were seated next to the only other table in the room. Instead of a nice, romantic evening, it was awkward and uncomfortable. The point is, spread it out a little but. Seating tables right next to each other in an empty restaurant feels a lot closer than is appreciated. This is common sense in the restaurant industry and management should be relaying that message to the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!fuudcritiqueDined on 10/17/2014Always love coming here! Consistently great food and they always pour a great drink. The ambience is perfect for city goers and the lighting is perfect. Just a cool spot to hang out with friends or take a sweetheart.Special Features:
- VibrantnbreimanDined on 10/16/2014Great service! Our waitress was amazing. As first time dinners we got to sample the house specialty desert, carrot cake. It was fantastic!! No disappointments.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food was really good and my group had a great time. The service was overwhelmed as the crowd from the marathon was not anticipated. Eventually all was taken care of but one person from our group didn't get her meal until we had all finished oursSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!FoodandwineloverDined on 10/12/2014This place was recommended to is by a local. It did not disappoint. From the time we walked in to the restaurant til the time we left, our experience at Hub 51 was excellent. The atmosphere was awesome but the food was the best part. The menu has such a wide variety if choices, from fresh sushi to the best turkey burger I've ever had in my life! The prices were beyond reasonable. I would go back again & again if I lived in Chicago. This place is worth a visit and deserves and all around A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great FoodLucy8438VIPDined on 10/12/2014This place is always good! Surprisingly their sushi is some of the best in the city! Service is always great and hostesses always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.