51 W. Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://hub51chicago.com/
- Phone: 3128280051x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday 11:00 am - Midnight. Thursday - Friday 11:00 am - 2am.
Saturday 10am - 3am.
Sunday 10am - 10 pm.
Delivery for brunch, lunch and dinner available via Grubhub. Visit www.grubhub.com/chicago/hub-51.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Bellovich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: In honor of Fat Tuesday and all things delicious, HUB 51 is encouraging all to get their eat – and their drink on. To experience a bit of The Big Easy in Chicago, head to the River North mainstay and order up a round of HUB Hurricanes for just $8 a pop. Of course if you’re going to have a few cocktails, food is a must, so be sure to order up some signature staples including sushi, salads, tacos and more.
A word from HUB 51
HUB 51 is the River North creation from R.J. and Jerrod Melman, the younger generation of the Lettuce Entertain You organization. HUB 51 is a convergence of entertainment, nightlife, dining and social activity-much like the offbeat creations of LEYE were years ago. Striving to be at the heart of Chicago's social and dining scene, the attitude at HUB 51 is to expect the unexpected, a place offering unconventional perks, and outstanding food, drink and service in a spacious urban setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
HUB 51 reviews from OpenTable diners
475 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (261)hot spot (215)vibrant bar scene (204)great for lunch (156)fit for foodies (148)neighborhood gem (115)late-night find (104)great for brunch (98)great for outdoor dining (96)special occasion (94)romantic (40)kid-friendly (36)notable wine list (22)scenic view (14)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014Somewhat expensive for American food but still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceprincessDined on 10/19/2014The Service was absolutely awful. The plates sat on the table for 45 minutes between appetizers and dinner. Tgen after dinner the server walked around abput 10 times by our table and never collected the dinner plates. He never asked us if we wanted another cocktail. We were there for a birthday. My friend called earlier in the day to ask if they do anything the hostess said I will mark it down . She never made the server aware it was a special occasion. The over all experience was not great. He did not want to be bothered with us at all. For a lettuce Entertainment restaurant it is truly unexpected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014This place was great , reservation for 9 pm got there at 9:01 and was seated 9:02. Good atmosphere and wine and food was delicious! Kind of loud but that was good cuz we were loud too. Went downstairs after dinner to sub51 , good string drinks and fun dancing .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!Eatagain1566Dined on 10/18/2014I went here for my 21st birthday and I also took my boyfriend here for our anniversary and we lovedotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the carrot cake!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My friends and I were in the city for the weekend and it was everyone's first time in Chicago. Made reservations at HUB51 and it was the best decision we could have ever made! Not only was our food perfect, the service and the energy of the restaurant were above and beyond! I couldn't speak higher of this place!! I'm back home in Cleveland, OH now and I'm missing the carrot cake already! It is perfection!Special Features:
- Always good foodJoanDined on 10/18/2014Sushi 1/2 price before 6 p.m. is a great way to begin the evening! Service was wonderful, our simple selections - grilled tuna and veggie burgers were very good! We've eaten at HUB51 before and are always happy with our choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Good overall atmosphere and the food and service were both great! The only recommendation that I have for the restaurant would be to increase the training provided for the host. Having made an early reservation at 5, my boyfriend and I had hoped to beat the crowd and enjoy a quiet dinner alone before the show we were attending. When we arrived, we were seated next to the only other table in the room. Instead of a nice, romantic evening, it was awkward and uncomfortable. The point is, spread it out a little but. Seating tables right next to each other in an empty restaurant feels a lot closer than is appreciated. This is common sense in the restaurant industry and management should be relaying that message to the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!fuudcritiqueDined on 10/17/2014Always love coming here! Consistently great food and they always pour a great drink. The ambience is perfect for city goers and the lighting is perfect. Just a cool spot to hang out with friends or take a sweetheart.Special Features:
- VibrantnbreimanDined on 10/16/2014Great service! Our waitress was amazing. As first time dinners we got to sample the house specialty desert, carrot cake. It was fantastic!! No disappointments.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food was really good and my group had a great time. The service was overwhelmed as the crowd from the marathon was not anticipated. Eventually all was taken care of but one person from our group didn't get her meal until we had all finished oursSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!FoodandwineloverDined on 10/12/2014This place was recommended to is by a local. It did not disappoint. From the time we walked in to the restaurant til the time we left, our experience at Hub 51 was excellent. The atmosphere was awesome but the food was the best part. The menu has such a wide variety if choices, from fresh sushi to the best turkey burger I've ever had in my life! The prices were beyond reasonable. I would go back again & again if I lived in Chicago. This place is worth a visit and deserves and all around A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great FoodLucy8438VIPDined on 10/12/2014This place is always good! Surprisingly their sushi is some of the best in the city! Service is always great and hostesses always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch SpotdeeceVIPDined on 10/12/2014Often overlooked for brunch, where many other "brunch" spots will be an hour long wait you can often get a table at Hub51 between 10am-12pm with ease. There brunch menu inclusive of the short ribs benedict, breakfast tacos, and breakfast nachos is a can't miss in Chicago.Special Features:
- Our must do in ChicagoHilotheBostonDined on 10/11/2014Met 9 people here who were in Chicago for the marathon. As always, the same great food and service. We were seated promptly and the server had no problem getting the checks right even though we were all sitting and moving around. She was friendly and helpful. The food was great - we had sushi. We look forward to dining here each time we are in the Chicago area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively hip crowdBen007Dined on 10/10/2014Good food, lively atmosphere, busy on a Friday night. Reservations a must. Great unrushed service. Only negative was the constant pressure to tip in the washrooms. They cater to the club downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is good but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014This place is just ok. The dining room is very crowded but I understand they are trying to fit as many people as possible in. The service is good but the food is just ok,it's not bad it's just not amazing. The biggest disappointment is there cocktail list,they are all super sweet and boring. They need to amp up the cocktail list to keep up with surrounding restauraunts and prob take the sushi off the menu because it wasn't that great. If you go order the tacos or burgers etc..Special Features:
- great night!ispchic08Dined on 10/10/2014This place has a Great atmosphere! Great food! Great drink prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie1212Dined on 10/10/2014We were in Chicago for the marathon and the restaurant was packed, though we were seated within minutes of our reservation time. The restaurant was loud, but we were able to have a conversation. The food was very, very good and the service was excellent. We would definitely recommend Hub 51.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiteediblequiteedibleDined on 10/10/2014Must try the brussels sprout salad, and as always the hummus platter is very goodSpecial Features:
- Sarah BSarah666Dined on 10/7/2014Excellent food, outstanding service, great wine! We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Perfect location for my Boss' monday night birthday dinner! They were very accommodating to her gluten free needs. Thank you for the wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Great for late nightLuv2eatVIPDined on 10/5/2014Go there often. Open late and has come in so handy when we needed a place that was open. Great food options for all types of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/5/2014consistently good. Been for brunch many times. service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibes!ChanelDined on 10/4/2014Enjoyed the scene and ambiance at Hub 51. Reservations were at 1130pm which wS convenient for us. Staff took long to greay us, bring drinks, and fake an order. Sushi was not good... And it's all we had besides hummus. Downstairs has a pretty live bar/night club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday nightbdaynightDined on 10/4/2014Hub51 was a great experience for my birthday dinner with my closest 10 friends. We had great food and great service. We then had an even better time downstairs at Sub51 with a complementary bottle of vodka and table service. Excellent birthday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait with a reservation.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014The food was average but the service was lacking. I had made a reservation for a party of 10 and but we were seated over 30 mins after the reservation time. The worst part was that the host staff didn't even apologize for the wait.Special Features:
- Delicious - and great GF optionsTastingChicagoDined on 9/27/2014Had a wonderful meal at HUB 51. The sushi was exceptional and a fantastic drinks menu. My mother has Celiac and was so happy with the gluten free options - especially sushi!Special Features:
- stevenmDined on 9/27/2014Waiter was very good. The sea bass was very petite. I was still starving when I finished it. Brownie desert was good.Special Features:
- Great resturanthortizDined on 9/27/2014The sushi can be treated better or worked on better. The sushi can be traditional but for the money I expected at least decoration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch rulesFazio55VIPDined on 9/27/2014Cool place with a nice vibe. Great service friendly and attentive. Great lemon skinny pancakes, Amazing! Do go for brunch it is worth it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catching UpdiningdivaDined on 9/26/2014A friend was in town visiting and we decided to go to Hub 51 for dinner as it is in the heart of the bar/club scene of River North. I can always count on the food being delicious and this time didn't disappoint. One of the reasons I enjoy Hub 51 aside from the food and excellent service, if the table isn't ready when we arrive, unlike most places in the area, you only wait for 10 - 15 tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEDIOCRE AT BESTDeegsDined on 9/25/2014A little disappointing for a Lettuce restaurant. The food, steak tacos, lacked flavor although it was a good portion. The wine was over priced, but that can be expected in River North. Probably won't go back unless I grab a beer at the bar. Stick to their other restaurants.Special Features:
- Second time is the charm...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/23/2014I was in the city for a conference and met my kids at Hub 51. The hostesses were great in accommodating us even though half of our party arrived later than expected for our reservation. Our server Jose was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. Our food, much like our last experience here, was great! A special thank you to Brittany K, you are a consummate professional.Special Features:
- WoodenSpoonDined on 9/20/2014Overall I was satisfied with HUB51 my friends, & I traveled from IN, to celebrated a BDay' I did have a gift certificate, that could only be used at certain restaurants. We decided to go with HUB51, because the lower level has a lounge area, after dinning we could continue celebrating with music and dancing but unfortunately we were disappointed at the door of SUB51, being told that we had to purchase a table that would cost $600 the minimum of the bottle service. We spoke to a manager, who was more than happy to get us entry at another local lounge. Thanks, but no-thanks!! Thanks HUB51, for making us feel comfortable like real human beings, & big Thanks to SUB51, for making us feel like lower class!! But wait!! Aren't you one in the same??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago FaveSheila0824VIPDined on 9/20/2014We love Hub 51 and visit whenever we can. The servers are personable, helpful and efficient! The food is delicious and inventive. Love the Sushi, Tacos, and dessert is amazing! Will be back! Happy Hour half priced sushi is a great option everyday!Special Features:
- Nicely DoneRQGQDined on 9/20/2014My wives Bday on a Saturday night. I've always wanted to try dinner there since I have only been for drinks during after work hours. Excellent execution on the food.. Sushi was a bit basic but still good. Nachos were excellent and so were the filet steak tacos. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014one of my favorite places to eat at downtown. great location in river north, service is great, food is great. i would recommend the sushi, turkey chili and cornbread, nachos, and shrimp cevicheSpecial Features:
- ReliableBigBobDined on 9/17/2014The food quality and friendly service is reliably good. Never had a bad dish or server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingstressbunnyDined on 9/16/2014On arriving 10 of us were led to a long, narrow table that was more suitable for 8 people. I asked to be moved but was told that the only other option was the same table in the bar. Our drinks orders were eventually taken and seemed to take a surprising amount of time to fill. After a while I asked our waiter to take food orders at which time he made me choose between him going to the bar to get our drinks or taking our food order. It seems the 2 could not happen in parallel. When the food arrived we were disappointed all round. It was adequate, no more. On mentioning to the waiter that she was "disappointed" my colleague was asked "was it disgusting?" - when she said no the waiter simply shrugged and took her plate. Never again!
- Delicious and funMameVIPDined on 9/16/2014Will return. Loved the early specials. Enjoyed such I specials. Very accommodating when asked for a table in certain area. Whole meal was very good. This will be a regular favSpecial Features: