51 W. Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://hub51chicago.com/
- Phone: 3128280051x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday 11:00 am - Midnight. Thursday - Friday 11:00 am - 2am.
Saturday 10am - 3am.
Sunday 10am - 10 pm.
Delivery for brunch, lunch and dinner available via Grubhub. Visit www.grubhub.com/chicago/hub-51.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Bellovich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: In honor of Fat Tuesday and all things delicious, HUB 51 is encouraging all to get their eat – and their drink on. To experience a bit of The Big Easy in Chicago, head to the River North mainstay and order up a round of HUB Hurricanes for just $8 a pop. Of course if you’re going to have a few cocktails, food is a must, so be sure to order up some signature staples including sushi, salads, tacos and more.
A word from HUB 51
HUB 51 is the River North creation from R.J. and Jerrod Melman, the younger generation of the Lettuce Entertain You organization. HUB 51 is a convergence of entertainment, nightlife, dining and social activity-much like the offbeat creations of LEYE were years ago. Striving to be at the heart of Chicago's social and dining scene, the attitude at HUB 51 is to expect the unexpected, a place offering unconventional perks, and outstanding food, drink and service in a spacious urban setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
HUB 51 reviews from OpenTable diners
505 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (266)hot spot (226)vibrant bar scene (222)great for lunch (179)fit for foodies (148)neighborhood gem (130)great for brunch (128)late-night find (112)special occasion (109)great for outdoor dining (109)kid-friendly (45)romantic (42)notable wine list (27)scenic view (21)Show More
- Enjoy the variety in th menu.MariDined on 8/30/2014Not just serving specific food type. They have something for everyone. The drink selection is great. Happy hour specials was a great surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was pretty goodJaxGatorVIPDined on 8/30/2014I had initially spotted Hub 51 as a potential dinner spot for our group, but noticed it was available for brunch our first morning there. The bacon was the best we'd had in our entire lives and the rest of the menu items were pretty standard. Server was great.Special Features:
- Guests said it was a great pick!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014My friends and I enjoyed the ambiance, service, and food. We noted that it wasn't very diverse as of crowd but that's not too uncommon for River North neighborhood. But still a great find and all my guests enjoyed themselves.Special Features:
- Good atmosphere Ok food, Good BeerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Probably a place better if you are looking for appetizers to share and grab a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good news, bad newsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014Went into the city for business and met my kids at Hub 51. It was a week night, so it wasn't a packed house. We sat at a table in the bar which was a bit noisy, but not an issue for us. We waited no less than five minutes before my daughter walked up to the reception desk and asked them to please send our server to the table. Aside from taking our order, she did next to nothing. Needless to say, her tip was a reflection of her lack of attention and service. We dine out often, and honestly if the food wasn't great, I wouldn't consider giving this restaurant another chance.Special Features:
- MM1231Dined on 8/26/2014Server was very good and the food was exceelent a little noisy and the table was a little small as it was a businees presentation over lunch. But other than that it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the ambiance and food!BariDined on 8/25/2014The restaurant is sleek, modern, and cool, and the food was presented well and tasted great. Eclectic menu that I wouldn't have expected - combination of Mexican, American, and Mediterranean - but they did it well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Food was good, courteous and engaging server! The ambiance was lively and energetic; great place to have brunch, lunch or dinner with a group setting.Special Features:
- Great service and foodDine52VIPDined on 8/25/2014Hub 51 never disappoints!! Very consistent! The sushi was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Hub!!JkabelsDined on 8/24/2014Great food, well thought out drink program, and lively hip atmosphere. The next gen Melmans are killing it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Louder than loudearplugsrequiredDined on 8/23/2014This has to be the noisiest restaurant I have ever been to. The food was excellent however I couldn't wait to leave due to the noise.Special Features:
- Divine french toastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014If you have a sweet tooth the caramel apple french toast will not disappoint. It is savory and filling...the perfect brunch treat!Special Features:
- Good dinnerMags2222Dined on 8/20/2014I had been to HUB51 for a private event. I talked it up to my husband and honestly was a little disappointed. The bar: Two bartenders, but one was so deep in conversation, that it was really only one bartender. The food was quite good, but not as good as SUB51. Our waitress seemed too busy to give strong service to any table, not just ours. The ambience was louder than expected, but the music was good. Back to the food, we had the Guacamole starter and it was delicious. For dinner, we have the Pork Tacos and the Filet Mignon Steak Tacos - quiet good. Next time I will either request patio seating or a perimeter booth.
- Save room for the carrot cakeRandyODined on 8/20/2014Upbeat restaurant with good food and good service. The carrot cake is to die forSpecial Features:
- always reliableSuziVIPDined on 8/18/2014We have found that it's a great place to dine after work. Our service was a little challenged this time but most often it is good. Food is reliable and has a good varietySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid dinner spotShawnDined on 8/17/2014Very good sushi. Fresh and well prepared. The tacos, we had the filet mignon, was awesome. Fresh cilantro in the pico de gallo was amazing. We shared some of the plates and they plated the orders split for us. Leave room for the carrot cake. Great to sit in the bar or at a table. Maybe a bit loud but not out of line since we say in the bar. One of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another River North optionTravel2EatVIPDined on 8/17/2014We had dinner here before going to the theater. Very convenient to hotels and theaters. Wait person was very friendly, offered suggestions, and was appropriately attentive. Slipped a bit at the end - didn't clear plates even though he came by and saw they were empty, etc. Overall, he was good. Interesting menu. Lots of options that ranged from small plate size to large sandwiches and entrees. Something for everyone in your group. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereDev1980Dined on 8/17/2014We made reservations for a large group for a Sunday Brunch after a Bachelorette party. We needed to split into two groups but they managed to seat us right next to each other. The food was excellent and our server was very informative and attentive! We had an excellent brunch experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamiDined on 8/16/2014We had a reservation and were seated right away which is great as it was busy. Food and drinks were fresh and very good. Large portions and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Pork Shoulder!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Hub 51 was recommended to us by a Chicago native, and we were not disappointed. Really nice beer selection and fun appetizers. I wish we had ordered the guacamole, but our hummus plate was excellent. For entrees, I had the pork shoulder (melt in your mouth tender and perfectly seared with a crunchy, yummy crust) and my husband had an eye-rollingly good cheeseburger. Would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- I love the Hub!eclecticDined on 8/11/2014Food that is great for any palate out there. I always bring guests from out of town and they all point to it as a high point of their trip. Greaet food, great service, Fun place.Special Features:
- Noisy spotcmo12Dined on 8/11/2014We enjoyed the sushi and chicken nachos and carrot cake that we had at Hub 51. Our waiter was very attentive. But, the noise level was not comfortable for us.Special Features:
- DidiDined on 8/9/2014The service was great, however the food was a disappointment. We were running late for our 8pm reservations, we called and they were able to push it back to 8:30. We were seated right away when we got there. Everyone was nice and our waitress was great. The food was not to my expectations though. Would not go back.
- Nachos, SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014Nachos looked great but tasted terrible. Sushi was average. The people next to us stood up and left before finishing their meal due to a "worm" being in their meal.
- Another Winner!GlutenfreefoodieDined on 8/9/2014Loved the vibe here, food was very good, our waitress was fantastic, the manager was very nice as well... brought us a piece of carrot cake since it was our first time here! Lots of items on the gluten free menu, which was a must!! Definitely going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014The Hub 51 chicken nachos are quite possibly the best dish in town! My co-workers and I frequently visit Hub 51 just for those.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Appetizerssalsadancer23Dined on 8/6/2014The appetizers here stood out; they were better than both my husband's or my main dishes. This place is noisy and the tables are very close together, so if you want a quiet dinner don't go here. Overall, very good. We have already decided that we'll come back to try more appetizers!Special Features:
- Quick lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We made reservations 45 minutes prior to arriving, we were eating within 15 minutes. Food and service were both great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GRANNY04Dined on 8/5/2014One of the best dinning experiences we had while visiting Chicago. On 8/5/14 our experience was outstanding. The service was impeccable, the food came fast, the food was delicious. The surprise huge slice of carrot cake at the end we received as a complimentary gift for being first time dinners was absolutely delicious. If you nothing else while in Chicago YOU MUST TRY HUB 51!!!Special Features:
- KariHDined on 8/5/2014Vibrant bar scene with a diverse menu. Two if our guests ordered the halibut special and a salmon dish who both indicAted their dinners tasted very bland. This is not a restaurant that I would order fish in. Short ribs we good but the men who ordered it thought the serving was rather small. We love Caesar salad but were disappointed in the lemon flavored dressing. I would go back but for cocktails and not much more.Special Features:
- KateDined on 8/4/2014Very slow service Monday night. Forever before we could get our check and leave. Salmon sushi is decorated with the tiniest bit of salmon. It should really be called avocado sushi. I was embarrassed that I brought my out of town friends here for what was meant to be simple, reliable food.
- HUB 51 CustomersatisfiedcustomerDined on 8/4/2014HUB 51 is a great find in a restaurant. It offers a great selection on the menu and delivers with taste and exceptional service. Trendy, yet comfortable, anyone would enjoy their dining experience at HUB 51.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Busy BrunchMrsClausDined on 8/3/2014BUSY for a Sunday BRUNCH! The noise level was high near the front of the restaurant, as there were large groups waiting to be seated and no where for them to go to wait. We were offered a seat by the door and immediately declined, due to the noise and the people needing to stand around, near the table, to wait to be seated. We were placed further into the restaurant without trouble. We were seated in the rear of the restaurant and our service was much improved from our last visit. We received our appetizer within 10 min. of ordering and our entrees shortly after. The only negative was that we had to ask our waitress to bring our bar drinks to us, after we had eaten our appetizer, because they had been forgotten and not brought to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2014Hub 51 is a must when we are in Chicago, summer or winter. Service is always friendly and fun and the food is always fabulous, as well as their Bloody Mary's. The shaved chicken nachos are an absolute favorite of ours and makes a perfect lunch for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night Group DinnersVeniceGlamGirlDined on 8/2/2014Went here with a big group of girls on a Saturday night. Good thing we had a reservation because it was completely packed. They have really good drinks, we got pitchers of mixed drinks, which were a great deal. Food is good, not amazing, but very suitable for a large group going out on the town.Special Features:
- Nice placeelizabeth2651Dined on 8/1/2014Comfortable outdoor seating. Alive with action. Fabulous shrimp ceviche and Margaritas.Special Features:
- Bachelorette Dinner Partyladieslove2dineoutDined on 8/1/2014Our group was celebrating a dear friend's last weekend as a single woman and this was our first visit to HUB 51. I was very pleased with our dining experience. The hostesses were phenomenal as was the wait staff. The food and drinks were awesome. We each ordered something different and everyone raved about their dish. We will definitely be returning for future girls nights out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodRebeccaDined on 7/31/2014Our server Tony was awesome! Great healthy food!Special Features:
- Good food good timeSuziVIPDined on 7/28/2014We had good food and enjoyed our evening at HUB 51. Love the selection on the menuSpecial Features:
- GonzoDined on 7/27/2014it was loud, but food was delicious. Service was virtually perfect.Special Features: