Houston - Square Victoria
1001 Square Victoria
Montreal, QC H2Z2B1Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Houston - Square Victoria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.houstonresto.com/en/index.php
- Phone: 5148759669
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Happy Hour
A word from Houston - Square Victoria
Houston Canada is proud to welcome you into our world, and we invite you to join us on a culinary adventure that is out of the ordinary. A unique environment that has something for everyone...... You will discover a refined kitchen; simple, classy and smart all at the same time. Our team is looking forward to your visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Houston - Square Victoria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good for LunchdinersoursDined on 2/18/2014It is convenient for lunch, variety of dishes, good service.Special Features:
- I was pleasantly surprisedwines123VIPDined on 2/15/2014I was pleasantly surprised with the restaurant. the menu was nice and the service was good. would like to go back for happy hour. and don't waste your time looking for parking they have a valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner musicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014During the dinner hours up to 10 pm the music didn't need to be so loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMr514Dined on 1/11/2014The place is well situated, the service is great. The staff is on the ball. I went there with my wife and 3 1/2 yr old and we had a nice time. The wine list is more than adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They sat us next to the deejayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2013They sat us next to the deejay which meant people kept bumping into our table to ask for songs,as well as our waitress was not very attentive and the food was all brought together instead of bringing appetizers and main course separate.
- Business LunchReviewerDined on 12/4/2013I went to Houston's a couple of times in the last 3 weeks for business lunches. The service was decent, not exceptional and the food was fair. I had the burger once - nice presentation, and was pretty good. I went with something more healthy last week: grilled chicken salad. The chicken looked like it was a few days old and very try, and the salad was so over seasoned that I had to use my knife to strip the arugula of the dressing. Again, nice presentation, but the food quality was quite poor. A problem that the restaurant should be able to fix pretty easily, I hope! A salad is supposed to be healthy. This one was not.
- Poutine heaven!mlg1Dined on 11/28/2013We liked our experience @ Houston - food is fair (what you'd expect of a chain steakhouse), poutine was outstanding! Happy hour drink prices were a bonus. Best part is it's walking distance from the W Hotel so you can stumble home!Special Features:
- Nourriture correcteHoutsonCustomerDined on 10/31/2013Le potage du jour était bon. J'ai ensuite pris le poulet en salade. Bonne vinaigrette mais le poulet était ennuyant.
- We love Houston'sKRbeautyDined on 8/21/2013My family and I dined at Houston's for my daughter's birthday and we loved it! It was our first time there, the food was great, lovely environment for adults and children. We recently ate there for my birthday and the staff was wonderful, very friendly. My family enjoyed it! We love Houston's :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant for businessmathieuhuotVIPDined on 8/9/2013This restaurant is a very good place to go for businnes lunches.Special Features:
- Loved the houston!!!AndyinmtlDined on 7/5/2013Great experience great music! Will be back for sure!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I hope to go back!ruberchikenDined on 7/5/2013Amazing restaurant. My boyfriend and I had fried calamaris and coconut soup for starters. They were both amazing. Tasty and fresh. Then we had the Brie streak and the ribs. I took a half rack of ribs because usually they is enough for me. I have to admit the portion was a little smaller than what I had expected. The sweet potato fries are to die for. We were way too full to order desert, sadly. Still a pretty pricy place but totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2013Ambience, food, service and the gorgeous young ladies.Special Features:
- For lunch it is okBobtheBobVIPDined on 6/25/2013Location is good. Ideal place for lunch since service is speedy. Lack of charm environnment. Quality of food is OK not more than that. Not a moment you will remember. Sometime it is really noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, wine and serviceFoodie2Dined on 5/7/2013Definitely my favorite place to go after work, for lunch, dinner, or for a hockey game. The service is top notch and the beautiful waitresses are not just eye candies but excellent at their job. I always bring VIP from out of town and we always have a great meal with very good wine selection which is not overpriced compare to some other places. Great atmosphere and clientele as they play mixture of music and has live DJ. Thursday 5-7 is the place to be as they have a big outdoor terrace full of cool good looking crowd. Old Montreal has many great restaurants but this one is the best for me. Keep it up Houston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food took a little bitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2013The food took a little bit of time but in general everything was Ok.
- The servers are very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/18/2013The servers are very friendly and corteous and the lunch were great.Special Features:
- Belle découvrir teOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013Bonne bouffe....Bon vin...excellent service....Ce fût une très belle soirée.Special Features:
- Terrible food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2013Albeit great atmosphere, the food and service are terrible. We went on a Thursday night, ordered calamari to start followed by ribs and a filet mignon. We had to ask for utensils and this was when both of our main courses have been served. Both the ribs and the steak were the dry and simply loaded with sauce, and to top it off we had one knife "to share" the whole night. We had asked for it but it never came. This restaurant purely sells on their hot waitresses and business men that are there for drinks. If you [remotely] care about the food, this is not the place.Special Features:
- We had steaks which were cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013We had steaks which were cooked delicious and cooked as we ordered. Calamari was really tasty too. We splurged on dessert (chocolate cake, creme brulee) which were also very good. The service was slow at beginning and server a bit overwhelmed but her colleagues made up for it.Special Features:
- Much too loud to be a sitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Much too loud to be a sit down restaurant, the food was average at best, and much to expensive for what we ate. the kitchen couldnt tell the difference between a striploin steak and a rib steak. the service however was excellent. as a bar, i can see it work, but i will not return to dine there.Special Features:
- Toujours une bonne placeFVincentDined on 2/12/2013Bon repas + Bonne ambiance + Super service = Un excellent choix pour diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good, steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013Food was very good, steaks were fabulous. Too noisy for sharing with a couple. Unattended as I assisted to Houstons at the office for lunching and it was very quiet, elegant restaurant. Didn't receive bread with food, needed to ask for. Waitress smiley and friendly but dress code were more appropiate for a night club.
- The food was good as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2013The food was good as usual but the service took a little bit longer this time.Special Features:
- It was a great evening; theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013It was a great evening; the steak is amazing with baked potato and fresh veggies. big screen tv's all around for sports lovers. the chairs are so comfy, you want to fall asleep. Great evening I recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- The food is great, ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012The food is great, ambience great & the staff very knowledgeable on their work & great.Special Features:
- I got my entrée at the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2012I got my entrée at the same time as my main meal....Special Features:
- ALL GOOD!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012GREAT PLACE, GREAT FOOD, AMAZING SERVICE, GREAT TIME!Special Features:
- I went there with my cousinOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012I went there with my cousin for lunch. I had the tuna salad with a glass of wine. The tuna was room temperature and I didn't feel well in the afternoon... Also the waitress forgot to bring our glasses. Needless to say it's also expensive... I hope they'll improve... My opinion: good place to have a beer with friends, but for the food, I pass
- Overall ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Overall was ok, nothing outstanding. I much prefered the staff then the food I must say. I ordered a chicken sandwich and wasn't too impressed on the taste of the chicken. My friend ordered the same and she felt same way. Another friend ordered the fajitas and she was happier with her meal. Waitress was really nice, all of them were. I was cold and she offered to increase the heaters. I appreciate that alot. They were friendly and always courteous. The ambiance is good too, with good music played by the dj.Special Features:
- I found the music too loud,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012I found the music too loud, as did my young adult kids. The food was overpriced and it was described as being in Old Montreal when i made the reservations, which I think is a bit of a stretch.We had a nice time, but I wouldn't recommend it or return.
- Must try restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2012I took my best friend to Houston - Square Victoria for her birthday because I love it there! She was just complimenting everything about this restaurant, the ambiance, the vibe, the food, the service. She had the baked lobster and shrimps and I had the crab cakes, they were both very delicious choices. We both had ribs for our main course, which was very tasty and delicious. For dessert, we had the creme caramel, with fruits and we were not disappointed. We left feeling like happy customers. I would go again and again, and would bring my friends also. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to my local friends and family but also to friends and family from out of town, as well as business associate for a night out!Special Features:
- Bel endroit pour les 5@7,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/30/2012Bel endroit pour les 5@7, prendre un verre et décanter la journée.Special Features:
- Good service but too slowAlexDined on 10/25/2012Everything was good except the service was VERY slow. Micheal was our waiter, he is very friendly but it takes too long to get the service.Special Features:
- Easily comparable to BatonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012Easily comparable to Baton Rouge. Location is great directly in Downtown Montreal. Expensive for the entire experienceSpecial Features:
- I had the beef carpaccio andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2012I had the beef carpaccio and it was good and we had very good service.
- Great service, atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/12/2012Great service, atmosphere, but a bit expensive. Diner was great!Special Features:
- Bouffe OK - bel endroit à atmospherk135VIPDined on 8/31/2012La portion de tartare de boeuf était bien mais il était un peu détrempé dans l'assiette.Special Features:
- It's always a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2012It's always a great place to eat and get few drinks.Special Features:
- waitress should pay more attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012waitress should pay more attention to her female customers and not just the male customers. The food was good (nothing out of the ordinary) and atmosphere was pleasant due to the company I was with.Special Features: