Houston Avenue Bar & Grill - Gatineau
7, boulevard Montclair
Gatineau, QC J8Y 2E2Neighborhood:
Ottawa / Gatineau
SteakPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Houston Avenue Bar & Grill - Gatineau
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houstonresto.com/
- Phone: 8197710799
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm; Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Houston Avenue Bar & Grill - Gatineau
Houston Avenue Bar And Grill is proud to welcome you into our world. We invite you to join us on a culinary adventure that is out of the ordinary. We offer a unique environment that has something for everyone...... You will discover a refined kitchen serving the freshest ingredients available. Our team is looking forward to your visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Houston Avenue Bar & Grill - Gatineau reviews from OpenTable diners
- pretty good place the foodmickarv28Dined on 2/7/2014pretty good place the food was great service was perfect but the price arre a little bit highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great decor, food not so greatJozyDined on 1/27/2014I had the pasta with smoked salmon. It did not have any taste unless you ask the waiter to cover it with grounded pepper. The salmon didn't take smoky at all... The Crème Brûlée was also disappointing. It tasted like one made from a box and the topping which is one of the key of a crème brûlée was only "brûlée" in the center of the surface instead on the entire surface. My guest did enjoy her meal but also said it lacked of tastiness.Special Features:
- Special Dinnercatcher1958Dined on 1/18/2014Top notch customer service at all levels. Very relaxed and comfortable feeling. Accommodating facilities on main floor for individuals with special needs. This is our second time at the restaurant (first time staff Christmas dinner) and the service and atmosphere was just as great as the first time. I enjoyed the ribs that were very tasty with sweet potato fries and seasonal vegetables while my spouse enjoys the cooked to liking peppercorn steak with a side caesar salad. The price is right for the meal we enjoyed. We recommend this establishment to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing find!!!KB86Dined on 1/4/2014It was the first time I went to Houston Grill... Everything was amazing! I had the cheese plate as an entrée and the steak and Brie for dinner. Everything was to perfection!!! Even my steak was cooked right (medium rare). I was also very impressed with the service. Our waitress was very attentive to everything we asked and to details. She refilled our glasses of wine... Never missed a beat. The prices are also affordable and the price is good for the plates you get. I waled put of the restaurant feeling full but it was totally worth it! I would go back anytime!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the way you are welcomedDinnerdatesDined on 12/21/2013Loved the way you are welcomed at the door. The food was terrific, chicken, filet mignon, ribs, they were all excellent. They were out of some drinks, out of bread and it was an early dinner. The service was partially good. And the music was extremely loud although it was mostly dinners at that time. Not a restaurant to have a dinner conversation. But great foodSpecial Features:
- Moxies or The Keg much betterCassDined on 12/6/2013Felt the prices were high for the quality and portion size of food received. Much happier dining at similar steakhouses where you receive better quality food with more more selection of sides to accompany. We were charged $4 for a small amount of "extra" sauce for the ribs which had very little sauce on them to begin with. Also felt the wine was overpriced for what they were selling.Special Features:
- foodmonlucDined on 12/1/2013we had the spécial which was the roast beef and we hand up with a lot of "gras" in our plate ans not Cook as we requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, too loudArmstrongDined on 11/8/2013The steak was great, but the loud music made us have to speak loudly to hear eachother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over all reviewtravelerDined on 10/31/2013I'm writing this review as we all felt at our table. We were not able to talk apart from yelling due to the music level being very high and clients doing the same as us. As a restaurant it has a long way to go, One of my guest filet with bone was very good and the salad was also very good, the other meals being the same, the baked potato was not well cooked and the Noodle Patai was not what we expected. The pricing for our food was rated as a 5 star, The wine list was very nice and complete, as for the bar house red wine 3.5 out of 10. The service at our table was excellent and pleasant, Experienced staff from a local restaurant.(George). We visited this resto several times since it's opening and the progression comes slow.Special Features:
- i dont knowDissapointedDined on 10/27/2013The food comes really lateeeee .. you wait too much time. but i likes the server. the food ( chiken) was not well done. the food did not taste good. etc. i wasnt happy . maybe its a new resto ! i loved the look though apart from the food every thing else is goodSpecial Features:
- family tablestefDined on 10/26/2013I went for the first time to the Houston steak house on Montclair, Gatineau. This is really a good place, great food and service. Music too loud for family discussion....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseEpicweekendDined on 7/27/2013Overall experience was very good. The restaurant is a mash up of fine fancy food and upscale club. Although pricy , the portions were good and overall all items except burger ( my friend ordered their signature burger and it was overlooked and dry) was fantastic. The staff looked great and it didn't seem busy the sat we were there.Special Features:
- Quelques manques...RestaurantadvisorDined on 7/19/2013Pas d'eau servie, pas de pain servi, très long pour avoir nos plats (45 à 60 minutes). La raison évoquée: vous avez demandé un steak de cuisson medium... pas impressionné. Beau décor. Du potentiel mais il faudra améliorer le service pour justifier les prix.
