Howard Wang's - Southlake
1471 East Southlake Blvd.
Southlake, TX 76092Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Howard Wang's - Southlake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hwrestaurants.com/southlake
- Phone: 8174886667
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Howard Wang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer a customized catering menu ranging in different pricing options.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room sitting up to 30 people. Family Style menus created to fit every party's individual needs, including on and off the menu items.
- Private Party Contact: Marie Vela 8174886667
A word from Howard Wang's - Southlake
Upscale Chinese Restaurant in Southlake. Located in The Shops of Southlake in the same shopping center as Central Market. Featuring Contemporary and Traditional Chinese Cuisine. Offering full service, patio and private dining. Full bar/lounge including Asian beers, mixology driven cocktails, evolving wine list and premium Sake. Weekday Happy Hour and Specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Howard Wang's - Southlake - Best Restaurants in Southlake ›
Howard Wang's - Southlake reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (17)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (9)romantic (9)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Delicious!SeriousFoodie42Dined on 8/19/2014Very nicely decorated restaurant makes you feel welcome upon entering. Quickly seated and greeted by a great server, Cory. Chicken satay with peanut nice was excellent as was the pan fried pork dumplings. Stir fried salmon with Chinese broccoli was better than expected (wasn't sure what it would be), and the shrimp with walnut sauce was tasty and filling. My only downside was I wasn't expecting the mango ginger mojito to taste sour, but I drank it in between water sips. Two drinks, two appetizers and two entrees was $85 including tip. Pleasantly came in way under budget and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait StaffBinkFanDined on 8/4/2014Our waiter was fantastic. Very knowledgeable of the menu in general and the special dishes available only at Howard Wang's.Special Features:
- Worst Service Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/3/2014Made reservations at Howard Wang's last night. We came in and waited a couple minutes before seating ourselves at the bar. The hostess came by so we flagged her down to let her know where we sat and she took our drink order then walked off. Cue the waiter... he began to ask us our drink orders again which I let him know the hostess had already taken. His response was "yeah, well she is a dumb broad." It was all pretty much downhill from there. If I had been alone I would have left. Food was ok, but for that service I will take my business elsewhere and the hostess should too.
- PartnerjeffDined on 7/11/2014the service was horrible and food at best mediocre
- Consistently has great foodICU812Dined on 7/11/2014The food and service are consistently good every time we frequent there. We try new dishes and if we do not care for it they immediately change it out at no additional costs. Their service is one of the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodMsAlexisDined on 7/11/2014My boyfriend and I eat here a few times a month (he loves the Peking Duck) and everything I have tried (pad thai, orange chicken, shrimp fried rice, egg flower soup, etc) has been excellent. A few times we have gone, there has been a somewhat long wait, which usually stems from the duck taking longer than most orders, but a few times we have been left wondering where our server has gone just to refill our drinks, bring out an appetizer, etc. Most of the servers though, are friendly, attractive young people who really do aim to please. We generally get in without a wait with out reservations, as well. A great spot overall!Special Features:
- Excellent AtmosphereNoPeDined on 7/9/2014This place is fantastic. it's our second time there and it didn't disappoint. The Korean BBQ dishes are a real treat. Also get some of that cole slaw if you get a chance.Special Features:
- Our fav in southlakeMeichDined on 7/8/2014We are regulars at Howard Wangs Southlake. We bring many out of town guests here and are never disappointedSpecial Features:
- Foodie001Dined on 7/6/2014We love the Spicy Basil Chow Fun and Jasmine tea. My daughter eats from kids menu. We have been here numerous times and have always been pleased with food, wine, atmosphere, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsAZeeVIPDined on 6/21/2014Recently had dinner with friends at Howard Wang's and all the dishes were excellent, especially the Cantonese Chicken!Special Features:
- Great eveningmtm1969Dined on 6/6/2014Great food and the staff was very attentive. Recommendations from our server were excellent.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerpinkieDined on 6/3/2014It was a little too cold with the air conditioning. Ended up covering my wife with a napkin. The food was ok nothing exceptional. Couple next to us kept sending their drink back to the bar. We had wine and beer. The white wine was less than cool but the beer was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GmanVIPDined on 5/23/2014It's great to have Howard Wang's in Southlake. Always a good time and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland American Chinese foodWoodnutDined on 5/18/2014I noticed in other reviews that patrons complained about the food lacking flavor. We had the same experience, from the hot and sour soup, to the mooshi pork to the noodle dish. We asked for and received some hot sauces which helped considerably but something was still missing. The portions were generous, looked very good, but just didn't have the taste that good Chinese does. We were there early on a Sunday evening, it was not crowded, but it seemed to take forever for each item to arrive. Doubt we'll ever go back.Special Features:
- Great food, great atmosphereJimlovesseafoodVIPDined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day and really enjoyed ourselves. The food was very authentic and the service was exceptional. We were treated very well and the hostesses were also very friendly.Special Features:
- The following 74 reviews are from the Howard Wang's - Southlake reviews archive.
- Best Chinese restaurant - SouthlakeRestHopperDined on 4/27/2014My 1st visit to this place on a Sun eve was very pleasant. The booth inside were not as comfortable not to mention the party with loud kids next to us so we opted to go outside. Outside seating is recommended and our server Toni was fantastic. He was very attentive. The food was very good and we enjoyed the schezuan calamari, the spicy basil noodles, among others are worth a try. Certainly will go back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Momof3Dined on 4/20/2014I've been here several times now, food is consistently good & the service is friendly and attentive. The mango ice cream is a favorite of my kids, and I find the entrees not overly salty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday afternoon diningLizzyDined on 4/13/2014Service was excellent; food was fresh and delicious- we will be return customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!ranerDined on 4/5/2014We love this restaurant. So glad Southlake finally has an outstanding Asian/Chinese restaurant!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerDJSCDined on 4/4/2014Dinner was great! Even got to meet Howard Wang! Definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Southlake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everybody Howard Wang TonightbsmallDined on 3/25/2014Incredible. The bartender/waiter took charge and led us to the perfect dish mixed with perfect cocktails. Not a big crowd the night we went, making it the perfect place to hang out and talk at the bar. Run, don't walk, to Howard Wang's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food! PresentatioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Great service and food! Presentation was spectacular. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usual experienceTcufrog08Dined on 3/16/2014We have been to Howard Wangs for dinner before and had an unbelievable experience with great food and pretty good service. We chose to have a Sunday lunch and it was not the same. Service was very slow and the entrees were lackluster at best. The egg rolls and chicken satays were tasty, but took a while to get. We were never offered sweetener for tea until another waitress came by. We rarely saw our waiter and it wasn't even that busy. We ordered the Singapore Rice Noodles with shrimp and it was absolutely flavorless. We have ordered it before and was much better. I'm not sure what happened this time. I plan on giving Howard's one more shot since we had such a good time our first go round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food and servicelojomyVIPDined on 3/14/2014This was our second dinner at HW's. We enjoy the variety of selections on the menu. There is always something for everyone and always something new to try. The quality of the food is outstanding and the environment is very appealing especially in the back room with its curtains. Our service was likewise very good. Our server was attentive and when we had a question about the usage of MSG, the manager came over to explain where it was used and where it wasn't. Very helpful and very transparent. Overall HW's is a cut above its competition and I'd recommend it highly. We'll certainly be back and bring more of our friends.Special Features:
- It's FineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014Had tried to visit before and was rudely turned away due to a lack of reservation. Made a reservation this time & was immediately seated in the bar, which we thought was weird. But the service at the table was great; our waiter walked us through the menu to explain the distinctions and was very prompt with food and drinks. The food, however, was just okay. We ordered a whole bunch of different dishes to get a good sampling and found most of them to just be okay. Everything we ordered had good flavor but was overcooked - steam buns, pork belly, seafood, and even tempura were all tough. Can't say that we'll go back, especially at the price.
- Enjoyable in every wayWoodrowDined on 3/8/2014Our group of eight was totally pleased with our dining experience. The service, food and atmosphere was perfect. Only two of us had been here before, and the others were pleasantly surprised and mentioned they will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food, Rushed ServiceMIkeDined on 3/1/2014Our food was very good, but our waitress rushed our service! I was still eating as she began clearing the table, i.e. Picking up dishes reaching across my plate. The bill was brought without asking us about dessert. We had to ask for coffee. What would have been a nice evening with friends, was rushed! Again, the dishes were very good, but we do expect better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findChrisDined on 3/1/2014This was our first time here. We were pleasantly surprised by our experience. We made reservations on Open Table in the afternoon for later that evening. Prior to our reservation time we were contacted by the restrauant. They asked if we would like to sit on the patio that evening due to the pleasant weather. We agreed, which is unusual for us. The outside experience was great. Generally around here you are going to get a view of the parking lot, which was not the case, nor could you hear the traffic noise from 1709. The food was excellent. We left there raving about one of our new favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Asian Fusion in SouthlakeDustyDined on 2/22/2014By far one of the top restaurants in Southlake that is light years ahead of other restaurants attempts at doing Chinese/Asian cuisine. Start of the night with a cocktail from the best bartender in DFW, Sage, and then order some dumplings and/or potstickers for an appetizer. My favorite is the spicy Szechwan wonton...game changer. Then branch out and try the Peking Duck, Vanilla Prawns, and my favorite, Wang's Beef Tenderloin! This place will not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMsGLoveDined on 2/22/2014Howard Wangs has always been one of my favorites for gourmet Asian food in a sophisticated, comfortable environment. The Southlake location is no exception to that. We had a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Howard moves to SouthlakepeachesbockVIPDined on 2/22/2014I have been a patron of Howard Wang's since he opened his location at Northwest Highway and Midway in Dallas. The restaurant in Southlake is beautiful. The menu is more extensive than his other location and the food was very good. I'd recommend checking it out if you live in the area.Special Features:
- Fun nightSherryDined on 2/21/2014We were seated right at our reservation time, service was prompt and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian FusionVedosisDined on 2/21/2014We drove about 45 minutes to get to the place (random pick in the metroplex) and if it was closer, we'd probably go again. As it was the food was really good/interesting Asian fusion and the decor was really nice. But... I think we prefer to stick to the classics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2014Wanted weekend was coming and tired of the same old places. Wife suggested Howard Wang's. Glad we went. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner for WifeluvthehillcountryVIPDined on 2/15/2014We had a family dinner with my wife brother, mother in law and a few friends. We have dined here before and the service was always excellent for lunch so my wife was excited about celebrating her birthday here. Our group was 8 people, so a large table but not anything they couldn't have serviced adequately. We waited 15 min before our waiter approached the table and it went down hill from there. The food was outstanding and warm but there was no follow up on drinks, no appetizers served, our waiter at the end dropped off the check without asking if we wanted dessert, which we did because it was a birthday celebration. A complete disaster for her special night. It will be a long while before we go back on an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southlake outpost of a Dallas restbillpDined on 2/15/2014If you are looking for decent, americanized Chinese food, you've found the spot. Ingredients appear to be fresh and the recipes are the traditional favorites that we've come to love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not PF Changs...cs5477Dined on 2/14/2014We couldn't help but compare HW's to PF Changs. The menu is perhaps more of what you would expect from the traditional American "Chinese" restaurant, but there are many similarities, including the prices. Much more expensive than your average Chinese - and while we loved the service and the atmosphere, the food was not quite as good as we expected. It was good, but not exceptional. Next time we want to pay a lot for Chinese, we'll go to PF Changs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and exceptional service!JimlovesseafoodVIPDined on 2/11/2014Surprisingly, the food is pretty authentic Asian. The bar scene was also hopping and Sage the Bartender knows everyone! He will prepare you a drink that he chooses and it's never the same drink twice. Pretty cool place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning decor, variety of dishesAnghoughVIPDined on 2/9/2014Great waiter - he was attentive and quick to take care of us. The egg flower soup was delicious, and we were glad to have enough of our orange peel beef to take home, it was quite tender. Tall booths are so straight, they're uncomfortable. Desperately wanted a pillow behind my back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/2/2014We'd heard good comments about this restaurant. We were very disappointed. The crab was so salty, despite being a 5-pepper crab, that it was not fit to eat. The lobster appetizer was fishy. The fried duck was a bit on the dry side. The steamed buns that accompanied several of the dishes were doughy and heavier than expected. Just not what we expected or had hoped to enjoy.