51 W. Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://hub51chicago.com/
- Phone: 3128280051x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday 11:00 am - Midnight. Thursday - Friday 11:00 am - 2am.
Saturday 10am - 3am.
Sunday 10am - 10 pm.
Delivery for brunch, lunch and dinner available via Grubhub. Visit www.grubhub.com/chicago/hub-51.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Bellovich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: In honor of Fat Tuesday and all things delicious, HUB 51 is encouraging all to get their eat – and their drink on. To experience a bit of The Big Easy in Chicago, head to the River North mainstay and order up a round of HUB Hurricanes for just $8 a pop. Of course if you’re going to have a few cocktails, food is a must, so be sure to order up some signature staples including sushi, salads, tacos and more.
A word from HUB 51
HUB 51 is the River North creation from R.J. and Jerrod Melman, the younger generation of the Lettuce Entertain You organization. HUB 51 is a convergence of entertainment, nightlife, dining and social activity-much like the offbeat creations of LEYE were years ago. Striving to be at the heart of Chicago's social and dining scene, the attitude at HUB 51 is to expect the unexpected, a place offering unconventional perks, and outstanding food, drink and service in a spacious urban setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
HUB 51 reviews from OpenTable diners
488 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (262)hot spot (219)vibrant bar scene (206)great for lunch (170)fit for foodies (147)neighborhood gem (119)great for brunch (114)great for outdoor dining (112)late-night find (112)special occasion (96)kid-friendly (41)romantic (40)notable wine list (26)scenic view (19)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Overall I was satisfied with HUB51 my friends, & I traveled from IN, to celebrated a BDay' I did have a gift certificate, that could only be used at certain restaurants. We decided to go with HUB51, because the lower level has a lounge area, after dinning we could continue celebrating with music and dancing but unfortunately we were disappointed at the door of SUB51, being told that we had to purchase a table that would cost $600 the minimum of the bottle service. We spoke to a manager, who was more than happy to get us entry at another local lounge. Thanks, but no-thanks!! Thanks HUB51, for making us feel comfortable like real human beings, & big Thanks to SUB51, for making us feel like lower class!! But wait!! Aren't you one in the same??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago FaveSheila0824VIPDined on 9/20/2014We love Hub 51 and visit whenever we can. The servers are personable, helpful and efficient! The food is delicious and inventive. Love the Sushi, Tacos, and dessert is amazing! Will be back! Happy Hour half priced sushi is a great option everyday!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014one of my favorite places to eat at downtown. great location in river north, service is great, food is great. i would recommend the sushi, turkey chili and cornbread, nachos, and shrimp cevicheSpecial Features:
- ReliableBigBobDined on 9/17/2014The food quality and friendly service is reliably good. Never had a bad dish or server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and funMameVIPDined on 9/16/2014Will return. Loved the early specials. Enjoyed such I specials. Very accommodating when asked for a table in certain area. Whole meal was very good. This will be a regular favSpecial Features:
- BBQ over SushiAYo88Dined on 9/14/2014The BBQ tacos were out of this world! The spicy sushi wasn't as spicy as I would have liked, but the place was overall a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Awesome, fair priced food that will leave anyone satisfied. Huge menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern grazingKrisDined on 9/14/2014It was an interesting concept with the shared dishes to mix and match. The food was excellent. If anything was to be criticized it was the quantity. The waitress thought that a salad, a sushi roll and two warm dishes would be just right for the two of us We ended up having both lunch and dinner the following day from the leftovers (with a little addition for variety)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love loveAngelicagrace23Dined on 9/13/2014I love this place! Every time I come food and service are great.Special Features:
- Very good food and great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I went here for a small bachlorette party and we had a lot of fun! Their pitchers of drinks was perfect to split between the 5 of us and the food was great!Special Features:
- Enjoyed every moment!MJOLNDined on 9/13/2014The ambiance was impeccable, service phenomenal! Food was terrific, clean and welcoming space. Definitely a must see!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not organizedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014All in all... The place is hip and vibrant.... I had a reservation at 730pm but was not seated till 830....I was on time but they just ignored the fact that we had a reservation... So unorganized.... Plan to wait to get your table regardless if you have a reservation or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent quality and quantityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014The nachos appetizer was excellent as advertised and large enough for a group of several people. The sirloin tacos are also outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cute Night OutDelCarmenVIPDined on 9/6/2014HUB51 is always a good time. The environment is definitely trendy and festive. The service is friendly and helpful. I strongly recommend for a fun night out on the town.Special Features:
- Hot Spot in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014I read mixed reviews about this place, mostly people said they were disappointed with the quality of the food. We had a sushi roll to start with, then I had a salad and my husband had the fish tacos, which consisted of a full piece of fish that he could use to make his own tacos. Everything was delicious. Also highly recommend their HUB punch, a mix of tequila and vodka and juice. Yummy. This is spot for bachelorette parties, apparently. We counted 5 separate parties in the restaurant, and many more walking by while we were eating. We also went to SUB 51, the club in the basement of the restaurant. It was really crowded there and they do either bottle service or a bar minimum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great weekend dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014This was a great restaurant to spend a Friday night. It had a busy bar, nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & Service!jenniferVIPDined on 9/6/2014Always enjoy my experience at Hub - whether I'm with a large group or just 2 people - the service is outstanding and food is delicious!Special Features:
- Hub 51kkingmanDined on 9/5/2014The overall experience was excellent. The only downfall was the hostess's attitude. Unfriendly and grouchy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicagodinerDined on 9/5/2014Everything is good - tacos, chopped Asian chicken salad (double yum) and of course, you just can't beat the carrot cake!!Special Features:
- This is a family favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014We love coming here for our "family date nights" with our 12 year old daughter because there is something on the menu for us all to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedChicagoboundDined on 9/3/2014My cousin ate here a couple of months prior and raved on fish tacos. Food was good but nats/fruit flies made it difficult to enjoy food and drinks. Fruit flies ended up in my wine so I didn't eve finish a glass.
- Love the food and staff!mjfiveoDined on 9/1/2014The staff is very good at interacting with patrons, makes the experience better than anywhere!Special Features:
- Enjoy the variety in th menu.MariDined on 8/30/2014Not just serving specific food type. They have something for everyone. The drink selection is great. Happy hour specials was a great surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was pretty goodJaxGatorVIPDined on 8/30/2014I had initially spotted Hub 51 as a potential dinner spot for our group, but noticed it was available for brunch our first morning there. The bacon was the best we'd had in our entire lives and the rest of the menu items were pretty standard. Server was great.Special Features:
- Guests said it was a great pick!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014My friends and I enjoyed the ambiance, service, and food. We noted that it wasn't very diverse as of crowd but that's not too uncommon for River North neighborhood. But still a great find and all my guests enjoyed themselves.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Service and burger was amazing! Other food items such as the fries and drinks were just okay.Special Features:
- Good atmosphere Ok food, Good BeerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Probably a place better if you are looking for appetizers to share and grab a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good news, bad newsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014Went into the city for business and met my kids at Hub 51. It was a week night, so it wasn't a packed house. We sat at a table in the bar which was a bit noisy, but not an issue for us. We waited no less than five minutes before my daughter walked up to the reception desk and asked them to please send our server to the table. Aside from taking our order, she did next to nothing. Needless to say, her tip was a reflection of her lack of attention and service. We dine out often, and honestly if the food wasn't great, I wouldn't consider giving this restaurant another chance.Special Features:
- MM1231Dined on 8/26/2014Server was very good and the food was exceelent a little noisy and the table was a little small as it was a businees presentation over lunch. But other than that it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the ambiance and food!BariDined on 8/25/2014The restaurant is sleek, modern, and cool, and the food was presented well and tasted great. Eclectic menu that I wouldn't have expected - combination of Mexican, American, and Mediterranean - but they did it well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Food was good, courteous and engaging server! The ambiance was lively and energetic; great place to have brunch, lunch or dinner with a group setting.Special Features:
- Great service and foodDine52VIPDined on 8/25/2014Hub 51 never disappoints!! Very consistent! The sushi was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Hub!!JkabelsDined on 8/24/2014Great food, well thought out drink program, and lively hip atmosphere. The next gen Melmans are killing it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Louder than loudearplugsrequiredDined on 8/23/2014This has to be the noisiest restaurant I have ever been to. The food was excellent however I couldn't wait to leave due to the noise.Special Features:
- Divine french toastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014If you have a sweet tooth the caramel apple french toast will not disappoint. It is savory and filling...the perfect brunch treat!Special Features:
- Good dinnerMags2222Dined on 8/20/2014I had been to HUB51 for a private event. I talked it up to my husband and honestly was a little disappointed. The bar: Two bartenders, but one was so deep in conversation, that it was really only one bartender. The food was quite good, but not as good as SUB51. Our waitress seemed too busy to give strong service to any table, not just ours. The ambience was louder than expected, but the music was good. Back to the food, we had the Guacamole starter and it was delicious. For dinner, we have the Pork Tacos and the Filet Mignon Steak Tacos - quiet good. Next time I will either request patio seating or a perimeter booth.
- Save room for the carrot cakeRandyOVIPDined on 8/20/2014Upbeat restaurant with good food and good service. The carrot cake is to die forSpecial Features:
- always reliableSuziVIPDined on 8/18/2014We have found that it's a great place to dine after work. Our service was a little challenged this time but most often it is good. Food is reliable and has a good varietySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid dinner spotShawnDined on 8/17/2014Very good sushi. Fresh and well prepared. The tacos, we had the filet mignon, was awesome. Fresh cilantro in the pico de gallo was amazing. We shared some of the plates and they plated the orders split for us. Leave room for the carrot cake. Great to sit in the bar or at a table. Maybe a bit loud but not out of line since we say in the bar. One of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another River North optionTravel2EatVIPDined on 8/17/2014We had dinner here before going to the theater. Very convenient to hotels and theaters. Wait person was very friendly, offered suggestions, and was appropriately attentive. Slipped a bit at the end - didn't clear plates even though he came by and saw they were empty, etc. Overall, he was good. Interesting menu. Lots of options that ranged from small plate size to large sandwiches and entrees. Something for everyone in your group. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.