- Nice placeyanbellDined on 5/2/2013Hello, We had a nice experience at Houston. The only thing I can say that will maybe improve our experience is the noise. Music was oulmost as loud as in a dancing bar. We were sitting at our table creaming at each other trying to entertain a conversation. Theres is ambiance for dancing and there is ambiance for enjoying a nice conversation around a good meal. Music way too loud. But beside this, I'll be back at Houston for sure. Thx for the service and your hospitality, YanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ON A BEAUCOUP AIMÉ NOTRE SOIRÉE,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2013ON A BEAUCOUP AIMÉ NOTRE SOIRÉE, BOUFFE EXCELLENTE NOUS Y RETOURNERONS C'EST SUR :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Was disapointed with the noise...Very loud ....there should be more separators between tables and plants to absorb the noise... Was also very hot, we asked our server to do something ..I can just imagine summer in there...Ouf!! We were seated behind the reception area, against a wall, so I guess air circulation wasn't very good in this spot...The leather like chairs didn't help either we were sticking to them :-( Food was great but way too noisy...Special Features:
- I originally called to makeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013I originally called to make reservation for 6 poeple for 7 30 and was told there were only availabilities were 9 15. I clicked on their site to make reservation which I received the service of open table and had no problem to reserve for 7 15 for 6. When we arrived there;s was a 15 min wait for a table, which we waited at the bar.The service has to be improved, we had to direct the waitress on service i.e. she took our drink order then we had to flag her down to order our appetizers and same thing to order our main dish. She really should have taken all the order at the same time as we kept waiting for each step which was very unpleasant.The music was so loud it was hard to hear ourselve talk, very unpleasant. The food was good.Laura
- Service was very good, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Service was very good, food was Ok but not as good as the first time, last time I had the pepper steak, it was excellent. This time I had the steak special, did not taste like much, no spice on itSpecial Features:
- Very dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2013The music was TOO LOUD, we could hardly have a conversation without almost screeming. We waited a long time for the food. The meat was not tender and was black. It looked liked it was burnt which was not very appetizing. We were surprised at the look of the meat and honestly thought that it was burnt, but we were told that it was the way it was supposed to look !!!! Food is very OVERPRICED. For the price, we expected the meat to be tender and juicy which was not the case. The waitresses were underdressed (mini dresses too short and very low-neck cut showing half of their breasts). In order for us to be able to hear them, they had to bend towards us and her breasts were almost on our faces !!! NOT APPROPRIATE FOR A RESTAURANT.
- Very trendy atmosphere. AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013Very trendy atmosphere. Amazing food, staff was super professional and friendly! Went with 2 of my friends and we totally enjoyed it, definitely coming backSpecial Features:
- Fine ambiance. Very good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Fine ambiance. Very good food. The service wasn't what i could expect from this kind of restaurant. We didn't finish our appetizers and our main course meal arrive at the table. The waitress insist on taking my unfinish beer, she also came twice to know if i had finish my meal. She ask one of the person at the table if she ate all her fries.Special Features:
- Extremely poor table choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Extremely poor table choices even with a reservation. Poor reception desk design which makes multiple tables almost unusable because people are standing by the desk, right next to diners!!! left and went elsewhere - baton rouge was awesome as usual - never going back to houston
- Trendy decor, ok food, a bit noisyOttawaFoodieDined on 2/10/2013Recently opened less than one month ago. Conveniently located and plenty of free parking. The decor is what makes tbhis place. A trendy lounge ambiance, dark wood and red lighting, very noisy, steady booming music in the background. The staff is young and somewhat inexperienced. The female staff dresses are fit for a late night lounge. Then there is the food. OK fare but nothing exceptional. Ribs, steaks, fish and chicken, adequately prepared, priced a bit higher than the competition. The wine list is fine and reasonably priced. The noise was too much for our taste. We'll go back in a few months to see if they worked out the few kinks that are normal for a new spot.Special Features: