Houston Avenue Bar & Grill-DIX30
9200 boul. Leduc
Brossard, QC J4Y 0L1Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Houston Avenue Bar & Grill-DIX30
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houstonresto.com/
- Phone: 4506786363
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Houston Avenue Bar & Grill-DIX30
Houston Avenue Bar And Grill is proud to welcome you into our world. We invite you to join us on a culinary adventure that is out of the ordinary. We offer a unique environment that has something for everyone...... You will discover a refined kitchen serving the freshest ingredients available. Our team is looking forward to your visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Houston Avenue Bar & Grill-DIX30 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our waitress was the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Our waitress, Marylin, was the best. She made our night special with her outstanding service. She always made sure that we didn't sit around needing anything such has water, drinks and everything else. She went the extra miles. She is a sweathearth. She knows what she is doing and she took care of us even if the restaurant was at full capacity. We often eat at restaurants and she is one of the few waitress that i will remember because of her excellent people skills. The food was delicious. We took the seafood platter and it was surprisingly good quality food. Overall i rate this experience a 9/10. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the beef tartar andOpentabledinerDined on 1/11/2014I had the beef tartar and it was bad... I had it twice before, the first time it was great yet a little spicy and the second time overly bland. This time it was practically inedible- wrong texture and so spicy the meet was lost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very slowPatrickNDined on 12/31/2013Food was average, service was very slow, not enough waiter/waitress working on new year eve I guess.Special Features:
- New Year MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We had wanted to try this restaurant for a while, so chose NYE as an occasion to visit with friends. Booking via open table was easy. The resturant was cold (the heating had broken) so it was difficult to relax and get into the party spirit as we couldn't remove our coats all evening!! The starters were very tasty, as were the main courses, apart from my shrimp pasta dish, which for $20 was overpriced and disappointing. Desserts and cocktails were good. The wine we requested was out of stock but a suitable alternative was provided. The DJ booked for the NYE celebration was very good. Overall the experience was disappointing and we won't go back. I feel if the heating was working and it wasn't so pricey, we would have stayed until Midnight.Special Features:
- was left underwhelmed...khouklaDined on 12/31/2013While my husband's steak was excellent, everything else was underwhelming. I had higher expectations for Houston Steakhouse.The "it" factor is missing...For the $100 we spent there with my husband spent for during dinner on New Year's Eve, we were simply underwhelmed. Food, ambiance, service, location, access to main entrance from parking, all "meh". Sadly, we will be "regifting" the other gift card we have. I still prefer the KEG. Best of luck in 2014.
- New restaurant experiencemaggieDined on 12/31/2013Was given a gift card from a friend to try Houston's. Loved the atmosphere, food was great and our waiter was terrific. Have recommened it to friends and will definitely go back ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service good have been better !Skelum75Dined on 12/23/2013When you go to a restaurant that you pay good money for food Service need to be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best NY steak in Canada!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013I can't remember a similar taste north of the border. And even south of it, I believe it happened only a couple of times! It's a little bit on the pricey side, but on a occasion it's completely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, just rememberLindaNDined on 12/7/2013Great food, just remember there is a DJ on Saturday nights and if you want to be able to talk during dinner ask for reservations in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool and trendyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2013I loved this place but is better If you have luck you'll get a very good service...if not you'll get a young tyro as waitress :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!HezchoiceDined on 10/25/2013The restaurant had great ambience and the noise level was fine for dining. The table d'hôte had great offerings and was a great value. Service was very attentive and professional- will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bonne ambianceSpecialKDined on 10/19/2013Très belle ambiance, besoin de réserver, service courtois, bon choix de menu mais les burgers sont très secs et peu savoureux. Vaut mieux opté pour autre chose sur le menu même quand on a vraiment le goût de manger cela.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outVeropVIPDined on 10/11/2013It's our second visit, for my friends and I to Houston Dix30. We really love the food. It's a really good place to have fun, drink, and meet new people. Don't expect it to be quiet and relaxing, but expect to ear good music and to be ready to go dancing after!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud restaurant, boring foodWoncoVIPDined on 9/30/2013The restaurant itself is trendy and has a nice bar vibe. However, the loud music was a turn off. The menu itself doesn't have anything that would blow your mind. They had the typical ribs and steaks. There wasn't anything special about them. It took a while before we got our food. It just seemed like we were waiting and waiting while the loud music kept pounding into our ears. I saw a family with a small child across the restaurant and they didn't seem very comfortable. This isn't a family restaurant. I didn't hate the food or the restaurant, but I didn't love it either. I don't think I would come back. There just wasn't anything unique about it.Special Features:
- DécevantTalouDined on 9/20/2013En ce qui concerne la nourriture, ce fût correcte. Rien d'extraordinaire mais pas mauvais. Toutefois, lemservice est extrêmement long (pas loin de 45 minutes entre la fin de l'entrée et l'arrivée du plat principal. De plus, c'est extrêmement bruyant. Il faut se crier par la tête pour arriver à se comprendre. Je conseillerais ce restaurant pour un 5 à 7 mais pas pour un souper.
- A restaurant divided in two...StephieDined on 9/20/2013The food was excellent. Kids (teenagers) loved it too. We were seated in the "restaurant" part. The "Bar" part of the restaurant is loud and obviously a pick-up ;). I was surprised! I don't mind it's just not a family place! Now I know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst restaurant experience everCorinneDined on 9/14/2013Our table wasn't ready when we arrived. We went to the bar to wait. When our table was ready we had to pay the bar for the drinks before going to our table and then carry our drinks and menus to the table! 2 drinks were $20. ouch. The meal was mediocre at best. My sirloin was tough and stringy. The baked potato was hard and cold, the toppings weren't even melted. The mushrooms were very good. I had indicated when making the reservation that it was an anniversary celebration at no point did anyone say anything to us. The amiant noise was so loud it was almost impossible to have a private conversation. I will NEVER go back to this restaurant. It was a total dissapointment. It was outrageously expensive for poor quality.
- Too noisymynaDined on 9/6/2013The music was way too loud in the restaurant! I had difficulty to hear my friend who was sitted in front of me! Except that point, everything else was excellent in the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceCowBgoneDined on 8/10/2013Food was very flavorful, ambiance was upbeat and stimulating, service very attentive and friendly, prices very reasonable. I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DécevantMarioDined on 8/9/2013Notre 1ère visite au Houston Avenue Bar & Grill-DIX30 qui fût des plus décevante. La présentation des plats est sans âme. Quelques frites avec le Houston Burger sans présentation aucune, de même pour les ribs (quelques frites cachées sous une côte levée sans plus). Bien que le service de notre serveuse fût courtois, l'empressement des "boss boys" pour nous enlever nos assiettes étaient très déplacé. Les Steaks Frites, L'Àuroch ou le Rouge Boeuf sont de meilleurs choix. Bon pour un 5 à 7 du côté bar pour une assiette de nachos sans plus!
- Très bonmastromcDined on 7/26/2013Ambiance de style lounge, bon choix de menu. Cesar Houston excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy for friendly dinnerkdydy34Dined on 7/12/2013It was the 1st time I was going to this restaurant. When we arrive my friend and I, the staff was a bit snob. The table and chairs were comfortable but the noise level: OMG!!!!! My throat felt like I went to a heavy metal concert. The Clear Sangria was a delight, but it was the only thing that we ordered that was good. This place should consider being just a bar and no more. The calamari were served with tatziki sauce. I had a lobster and shrimp "guedille served on an hard to chew half bagette: everything was falling over the plate. The lime chicken was cut in a way that friend couldn't eat it. She would get crunchy bits and would gag. The price was ridiculous compared to the quality of the fun. Like Tayloy would say: Never, ever, again!
- There's a DJ!PollyVIPDined on 7/10/2013So don't expect a quiet tête-à-tête. Food was decent so I would recommend to people looking for a sports bar experience!Special Features:
- Good food/ambiance/service lackingMontrealDinerDined on 6/7/2013Attended as a group of 9. No water was ever offered, waitress only took drink orders for half of table, and despite being a steakhouse we had to ask the bus boy for steak knifes as they were not provided. Great evening 5-7 vibe and ambiance. Great selection on the menu. Would recommend again, though the service needs some work for me to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICE BUT VERY NOISYNATYBDined on 6/6/2013I WENT TO DINNER WITH A FRIEND AND WE HAD A HARD TIME TALKING TO EACH OTHER. THE MUSIC WAS SO LOUD THAT MY EARS WERE STILL WRINGING 30 MINUTES AFTER WE LEFT. THE FOOD WAS GREAT THE SERVICE OUTSTANDING. THE THING I DO NOT UNDERSTAND IS WHY THE WAITERS ARE ABLE TO BE COMFORTABLE AS THEY ARE IN THEIR DRESS CODE AND THE WAITRESSES NEED TO WEAR SHOES THAT CRIPPLES THEM AFTER 4 HOURS AND WEAR SKIRTS THAT BARELY REACH BELOW THEIR BUNS. THE RESTAURANT NEEDS TO REVISIT HOW THEY OBJECTIFY WOMEN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was okayTylorDined on 5/12/2013Went there for a special occasion. Being a Streak house I was hoping you would have Prime Rib,, was disappointed you didn't have it. I had the Houston burger,, it was really great .. except that it had twigs of spices in there that kind of spoiled it. My wife had a club, menu said it had roasted chicken,, but it look more like chicken salad sandwich, was dry and not very good. The other couple we were with enjoyed their meal, it looked and tasted great. The waitress was very good took good care of us. I didn't really like the decor. Didn't like the glass partition between the tables, not private enough.
- Terrible service, average food.AlexVIPDined on 5/11/2013When you enter the restaurant, you say to yourself, WOW nicely decorated place and good looking staff. Unfortunately it stops right there, the service was just atrocious. It took forever to get our food, menus, main dishes stayed on the table while we had our dessert, had to ask three times for cream n sugar, worse service I've ever had in a restaurant. The food was average, I had a ceasar salad which was ok, I had ribs for main course and they were dry n rough. Too bad, this place just opened and if they don't adjust, it will not last. All in all, I will not go back, they are better restaurants in that area...Special Features:
- Very nice staff and restaurant!!SplurgeDined on 5/7/2013We were 8 to watch a Hockey game and it's was the perfect place to be! Nice Bar, nice staff, very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- respect female employeesZBJ3Dined on 5/3/2013As good as the food and the ambiance was...for us (a group a well accomplished women) to return, you will need to see to the RIDICULOUS high heels you have your female staff wearing. The poor young women that work for you can not walk by the end of the night. I even saw one crying from pain and they could barely hold up there cabaret without dropping anything from too much pain to their feet. It is 2013 and women do not need to dress like that to attract a crowd. Please review your dress code for all female staff in your restaurant. People who can afford a 30$ steak on a regular basis are not people who want to see woman in skirts this short and heels that are so incredibly uncomfortable they can barely stand up by the end of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The atmosphere was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013The atmosphere was very good relax and made for a great night. Our waitress was very friendly and knew her job well. The drinks were good and the food was very good also! I will defenately be going back!Special Features:
- Food and service from waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2013Food and service from waitress was very good except we had to wait 2 hours for our main dish and their excuse was that it was a new restaurant. They offered us drinks as compensation but we had already enough to drink while waiting. After some back and forth to our dismay they finally comped our main dishes which were good but cold once we got them. Waiting aside I did enjoy he restaurant overall lets hope it was a one time thing.Special Features: