Howard Wang's Uptown China Brasserie
3223 Lemmon Ave #103
Dallas, TX 75204Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Howard Wang's Uptown China Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://hwrestaurants.com/uptown/index.html
- Phone: (214) 954-9558
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Howard Wang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining and Catering Packages available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room sitting up to 30 people. Family Style menus created to fit every party"s individual needs, including on and off the menu items
- Private Party Contact: John Cronin 2149549558
- Special Events: Wine Down Mondays! Brush off your case of the Mondays with Half priced bottles of wine every Monday, all night long!
A word from Howard Wang's Uptown China Brasserie
Upscale Chinese Bistro in Uptown Dallas. Located in The Post (Formally Cityville) Katy Trail Building at the corner of Lemmon and Cole, facing Carlisle St. Featuring Contemporary and Traditional Chinese Cuisine. Offering full service, patio and private dining. Full bar including Asian beers, mixology driven cocktails, evolving wine list and premium Sake. Weekday Happy Hours and Weekend Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Howard Wang's Uptown China Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (9)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Wonderful lunch for a cold day outsideBilly525VIPDined on 11/13/2014There is nothing like Howard Wang's Hot/Sour soup when it's freezing outside. Hunan chicken stir fry and some hot tea didn't hurt much, either. All in all, wonderful lunch. Friendly tip: Hostess must remember that even if she's on the phone when customers arrive, she should acknowledge them FIRST and put phone customers on brief hold. Nothing takes the place of the customer who actually takes the time to COME IN to one's place of business.
- Great service, very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/1/2014Loved the soft shell crab. John was an excellent server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will not go backCHuttotexasfun2014VIPDined on 10/9/2014Table was sticky upon arrival . Ordered cocktail...crown and coke too syrupy...had a different flavor. Manager was not happy with complaint, stormed over, and we could hear his profanity. I asked about a spicy dish...waitress said it could be toned down. It was so hot my lips were on fire and it brought tears to my eyes. Tenderloin was very tough. We were very disappointed!!
- Always a delightBilly525VIPDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful egg roll and Hunan style ckicken and vegetables! Always fantastic!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good aestheticsJoskin733VIPDined on 9/10/2014As I entered the restaurant, I was not greeted as having a reservation. Of course the restaurant was almost totally empty.The menu I was given was dirty with food stains so I asked for a clean menu. This speaks to cleanliness of the restaurant and care by the staff and management. Normally, I would have left then and there but decided to try. The waitress that assisted me had no clue about the menu. When asked about a couple of signature items, she could not even explain the contents of the meal. A more experienced waiter did clarify and the seafood meal I had was delicious.Special Features:
- BusterVIPDined on 9/6/2014huge menu for chinese and thai. pleasant service. Nice wine list and reasonably priced.
- 2nd time not a charmOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The first time we visited the restaurant the waiter was great and very friendly. The waitress we had this time was awful she had an attitude and was not very helpful she would be gone for long period of times without checking on us. It was awful.Special Features:
- wonderful ChineseBilly525VIPDined on 8/30/2014Delicious hot and sour soup; crispy wontons; fried rice and Hunan chicken stir-fry. Service was excellent. If you like Chinese food in a clean, classy ambience, you'll enjoy this restaurant!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedLisaVIPDined on 8/16/2014I picked this as the venue to celebrate my daughter's 30th birthday, so was hoping for an extra special experience. The food was very good, but some arrived not very hot. The waiter we had seemed irritated and edgy- also not what I was hoping for in an upscale Uptown restaurant. I wouldn't make an effort to go back here, given all the choices in the area It does seem to have good potential, just needs more attentive and friendly staff.Special Features:
- Delicious foodPickycustomerDined on 8/2/2014Food is absolutely as good as Chinese food anywhere. Service was impeccable and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousBilly525VIPDined on 8/1/2014Food is always good at Howard Wang's Uptown, but tonight, the service was flawless. Best service I've had at the restaurant, which is saying a lot (service is always good!). If you want Chinese food in Dallas, this is the place to go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not all was greatTKopDined on 7/30/2014We hadn't been to this location and thought we'd try it. Most of the food was really good with the exception of the usually fabulous vanilla prawns. They were lacking sauce which is what makes them so tasty. I told the waiter that the prawns were missing sauce and asked for some extra. He brought a cup of cold sauce to put on the hot prawns and then charged me $2 extra for sauce that should have been on the prawns anyway. I thought for a higher end restaurant, that was unnecessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 87 reviews are from the Howard Wang's Uptown China Brasserie reviews archive.
- first time for dinnerBilly525VIPDined on 6/27/2014Have dined here several times for lunch and always been pleased. Dinner was no exception. The service was the best I have had yet. I am terrible with names but it began with a C, like Colby or something similar. He was truly exceptional and I would like to commend him for his wonderful service. Well done.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice.YummyNellDined on 6/16/2014I really enjoyed Howard Wang's, from the time ee entered and our table was waiting for us.. it was just incredible. The decor was one of the highlights for me, lighting was great. The food was really well seasoned and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good veggie optionsBarbDined on 5/31/2014We aren't meat eaters so sometimes trying a new Asian restaurant is iffy, as not too many options. We were very pleased with Wong's uptown, lots of veggie options - the eggplant was especially delicious, as were the vegetable dumplings. Service was superb!Special Features:
- YumTgr74Dined on 5/24/2014Been a few times and everyone I'm with (including myself) is always happy with what they order. Lots of flavor! Very cute restaurant as well. If you're craving Chinese food you won't be disappointed! My review notes this as a high noise level but it's only because I'm submitting this from my iPhone and that part of this form is broken. It won't allow me to submit my review without clicking on the noise level and when I click it it only allows full noise as the option. Note to Open Table to fix this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocrewikfarmVIPDined on 5/17/2014I have dined here once before on a weekday evening, it was fairly busy and fell in love with a ginger beef tenderloin. This time we dined on a Saturday at 6:00 p.m. The place was dead. Couldn't believe it as restaurants around it were booming. Busy or not the restaurant is not loud so I did not have to compete with surrounding conversation or music. Lovely weather so we dined outside. Two of the three entrees were mediocre. Soft shell crab was very well prepared but sadly the Beef Tenderloin and Beef Filet & Scallops were nothing special. Our waiter was just barely above "fair". He was not very attentive to our needs which I found to be unacceptable in an empty restaurant. Lovely place, quiet, decent food.Special Features:
- Beautifuljat3cloveDined on 5/13/2014Howard Wang was a delight to visit. The decor is chic and so is the food. The menu is extensive with expected entrees and amazing specialty dishes. Wang's Splendor is superb. The Ginger Beef is a gorgeous dish, very tasty with tenderloin, cilantro. My daughter chose the soft shell crab -- tempura just extraordinary. Their take on the margarita with a hint of ginger and pear is fantastic. Staff is great. Valet parking cost is "whatever you'd like to pay." Highly recommend this amazing restaurant. I can't wait to visit Dallas again so that we can stop by.Special Features:
- Im a regular!KitKatVIPDined on 5/10/2014Always love going to Howard Wang's. I'm new to Dallas and it is in my neighborhood---so I'm a regular. Whenever someone comes to visit, I am sure to take them there as an intro to the neighborhood dining. The manager is always warm, and the music is always GREAT!! Be sure to have the Vanilla Prawns!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where have I been?!?jamiesqDined on 5/9/2014Howard Wang's is definitely a neighborhood gem nestled between Lemmon Ave. and Katy Trail. Somehow in my frequent jaunts to Gloria's next door, I've never seen this place and that's a shame. The drinks were delicious, the food was great and, most notably, the service was stellar. Our server Cameron guided us through the menu and made sure our first time at Howard Wang's was a great one. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- very nice lunchBilly525VIPDined on 5/9/2014So glad we found this little gem. Always good food and nice service. Convenient valet parking, too. Learned today that our favorite waitress is gone, but David took good care of us today. We'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Goodmdlchic1230VIPDined on 5/2/2014This restaurant was ok. It was pretty slow the night I went. We dined out on the patio which was pretty nice, although there were a bunch of people that came in later with dogs. I love dogs, but I dont necessarily want to have a romantic meal out with them roaming around. At any rate the service was great! Food was decent. The bar opens up to the patio and the people sitting at the outside bar were kind of loud so we decided to leave at that point, but we were done with dinner anyway so no big deal.Special Features:
- 1st visit probably not always fair!visitorswholiketoeatDined on 4/30/2014We arrived about 9:05 pm for our 9 pm reservation. Woman answering phone had said HWUCB was located "behind the Shell station," which was totally misleading. No one met us at door, but after a couple of minutes a friendly waiter came out and seated us. Wednesday night is probably not a fair time to judge any restaurant. A big, quiet family group was there. A VERY NOISY group of young Asian women in a side room were so loud we could hardly converse. Otherwise, we were the only ones present. We ordered a meal of dim sum, all of which was tasty, but not served hot. Leftovers? We couldn't get a straight answer about ice cream, but our waiter at last appeared with 5-6 scoops of the mango sherbet, apologizing that he wasn't a very good "scooper."Special Features:
- Great Find for Asian FarechormesDined on 4/19/2014Very good Chinese food, with a fun specialty cocktail menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a nice lunchBilly525VIPDined on 4/14/2014How can one complain when the service is friendly, the food is excellent, and the atmosphere is professional? I must also add that the background music is excellent! Every time we eat here, we always remark about how good the music is.I would recommend this to a friend.
- another wonderful lunchBilly525VIPDined on 4/1/2014Fell in love last week. Returned today - and we're still happy. Food was still fresh and flavorful. Ambiance was nice and manager came to table. The only slight difference was the service today was a tad off. Waited a long time for anyone to come to the table and the personality simply wasn't as energetic or sincere as the server we had last week. In fact, we saw our original server, asked her name, and will now request her when we return; and we WILL return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!Billy525VIPDined on 3/25/2014This was our first visit and it was a perfect outing in every sense! Wonderful, wonderful. The hot/sour soup was delicious and served with the large, crispy noodles. I ordered Hunan Chicken and my co-worker ordered Crispy Chicken and both were superb. The service was flawless and everyone was friendly. Can't wait to go back! Bravo!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good; service a little spottyGaryDined on 3/22/2014Enjoy our meal at Howard Wangs on a early Saturday evening. Meals tasted good with the exception of the wonton soup which was a little bland tasting. Main entries were all tasty and served hot. The main course was brought out before we had time to finish our appetizers making our party feel rushed which was strange due to the restaurant not very full.
- Will definitely be back!!modfoodie1Dined on 2/14/2014Came here for Valentine's Day, and it was perfect, the food was delicious. I tried the Orange peel chicken and it was to die for. For the most part our server was attentive for the beginning and middle of our meal. Unfortunately toward the end he slacked, but it in no way trumped the whole night.Special Features:
- Great food, great bar selection,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014Great food, great bar selection, and friendly staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FOOD!JeffDined on 1/4/2014it was a little hard to find, but the restaurant is next to Gloria's. Staff was fantastic...Food GREAT!... Very nice experience. Thank YOU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT food!!!Eb36Dined on 1/3/2014I haven't had anything bad yet. The only reason I didn't give it all five stars today was because our waitress sucked but I've always had great service here all the other times I've been here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our groupFranDined on 12/27/2013Very good place for our group of 6-12 to meet on Friday nights. Good variety of Food and prices. Great waiter this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceTravelerVIPDined on 12/27/2013I found this using Open Table and we enjoyed an excellent meal and service! We will be back.!Special Features:
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/19/2013It was ok. Nothing special, nothing horrible. It was just ok
- SolidNewtodallasDined on 12/7/2013Very good. Nothing fancy but very solid food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE IT....smileyVIPDined on 12/3/2013The bartenders are AWESOME If you like spicy as in "hot".. they will temper the heat for you.. The dishes are full of fresh items and taste AWESOME Everything is GREATSpecial Features:
- AMAZINGsmileyVIPDined on 11/24/2013The food is amazing.. The servcie is amazing... I had the best time every...Special Features:
- It's OkFoodElderDined on 11/24/2013The service was great, but the food was just okay. Expected more from a restaurant like this.
- Fun place with great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/23/2013Looking for really good Chinese food, excellent and friendly service, with a fun location? Then this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.