51 W. Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://hub51chicago.com/
- Phone: 3128280051x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday 11:00 am - Midnight. Thursday - Friday 11:00 am - 2am.
Saturday 10am - 3am.
Sunday 10am - 10 pm.
Delivery for brunch, lunch and dinner available via Grubhub. Visit www.grubhub.com/chicago/hub-51.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Bellovich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: In honor of Fat Tuesday and all things delicious, HUB 51 is encouraging all to get their eat – and their drink on. To experience a bit of The Big Easy in Chicago, head to the River North mainstay and order up a round of HUB Hurricanes for just $8 a pop. Of course if you’re going to have a few cocktails, food is a must, so be sure to order up some signature staples including sushi, salads, tacos and more.
A word from HUB 51
HUB 51 is the River North creation from R.J. and Jerrod Melman, the younger generation of the Lettuce Entertain You organization. HUB 51 is a convergence of entertainment, nightlife, dining and social activity-much like the offbeat creations of LEYE were years ago. Striving to be at the heart of Chicago's social and dining scene, the attitude at HUB 51 is to expect the unexpected, a place offering unconventional perks, and outstanding food, drink and service in a spacious urban setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
HUB 51 reviews from OpenTable diners
487 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (265)hot spot (221)vibrant bar scene (205)great for lunch (170)fit for foodies (145)neighborhood gem (118)great for brunch (112)great for outdoor dining (110)late-night find (110)special occasion (99)romantic (40)kid-friendly (40)notable wine list (26)scenic view (19)Show More
- Delicious - and great GF optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Had a wonderful meal at HUB 51. The sushi was exceptional and a fantastic drinks menu. My mother has Celiac and was so happy with the gluten free options - especially sushi!Special Features:
- Great resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The sushi can be treated better or worked on better. The sushi can be traditional but for the money I expected at least decoration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch rulesFazio55VIPDined on 9/27/2014Cool place with a nice vibe. Great service friendly and attentive. Great lemon skinny pancakes, Amazing! Do go for brunch it is worth it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catching UpdiningdivaDined on 9/26/2014A friend was in town visiting and we decided to go to Hub 51 for dinner as it is in the heart of the bar/club scene of River North. I can always count on the food being delicious and this time didn't disappoint. One of the reasons I enjoy Hub 51 aside from the food and excellent service, if the table isn't ready when we arrive, unlike most places in the area, you only wait for 10 - 15 tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEDIOCRE AT BESTDeegsDined on 9/25/2014A little disappointing for a Lettuce restaurant. The food, steak tacos, lacked flavor although it was a good portion. The wine was over priced, but that can be expected in River North. Probably won't go back unless I grab a beer at the bar. Stick to their other restaurants.Special Features:
- Second time is the charm...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/23/2014I was in the city for a conference and met my kids at Hub 51. The hostesses were great in accommodating us even though half of our party arrived later than expected for our reservation. Our server Jose was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. Our food, much like our last experience here, was great! A special thank you to Brittany K, you are a consummate professional.Special Features:
- WoodenSpoonDined on 9/20/2014Overall I was satisfied with HUB51 my friends, & I traveled from IN, to celebrated a BDay' I did have a gift certificate, that could only be used at certain restaurants. We decided to go with HUB51, because the lower level has a lounge area, after dinning we could continue celebrating with music and dancing but unfortunately we were disappointed at the door of SUB51, being told that we had to purchase a table that would cost $600 the minimum of the bottle service. We spoke to a manager, who was more than happy to get us entry at another local lounge. Thanks, but no-thanks!! Thanks HUB51, for making us feel comfortable like real human beings, & big Thanks to SUB51, for making us feel like lower class!! But wait!! Aren't you one in the same??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago FaveSheila0824VIPDined on 9/20/2014We love Hub 51 and visit whenever we can. The servers are personable, helpful and efficient! The food is delicious and inventive. Love the Sushi, Tacos, and dessert is amazing! Will be back! Happy Hour half priced sushi is a great option everyday!Special Features:
- Nicely DoneRQGQDined on 9/20/2014My wives Bday on a Saturday night. I've always wanted to try dinner there since I have only been for drinks during after work hours. Excellent execution on the food.. Sushi was a bit basic but still good. Nachos were excellent and so were the filet steak tacos. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014one of my favorite places to eat at downtown. great location in river north, service is great, food is great. i would recommend the sushi, turkey chili and cornbread, nachos, and shrimp cevicheSpecial Features:
- ReliableBigBobDined on 9/17/2014The food quality and friendly service is reliably good. Never had a bad dish or server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingstressbunnyDined on 9/16/2014On arriving 10 of us were led to a long, narrow table that was more suitable for 8 people. I asked to be moved but was told that the only other option was the same table in the bar. Our drinks orders were eventually taken and seemed to take a surprising amount of time to fill. After a while I asked our waiter to take food orders at which time he made me choose between him going to the bar to get our drinks or taking our food order. It seems the 2 could not happen in parallel. When the food arrived we were disappointed all round. It was adequate, no more. On mentioning to the waiter that she was "disappointed" my colleague was asked "was it disgusting?" - when she said no the waiter simply shrugged and took her plate. Never again!
- Delicious and funMameVIPDined on 9/16/2014Will return. Loved the early specials. Enjoyed such I specials. Very accommodating when asked for a table in certain area. Whole meal was very good. This will be a regular favSpecial Features:
- BBQ over SushiAYo88Dined on 9/14/2014The BBQ tacos were out of this world! The spicy sushi wasn't as spicy as I would have liked, but the place was overall a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Awesome, fair priced food that will leave anyone satisfied. Huge menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern grazingKrisDined on 9/14/2014It was an interesting concept with the shared dishes to mix and match. The food was excellent. If anything was to be criticized it was the quantity. The waitress thought that a salad, a sushi roll and two warm dishes would be just right for the two of us We ended up having both lunch and dinner the following day from the leftovers (with a little addition for variety)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love loveAngelicagrace23Dined on 9/13/2014I love this place! Every time I come food and service are great.Special Features:
- Very good food and great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I went here for a small bachlorette party and we had a lot of fun! Their pitchers of drinks was perfect to split between the 5 of us and the food was great!Special Features:
- Enjoyed every moment!MJOLNDined on 9/13/2014The ambiance was impeccable, service phenomenal! Food was terrific, clean and welcoming space. Definitely a must see!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not organizedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014All in all... The place is hip and vibrant.... I had a reservation at 730pm but was not seated till 830....I was on time but they just ignored the fact that we had a reservation... So unorganized.... Plan to wait to get your table regardless if you have a reservation or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent quality and quantityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014The nachos appetizer was excellent as advertised and large enough for a group of several people. The sirloin tacos are also outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cute Night OutDelCarmenVIPDined on 9/6/2014HUB51 is always a good time. The environment is definitely trendy and festive. The service is friendly and helpful. I strongly recommend for a fun night out on the town.Special Features:
- Hot Spot in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014I read mixed reviews about this place, mostly people said they were disappointed with the quality of the food. We had a sushi roll to start with, then I had a salad and my husband had the fish tacos, which consisted of a full piece of fish that he could use to make his own tacos. Everything was delicious. Also highly recommend their HUB punch, a mix of tequila and vodka and juice. Yummy. This is spot for bachelorette parties, apparently. We counted 5 separate parties in the restaurant, and many more walking by while we were eating. We also went to SUB 51, the club in the basement of the restaurant. It was really crowded there and they do either bottle service or a bar minimum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great weekend dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014This was a great restaurant to spend a Friday night. It had a busy bar, nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & Service!jenniferVIPDined on 9/6/2014Always enjoy my experience at Hub - whether I'm with a large group or just 2 people - the service is outstanding and food is delicious!Special Features:
- Hub 51kkingmanDined on 9/5/2014The overall experience was excellent. The only downfall was the hostess's attitude. Unfriendly and grouchy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicagodinerDined on 9/5/2014Everything is good - tacos, chopped Asian chicken salad (double yum) and of course, you just can't beat the carrot cake!!Special Features:
- This is a family favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014We love coming here for our "family date nights" with our 12 year old daughter because there is something on the menu for us all to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedChicagoboundDined on 9/3/2014My cousin ate here a couple of months prior and raved on fish tacos. Food was good but nats/fruit flies made it difficult to enjoy food and drinks. Fruit flies ended up in my wine so I didn't eve finish a glass.
- Love the food and staff!mjfiveoDined on 9/1/2014The staff is very good at interacting with patrons, makes the experience better than anywhere!Special Features:
- Enjoy the variety in th menu.MariDined on 8/30/2014Not just serving specific food type. They have something for everyone. The drink selection is great. Happy hour specials was a great surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was pretty goodJaxGatorVIPDined on 8/30/2014I had initially spotted Hub 51 as a potential dinner spot for our group, but noticed it was available for brunch our first morning there. The bacon was the best we'd had in our entire lives and the rest of the menu items were pretty standard. Server was great.Special Features:
- Guests said it was a great pick!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014My friends and I enjoyed the ambiance, service, and food. We noted that it wasn't very diverse as of crowd but that's not too uncommon for River North neighborhood. But still a great find and all my guests enjoyed themselves.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Service and burger was amazing! Other food items such as the fries and drinks were just okay.Special Features:
- Good atmosphere Ok food, Good BeerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Probably a place better if you are looking for appetizers to share and grab a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good news, bad newsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014Went into the city for business and met my kids at Hub 51. It was a week night, so it wasn't a packed house. We sat at a table in the bar which was a bit noisy, but not an issue for us. We waited no less than five minutes before my daughter walked up to the reception desk and asked them to please send our server to the table. Aside from taking our order, she did next to nothing. Needless to say, her tip was a reflection of her lack of attention and service. We dine out often, and honestly if the food wasn't great, I wouldn't consider giving this restaurant another chance.Special Features:
- MM1231Dined on 8/26/2014Server was very good and the food was exceelent a little noisy and the table was a little small as it was a businees presentation over lunch. But other than that it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the ambiance and food!BariDined on 8/25/2014The restaurant is sleek, modern, and cool, and the food was presented well and tasted great. Eclectic menu that I wouldn't have expected - combination of Mexican, American, and Mediterranean - but they did it well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Food was good, courteous and engaging server! The ambiance was lively and energetic; great place to have brunch, lunch or dinner with a group setting.Special Features:
- Great service and foodDine52VIPDined on 8/25/2014Hub 51 never disappoints!! Very consistent! The sushi was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.